ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,889

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#321 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

What’s horrifying is I went to the twitter thread and there was a bunch of tweet with a lot of likes saying Rose was wrong and batting average and strikeouts don’t matter. I get the game has changed a lot but idk how your could watch Gallo in a yankee uniform and say this is okay.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#322 » by GEOLINK » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:11 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

What’s horrifying is I went to the twitter thread and there was a bunch of tweet with a lot of likes saying Rose was wrong and batting average and strikeouts don’t matter. I get the game has changed a lot but idk how your could watch Gallo in a yankee uniform and say this is okay.

I think the underrated funny part of Gallo as a Yankee was that they propped his career GIDP numbers being 11 and then when he gets here he doubles that numbers. :lol:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#323 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:54 pm

Anyone else rooting for the braves?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,934

Re: New York Yankees Thread no 

Post#324 » by F N 11 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:17 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Anyone else rooting for the braves?

I didn’t even know baseball is on
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#325 » by ccvle » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:56 pm

[ :nod: quote="KnicksGadfly"]Anyone else rooting for the braves?[/quote]

No one here is following baseball after yankees fans favorite teams, rays and dodgers loss.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#326 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 2:58 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Those posts are by fans that will instinctively try to defend anything and everything negative said about any player on his team regardless of how little sense their arguments are. Gallo looked like the hitting and fielding version of Sonny Gray, Ed Whitson, Kai Igawa, etc. with the Yankees this season. The chances that he'll get righted? IMO slim at best. There are just some players that can't seem to hack it in the spotlight no matter how talented they are and Gallo seems to be one of those. He had that deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes pretty much every time he comes up to bat. If you go back and look at what made the Yankees Dynasty teams do so well is their ability to play in NY and up their intensity when the pressure hits. That's not this team. I don't honestly see anyone on this team that has that same type of competitive fire and ability to handle pressure. Brett Gardner maybe but when Andrew Velasquez is the guy that showed by far the most fire and intensity you are in trouble.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#327 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 2:59 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Anyone else rooting for the braves?

Absolutely. I'll even root for the Mets or the Red Sox if they were playing the Astros.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#328 » by GEOLINK » Thu Nov 4, 2021 11:11 pm

Read on Twitter
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#329 » by moocow007 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:40 pm

Now that the WS is over (congrats Braves!) thinking about the offseason.

With all the talk about the Yanks looking to part ways with Voit and with Rizzo being a free agent I'm thinking maybe the Yanks should pursue Freddie Freeman. The Yankees need leaders, winners, guys that can bring that leadership in the clubhouse to keep this team focused and motivated. It was a key factor for what drove their last dynasty teams and something they've lacked (at least from my POV) ever since. Freeman is exactly that type of player. And he knows how to play baseball.

He might be more expensive than bringing back Rizzo. I've heard $25 million per for Freeman. The Cubs offered Rizzon a 5 year $70 million extension that Rizzo turned down before being traded and that he was looking for 5 years $90 million (or $18 million per). A difference sure but the extra benefits that Freeman can bring may be worth it.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,603

Post#330 » by bishnykfan » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:21 am

moocow007 wrote:Now that the WS is over (congrats Braves!) thinking about the offseason.

With all the talk about the Yanks looking to part ways with Voit and with Rizzo being a free agent I'm thinking maybe the Yanks should pursue Freddie Freeman. The Yankees need leaders, winners, guys that can bring that leadership in the clubhouse to keep this team focused and motivated. It was a key factor for what drove their last dynasty teams and something they've lacked (at least from my POV) ever since. Freeman is exactly that type of player. And he knows how to play baseball.

He might be more expensive than bringing back Rizzo. I've heard $25 million per for Freeman. The Cubs offered Rizzon a 5 year $70 million extension that Rizzo turned down before being traded and that he was looking for 5 years $90 million (or $18 million per). A difference sure but the extra benefits that Freeman can bring may be worth it.

I'm all for trading Voit. Good player but doesn't stay healthy. Get whatever prospect you can get for him and move on. I don't even mind letting Rizzo walk even though I think he provided exactly what the Yankees needed last year. But he is older, injury prone (before his time in NY at least) and only going to regress moving forward. For $18 per for 5 years I'd let him go. I love Freeman. Perfect player for NY. But I would not pursue him either.

I know how you feel about Torres but I'm not going after a 1B this offseason. I want DJ to move permanently to first. Move Torres back to second where he was much better both offensively and defensively last year. He is young enough and talented enough to hold that spot down for the next decade. The Yankees need a real SS and this year there are plenty available. Go after Story, Seager or Correa and complete the infield. When Volpe or Peraza prove they are ready in 2023 or 2024 (if they aren't traded) you should be able to move someone to third to replace Gio. Signing a SS instead of a 1B should be the priority both offensively and defensively in my opinion.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#331 » by moocow007 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:05 am

bishnykfan wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Now that the WS is over (congrats Braves!) thinking about the offseason.

