ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The Official COVID/Omicron Variant+ thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Re: OT: The Official COVID/Delta Variant+ thread 

Post#421 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:26 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
When I had the flu in 2019 I went to a little walk-in rapid md down the block from my parents where I lived at the time. We all went together because we all got sick with whatever bug that was. It was classified as the flu by the doc we saw there. As far as the childhood vaccines… I have those all because you have no choice but to take them to attend school. I’ll probably be doing the same to my soon born daughter and future kids so they can attend school also. But now as an adult I have a choice. I just really don’t feel obligated to take this Covid vaccine at this time.

FYI DaGawd I’ve never gotten a flu shot in my life. I might start, especially if it becomes an annual cocktail with covid updates.

It could be my constitution, but I have not had a cold or the flu in 30 years or so. I don’t take it for granted, but it also contrasts sharply with how I regarded covid. I got my vaccination immediately upon availability, because covid is unpredictable and if things go badly you’re very easy damaged for life or even six feet under. I never felt that way about the flu and went about my business my whole life without get a shot. Just sharing this because I really do believe anyone who does not have any medical complications preventing them should take their covid shots

you've been very fortunately with your health, clyde. may it long continue. i wish you both (and everyone around you) nothing but the best of health.

and if i can be an honest, trustworthy information resource to anyone in the community, i will.

Thank you and I believe you will. I do hope some reading this thread gained fresh insights or info to help them with their decisions. It is a virus and there is science and essentials facts if anyone wants to avail themselves of them
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#422 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:32 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Me personally I’ve never taken a flu shot in my 30 years of living and luckily by the Grace of the man above I don’t really get sick with any thing too often. Coincidently actually last time I really got sick with the flu was late October 2019. Right before the pandemic really took off

just curious, were you diagnosed with flu at a medical place or did you get very sick and assume due to your understanding of the symptoms?

i only ask because i got flu once, and it was before my first flu vaccine. i don't know what strain i got, but my doctor told me i had influenza. it is by far the sickest i have ever been. i was down BAD for a week and legit thought i might die. i used to get bad colds and bronchitis and **** regularly. some of those were worse than others and i thought the bad ones might have been flu.

nah, bruh. that **** hit DIFFERENT. of course that impacted my decision to always get a flu shot early and hope i never catch some uncovered strain.

sounds like you are averse to all kinds of vaccines. i completely get people's apprehension and concern about COVID-19 vaccines given they were developed very quickly in a global emergency situation. what do you think about childhood vaccines like the ones kids get against MMR, polio, etc. for school? just curious. are you against that kind of immunization as well?

When I had the flu in 2019 I went to a little walk-in rapid md down the block from my parents where I lived at the time. We all went together because we all got sick with whatever bug that was. It was classified as the flu by the doc we saw there. As far as the childhood vaccines… I have those all because you have no choice but to take them to attend school. I’ll probably be doing the same to my soon born daughter and future kids so they can attend school also. But now as an adult I have a choice. I just really don’t feel obligated to take this Covid vaccine at this time.

Do you live in an apartment/condo type residence or in a crowded city neighborhood? Are you just going with the mask? What about work? Is it requiring you to take any measures?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#423 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:09 pm

We may have to merge the "Karens" thread with the COVID thread. Watch this shyt. The fists were flying at the school board meeting.

POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#424 » by Capn'O » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:25 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
dukeknicksirish wrote:
I don’t .

Interesting. Have you heard that Moderna is looking to bundle the two vaccines: Flu and Covid boosters. Their stock actually jumped.

ironically, this is where i always seen this going. the flu shots we already take are composites of immunizations against multiple strains. they are updated as quickly as possible to include new strains as they are identified. so i figured it would only be a matter of time before someone figured out how to address COVID-19 similarly.

not to make this an investment convo, but moderna's stock is rising because they are doing a bang up job of innovating in this space and people believe they'll stay out front. we all got pfizer in our house because that was available first in our area, but we picked up moderna stock a while back and wish we'd gotten more.

It only makes sense that they'd bundle if it's medically feasible.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#425 » by Capn'O » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:29 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Interesting. Have you heard that Moderna is looking to bundle the two vaccines: Flu and Covid boosters. Their stock actually jumped.

Me personally I’ve never taken a flu shot in my 30 years of living and luckily by the Grace of the man above I don’t really get sick with any thing too often. Coincidently actually last time I really got sick with the flu was late October 2019. Right before the pandemic really took off

just curious, were you diagnosed with flu at a medical place or did you get very sick and assume due to your understanding of the symptoms?

i only ask because i got flu once, and it was before my first flu vaccine. i don't know what strain i got, but my doctor told me i had influenza. it is by far the sickest i have ever been. i was down BAD for a week and legit thought i might die. i used to get bad colds and bronchitis and **** regularly. some of those were worse than others and i thought the bad ones might have been flu.

nah, bruh. that **** hit DIFFERENT. of course that impacted my decision to always get a flu shot early and hope i never catch some uncovered strain.

sounds like you are averse to all kinds of vaccines. i completely get people's apprehension and concern about COVID-19 vaccines given they were developed very quickly in a global emergency situation. what do you think about childhood vaccines like the ones kids get against MMR, polio, etc. for school? just curious. are you against that kind of immunization as well?

