ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 5) Bubble Tournament Edition

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 14,289

Build a Franchise (Season 5) Bubble Tournament Edition 

Post#1 » by bishnykfan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 am

Previous thread- https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2119829

2021 Summer Bubble Tourney First Round Schedule*

Friday September 10

10:00PM- Indiana 78 @ Phoenix 56
11:00PM- Clippers 94 @ New York 81

Saturday September 11

10:00PM- Denver 57 @ Charlotte 90
11:00PM- Portland 102 @ Washington 57

Friday September 17

10:00PM- Dallas 84 @ FA Team #1 32
11:00PM- Minnesota 65 @ Philadelphia 76

Saturday September 18

10:00PM- Oklahoma City 53 @ Detroit 100
11:00PM- Chicago 99 @ Memphis 110

Friday September 24

10:00PM- Golden State 106 @ Boston 33
11:00PM- Brooklyn 115 @ Lakers 76

Saturday September 25

10:00PM- Miami 97 @ Utah 86
11:00PM- FA Team #2 60 @ Cleveland 101

Friday October 1

10:00PM- Houston 72 @ Toronto 114
11:00PM- Milwaukee 78 @ Sacramento 89

Saturday October 2

10:00PM- Orlando 62 @ San Antonio 81
11:00PM- Atlanta 58 @ New Orleans 81

*- Dates and time subject to change depending on Melos schedule

Second Round

Friday October 8

10:00PM- Indiana 103 @ Clippers 85
11:00PM- Portland 83 @ Charlotte 97

Saturday October 9

10:00PM- Philadelphia 76 @ Dallas 97
11:00PM- Memphis 123 @ Detroit 86

Friday October 15

10:00PM- Brooklyn 94 @ Golden State 110
11:00PM- Miami 103 @ Cleveland 96

Saturday October 16

10:00PM- Toronto 94 @ Sacramento 73
11:00PM- San Antonio 104 @ New Orleans 72

Quarterfinals

Friday October 22

10:00PM- Indiana @ Charlotte
11:00PM- Dallas @ Memphis

Saturday October 23

10:00PM- Golden State @ Miami
11:00PM- San Antonio @ Toronto
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 123,565

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 5) Bubble Tournament Edition 

Post#2 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:51 am

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,465

Post#3 » by NewEra » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:56 am

this was unsolicited. :lol:

@MPH, I haven't seen him beef with GMs, or comment on other teams like that in the past so I thought his remark was out of character. Thus the question, "who pissed Buzz off?" I now know that it was likely Smash or Cap because of the dialogue I'm seeing. I'm just catching up with the thread.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#4 » by Buzzard » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:03 am

NewEra wrote:

@MPH, I haven't seen him beef with GMs, or comment on other teams like that in the past so I thought his remark was out of character. Thus the question, "who pissed Buzz off?" I now know that it was likely Smash or Cap because of the dialogue I'm seeing. I'm just catching up with the thread.

Don't act like you have not seen the east bashing and my trade being bashed. Its been going on since I joined up here. I just finally decided to fire back.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,422

Post#5 » by HerSports85 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:05 am

Yeah New Era put together one of the best packages for Kawhi, I just couldn’t part with him no matter how many times I tried to talk myself into it. And this was about a week ago.

Buzz caught on early, I was really just blowing smoke .. bringing some excitement into the thread lol.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 103,364

Post#6 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:08 am

NewEra wrote:

no one was talking stuff this morning.

hersports joked that she maybe was dealing Kawhi

E-balla joked that he didn't want him out west.

I guess that started it?
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Isaiah Sewart
Cam Johnson/Rui Hachimura/Dalen Terry
Alex Caruso/NAW/Aaron Wiggins
Jamal Murray/Tyler Kolek/Jamal Shead
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#7 » by Buzzard » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:09 am

HerSports85 wrote:Yeah New Era put together one of the best packages for Kawhi, I just couldn’t part with him no matter how many times I tried to talk myself into it. And this was about a week ago.

Buzz caught on early, I was really just blowing smoke .. bringing some excitement into the thread lol.

I figured if you moved Leonard it was for PG Irving or a Center Embiid to pair up with CJ.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#8 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:20 am

Buzzard wrote:
NewEra wrote:

Don't act like you have not seen the east bashing and my trade being bashed. Its been going on since I joined up here. I just finally decided to fire back.

It’s true. We get disrespected almost on a daily basis :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NewEra
RealGM

Post#9 » by NewEra » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:22 am

Buzzard wrote:
NewEra wrote:

Of course. I actually mentioned this a month or two ago. The bashing of the East (saying Melo has no competition), has been going on for a minute now. MPH and I got into it because I said he was "pushing that narrative" or something along those lines. He and I talked since and cleared that up though. I think trash talk is a part of the game. As for trades, I try not to comment much because I understand many factors go into them. The year I won the chip was the year I traded Curry for Westbrook. At the time, I felt Curry was very injury prone in the sim. I was losing him it felt like every week to some silly injury. On top of that, he was inconsistent. Most laughed, or questioned it, but I had the last laugh. Russ went on to win a BAF chip, and finals MVP. That's why to this day I do what I want and don't care for approval. Gotta be brave in this game lol.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#10 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:22 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
NewEra wrote:@MPH, I haven't seen him beef with GMs, or comment on other teams like that in the past so I thought his remark was out of character. Thus the question, "who pissed Buzz off?" I now know that it was likely Smash or Cap because of the dialogue I'm seeing. I'm just catching up with the thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you started that everyone in the east traded there stars to get away from you :rofl:

ROSTER

Buzzard
RealGM

Post#11 » by Buzzard » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:24 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
NewEra wrote:@MPH, I haven't seen him beef with GMs, or comment on other teams like that in the past so I thought his remark was out of character. Thus the question, "who pissed Buzz off?" I now know that it was likely Smash or Cap because of the dialogue I'm seeing. I'm just catching up with the thread.

