ImageImageImageImageImage

2021 Knicks Offseason-Training Camp News and Videos

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,139

Re: 2021 Knicks Offseason-Training Camp News and Videos 

Post#461 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 4, 2021 4:28 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Here's some OLFT (Obi Lance F*cking Toppin) clips, working on the midrange post ups

*Obi is going to look better this year as well. Not a giant leap, because minutes, but significant.

Haven't you been one of Obi's biggest detractors?

Me? Never. :D

I like to bust on Obi to annoy. I would have drafted Haliburton, but oh well.
I don't think he'll ever be that great, but I think Obi will be a solid backup 4.
Which is fine for the next 4 years, because Randle.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#462 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 4, 2021 4:32 pm

Also, I get the Knicks needed these players based on need/cost etc, but I don't think it's exactly accidental that the Knicks went after Burks, and then Fournier. Again, I get that Burks fit the need of cheap shot creator with some handle/some point skills, with a decent outside shot, and Fournier fits the need for a wing with the same skill set.

But both guys aren't particularly explosive athletically, but use a lot of guile, skill to be good scorers who can facilitate as a secondary/tertiary guy in that role.

Hmm. Who is that young guy on the Knicks who kind of fits that description, whereby his development could be quickened by being able to learn from two guys like that?
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Post#463 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 6:34 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

His handles have improved dramatically!!!!!

The magic is in the work folks!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh Shittt its bout to be killa season for the God son
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#464 » by F N 11 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:00 pm

Best of backcourt on MSG, just had IQ’s game vs Hawks when we couldn’t play Payton on the 4th. Second half come back against Wizards coming up.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#465 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Also, I get the Knicks needed these players based on need/cost etc, but I don't think it's exactly accidental that the Knicks went after Burks, and then Fournier. Again, I get that Burks fit the need of cheap shot creator with some handle/some point skills, with a decent outside shot, and Fournier fits the need for a wing with the same skill set.

But both guys aren't particularly explosive athletically, but use a lot of guile, skill to be good scorers who can facilitate as a secondary/tertiary guy in that role.

Hmm. Who is that young guy on the Knicks who kind of fits that description, whereby his development could be quickened by being able to learn from two guys like that?

That's an easy one....KEVIN KNOX!! :o
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#466 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:09 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Also, I get the Knicks needed these players based on need/cost etc, but I don't think it's exactly accidental that the Knicks went after Burks, and then Fournier. Again, I get that Burks fit the need of cheap shot creator with some handle/some point skills, with a decent outside shot, and Fournier fits the need for a wing with the same skill set.

Thibs has a hot hand roster. Play the hot hands appropriately and you probably add 10 wins to your season. Burks won at least several games with the hot hand last season. Now it can be him, IQ, RJ, Rose, Kemba, Evan, JR. Thibs can loosen up a little and go with the flow more with this kind of roster. If any of the rookies break through ahead of schedule I really think this is a roster that should be handled situationally by match-ups and who is stroking it that night or that quarter.

The three players I see as starters without question are Randle, RJ and Mitch (I don’t care what Berman says about training camp, BS). Kemba is probably the starting PG if healthy.

If RJ grew both in length and girth he might be a SF now and someone else starts at SG.

Since they paid to play Fournier, it is probably inevitable he starts so regardless of my thought process the starting unit is likely

Mitch
Randle
RJ
Fournier
Kemba

Which could in theory be considered a three guard line-up, but that is two big guards so it is maybe just positional semantics at the end of the day
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#467 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:54 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

Thibs has a hot hand roster. Play the hot hands appropriately and you probably add 10 wins to your season. Burks won at least several games with the hot hand last season. Now it can be him, IQ, RJ, Rose, Kemba, Evan, JR. Thibs can loosen up a little and go with the flow more with this kind of roster. If any of the rookies break through ahead of schedule I really think this is a roster that should be handled situationally by match-ups and who is stroking it that night or that quarter.

The three players I see as starters without question are Randle, RJ and Mitch (I don’t care what Berman says about training camp, BS). Kemba is probably the starting PG if healthy.

If RJ grew both in length and girth he might be a SF now and someone else starts at SG.