I got a crazy "flu" in December of 2019 that I'm pretty sure was covid. My daughter's preschool classmate's dad was very sick with a "weird pneumonia" just before that and then my daughter got a little sick, then me. Basically what covid has done. The kids get a little something and adults get wrecked. It was like nothing I'd had before and I had the flu shot.

I get colds all the freaking time. They used to go bronchial and I've finally figured out how to stop that. It could be scary though. Especially trying to sleep and waking up choking.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#426 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
POSTING POLICIES:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#427 » by DaGawd » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Do you live in an apartment/condo type residence or in a crowded city neighborhood? Are you just going with the mask? What about work? Is it requiring you to take any measures?

No I lived in a private residence in Queens. Atm I live in apartment in Queens. I always mask up in public indoor settings nowadays. I work for transit where the vax or weekly testing mandate is currently on hold for the time being. I expect it to become rule eventually tho and my plan is to partake in the weekly testing once it does at this time
BaF
Washington Wizards
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#428 » by DaGawd » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:37 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
DaGawd wrote:.

congratulations on your daughter on the way. i felt that joyful news deserves its own response.

Appreciate it bro. She should be here any day now. Due date is September 28 but last doctor visit they told my wife they don’t expect her to stay in the full 3 weeks by the looks of it
BaF
Washington Wizards
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#429 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:49 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:We may have to merge the "Karens" thread with the COVID thread. Watch this shyt. The fists were flying at the school board meeting.

a quarter million infections among kids just last week? WTF is going on with this damn stupid country? Now it's going to spread like wildfire as their anti-masky parents have to tend to their sick children. Messhugah Ass MFs
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#430 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:53 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Me personally I’ve never taken a flu shot in my 30 years of living and luckily by the Grace of the man above I don’t really get sick with any thing too often. Coincidently actually last time I really got sick with the flu was late October 2019. Right before the pandemic really took off

I got a crazy "flu" in December of 2019 that I'm pretty sure was covid. My daughter's preschool classmate's dad was very sick with a "weird pneumonia" just before that and then my daughter got a little sick, then me. Basically what covid has done. The kids get a little something and adults get wrecked. It was like nothing I'd had before and I had the flu shot.

I get colds all the freaking time. They used to go bronchial and I've finally figured out how to stop that. It could be scary though. Especially trying to sleep and waking up choking.

Cap, this is what I take whenever I feel sketchy and as I said I have not been sick for decades

Oregacillin
Pycogenol
Quercetin
Vitamin C

Knocks out everything immediately if you're vigilant and take it as soon as you feel anything scratching your throat or bronchial passages

Oregacillin is highly anti-viral and should be in your medicine chest for covid prevention as well
ImageImageImage
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,677

Post#431 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:09 am

DaGawd wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
DaGawd wrote:.

congratulations on your daughter on the way. i felt that joyful news deserves its own response.

Appreciate it bro. She should be here any day now. Due date is September 28 but last doctor visit they told my wife they don’t expect her to stay in the full 3 weeks by the looks of it

love it, man! happy for y'all. congrats again.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#432 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 am

good luck tomorrow for everyone on the first day back to school

lets hope its a safe and wonderful year!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#433 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 am

DaGawd wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

No I lived in a private residence in Queens. Atm I live in apartment in Queens. I always mask up in public indoor settings nowadays. I work for transit where the vax or weekly testing mandate is currently on hold for the time being. I expect it to become rule eventually tho and my plan is to partake in the weekly testing once it does at this time

Okay, man. I hope you change your mind and vax up. In the meantime, please be safe and well. Congratulations on the soon-to-be new addition to the fam.
POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#434 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:22 am

Gorilla Monsoon wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I wish I could it was just Tennessee being Tennessee. But here on Long Island, the not so great Town of Massapequa (MAGAt city), the school district has decided, in its infinite wisdom, that they should lawyer up and file a lawsuit up in Albany challenging NY State’s school mask mandate. I believe the Valley Steam school district also joined in it. Stupid people.

Deal with it. My body, my choice. My kid's body? Still my choice. Certainly not yours. You don't like it... move to the Bronx or San Fransisco, or some other liberal hell hole.

Certified perverts like yourself, Joe Biden and Andrew Cuomo want to force me and my kids to wear masks and to take an injection manufactured and rushed to the market by a small handful of corrupt and dangerous big pharma companies who have zero liability, and then poke fun at conservatives for not "trusting science". You'd eat a sh*t sandwich if Dr. Fauci told you it was a delicious burger.

And before you call me a MAGAtard... f*ck Donald Trump. He put us in this mess. He's just another cog in the wheel. The left/right paradigm is for dullards. We're all under attack here.

POSTING POLICIES:
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#435 » by Zenzibar » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 am

DaGawd wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
dukeknicksirish wrote:
I don’t .

