ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Re: Offseason Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread Take 2 

Post#21 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:04 am

Capn'O wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Is this an actual rumor or something we're getting worked up about based on something somebody here said?

Started with a caller to KFTV named Craig or some shyt. He allegedly broke the Lowry deal or some shyt. :lol: Said Knicks were getting Myles Turner mid week. Deal was done. Mitch was in the deal. Didn't make sense financially but...the board ran with it. Mostly joking at this point.

So like a new Carl only I can't ban him.

You can ban him. I think he posts here under the name buzzardman. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#22 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:27 am

BKlutch wrote:
makeitstop wrote:We got 2 second round picks in the Fournier deal? Nice.

And which one of y'all broke the site?

Yes, nice.

Howard Mass posted in the Global Announcements today that NYK Mentality, signing in from Russia, found or guessed a Mod account password and messed with the site, but didn't really hack it. He has been banned for another 2 weeks for this, but Howard thought it was a little too harsh to keep him banned after the start of the upcoming season. Seems like a good deal to me.

I hear the new security measure was upgrading the mod's password from BenSimmonsSucks to BenSimmonsREALLYSucksLOLSixers
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#23 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:28 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks trade Mitch yet?

Is this an actual rumor or something we're getting worked up about based on something somebody here said?

Started with a caller to KFTV named Craig or some shyt. He allegedly broke the Lowry deal or some shyt. :lol: Said Knicks were getting Myles Turner mid week. Deal was done. Mitch was in the deal. Didn't make sense financially but...the board ran with it. Mostly joking at this point.

If you build it he will come. thebuzzardman literally spoke the KP trade into existence. I have faith his new prophecy will be realized tomorrow.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,383

Post#24 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:36 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

So like a new Carl only I can't ban him.

You can ban him. I think he posts here under the name buzzardman. :lol:

:lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#25 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:37 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

If you build it he will come. thebuzzardman literally spoke the KP trade into existence. I have faith his new prophecy will be realized tomorrow.

I just need Frank to sign with the Mavs dammit!
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#26 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:44 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I just need Frank to sign with the Mavs dammit!

I believe its a bidding war with the Jazz.

Obviously the salary will be the minimum. But there are other factors in play.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#27 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:00 pm

makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#28 » by makeitstop » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:08 pm

I was driving to a gig in Bayside last night and I'm pretty sure I saw Kemba on the LIE.

I'm into cars, and I saw a white Bentley convertible coming up behind me. When the car got next to me I looked over and did a double take - if the dude driving wasn't Kemba, it was his twin.

The Bentley passed me, and I tried catching up but got stuck behind a row of cars and had to jump on to the Clearview before I got caught up.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Post#29 » by dukeknicksirish » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Minnesota - Philly rumor-ville (Minnesota beat writer) said :

D-Lo, Beasley, 2 1sts for Simmons & Curry

This doesn't seem to be the "splash" of all star level talent returned that they were thinking if true

Minnesota : Edwards, Curry, Simmons, McDaniels, KAT

Philly : DLo , Beasley, Thybulle, Harris, Embiid
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#30 » by Jimmit79 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:57 pm

dukeknicksirish wrote:Minnesota - Philly rumor-ville (Minnesota beat writer) said :

This doesn't seem to be the "splash" of all star level talent returned that they were thinking if true

With the way simmons has behaving unprofessional he deserves minnesota go rot there until you learn some humility.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,306

Post#31 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:06 pm

dukeknicksirish wrote:Minnesota - Philly rumor-ville (Minnesota beat writer) said :

76ers would be a play in team with that lineup!!!!

They’re better off just keeping Ben!!!
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,377
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#32 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:47 pm

Does Philly really think Ben is worth a huge haul of picks and players, or are they just trying to boost his trade value by asking for so much? If he continues to cut off his teammates, he's not worth much to Philly right now.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,624

Post#33 » by Knick4Real » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:34 pm

I hope Philly is stuck keeping Simmons because they asked for too much. The fireworks on that first day back in the locker room are gonna be like a suspense movie. :lol:

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#34 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:47 pm

Knick4Real wrote:I hope Philly is stuck keeping Simmons because they asked for too much. The fireworks on that first day back in the locker room are gonna be like a suspense movie. :lol:

Absolutely. Oh, there will be a press release saying they patched things up, but you know they're all feeling butt hurt, and Simmons is, well, kind of mentally impaired.

