ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL discussion thread

Moderators: NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, K-DOT, Capn'O, mrpoetryNmotion, Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, King of Canada, mpharris36, Thugger HBC

User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 85,527
And1: 67,081
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#41 » by mpharris36 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:48 am

blue and orange wrote:
Butch718 wrote:My season will consist of rooting for the bears to lose every game.


A qb and an olineman in rd 1?



if kayvon thibodeaux isn't a giant next year it will be a failure
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER

Robert Williams III/Chris Boucher/Daniel Gafford
Michael Porter Jr/De'Andre Hunter/James Johnson
RJ Barrett/Trey Murphy III/Langston Galloway
Tyrese Haliburton/Chris Duarte/James Bouknight
Steph Curry/Jalen Suggs/Anfernee Simons
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 71,185
And1: 36,091
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#42 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 am

2010 wrote:Giants defense got Bridgewater looking like Joe Montana out there.


The Jets should've started Bridgewater and extended him when we had him. He was the best QB on the team.
User avatar
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,057
And1: 825
Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Location: Your house, rent free.
     

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#43 » by Little Italia » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:00 am

Juggynaut wrote:SMH still can't believe we drafted Daniel Jones. Or drafted a running back at #2 overall.

Gettleman set the Giants back a decade with those picks. Horrible GM and I cannot wait til he's fired.
Image

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"




Comfortably numb Knick fans[/u][/i]
User avatar
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,057
And1: 825
Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Location: Your house, rent free.
     

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#44 » by Little Italia » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:02 am

blue and orange wrote:
Butch718 wrote:My season will consist of rooting for the bears to lose every game.


A qb and an olineman in rd 1?


I'd go QB and edge rusher if we could. I think Andrew Thomas played well and had a nice pancake on that TD to Shepard. He'll be fine.
Image

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"




Comfortably numb Knick fans[/u][/i]
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,283
And1: 25,038
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#45 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:40 pm

Giants need a complete rebuild and overall. That was tough to watch.
Mavs
Nikola Jokic | Maxi Kleber
Giannis | Dario Saric
Mikal Bridges | Justin Holiday
Marcus Smart | Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry | Derrick White

Reserves
House
Len
Mays
Samanic
Santi Aldama
Didi
Dev Dotson
Ponds
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,283
And1: 25,038
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#46 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:00 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
2010 wrote:Daniel Jones ain’t it.


he isn't, but my god no QB could look good in a Jason Garrett run offense.

Just between the tackles runs and play action hitches.

No crossing routes...no leverage routs.

The amount of guys that just run to the sticks and turn around is comical in a modern offense.

Not being able to get Barkley is space (one the biggest weapons in the NFL). What loser.

DG is a loser
Garrett is a loser
Jones fumbles
Our defense made a journeyman QB look like a HOF

Judge (the time is ticking). The challenge on a non challengeable play that cost them a TO is a rookie move.

I honestly don't see how this team doesn't finish in last place in there division. Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins all better.


The worst is the 3rd and 8's where everyone runs 5 yard routes then Daniel Jones throws an incomplete to the flat that would have been a 1 yard gain anyway
Mavs
Nikola Jokic | Maxi Kleber
Giannis | Dario Saric
Mikal Bridges | Justin Holiday
Marcus Smart | Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry | Derrick White

Reserves
House
Len
Mays
Samanic
Santi Aldama
Didi
Dev Dotson
Ponds
User avatar
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 21,920
And1: 22,407
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#47 » by DaGawd » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:16 pm

The Giants need to completely clean house top to bottom.. Gettlemen, Judge, Garret and Jones all need to be out of here. I’m tired of watching sorry Giants football mang
BaF Roster
Washington Wizards
Spoiler:

Tyrell Terry
PJ Dozier
BJ Boston
Wendell Carter
Hassan Whiteside
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 49,933
And1: 44,552
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: NYCAA Wildcats