Me personally I’ve never taken a flu shot in my 30 years of living and luckily by the Grace of the man above I don’t really get sick with any thing too often. Coincidently actually last time I really got sick with the flu was late October 2019. Right before the pandemic really took off

You ever wondered if you caught covid and have had the anti-bodies in you all along?
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#436 » by Zenzibar » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:37 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
the beautiful thing about vaccines is... they do both!

people don't get or spread polio in the united states anymore. because vaccines.

endemic measles was statistically eliminated in the united states in 2000. at that point it could only take hold again from travelers bringing it into the country and infecting unvaccinated individuals who spread to other unvaccinated individuals.

vaccines: keeping americans alive and free to reject vaccines since...

you'd think the simple enough plan was to practice safe behaviors and look out for one another long enough to get a vaccine distributed that could protect americans from this pandemic. but i guess we would rather have endemic COVID-19 and its many variants. ironically, i teach healthcare professionals in other countries who have lacked access to the vaccine while we willfully reject it. it's amazing and deflating.

Last time I took a flu vaccines is was laid out for 1 to 2 weeks. That was 15 years ago and I hadn't gotten more than a 24 hour bug before or since.
Is there a correlation? Perhaps.

real talk, probably not. you only got one flu shot. that's not exactly a rigorous study. sorry about how you felt and how that experience is impacting your trust. i get it.

i've had at least 20 now. i have had one memorable possible reaction where i felt yucky for a acouple of days. it was one of the first ones i got. maybe the first. can't remember.

sometimes vaccines trigger reactions. if it's vaccine related, you didn't get an infection. your body is just trying to figure out what this foreign thing is that's been introduced. and sometimes that feels terrible. def been there. and have never regretted the resulting protection for myself and others.

sometimes you get sick with something else around the same time. also, flu shots don't cover every active strain. that's why the efficacy numbers aren't 100%. people still get uncovered strains despite being protected from others.

what did your doctor say about it?

Thanks Fam.
Being that I'm not really big on calling the Dr. or going to hospitals, I just took a cocktail of vitamins, lots of water with ginger, teas etc.
I went went straight up Dr. Sebi,, :wink:
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#437 » by Zenzibar » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:40 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm telling you, alot of the people in my acquaintance circle, some who are pretty educated are not vaxxing. Want to know something, they have friends in the medical indistry who are down low recommending them not to.

Crazy world we're living in.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#438 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:49 am

NoLayupRule wrote:good luck tomorrow for everyone on the first day back to school

lets hope its a safe and wonderful year!

Well, better get those fingers crossed.

The schools in this county in Northern Va has masks for kids but not 50% classrooms etc.
So far, for the middle school, I've gotten 4 emails about 7 kids with Covid-19, as one email was 4 for 1!
(School started August 23)
My daughter just started, so she's 11 and not eligible for the vaccine yet. Unlike Magagorilla, I'll be vaccinating her asap when it's allowed.
The HS, for the older daughter, has sent me, oh, about 3 or 4 emails with notifications about a kid with Covid.

My son goes to William & Mary. They had a really strict, very good Covid response last year. Remote learning, 50% in the classroom, aggressive cleaning of the classroom, take food out from the cafeteria, masks all the time etc.

This year, since the virus was initially under control and also I believe parent pressure, they took the foot completely off the brake.
100% attendance in the classroom, packed in, and my son stated no one is wiping downs the desks.

Now, they still mandate masks inside and do have a protocol in place to ramp up restrictions if Covid cases rise.
And, of course, they did.
Now it's "take food out from the cafeteria and masks all the time for two weeks"

And...with all that, wearing the mask, two vaccine shots, my son came up positive for Covid. Which he wouldn't have known about, but he's an RA, had an earache, and figured it was the responsible and ethical thing to get tested. So now he'll spend 10 days in a hotel off campus, on his dime, to quarantine. Last year they had a building on campus.

Now, he was off in Texas training with a Special Forces ODA team for 24 days, within the last month, so that's two flights, and the return was a day before classes started and 14 days ago, so MAYBE he got it then, but Occam's razor indicates probably got in on a campus with rising rates.

Oh, 2 days into it and he's symptom free.

But skip getting that vaccine if that works for anyone.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#439 » by Zenzibar » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:54 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:We may have to merge the "Karens" thread with the COVID thread. Watch this shyt. The fists were flying at the school board meeting.

a quarter million infections among kids just last week? WTF is going on with this damn stupid country? Now it's going to spread like wildfire as their anti-masky parents have to tend to their sick children. Messhugah Ass MFs

Is that new infections or are kids testing positive for anti-bodies?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#440 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:56 am

Zenzibar wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm telling you, alot of the people in my acquaintance circle, some who are pretty educated are not vaxxing. Want to know something, they have friends in the medical indistry who are down low recommending them not to.

Crazy world we're living in.

There are lots of so called high end communities around San Diego and LA where there are outbreaks of TB and other though conquered diseases because the fancy people there bought into some nonsense about not vaxxing.

It's not the Magatroids and religious fundamentalists that have turned into forms of fundamentalist freakazoids when it comes to political and social beliefs.

Just more signs of the decay of this society.

Return to New York Knicks