ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Frank Ntilikina to the mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Re: OT: Frank Ntilikina to the mavs!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Post#181 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:On Mudiay, Frank and the whole playing time needed for development thing...

Mudiay was 21 when the Knicks traded for him. That is 2 years younger than Frank is right now and at about the same age that you guys are implying are critical development years for young players. So...I'm not getting the argument that giving minutes to Mudiay being an example of the Knicks not trying to develop young players by giving them playing time. Maybe the Knicks view was that Frank just wasn't worth investing in and that in part is why they traded for Mudiay and attempted to give him the playing time that some are saying should have gone to Frank. Mudiay wasn't some veteran hired gun. Just want to make sure folk realize that.

This is about "not trying to develop young players". It's about "not trying to develop Frank", in particular. This is exactly the problem I'm referring to when you bring in a different coaching staff/front office personnel each year. No consistent vision in how we were going to develop him. We just bounced around from PG to PG. He kept falling through the cracks. I can't wait to see him blossom in the next 2-3 years. He's going to be a beast.

But why would the Knicks be willing to develop every other young player but not Frank? Because they don't like the French? Because they want to develop ISO players only? Did he fall through the cracks or was he just not worth developing?

That 4 head coach argument? What it tells me is that 4 different basketball coaches didn't feel Frank was worth developing or using or pushing.

My problem is what you are saying implies some sort of intentional effort to keep Frank down while simultaneously working to prop the other young players up.

Why would they do this?

Not saying it would be beneath them to do this, but it doesn't make sense when folks use this type of argument. Now if Frank actually showed flashes that he was an NBA caliber PG worth developing then sure. But he really hasn't.

Should we also do the same for Knox?

I'm having this debate with another poster in the wiretap thread. That poster said that Frank had numerous 15 point games and even some much higher ones this past season. He did not. But to surprisingly a lot of people they seem to want to believe he has.

He's like Dante Exum...remember him?

Came into that draft as another "golden goose" (slash) "unicorn" type prospect (tall athletic PG). Then folks realized that Exum (who BTW was not drafted by some half baked front office mind you but widely considered one of the "model" franchises in terms of development) just wasn't an NBA caliber PG and that he couldn't be developed into one. And Exum just got picked up off of the scrap heap as well.

Well technically the Knicks didn't develop anybody so both sides of this argument shouldt take it personal. We're still I'm yr 23 of not resigning drafted players beyond thier rookie contract. Frank just happens to be the thread title so it's who we're focused on and those who support Frank are out in force about his experience......... which really isn't all that exclusive to him. I think both sides need to understand this.

It's not like we have tons of examples of rookies who came in at one skillset and 3 yrs later they were at another. So to the critics I would say his fans are right, the Knicks never took the time to develop him. And to the critics I'd say there is a possibility he can improve elsewhere because for the last 23 yrs that's all anyone does... improve elsewhere. Even now and I'm not complaining about it, our development process is moreso about "hey we're trying to win, if you wanna play just play harder". Idk if that's true skill development or just next man up.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#182 » by Rasho Brezec » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:09 am

nedleeds wrote:Maybe Frank can get his groin right in Dallas.

Phantom pain.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#183 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:06 pm

KP is going to get healthy and Luka will unlock Frank. 58 wins. Kemba and Rose will get hurt. Knicks 37 wins. This is the way.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#184 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:03 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:KP is going to get healthy and Luka will unlock Frank. 58 wins. Kemba and Rose will get hurt. Knicks 37 wins. This is the way.

ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#185 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:KP is going to get healthy and Luka will unlock Frank. 58 wins. Kemba and Rose will get hurt. Knicks 37 wins. This is the way.

Truth hurts
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#186 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:48 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Truth hurts

I see you need moar truth

ImageImageImage
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#187 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:06 pm

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#188 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:44 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:

Buzztrodamus sees and reports the visions.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,263

Post#189 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:58 am

Read on Twitter

:( :(
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#190 » by malik959 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am

Now that is how you leave NY, drop the mic Frank!
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,414

Post#191 » by Guano » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:34 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#192 » by moocow007 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Is there any way on this forum to block certain thread topics? :lol: I can’t do this anymore. :cry:

:lol: You know this keeps the ol blood pumping through the veins.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,609

Post#193 » by Gravy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Bruh that video montage is like if Patrick Ewing retires.

When Kevin Knox leaves its going to be dont let the door hit you on the way out :lol:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,405

Post#194 » by robillionaire » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Gravy wrote:Bruh that video montage is like if Patrick Ewing retires.

When Kevin Knox leaves its going to be dont let the door hit you on the way out :lol:

That’s my reaction to Frank aka Phil’s folly

Thanks for stealing money for 4 years, hope you fail in Dallas, wish we would have drafted Donovan Mitchell or Bam Adebayo or really just any actual basketball player, bye
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Post#195 » by Richard4444 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:36 pm

Ok, Mandalorian...
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,609

Post#196 » by Gravy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:45 pm

robillionaire wrote:

Thanks for stealing money for 4 years, hope you fail in Dallas, wish we would have drafted Donovan Mitchell or Bam Adebayo or really just any actual basketball player, bye

Eh, I'm not really rooting for or against him at this point but the fan response to him is funny. There's Frank stans who think Randle or RJ havent done enough and are we are wasting time with them, but we should resign Frank and start him so he "develops properly"
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#197 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:47 pm

robillionaire wrote:

You’re one of those mean girls
ImageImageImage
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,405

Post#198 » by robillionaire » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:15 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

He’s not on the Knicks anymore, he’s with the enemy, we still have their pick in 2023 :lol:
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#199 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

He’s not on the Knicks anymore, he’s with the enemy, we still have their pick in 2023 :lol:

Aha! The pick explains everything!

I stopped banging my drum for Frank pre-Covid but I have to admit I find this thread endlessly amusing and hope it never ends
ImageImageImage
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,888

Post#200 » by matchman » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:35 pm

At least Frank doesn't leave the league earlier than Payton, I still believe he will last longer than that momma's son.
Are you fans of the team or the player?

Return to New York Knicks