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#48 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Jets offensive and defensive lines suck, as usual. Zach Wilson might be decent. He'll probably have a career ending injury by game 5 though, after being sacked 10 times a game, since I'll assume real NFL teams that aren't the Panthers will do even better than their 6 sacks on Sunday.
Image
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 49,933
And1: 44,552
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: NYCAA Wildcats

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#49 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:23 pm

F N 11 wrote:sick throw by Wilson

oh boy not Bechton


Becton the most brittle huge man ever. Maybe Sam Bowie is his grandfather or something.
Image
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 85,527
And1: 67,081
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#50 » by mpharris36 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:53 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
2010 wrote:Daniel Jones ain’t it.


he isn't, but my god no QB could look good in a Jason Garrett run offense.

Just between the tackles runs and play action hitches.

No crossing routes...no leverage routs.

The amount of guys that just run to the sticks and turn around is comical in a modern offense.

Not being able to get Barkley is space (one the biggest weapons in the NFL). What loser.

DG is a loser
Garrett is a loser
Jones fumbles
Our defense made a journeyman QB look like a HOF

Judge (the time is ticking). The challenge on a non challengeable play that cost them a TO is a rookie move.

I honestly don't see how this team doesn't finish in last place in there division. Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins all better.


The worst is the 3rd and 8's where everyone runs 5 yard routes then Daniel Jones throws an incomplete to the flat that would have been a 1 yard gain anyway



I don't know if I have ever felt more helpless as a giants fan then yesterday. I knew we needed rebuilding years after Eli left...it happens to almost every franchise after they lose there core guys from a championship team to go through a rebuild. But this first attempt at a rebuild with DG running the show and Mara continue to stick his nose where it doesn't belong has been a unmitigated disaster!

From half hearted GM searches because of DG relationship with Ernie Accorsi to nepotism with Chris Mara not being qualified to be in football operations to having a say in player personnel I don't know if it can get worse.

DG was brought in to fix the offensive line...the amount of high draft picks and $$$ capital we have spent and I honestly think the line gets worse every year. We still have no pass rush after all these years and all these high picks.

Barkley for as much as I love him (was such a wasted pick). You don't take a RB 2nd overall. You can find productive running backs throughout the draft and even in UFA.

Look what Elijah Mitchell did yesterday for the 49ers....6th round pick 194 overall...in his first start over 100 yards on the ground. When was the last time we had a guy go over 100 yards on the ground?

Investing top dollar into skill position like Kenny Galloday but they don't even scheme to get him the ball in the 1st half? 1 target all 1st half? Just running Barkley inside the tackles....Jason Garrett is stuck in the 90's

Spending a 1st round pick on Kadarious Toney who played like 2 snaps all game?

Read on Twitter


what is this???

Read on Twitter


is this an NFL offensive line?

Daniel Jones has moments where you are like wow he can play...makes a nice pass drives the team down the field then on a 1st down just inexplicably fumbles on a play no QB fumbles on...how can you trust him not to turn the ball over when he does it so routinely.


Also the defense was hyped up as a top defense...spending top dollar on the secondary but they play a soft zone all game and let journeyman Teddy freakin Bridgewater tear them up on short completions and can't get off the field on any 3rd down because they don't have a pass rush and break contain and let him scramble to his right side.

Just a complete disaster. And I don't know how to fix it other than purging the entire front office/coaches and start from scratch.

Rant over
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER

Robert Williams III/Chris Boucher/Daniel Gafford
Michael Porter Jr/De'Andre Hunter/James Johnson
RJ Barrett/Trey Murphy III/Langston Galloway
Tyrese Haliburton/Chris Duarte/James Bouknight
Steph Curry/Jalen Suggs/Anfernee Simons
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,283
And1: 25,038
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#51 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:10 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
he isn't, but my god no QB could look good in a Jason Garrett run offense.

Just between the tackles runs and play action hitches.

No crossing routes...no leverage routs.

