ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Official COVID/Omicron Variant+ thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jethrobodine123
Junior
And1: 464

Re: OT: The Official COVID/Omicron Variant+ thread 

Post#1541 » by Jethrobodine123 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:40 pm

January 6 committee wants to ask McCarthy about Trump's state of mind during and after riot

Getting more and more interesting.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics/kevin-mccarthy-january-6/index.html

J
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,326

Post#1542 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:05 pm

Jethrobodine123 wrote:January 6 committee wants to ask McCarthy about Trump's state of mind during and after riot

J

GOP Congressmen are on deck now. Gym Jordan is facing the possibility of being referred to the DOJ for arrest if he doesn’t cooperate.

Matt Gaetz indictments coming soon too.

In related news, Trump’s lawyers are arguing with judges that Trump should have “absolute immunity” from any consequences for his actions while POTUS. These comic book villains really are something.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,710

Post#1543 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Jethrobodine123 wrote:January 6 committee wants to ask McCarthy about Trump's state of mind during and after riot

J

GOP Congressmen are on deck now. Gym Jordan is facing the possibility of being referred to the DOJ for arrest if he doesn’t cooperate.

In related news, Trump’s lawyers are arguing with judges that Trump should have “absolute immunity” from any consequences for his actions while POTUS. These comic book villains really are something.

It appears that the Republican congresspersons the Committee wants testimony from are not going to cooperate and force the House to go to court to enforce them. If the parties to the motion draw a Trump-confirmed judge - like Steve Bannon drew - then the judge will just set the hearing for the end of July 2022. Then went that date approaches, they'll go on an extended vacation and continue the hearing until after the November election. Trump is going to run out the clock. So, we'll have got nothing done in two years. Yay bipartisanship! It's like he cares more about decorum than getting shyt done. Very frustrating. At this rate, we're going to get killed in November.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1544 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:29 pm

Yep, free stuff. Come at me. :D

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1545 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

J

It appears that the Republican congresspersons the Committee wants testimony from are not going to cooperate and force the House to go to court to enforce them. If the parties to the motion draw a Trump-confirmed judge - like Steve Bannon drew - then the judge will just set the hearing for the end of July 2022. Then went that date approaches, they'll go on an extended vacation and continue the hearing until after the November election. Trump is going to run out the clock. So, we'll have got nothing done in two years. Yay bipartisanship! It's like he cares more about decorum than getting shyt done. Very frustrating. At this rate, we're going to get killed in November.

ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1546 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Yep, free stuff. Come at me. :D

Read on Twitter
?s=20

They should do this
ImageImageImage
Jethrobodine123
Junior

Post#1547 » by Jethrobodine123 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:45 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

When one looks at the history of the midterms it does not look for the Dems. They have to hope for Omicron to flame out before the the summer and if no other variant arrives to replace it, things may, just may, look and feel more normal, which would be such a huge factor.

Firstly though, they have to get a voting rights bill passed, it's getting very late in the game, they need to get it done quickly so they can reverse a lot of nefarious, stuff being passed by the State Republicans in so many States.

It's fascinating to watch what's going on, as an outside observer, but quick scary, to be honest. So much is counting on it, not only for your democracy but for many others around the Planet.

J
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1548 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:48 am

Jethrobodine123 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

When one looks at the history of the midterms it does not look for the Dems. They have to hope for Omicron to flame out before the the summer and if no other variant arrives to replace it, things may, just may, look and feel more normal, which would be such a huge factor.

Firstly though, they have to get a voting rights bill passed, it's getting very late in the game, they need to get it done quickly so they can reverse a lot of nefarious, stuff being passed by the State Republicans in so many States.

It's fascinating to watch what's going on, as an outside observer, but quick scary, to be honest. So much is counting on it, not only for your democracy but for many others around the Planet.

J

You forget that the economic recovery act actually worked and this has been a relatively fast economic rebound
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1549 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:20 am

Just saying … 8-) what’s that saying about “An ounce of prevention …”?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2022/01/11/study-finds-cannabis-compounds-prevent-infection-by-covid-19-virus/amp/

Study Finds Cannabis Compounds Prevent Infection By Covid-19 Virus

Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products.

The researchers found that two cannabinoid acids commonly found in hemp varietals of cannabis, cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, also known as CBDA, can bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. By binding to the spike protein, the compounds can prevent the virus from entering cells and causing infection, potentially offering new avenues to prevent and treat the disease.

-more-
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#1550 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Just saying … 8-) what’s that saying about “An ounce of prevention …”?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2022/01/11/study-finds-cannabis-compounds-prevent-infection-by-covid-19-virus/amp/

Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products.