Another possibility is that Philly is asking for the moon in trade for Simmons because this way, nobody will trade for him, and also, it tells Ben "We think you're great." They MUST know that nobody is going to offer a mega deal for Ben when they can't tell if he's going to play or have the yips forever.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#35 » by moocow007 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:00 pm

sol537 wrote:Looks like the Knicks may be buyers at the trade deadline or next off-season when, inevitably, one of the big fish asks for a trade. Hopefully someone like D. Mitchell (or Beal?) becomes available out of Utah. IQ + Obi + Knox + load of picks + one of the recently signed vets (ie Burks). IQ and Obi have to keep showing that they can become solid starters as they mature.

I would not be surprised for sure if they were. I mean let's be honest, they didn't bring in this front office and this head coach to grind a long term rebuild. They brought these guys in to figure out a way to build a winner quickly. Just because it has failed in the past doesn't mean it can't work. You need the right people. The Knicks have clearly had the wrong people the past 20+ years.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#36 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:04 pm

moocow007 wrote:
sol537 wrote:Looks like the Knicks may be buyers at the trade deadline or next off-season when, inevitably, one of the big fish asks for a trade. Hopefully someone like D. Mitchell (or Beal?) becomes available out of Utah. IQ + Obi + Knox + load of picks + one of the recently signed vets (ie Burks). IQ and Obi have to keep showing that they can become solid starters as they mature.

I would not be surprised for sure if they were. I mean let's be honest, they didn't bring in this front office and this head coach to grind a long term rebuild. They brought these guys in to figure out a way to build a winner quickly. Just because it has failed in the past doesn't mean it can't work. You need the right people. The Knicks have clearly had the wrong people the past 20+ years.

This may be the best part of the offseason.

Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#37 » by Dave DaButcher » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Daily reminder that anyone who puts RJ into trade ideas should have their Knick fandom card revoked immediately.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#38 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:09 pm

I can't for the life of me understand why Indiana isn't all over Simmons. They've had the same team for damn near 3-4 years and have I think only 1 playoff win to show for it and actually regressed last year. They have pieces that I think would make Morey at least interested (Brogdon + Warren/LeVert) and would help alleviate Phily's late game shot creation issues. Since Indiana is anti tanking, this seems like a prime opportunity to get a somewhat young high talented player in there and boost him up , since they seem averse to tanking for one.

It might not seem like the sexiest trade Philly could make, but I think Brogdon and Warren or Levert make them instant title contenders in the East and shouldn't hamper their ability to get a real star in there going forward if they can grab some picks off of the Pacers as well.

The shooting of a lineup consisting of:

Brogdon
Curry
Green
Harris
Embiid

would be a nightmare for other teams to deal with and provides a nice defensive balance as well.

Pacers could pair Simmons with Sabonis and Turner. Two guys who can at least somewhat stretch the floor from the big man spots and let Simmons do his thing inside. Also him and Turner should form a nice dynamic defensive duo going forward. They also have Lamb, Duarte and whoever is left of LeVert or Warren after the trade to help alleviate the shot creation and spacing issues that come with playing Ben down the stretch. This is about as ideal of a situation as you can get around Ben realistically IMO.

Thoughts?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,046

Post#39 » by DaGawd » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:11 am

Simmons is a bad fit in Indiana to me… he absolutely needs to play the 4 or 5 for some team. And Sabonis and Turner already kinda don’t fit together naturally
BaF
Washington Wizards
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,917

Post#40 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:39 am

Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Daily reminder that anyone who puts RJ into trade ideas should have their Knick fandom card revoked immediately.

RJ showcasing that new Canadian Olympic form

Return to New York Knicks