The amount of guys that just run to the sticks and turn around is comical in a modern offense.

Not being able to get Barkley is space (one the biggest weapons in the NFL). What loser.

DG is a loser
Garrett is a loser
Jones fumbles
Our defense made a journeyman QB look like a HOF

Judge (the time is ticking). The challenge on a non challengeable play that cost them a TO is a rookie move.

I honestly don't see how this team doesn't finish in last place in there division. Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins all better.


The worst is the 3rd and 8's where everyone runs 5 yard routes then Daniel Jones throws an incomplete to the flat that would have been a 1 yard gain anyway



I don't know if I have ever felt more helpless as a giants fan then yesterday. I knew we needed rebuilding years after Eli left...it happens to almost every franchise after they lose there core guys from a championship team to go through a rebuild. But this first attempt at a rebuild with DG running the show and Mara continue to stick his nose where it doesn't belong has been a unmitigated disaster!

From half hearted GM searches because of DG relationship with Ernie Accorsi to nepotism with Chris Mara not being qualified to be in football operations to having a say in player personnel I don't know if it can get worse.

DG was brought in to fix the offensive line...the amount of high draft picks and $$$ capital we have spent and I honestly think the line gets worse every year. We still have no pass rush after all these years and all these high picks.

Barkley for as much as I love him (was such a wasted pick). You don't take a RB 2nd overall. You can find productive running backs throughout the draft and even in UFA.

Look what Elijah Mitchell did yesterday for the 49ers....6th round pick 194 overall...in his first start over 100 yards on the ground. When was the last time we had a guy go over 100 yards on the ground?

Investing top dollar into skill position like Kenny Galloday but they don't even scheme to get him the ball in the 1st half? 1 target all 1st half? Just running Barkley inside the tackles....Jason Garrett is stuck in the 90's

Spending a 1st round pick on Kadarious Toney who played like 2 snaps all game?

Read on Twitter


what is this???

Read on Twitter


is this an NFL offensive line?

Daniel Jones has moments where you are like wow he can play...makes a nice pass drives the team down the field then on a 1st down just inexplicably fumbles on a play no QB fumbles on...how can you trust him not to turn the ball over when he does it so routinely.


Also the defense was hyped up as a top defense...spending top dollar on the secondary but they play a soft zone all game and let journeyman Teddy freakin Bridgewater tear them up on short completions and can't get off the field on any 3rd down because they don't have a pass rush and break contain and let him scramble to his right side.

Just a complete disaster. And I don't know how to fix it other than purging the entire front office/coaches and start from scratch.

Rant over


Yea, so many things wrong and it is very frustrating to watch. It really starts at the top. The organization is stuck in the past. Even still this would be a team that would suck in any generation. They look like a bad football team from 1987.
Mavs
Nikola Jokic | Maxi Kleber
Giannis | Dario Saric
Mikal Bridges | Justin Holiday
Marcus Smart | Eric Gordon
Kyle Lowry | Derrick White

Reserves
House
Len
Mays
Samanic
Santi Aldama
Didi
Dev Dotson
Ponds
User avatar
Kampuchea
General Manager
Posts: 8,295
And1: 4,771
Joined: Oct 20, 2010
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw
       

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#52 » by Kampuchea » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Jones is not the answer. Let's ride with him this season to make sure of that but he hasn't shown enough in 2.1 seasons to convince me otherwise. You have rookies and second-year guys looking miles ahead of Jones.

The Giants and O-line reminds me of how I felt for so long with the Knicks and PGs. One of the top things to address and it just keeps getting kicked punted until next season.

I found the Tate contract annoying and now the Golladay. Get the core positions solid before going for the flash. Stop drafting WRs and RBs early or spending so much on them until we have the Oline to allow us to use them.