Some like to fire their shots sideways. The passive aggressive people. That does not make them any less a shot.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
NewEra
RealGM

Post#12 » by NewEra » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

You? Most of the EC bashing I've seen sounds like this. "Melo is the only competitor in the East. Everyone else sucks."

:lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#13 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:26 am

NewEra wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

Of course. I actually mentioned this a month or two ago. The bashing of the East (saying Melo has no competition), has been going on for a minute now. MPH and I got into it because I said he was "pushing that narrative" or something along those lines. He and I talked since and cleared that up though. I think trash talk is a part of the game. As for trades, I try not to comment much because I understand many factors go into them. The year I won the chip was the year I traded Curry for Westbrook. At the time, I felt Curry was very injury prone in the sim. I was losing him it felt like every week to some silly injury. On top of that, he was inconsistent. Most laughed, or questioned it, but I had the last laugh. Russ went on to win a BAF chip, and finals MVP. That's why to this day I do what I want and don't care for approval. Gotta be brave in this game lol.

Facts. That’s why we got rings :nod:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#14 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:27 am

Buzzard wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Buzzard wrote:Don't act like you have not seen the east bashing and my trade being bashed. Its been going on since I joined up here. I just finally decided to fire back.

Some like to fire their shots sideways. The passive aggressive people. That does not make them any less a shot.

Check my sig. I don’t respect no subs!
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 51,711

Post#15 » by DOT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:30 am

I just don't know how you inherit Luka and Zion on cheap deals and act like you haven't been dealt one of the best hands you could have gotten and people shouldn't point that out

Like, I got the Lakers and my best player was Devin Booker (who I traded away for literally nothing, my first but not last terrible trade), and my 2nd best player was like, Goran Dragic, third best was I think Nic Batum

No disrespect meant to any of the above, but you can't tell me you'd rather have that than Luka/Zion/D Mitch, especially when Booker alone was making more than all 3 of them, and only signed for 3 years instead of the 5+ of Luka/Zion

Like, I'm not gonna complain if Buzzard wins, but a lot of the groundwork was laid before he got here.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/CP3
Shaedon Sharpe/Ochai Agbaji
Keldon Johnson/Taylor Hendricks
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Clint Capela/Mark Williams

Bench: Nikola Topic, Kyle Filipkowski, Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Jericho Sims
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 95,604

Post#16 » by Capn'O » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:33 am

K-DOT wrote:I just don't know how you inherit Luka and Zion on cheap deals and act like you haven't been dealt one of the best hands you could have gotten and people shouldn't point that out...

Spoiler:

But I hit a triple?!
BAF Clippers: Great Team. No Future.
PG: SGA | Coleworld
SG: Big Ragu | Merrill
SF: Kuminga | Dorture Chamber
PF: KAT | Saric
C: BroLo | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Mitchell | Houstan | Bailey | K Williams | Fernando

:beer:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 51,711

Post#17 » by DOT » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:36 am

Capn'O wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I just don't know how you inherit Luka and Zion on cheap deals and act like you haven't been dealt one of the best hands you could have gotten and people shouldn't point that out...

Spoiler:

Yeah, it's like inheriting a billion dollars from your parents and telling middle class folk they had the same opportunities as you

It's completely possible to succeed as someone who didn't inherit a fortune from their parents, but you're not starting from the same place, not by a long shot

Quite frankly, he has a lot more pressure to succeed, because Luka/Zion should be enough to win with a half decent supporting cast. So if he can't put that together as a GM, that's a massive failure.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/CP3
Shaedon Sharpe/Ochai Agbaji
Keldon Johnson/Taylor Hendricks
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Clint Capela/Mark Williams

Bench: Nikola Topic, Kyle Filipkowski, Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Jericho Sims
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 95,604

Post#18 » by Capn'O » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:37 am

K-DOT wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Spoiler:

Yeah, it's like inheriting a billion dollars from your parents and telling middle class folk they had the same opportunities as you

It's completely possible to succeed as someone who didn't inherit a fortune from their parents, but you're not starting from the same place, not by a long shot

Quite frankly, he has a lot more pressure to succeed, because Luka/Zion should be enough to win with a half decent supporting cast. So if he can't put that together as a GM, that's a massive failure.

Massive. Basically a dead man guided that squad to a second round exit last year. So there's the standard.
BAF Clippers: Great Team. No Future.
PG: SGA | Coleworld
SG: Big Ragu | Merrill
SF: Kuminga | Dorture Chamber
PF: KAT | Saric
C: BroLo | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Mitchell | Houstan | Bailey | K Williams | Fernando

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#19 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:41 am

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#20 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:47 am

NewEra wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Buzzard wrote:Don't act like you have not seen the east bashing and my trade being bashed. Its been going on since I joined up here. I just finally decided to fire back.

You? Most of the EC bashing I've seen sounds like this. "Melo is the only competitor in the East. Everyone else sucks."

:lol:

That’s true but I do think It’s gotten to a point where no other teams get shown respect. The east gave me more problems in the playoffs than a team like smash out west did in the finals. That’s the reality and I hope no one takes that personal. So that’s why I say the east is underrated somewhat.

Return to New York Knicks