Since they paid to play Fournier, it is probably inevitable he starts so regardless of my thought process the starting unit is likely

Mitch
Randle
RJ
Fournier
Kemba

Which could in theory be considered a three guard line-up, but that is two big guards so it is maybe just positional semantics at the end of the day

I figure Kemba is the starting PG as well. I sort of talked myself into Rose for a minute, since I thought maybe he'd appear in more games and therefore it was easier to replace Kemba as a bench guy, but I think Thibs will be committed to keeping Rose off the bench for the chemistry with IQ/Obi and the wear and tear. Also, because I think Kemba is healthier than the media is portraying. I mean, will his minutes have to be watched and will he be rested? Sure. But he's still really good and gets the nod at starting PG.

All the rest makes sense in terms of starting.

More to my point was that Fournier and Burks play a way that RJ can copy to continue to level up, especially now that he's sorted the spot up 3.

I think the interesting part of the rotations will be where/when RJ/Fournier sub out and where/when/who they sub in Burks/IQ etc. Especially since the Knicks are potentially height challenged at SF, especially backup SF, since I figure Knox won't really play, at all.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#468 » by F N 11 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 10:02 pm

3:20 Boston and Knicks had better deals for AD? What the hell did we offer?

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#469 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 5, 2021 12:02 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Mitch
Randle
RJ
Fournier
Kemba

I figure Kemba is the starting PG as well. I sort of talked myself into Rose for a minute, since I thought maybe he'd appear in more games and therefore it was easier to replace Kemba as a bench guy, but I think Thibs will be committed to keeping Rose off the bench for the chemistry with IQ/Obi and the wear and tear. Also, because I think Kemba is healthier than the media is portraying. I mean, will his minutes have to be watched and will he be rested? Sure. But he's still really good and gets the nod at starting PG.

All the rest makes sense in terms of starting.

More to my point was that Fournier and Burks play a way that RJ can copy to continue to level up, especially now that he's sorted the spot up 3.

I think the interesting part of the rotations will be where/when RJ/Fournier sub out and where/when/who they sub in Burks/IQ etc. Especially since the Knicks are potentially height challenged at SF, especially backup SF, since I figure Knox won't really play, at all.

It’s true we don’t have an abundance of size at forward. After Randle and Obi we don’t have lots of front court size outside of the Center position. And that is OK for most matchups since fierce defense from the backcourt that is backed up by Mitch/Noel/Taj is usually enough and on offense we’re going to be predominantly an inside/outside offense with only some post-up plays to mix it up.

But we did learn this Summer that anyone under 7 feet is too small to play in the NBA so I guess we’re screwed anyway

P.S. Waiting for McBride to put the clamps on Trae. That will be glorious
ImageImageImage
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,746

Post#470 » by cgf » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:55 pm

I think his name is pronounced "trade bait", IIRC it's some kind of foreign...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#471 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:28 pm

F N 11 wrote:3:20 Boston and Knicks had better deals for AD? What the hell did we offer?

Charles is always entertaining. He's best when he veers off his schtick. I mean, even when doing the schtick, he's pretty honest, but he's even better when he's not leaning into his "persona" as much.

Really good take on the situation.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#472 » by BKlutch » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
F N 11 wrote:3:20 Boston and Knicks had better deals for AD? What the hell did we offer?

Charles is always entertaining. He's best when he veers off his schtick. I mean, even when doing the schtick, he's pretty honest, but he's even better when he's not leaning into his "persona" as much.

I suppose "after Thibs sees this video" he will no longer want Simmons for the Knicks.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#473 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 5, 2021 5:35 pm

BKlutch wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I suppose "after Thibs sees this video" he will no longer want Simmons for the Knicks.

Thibs might still want the Super Sized Elf!
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#474 » by BKlutch » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Thibs might still want the Super Sized Elf!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#475 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Randle was an elite defender last year, well at least in the post.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#476 » by Triple C » Sun Sep 5, 2021 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter

He's soo lean
F N 11
RealGM

Post#477 » by F N 11 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:02 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's soo lean

Sheesh
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#478 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:20 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's soo lean

Really?

He looks better like this. He’s already strong as hell so anything that makes him quicker makes him more effective

Looks in great shape to me

one thing I have no worries about is Randle coasting now that he has been paid. He’s a grinder
ImageImageImage
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#479 » by Handledatruth » Sun Sep 5, 2021 11:55 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's soo lean

Really?

He looks better like this. He’s already strong as hell so anything that makes him quicker makes him more effective

Looks in great shape to me

one thing I have no worries about is Randle coasting now that he has been paid. He’s a grinder

Did he lose more weight? He legit looks like a modern small forward in that video. That’s impressive if he’s still changing his body for the better.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,944

Post#480 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Sep 6, 2021 12:33 am

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's soo lean

MVP!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to New York Knicks