The researchers found that two cannabinoid acids commonly found in hemp varietals of cannabis, cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, also known as CBDA, can bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. By binding to the spike protein, the compounds can prevent the virus from entering cells and causing infection, potentially offering new avenues to prevent and treat the disease.

-more-

I read a similar article in 2020 that said something similar. That it blocked the viral receptors by like 70% or something like that. I smoke daily. Not a lot but...I pack a couple of bowls a day. I smoked a joint with my friend last Monday. The next day he calls me...sick... tested positive. I was in panic mode because my mother just had a heart attack that day. I waited 3 days and tested negative.

We were hanging out for a couple of hours shooting darts and then we smoked. I didn't get sick. He must have already been sick. Just crazy how that happens.

This article and the one I read may be on to something.

Puff puff pass bytches!
:beer: RIP mags
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,372

Post#1551 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:05 pm

2600 deaths yesterday, record hospitalizations and ICU approaching record numbers, it's starting to get really ugly out here.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1552 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:21 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:2600 deaths yesterday, record hospitalizations and ICU approaching record numbers, it's starting to get really ugly out here.

Sucks. I can report zero behaviorial changes in public spaces in FL

I'm sitting outside at my cafe. Won't even hang inside unless it is relatively empty

Group of 75 year guys sitting a few tables over are chortling over how stupid someone would have to be to vote for a Democrat. They'll vote for the covid enabler DeSantis again
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1553 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:23 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Just saying … 8-) what’s that saying about “An ounce of prevention …”?

-more-

I read a similar article in 2020 that said something similar. That it blocked the viral receptors by like 70% or something like that. I smoke daily. Not a lot but...I pack a couple of bowls a day. I smoked a joint with my friend last Monday. The next day he calls me...sick... tested positive. I was in panic mode because my mother just had a heart attack that day. I waited 3 days and tested negative.

We were hanging out for a couple of hours shooting darts and then we smoked. I didn't get sick. He must have already been sick. Just crazy how that happens.

This article and the one I read may be on to something.

Puff puff pass bytches!

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she’s on the mend.
Free Palestine
Jethrobodine123
Junior

Post#1554 » by Jethrobodine123 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:08 pm

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/new-data-shows-omicron-was-in-nova-scotia-wastewater-in-november-1.6303962

New data shows Omicron was in Nova Scotia wastewater in November

A research team at Dalhousie University started detecting Omicron in Nova Scotia wastewater weeks before the COVID-19 variant was officially confirmed in the province.

The virus survives longer in the gastrointestinal tract than in the respiratory tract, the university said last year, which means genetic material can be found in human wastewater even though COVID-19 is a respiratory illness.

J
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1555 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:25 am

Jethrobodine123 wrote:https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/new-data-shows-omicron-was-in-nova-scotia-wastewater-in-november-1.6303962

A research team at Dalhousie University started detecting Omicron in Nova Scotia wastewater weeks before the COVID-19 variant was officially confirmed in the province.

The virus survives longer in the gastrointestinal tract than in the respiratory tract, the university said last year, which means genetic material can be found in human wastewater even though COVID-19 is a respiratory illness.

J

So we need to test our own feces?

Did you see Sinema’s floor speech on the filibuster? I read that she was a mess.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1556 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 am

Jethrobodine123 wrote:https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/new-data-shows-omicron-was-in-nova-scotia-wastewater-in-november-1.6303962

J

I mentioned it earlier in this thread. Feces are a concentrated source of covid. Mask up in public rest rooms folks
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1557 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 am

Read on Twitter

“Seditious Conspiracy”

You know where this is heading
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1558 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:02 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Did you see Sinema’s floor speech on the filibuster? I read that she was a mess.

Read on Twitter

I can’t stand this creep

I hope she gets primaried and loses

She has one of the lowest approval ratings possible in AZ. The Dems there hate her and regret voting for her
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1559 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:52 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Read on Twitter

“Seditious Conspiracy”

You know where this is heading

Of course. The OK had its members ready on outskirts of DC to back up the insurrectionists and after they took over. They had a very large cache of weapons and ammo at the ready. Just watched the story on Hayes’s show.
Free Palestine
Jethrobodine123
Junior

Post#1560 » by Jethrobodine123 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:55 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

J

So we need to test our own feces?

Did you see Sinema’s floor speech on the filibuster? I read that she was a mess.

What's the deal with her and Manchin? Has anybody figured them out. Quite a few theories as to why they're not playing ball and none of them good. Just friggin amazing how a couple of individuals can get in the way of so much good for the nation. Unconscionable really.

J

Return to New York Knicks