Our top pick next season should hopefully be QB and follow that up with O & D line picks
Image
cgmw
RealGM
Posts: 18,470
And1: 5,165
Joined: Jul 23, 2003
Location: Winning now since 1973
Contact:
 

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#53 » by cgmw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Jones is not the answer. Let's ride with him this season to make sure of that but he hasn't shown enough in 2.1 seasons to convince me otherwise. You have rookies and second-year guys looking miles ahead of Jones.

The Giants and O-line reminds me of how I felt for so long with the Knicks and PGs. One of the top things to address and it just keeps getting kicked punted until next season.

I found the Tate contract annoying and now the Golladay. Get the core positions solid before going for the flash. Stop drafting WRs and RBs early or spending so much on them until we have the Oline to allow us to use them.

Our top pick next season should hopefully be QB and follow that up with O & D line picks

Yeah it's seemed very out of character for the Giants to keep acquiring skill position guys without addressing their lines first. We won super bowls behind solid, but unspectacular QBs (Simms & Eli) with solid but unspectacular skill positions (Tiki, Plax), bluecollar o-lines, and then all-time great killers on the D-Line (and LB). Daniel Jones is starting to remind me of Dave Brown, and Gettleman will soon be Ray Handley if things don't get better. Surprised the Maras haven't demanded building the lines first then the skill positions, but hey I'm not a billionaire owner so what do I know.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 64,522
And1: 35,964
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#54 » by F N 11 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:09 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
he isn't, but my god no QB could look good in a Jason Garrett run offense.

Just between the tackles runs and play action hitches.

No crossing routes...no leverage routs.

The amount of guys that just run to the sticks and turn around is comical in a modern offense.

Not being able to get Barkley is space (one the biggest weapons in the NFL). What loser.

DG is a loser
Garrett is a loser
Jones fumbles
Our defense made a journeyman QB look like a HOF

Judge (the time is ticking). The challenge on a non challengeable play that cost them a TO is a rookie move.

I honestly don't see how this team doesn't finish in last place in there division. Cowboys/Eagles/Redskins all better.


The worst is the 3rd and 8's where everyone runs 5 yard routes then Daniel Jones throws an incomplete to the flat that would have been a 1 yard gain anyway



I don't know if I have ever felt more helpless as a giants fan then yesterday. I knew we needed rebuilding years after Eli left...it happens to almost every franchise after they lose there core guys from a championship team to go through a rebuild. But this first attempt at a rebuild with DG running the show and Mara continue to stick his nose where it doesn't belong has been a unmitigated disaster!

From half hearted GM searches because of DG relationship with Ernie Accorsi to nepotism with Chris Mara not being qualified to be in football operations to having a say in player personnel I don't know if it can get worse.

DG was brought in to fix the offensive line...the amount of high draft picks and $$$ capital we have spent and I honestly think the line gets worse every year. We still have no pass rush after all these years and all these high picks.

Barkley for as much as I love him (was such a wasted pick). You don't take a RB 2nd overall. You can find productive running backs throughout the draft and even in UFA.

Look what Elijah Mitchell did yesterday for the 49ers....6th round pick 194 overall...in his first start over 100 yards on the ground. When was the last time we had a guy go over 100 yards on the ground?

Investing top dollar into skill position like Kenny Galloday but they don't even scheme to get him the ball in the 1st half? 1 target all 1st half? Just running Barkley inside the tackles....Jason Garrett is stuck in the 90's

Spending a 1st round pick on Kadarious Toney who played like 2 snaps all game?

Read on Twitter


what is this???

Read on Twitter


is this an NFL offensive line?

Daniel Jones has moments where you are like wow he can play...makes a nice pass drives the team down the field then on a 1st down just inexplicably fumbles on a play no QB fumbles on...how can you trust him not to turn the ball over when he does it so routinely.


Also the defense was hyped up as a top defense...spending top dollar on the secondary but they play a soft zone all game and let journeyman Teddy freakin Bridgewater tear them up on short completions and can't get off the field on any 3rd down because they don't have a pass rush and break contain and let him scramble to his right side.

Just a complete disaster. And I don't know how to fix it other than purging the entire front office/coaches and start from scratch.

Rant over


Quick, someone post the missed tackles on 4th snd 3rd down like we was scared to hit people. I had a migraine for a few hours then remembered to not stress over the Giants. Thank GOD for Thibs. I liked Judge but sheesh. Better hope we have do a 180 on Thursday...
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Image
Leon Hosed
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 85,527
And1: 67,081
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#55 » by mpharris36 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:15 pm

F N 11 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
The worst is the 3rd and 8's where everyone runs 5 yard routes then Daniel Jones throws an incomplete to the flat that would have been a 1 yard gain anyway



I don't know if I have ever felt more helpless as a giants fan then yesterday. I knew we needed rebuilding years after Eli left...it happens to almost every franchise after they lose there core guys from a championship team to go through a rebuild. But this first attempt at a rebuild with DG running the show and Mara continue to stick his nose where it doesn't belong has been a unmitigated disaster!

From half hearted GM searches because of DG relationship with Ernie Accorsi to nepotism with Chris Mara not being qualified to be in football operations to having a say in player personnel I don't know if it can get worse.

DG was brought in to fix the offensive line...the amount of high draft picks and $$$ capital we have spent and I honestly think the line gets worse every year. We still have no pass rush after all these years and all these high picks.

Barkley for as much as I love him (was such a wasted pick). You don't take a RB 2nd overall. You can find productive running backs throughout the draft and even in UFA.

Look what Elijah Mitchell did yesterday for the 49ers....6th round pick 194 overall...in his first start over 100 yards on the ground. When was the last time we had a guy go over 100 yards on the ground?

Investing top dollar into skill position like Kenny Galloday but they don't even scheme to get him the ball in the 1st half? 1 target all 1st half? Just running Barkley inside the tackles....Jason Garrett is stuck in the 90's

Spending a 1st round pick on Kadarious Toney who played like 2 snaps all game?

Read on Twitter


what is this???

Read on Twitter


is this an NFL offensive line?

Daniel Jones has moments where you are like wow he can play...makes a nice pass drives the team down the field then on a 1st down just inexplicably fumbles on a play no QB fumbles on...how can you trust him not to turn the ball over when he does it so routinely.


Also the defense was hyped up as a top defense...spending top dollar on the secondary but they play a soft zone all game and let journeyman Teddy freakin Bridgewater tear them up on short completions and can't get off the field on any 3rd down because they don't have a pass rush and break contain and let him scramble to his right side.

Just a complete disaster. And I don't know how to fix it other than purging the entire front office/coaches and start from scratch.

Rant over


Quick, someone post the missed tackles on 4th snd 3rd down like we was scared to hit people. I had a migraine for a few hours then remembered to not stress over the Giants. Thank GOD for Thibs. I liked Judge but sheesh. Better hope we have do a 180 on Thursday...



yup that was a big play too...mckinney came free and Teddy juked him on the 4th down...passed it to there backup TE and our "elite" tackling machine blew an easy tackle.
BAF Spurs:

ROSTER

Robert Williams III/Chris Boucher/Daniel Gafford
Michael Porter Jr/De'Andre Hunter/James Johnson
RJ Barrett/Trey Murphy III/Langston Galloway
Tyrese Haliburton/Chris Duarte/James Bouknight
Steph Curry/Jalen Suggs/Anfernee Simons
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 57,405
And1: 67,913
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#56 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:28 pm

idk much when it comes to football but it's disappointing to hear daniel jones sucks. wasnt he considered a reach pick?
Cavs Nation 2021 BAF Champions x Bubble Champs
PG: J Murray/Rose
SG: Lavine/Oladipo
SF: Tatum/Hart
PF: Bam/Tate
C: Ayton/Randle


It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 17,225
And1: 27,896
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
Location: Dante's Purgatory, 2nd Terrace
       

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#57 » by K-DOT » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:40 am

3toheadmelo wrote:idk much when it comes to football but it's disappointing to hear daniel jones sucks. wasnt he considered a reach pick?

Yeah, but to be fair the only other QB who was in consideration that high would have been Dwayne Haskins, and he's worse than Jones, or at least they're both pretty bad

It's like the NBA draft, timing is super important and something you really can't plan for. Just no real good QBs outside of Murray that year. Year before you had Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson the Giants could've gone with (however Darnold would have been more likely given his stock and the Giants' position), but they were always gonna give Eli one more go. If they wait a year, they could get Herbert or Tua

Early reports look like this is a bad QB year too, so it may be a mistake for Giants to go QB if Jones sucks and they have a high pick. Right now, looks like y'all might be better off taking Thibodeaux, who's being hyped as the next Myles Garrett/Nick Bosa.
BAF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Sharife Cooper
Donovan Mitchell/Avery Bradley
Keldon Johnson/Josh Jackson
Cam Johnson/Darius Bazley
Evan Mobley/Vernon Carey Jr.

Check out our podcast, No Blood No Foul!:

Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 57,405
And1: 67,913
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#58 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 am

K-DOT wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:idk much when it comes to football but it's disappointing to hear daniel jones sucks. wasnt he considered a reach pick?

Yeah, but to be fair the only other QB who was in consideration that high would have been Dwayne Haskins, and he's worse than Jones, or at least they're both pretty bad

It's like the NBA draft, timing is super important and something you really can't plan for. Just no real good QBs outside of Murray that year. Year before you had Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson the Giants could've gone with (however Darnold would have been more likely given his stock and the Giants' position), but they were always gonna give Eli one more go. If they wait a year, they could get Herbert or Tua

Early reports look like this is a bad QB year too, so it may be a mistake for Giants to go QB if Jones sucks and they have a high pick. Right now, looks like y'all might be better off taking Thibodeaux, who's being hyped as the next Myles Garrett/Nick Bosa.

thanks for giving me the breakdown. i appreciate it. i now remember there was people calling for haskins. good to hear he sucks too. lol

that sucks that this year's qbs isnt strong. and yo, that guy's name is thibs? we must get him asap :lol:
Cavs Nation 2021 BAF Champions x Bubble Champs
PG: J Murray/Rose
SG: Lavine/Oladipo
SF: Tatum/Hart
PF: Bam/Tate
C: Ayton/Randle


It's like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
Juggynaut
Analyst
Posts: 3,413
And1: 1,976
Joined: Feb 14, 2010
       

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#59 » by Juggynaut » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 am

3toheadmelo wrote:idk much when it comes to football but it's disappointing to hear daniel jones sucks. wasnt he considered a reach pick?


It was an embarrassment of a pick. The Giants were a laughing stock the entire draft and continues to be one 3 years later. David Gettleman needs to be fired before the next draft because we already know he's going to draft busts.
Image
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 21,340
And1: 25,357
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Asheville
       

Re: OT: NFL Sunday discussion 

Post#60 » by robillionaire » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:31 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Jets offensive and defensive lines suck, as usual. Zach Wilson might be decent. He'll probably have a career ending injury by game 5 though, after being sacked 10 times a game, since I'll assume real NFL teams that aren't the Panthers will do even better than their 6 sacks on Sunday.


I'm not the biggest NFL fan anymore, mostly because I didn't really have a local team to root for as a kid and don't have a real team loyalty. I bandwangoned the cowboys as a kid in the 90s. So when I moved to New York I wanted to root for the local team. Never liked the Giants as they were a division rival I always rooted against so I figured I'd pull for the Jets. What a miserable experience that was.

So now that I'm down here I figured fug it, I'll just casually root for the Panthers. I wonder who their QB even is? And by some cruel twist of fate it was still Sam Darnold. So of course he would outplay Zach Wilson. The Jets are cursed or something

Return to New York Knicks