I'm all for trading Voit. Good player but doesn't stay healthy. Get whatever prospect you can get for him and move on. I don't even mind letting Rizzo walk even though I think he provided exactly what the Yankees needed last year. But he is older, injury prone (before his time in NY at least) and only going to regress moving forward. For $18 per for 5 years I'd let him go. I love Freeman. Perfect player for NY. But I would not pursue him either.

I know how you feel about Torres but I'm not going after a 1B this offseason. I want DJ to move permanently to first. Move Torres back to second where he was much better both offensively and defensively last year. He is young enough and talented enough to hold that spot down for the next decade. The Yankees need a real SS and this year there are plenty available. Go after Story, Seager or Correa and complete the infield. When Volpe or Peraza prove they are ready in 2023 or 2024 (if they aren't traded) you should be able to move someone to third to replace Gio. Signing a SS instead of a 1B should be the priority both offensively and defensively in my opinion.

Yeah moving DJ to 1st is definitely an option. And yeah I'm not a biggest fan of Torres (even when he was doing well) and thought that once DJ had the season he had in his MVP caliber 1st year with the Yankees that trading Torres (when his value was elite) for a top tier affordable starter would have been the best option. I said this back then before Torres and his game started trending down.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#332 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:13 am

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

I miss Mo man. I can't keep watching Aroldis smiling every time he gives up a homer in a clutch spot.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#333 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:18 pm

Who you got us signing this off-season? I got Verlander, some undervalued relievers, and then making a trade for some dudes during the mid season. Hopefully we can secure another wildcard playoff spot and most importantly, protect our profits
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:42 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Who you got us signing this off-season? I got Verlander, some undervalued relievers, and then making a trade for some dudes during the mid season. Hopefully we can secure another wildcard playoff spot and most importantly, protect our profits

I think Verlander just makes too much sense for them to not seriously go after him. Not only will it not take a long term contract the potential positive impact on Gerrit Cole can not be understated. Obviously the TJ surgery and age is a concern but if there's one pitcher in that situation I'm least worried about it's Verlander. He's always been incredible shape and his mental toughness and focus is just top tier. I've read 2 years $50 million range being ballpark factoring age and TJ risk (he was coming off 2 year $66 million extension).
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#335 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:43 pm

moocow007 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Who you got us signing this off-season? I got Verlander, some undervalued relievers, and then making a trade for some dudes during the mid season. Hopefully we can secure another wildcard playoff spot and most importantly, protect our profits

I think Verlander just makes too much sense for them to not seriously go after him. Not only will it not take a long term contract the potential positive impact on Gerrit Cole can not be understated. Obviously the TJ surgery and age is a concern but if there's one pitcher in that situation I'm least worried about it's Verlander. He's always been incredible shape and his mental toughness and focus is just top tier. I've read 2 years $50 million range being ballpark factoring age and TJ risk (he was coming off 2 year $66 million extension).

Yah...he makes too much sense. I'd like them to hedge their bets though. If it's just Verlander, that's a bad idea.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#336 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:59 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Yah...he makes too much sense. I'd like them to hedge their bets though. If it's just Verlander, that's a bad idea.

Agreed. I would re-explore trading for the Reds Luis Castillo regardless of what they do with Verlander but being able to plug both guys into the starting rotation for next season would be huge obviously. Castlillo has 2 more years of control with this upcoming season at $7.5 million, has ace caliber stuff (even though this past season was a downer for him) and is 2 years younger than Gerrit Cole. The $ savings will offset the $$$ that they'd likely have to spend for Verlander and (presumably) a big name SS.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,182

Post#337 » by Capn'O » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:05 am

Letting the baseball threads go on the main board until spring XOXO
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#338 » by GEOLINK » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:23 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#339 » by moocow007 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:54 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cash: "Hey Hal...Olson and Marte will help our hitting tremendously but will cost us about $40 million for just next season."
Hal: "Homina, homina...how much!?!?!?"
Cash: "about $40 million for just next season."
Hal: "Jeezus Christ Cash, you think I'm made out of money?!?!"
Cash: "but how else can we improve our offense?"
Hal: "Hmm...how much does a hitting coach cost? Aren't they supposed to help make the offense better??!?"
Cash: "about $200k? but I don't think there's any one hitting coach out there that can help this team..."
Hal: "Then hire 3 of them! And you know what? Throw in another pitching coach as well. I mean heck if I knew they were that cheap we coulda hired a lot more of them instead of trading for the Jocarlo Stantion guy."

Read on Twitter

Translation?

Spoiler:
Yankees free agency signings:

SS - Andrelton Simmons
CF - Brett Gardner (but only if he accepts the vet minimum..."Yankee Discount Brett!!")
SP - Felix Hernandez (Hal pushes to market "The King is Back" as new Yankee slogan for the 2022 season while telling Yankee fans that they have just signed a former Cy Young winner).
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,700

Post#340 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:09 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks