ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Re: Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition 

Post#901 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:01 pm

Polk377 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
NYG wrote:Who is a veteran guy like Derrick Rose that we could get in a similar deal?

Rose was D-Rose for DSJ and a 2nd, right? Is there a Kevin Knox and 2nd for veteran type of deal that makes any sense?

Funny enough in high school Gordon was one half of a dynamic AAU powerhouse alongside none other than D. Rose.....

Gordon is someone I have wanted the Knicks to get for a while. He would be a better Burks in the role Burks is playing now. That contract to match is hefty though with 1 guaranteed year left next season at 19.5 mil. Would have to be more than Knox and a 2nd.

Knox, Burks and a 2nd rounder?
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#902 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

Funny enough in high school Gordon was one half of a dynamic AAU powerhouse alongside none other than D. Rose.....

Gordon is someone I have wanted the Knicks to get for a while. He would be a better Burks in the role Burks is playing now. That contract to match is hefty though with 1 guaranteed year left next season at 19.5 mil. Would have to be more than Knox and a 2nd.

You want two hobbits on the team?
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#903 » by Polk377 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:53 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Who is the other hobbit? Walker? :lol:
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#904 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:59 pm

Polk377 wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

IQ = Sméagol, Gordon = The Hobbit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#905 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:15 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:You want two hobbits on the team?

IQ = Sméagol, Gordon = The Hobbit

:D
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#906 » by WargamesX » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:46 pm

Now they need to get Haliburton.... just putting that into the universe because I would love to see
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#907 » by sol537 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:59 pm

WargamesX wrote:Now they need to get Haliburton.... just putting that into the universe because I would love to see

Randle + IQ for Barnes + Haliburton... They get their small-big 1-2 combo in Fox + Randle...
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,693

Post#908 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:37 am

sol537 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:Now they need to get Haliburton.... just putting that into the universe because I would love to see

Randle + IQ for Barnes + Haliburton... They get their small-big 1-2 combo in Fox + Randle...

I think Randle fits in perfectly there.
Free Palestine
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,436

Post#909 » by robillionaire » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:47 am

Toppin and 2 unprotected 1sts might get it done
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,868

Post#910 » by 8516knicks » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:18 am

robillionaire wrote:

Considering Sac drafted Halliburton and Davion Mitchel, maybe we should just give them a first or two to draft for us instead? :lol:
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#911 » by WargamesX » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 am

8516knicks wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Considering Sac drafted Halliburton and Davion Mitchel, maybe we should just give them a first or two to draft for us instead? :lol:

Idk they took Bagley over Luka Doncic…. They worked out Franz Wagner and was like “Nah let’s stick with Barnes at PF”. They have their issues.

Also Haliburton is in the grand scheme of things a faster version of old man Jason Kidd. I don’t know if that shot holds up under playoff basketball. I think he is an amazing PG in a situation where they need a better 2nd option to Fox.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#912 » by Richard4444 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:48 am

8516knicks wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

They drafted Bagley instead of Doncic, Trae, JJJ and Ayton. Do you really want to take that chance?
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,868

Post#913 » by 8516knicks » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:24 am

Richard4444 wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

They drafted Bagley instead of Doncic, Trae, JJJ and Ayton. Do you really want to take that chance?

But we drafted Knox and Frank. PIck ur poison! :lol: 8-) :wink:
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#914 » by Nyk4lyfe » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:52 am

Kemba for a 2nd rd pick
Toppin + Noel + 2 2nds for Myles Turner
Mitch + Fournier + McBride + 2022 Knicks 1st + 2023 Dallas 1st for FVV

Fred Van Vleet
Alec Burks
RJ Barrett
Julius Randle
Myles Turner

Derrick Rose
Immanuel Quickly
Quentin Grimes
Cam Reddish
Taj Gibson

Almost everyone on this roster can defend and shoot
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#915 » by SuperflyKnick » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:01 am

Nyk4lyfe wrote:Kemba for a 2nd rd pick

Fred Van Vleet
Alec Burks
RJ Barrett
Julius Randle
Myles Turner

Derrick Rose
Immanuel Quickly
Quentin Grimes
Cam Reddish
Taj Gibson

You traded Mitch+Fournier+Mcbride+ 2 1st Pks for FVV :o
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#916 » by Nyk4lyfe » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:05 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:
Nyk4lyfe wrote:Kemba for a 2nd rd pick

Fred Van Vleet
Alec Burks
RJ Barrett
Julius Randle
Myles Turner

Derrick Rose
Immanuel Quickly
Quentin Grimes
Cam Reddish
Taj Gibson

You traded Mitch+Fournier+Mcbride+ 2 1st Pks for FVV :o

FVV is an All-Star this year (and one of the best guards in the east IMO) and fits perfectly with this team. His contract is also very reasonable and well-controlled

Mitch is about to expire and get PAID which lowers his value, in fact we probably lose him either way this offseason. Fournier is such a negative contract, that you're giving one of the firsts just to get rid of him. The other 1st is probably mid to late 1st either way. McBride is the only one that hurts here and even then, he's a 2nd rd pick who barely plays.

In fact, if you post this in Raptors thread, they will likely pass
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#917 » by Polk377 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:32 pm

I think no one should get attached to these picks in the next couple of years. Knicks already have a young roster with half the team being under 25. I expect their pick this year and Dallas pick next year will be traded by the deadline to get a PG.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,654

Post#918 » by Buttah304 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:35 pm

Just wanna mention something about DeAaron Fox because it’s becoming clear that he’s a polarizing player. I think a lot of that stems from the fact that he simply hasn’t been a winner in this league and when he’s putting up 24-6-4 you don’t really know if he’s actually making a legitimate on-court impact. Then again Sacramento has always been a dumpster fire so it becomes even more difficult to truly evaluate a player without bias.

By no means am I advocating going after him, it’s just when we think of who might be attainable he checks a lot of the boxes. 24 years old. Got his big contract. Player behind him in Halliburton is starting to get a bigger role/being handed the keys (ALA Cavs going with Garland over the failed Sexton experiment).

Having said that, whenever people talk about Fox they immediately point to the fact that he’s not really efficient (personally I get on him ALL the damn time about this). But just for the sake of a conversation I wanna break down his numbers a little more and find out WHY he’s not as efficient as he can or should be.

Fox this year is in the top 14 of all players when it comes to attempts from 5-9 feet. Within that group he’s the 2nd most efficient guard behind Morant as Fox is shooting 44.4%. When you look at 10-14 feet (closer to the mid range category) he’s Top 12, but from a guard standpoint he’s the 4th most efficient at 43% behind Murray, Booker and DeRozan. Even as you move to 15-19 feet, he’s Top 16 shooting 46%, which would make him the 5th most efficient guard. Take into account that league average is right around 38% for the mid range shot, Fox is legitimately excellent in that category.

Everyone talks about how the biggest difference in Randle from last year to this season was his bread and butter jumper. Last year Randle took 412 mid range shots and shot 41.5% FG. Fox has already taken 136 and he’s shooting 45%.

Now lets switch to a zone category, for example the restricted area. Fox was in the top 23 in attempts and shot 68.9% FG. Keep in mind the difference from Fox to LaVine who was #1 in RA attempts was only .9 as most of these players took 6-7 shots in this area. Having said that, statistically speaking Fox was the most efficient guard in the NBA scoring in the restricted area last year. You might be surprised to see how a lot of other premiere guards were in the high 50s and low 60s.

So where does it ALL go wrong for Fox.

He is a DREADFUL long range shooter. I mean it’s just ugly and this truly impacts his TS% in a bad way. This season from 20-24 feet (60 attempts) he’s shooting 30.5% and from 25-29 feet he’s at 26% (100 attempts).

Again, this isn't about trade for him at all costs or to stay away, it’s just that when people throw out generalizations about him being inefficient they aren’t telling the whole story. Absolutely lethal as a finisher. Excellent mid range shooter in multiple areas on the floor but a horrific long range player.

Even if the Knicks could obtain him because after all he is only 24 and most likely wants out, knowing what I broke down (how and where he scores) can he even be effective on this team if you didn’t have to give up RJ? For example - if the assets given up were closer to Obi + 2 Unprotected 1sts. Or the more likely deal, Obi and IQ + 2 Firsts to pair him with RJ can it even work.

Long winded but I figured it’s worth a read if you like analytics.
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#919 » by WargamesX » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:16 pm

Buttah304 wrote:Just wanna mention something about DeAaron Fox because it’s becoming clear that he’s a polarizing player. I think a lot of that stems from the fact that he simply hasn’t been a winner in this league and when he’s putting up 24-6-4 you don’t really know if he’s actually making a legitimate on-court impact. Then again Sacramento has always been a dumpster fire so it becomes even more difficult to truly evaluate a player without bias.

By no means am I advocating going after him, it’s just when we think of who might be attainable he checks a lot of the boxes. 24 years old. Got his big contract. Player behind him in Halliburton is starting to get a bigger role/being handed the keys (ALA Cavs going with Garland over the failed Sexton experiment).

Having said that, whenever people talk about Fox they immediately point to the fact that he’s not really efficient (personally I get on him ALL the damn time about this). But just for the sake of a conversation I wanna break down his numbers a little more and find out WHY he’s not as efficient as he can or should be.

Fox this year is in the top 14 of all players when it comes to attempts from 5-9 feet. Within that group he’s the 2nd most efficient guard behind Morant as Fox is shooting 44.4%. When you look at 10-14 feet (closer to the mid range category) he’s Top 12, but from a guard standpoint he’s the 4th most efficient at 43% behind Murray, Booker and DeRozan. Even as you move to 15-19 feet, he’s Top 16 shooting 46%, which would make him the 5th most efficient guard. Take into account that league average is right around 38% for the mid range shot, Fox is legitimately excellent in that category.

Everyone talks about how the biggest difference in Randle from last year to this season was his bread and butter jumper. Last year Randle took 412 mid range shots and shot 41.5% FG. Fox has already taken 136 and he’s shooting 45%.

Now lets switch to a zone category, for example the restricted area. Fox was in the top 23 in attempts and shot 68.9% FG. Keep in mind the difference from Fox to LaVine who was #1 in RA attempts was only .9 as most of these players took 6-7 shots in this area. Having said that, statistically speaking Fox was the most efficient guard in the NBA scoring in the restricted area last year. You might be surprised to see how a lot of other premiere guards were in the high 50s and low 60s.

So where does it ALL go wrong for Fox.

He is a DREADFUL long range shooter. I mean it’s just ugly and this truly impacts his TS% in a bad way. This season from 20-24 feet (60 attempts) he’s shooting 30.5% and from 25-29 feet he’s at 26% (100 attempts).

Again, this isn't about trade for him at all costs or to stay away, it’s just that when people throw out generalizations about him being inefficient they aren’t telling the whole story. Absolutely lethal as a finisher. Excellent mid range shooter in multiple areas on the floor but a horrific long range player.

Even if the Knicks could obtain him because after all he is only 24 and most likely wants out, knowing what I broke down (how and where he scores) can he even be effective on this team if you didn’t have to give up RJ? For example - if the assets given up were closer to Obi + 2 Unprotected 1sts. Or the more likely deal, Obi and IQ + 2 Firsts to pair him with RJ can it even work.

Long winded but I figured it’s worth a read if you like analytics.

I believe it. Fox is a top 5 pg under the age of 25. I only have Luka, Ja, Lamelo, and SGA above him. He’s an engine player while Haliburton is a PG you give the keys of a team too. It gets more complicated because the Kings then added a scrappy defender PG in Davion. All three are are radically different approaches to the PG position. I don’t think Fox works with the Knicks. Then again without a 3 pt shot I can’t think of a team he does work on. If he could raise his outside shot above the 30% (or closer to it) he’s actually one of the scariest PG’s in the league. That’s the main issue the Kings have right now. Haliburton can make his team mates better (which helps because their lacking a plan so their players don’t make sense together). However Fox is the better player in a vacuum and between the two the one much more likely to become a star if he figures out that three point shot.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#920 » by Jay10 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:57 pm

I can see the Knicks trading Alec Burks for Coby White + ?.

Return to New York Knicks