ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall)

Moderators: Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, Thugger HBC, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

cgmw
RealGM
Posts: 18,612
And1: 5,375
Joined: Jul 23, 2003
Location: Winning now since 1973
Contact:
 

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#161 » by cgmw » Thu Oct 7, 2021 6:46 am

Poor man's Dragic, whose peak was a homeless man's Petrovic.

Spoiler:
Opinion based on 90 seconds of viewing the above youtube highlight before losing interest and clicking away to a TikTok video of an alligator-eating-a-chicken gone wrong. #SmallWaistPrettyFacewithaBigBank
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
EMG518
Starter
Posts: 2,360
And1: 689
Joined: Mar 11, 2012

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#162 » by EMG518 » Fri Oct 8, 2021 4:40 am

We passed on Jared Butler three times.
User avatar
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,504
And1: 1,201
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
         

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#163 » by NYK Dolemite » Fri Oct 8, 2021 7:56 pm

cgmw wrote:Poor man's Dragic, whose peak was a homeless man's Petrovic.

Spoiler:
Opinion based on 90 seconds of viewing the above youtube highlight before losing interest and clicking away to a TikTok video of an alligator-eating-a-chicken gone wrong. #SmallWaistPrettyFacewithaBigBank


Can’t knock the exhaustive scouting and research! I think he’s gonna be a hall of famer, based entirely on how cool the Spanish announcer makes his last name sound. We will see whose methodology reigns supreme.
User avatar
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,504
And1: 1,201
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
         

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#164 » by NYK Dolemite » Fri Oct 8, 2021 7:57 pm

EMG518 wrote:We passed on Jared Butler three times.


That’s more than Elfrid passed in a typical first quarter.
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 66,236
And1: 27,964
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#165 » by KnicksGod » Fri Oct 8, 2021 8:02 pm

NYK Dolemite wrote:
EMG518 wrote:We passed on Jared Butler three times.


That’s more than Elfrid passed in a typical first quarter.


More like first half of the season.
Semi-retired Knicks fan. Image
User avatar
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
Posts: 7,423
And1: 16,547
Joined: Feb 28, 2015
Location: Sunnydale
     

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#166 » by Triple C » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:46 am

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
Posts: 12,712
And1: 7,833
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
Location: Queens
       

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#167 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:04 am

Up that trade value young man
User avatar
BugginOut
Head Coach
Posts: 6,730
And1: 6,778
Joined: May 25, 2014
   

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#168 » by BugginOut » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:00 am

Read on Twitter


Leon just drafted new age Dragic in the 2nd round. If he was declaring for the draft this year he would easily be a first round pick. Knicks new FO don’t miss
Juggynaut
Analyst
Posts: 3,472
And1: 2,080
Joined: Feb 14, 2010
       

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#169 » by Juggynaut » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:07 am

Can't believe we got the best player in the 2021 NBA draft with the 34th pick.
Image
User avatar
Jstock12
RealGM
Posts: 10,011
And1: 16,727
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#170 » by Jstock12 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:38 am

Juco24
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,772
And1: 3,865
Joined: Feb 12, 2013

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#171 » by Juco24 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm

I really like his game... always seems under control
User avatar
Im Coming Home
RealGM
Posts: 19,445
And1: 9,050
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Bay Shore, NY
       

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#172 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:30 am

A lot of his buckets seem to be off penetration, I do wonder if he's athletic enough to continue to do that in the NBA or not.
Image
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
Posts: 10,999
And1: 18,881
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#173 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:41 am

Im Coming Home wrote:A lot of his buckets seem to be off penetration, I do wonder if he's athletic enough to continue to do that in the NBA or not.



Looks like he has a herky jerky game, that should translate, plus he's playing in the 2nd best league in the world.
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 23,105
And1: 27,814
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Asheville
     

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#174 » by robillionaire » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:45 am

I wonder where he'd be drafted if he was in this upcoming draft
User avatar
RHODEY
RealGM
Posts: 14,043
And1: 9,189
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: Straight out of a comic book

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#175 » by RHODEY » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:18 am

BugginOut wrote:
Read on Twitter


Leon just drafted new age Dragic in the 2nd round. If he was declaring for the draft this year he would easily be a first round pick. Knicks new FO don’t miss


A scout I speak to recently moved to Europe, he says Rokas is looking good...like really good.
WajaBawl
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,827
And1: 1,874
Joined: Jul 05, 2015
 

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#176 » by WajaBawl » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:04 am

Looked average in summer league, and have doubts about his game translating with the physicality of the NBA. Rooting for the kid though, but doubt he's even gonna play a single minute for us anywhere in the near future.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
User avatar
Hes_On_Fire
Analyst
Posts: 3,545
And1: 3,546
Joined: Dec 08, 2018
       

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#177 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:06 am

WajaBawl wrote:Looked average in summer league, and have doubts about his game translating with the physicality of the NBA. Rooting for the kid though, but doubt he's even gonna play a single minute for us anywhere in the near future.


He’ll be in a trade package for Harrison Barnes - the prototypical Thibodeau player.
New York Knicks franchise record since James L Dolan assumed full ownership:

609-877
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 73,284
And1: 37,663
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#178 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:45 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
WajaBawl wrote:Looked average in summer league, and have doubts about his game translating with the physicality of the NBA. Rooting for the kid though, but doubt he's even gonna play a single minute for us anywhere in the near future.


He’ll be in a trade package for Harrison Barnes - the prototypical Thibodeau player.


The Kings don't want our garbage :lol:

I thought he played well until he got hurt.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 73,284
And1: 37,663
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#179 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:46 am

RHODEY wrote:
BugginOut wrote:
Read on Twitter


Leon just drafted new age Dragic in the 2nd round. If he was declaring for the draft this year he would easily be a first round pick. Knicks new FO don’t miss


A scout I speak to recently moved to Europe, he says Rokas is looking good...like really good.


Bring him over NOW!
User avatar
nykfan42
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,811
And1: 2,329
Joined: Mar 18, 2009
Location: long island

Re: Knicks select Rokas Jokubaitis (34th overall) 

Post#180 » by nykfan42 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:03 pm

I like what I see. Nice that he's doing it in the Euro league too.

Image
Make the Knicks great again!

Return to New York Knicks