ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall)

Moderators: NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, K-DOT, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, King of Canada, mpharris36, Thugger HBC

User avatar
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,683
And1: 4,913
Joined: May 08, 2002
Location: Optimistic but realistic

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#121 » by aq_ua » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:50 am

Spandau wrote:I saw the Ingles comparison, after Rokas warmed up to playing on US soil. It’s kind of a stretch, but it makes sense. Crafty ball handler, makes up for relatively slow feet with a tactful use of hands, and made a lot of surprisingly smart decisions on both ends. Also, both guys play with their feet virtually glued to the court, like they wear lead boots.

Anyway, he’s got a style of play that is easy to get behind and root for. All of the picks do, really.

Hopefully we keep Rokas for his eventual NBA debut, but he definitely showed enough promise to be a legitimate toss-in asset in lieu of another pick if a big trade comes up.

:wave:

Knicks are back, posters are back!
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 71,175
And1: 36,087
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#122 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:32 am

aq_ua wrote:
Spandau wrote:I saw the Ingles comparison, after Rokas warmed up to playing on US soil. It’s kind of a stretch, but it makes sense. Crafty ball handler, makes up for relatively slow feet with a tactful use of hands, and made a lot of surprisingly smart decisions on both ends. Also, both guys play with their feet virtually glued to the court, like they wear lead boots.

Anyway, he’s got a style of play that is easy to get behind and root for. All of the picks do, really.

Hopefully we keep Rokas for his eventual NBA debut, but he definitely showed enough promise to be a legitimate toss-in asset in lieu of another pick if a big trade comes up.

:wave:

Knicks are back, posters are back!


Btw, for "icing on the cake", Rokas is Ingles's third cousin. I swear.
User avatar
Jstock12
RealGM
Posts: 10,001
And1: 16,707
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#123 » by Jstock12 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:48 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
Spandau wrote:I saw the Ingles comparison, after Rokas warmed up to playing on US soil. It’s kind of a stretch, but it makes sense. Crafty ball handler, makes up for relatively slow feet with a tactful use of hands, and made a lot of surprisingly smart decisions on both ends. Also, both guys play with their feet virtually glued to the court, like they wear lead boots.

Anyway, he’s got a style of play that is easy to get behind and root for. All of the picks do, really.

Hopefully we keep Rokas for his eventual NBA debut, but he definitely showed enough promise to be a legitimate toss-in asset in lieu of another pick if a big trade comes up.

:wave:

Knicks are back, posters are back!


Btw, for "icing on the cake", Rokas is Ingles's third cousin. I swear.


Image
User avatar
Jstock12
RealGM
Posts: 10,001
And1: 16,707
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#124 » by Jstock12 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:30 pm

Rokas debuted for Barcelona in a preparation game for the season. Ended up with 8 points.

Read on Twitter
User avatar
BKlutch
RealGM
Posts: 12,826
And1: 9,102
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#125 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Rokas debuted for Barcelona in a preparation game for the season. Ended up with 8 points.

Read on Twitter

Hope he works on his game a lot this year. Nice of them to develop our next generation guard for us.
.
.
.
Year 1: From 21 to 41 wins!
Year 2: Add Evan, Kemba, Mitch, and the draft picks!
User avatar
Jstock12
RealGM
Posts: 10,001
And1: 16,707
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#126 » by Jstock12 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:27 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
Posts: 2,732
And1: 1,145
Joined: Mar 05, 2012

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#127 » by FreeSpiritNY » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:28 am

He has a good feel for the game I really hope we bring him over in a year or two.
User avatar
Jstock12
RealGM
Posts: 10,001
And1: 16,707
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#128 » by Jstock12 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:57 pm

User avatar
BKlutch
RealGM
Posts: 12,826
And1: 9,102
Joined: Jan 11, 2015
Location: Jamaica, NY
     

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#129 » by BKlutch » Sun Sep 5, 2021 12:27 am

Jstock12 wrote:

Thanks for these, J, although it seems a little bit like a tease. Even if we want him, we can't have him for a year. LOL.

Would love to see him make more shots off the dribble - he looks like that will develop. I like his court sense. Hope he uses this year to develop and we add him to our improving back court in the not too distant future.
.
.
.
Year 1: From 21 to 41 wins!
Year 2: Add Evan, Kemba, Mitch, and the draft picks!
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 71,175
And1: 36,087
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#130 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:38 am

Jstock12 wrote:Rokas debuted for Barcelona in a preparation game for the season. Ended up with 8 points.

Read on Twitter


Meh, he's depressed he's not with us. Can't blame him.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 47,260
And1: 37,359
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: JEWISH LASER CLINIC
Contact:
 

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#131 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:49 am

Jstock12 wrote:
Read on Twitter


He has game. Those are some slick moves

He looks for open men, knows how to distribute and can hit from deep

Very Un-Paytonish
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
UcanUwill
RealGM
Posts: 20,162
And1: 17,311
Joined: Aug 07, 2011
   

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#132 » by UcanUwill » Sun Sep 5, 2021 1:22 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

Thanks for these, J, although it seems a little bit like a tease. Even if we want him, we can't have him for a year. LOL.

Would love to see him make more shots off the dribble - he looks like that will develop. I like his court sense. Hope he uses this year to develop and we add him to our improving back court in the not too distant future.


I watched all his Euroleague games last year, and Jokubaitis has very good off the dribble mid range shot, near FT line one, that was his go to. Of the Dribble 3s or long NBA 2s are more of the struggle for him, doesnt have that much of off the dribble range yet.

P.S. What have they done with Barcelona uniforms tho, my god thats a bright blue, Barca also had subtle colors, now they look more like FC Basel or smth like that.
Image
User avatar
Jstock12
RealGM
Posts: 10,001
And1: 16,707
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#133 » by Jstock12 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm

User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 23,311
And1: 8,934
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: optimistic skeptical realist

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#134 » by stuporman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:59 am

Image?

Return to New York Knicks