ImageImageImageImageImage

College/Draft thread. Knicks Currently have Picks 12 and 45

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Re: College/Draft thread. Knicks Currently have Picks 12 and 45 

Post#1941 » by WargamesX » Mon May 16, 2022 3:17 am

robillionaire wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Technically it is a correct statement he was drafted about a year before SGA :lol:

Basically how could you say you thought Frank was going to be SGA when he was in the league before SGA? If anything he Knicks avoided SGA because they thought he was going to be like Frankie…. Which is relevant because so many people are immediately overlooking TyTy because they think he is going to just be another IQ. I remember a lot of people here use to say we shouldn’t take Haliburton either because he was just going to be American Frank.

I agree with you and I absolutely think it weighed into their decision making process that they just drafted a wingspan guard a year prior

Yep, main reason I expect them to bring TyTy in as well. They need talent
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,433

Post#1942 » by robillionaire » Mon May 16, 2022 3:20 am

WargamesX wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
Basically how could you say you thought Frank was going to be SGA when he was in the league before SGA? If anything he Knicks avoided SGA because they thought he was going to be like Frankie…. Which is relevant because so many people are immediately overlooking TyTy because they think he is going to just be another IQ. I remember a lot of people here use to say we shouldn’t take Haliburton either because he was just going to be American Frank.

I agree with you and I absolutely think it weighed into their decision making process that they just drafted a wingspan guard a year prior

Yep, main reason I expect them to bring TyTy in as well. They need talent

I kinda expect them to trade the pick but who really knows with this team
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Post#1943 » by islanders11040 » Mon May 16, 2022 3:54 am

Potential Mitch replacement? Maybe can be a better Taj.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,289

Post#1944 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon May 16, 2022 3:56 am

Man please lord………..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaden Ivey Folksssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JADEN IVEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,337

Post#1945 » by Hes_On_Fire » Mon May 16, 2022 3:59 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 4 pick Confirmed FOLKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter is the worst lol. What is the point of those tweets?

World Wide Herb never worked for a team before so he never needed to be front and center. Now he does and he is (kinda).
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,289

Post#1946 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon May 16, 2022 4:00 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 4 pick Confirmed FOLKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter is the worst lol. What is the point of those tweets?

World Wide Herb never worked for a team before so he never needed to be front and center. Now he does and he is (kinda).

:lol: :lol: :lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,686

Post#1947 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 4:40 am

Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
And even that guy is still very far from being a great ball -handler.

True. He lost his confidence here but he's still young and has a good coach to teach him.

So we're doing this again?! Knicks cant' develop and we're hoping he can? I'm not sh.itting on the guy but we just went through this and people were literally laughing at us for being Frank stans. Come on.

You're bothered by them laughing at us? :lol: I'm not forcing you to do anything. If you want to trash Frank, no one is stopping you.

Frank is goink to be playing significant minutes in the Western Conference Finals, my friend. This is just his first year with Kidd. Why am I arguing this with you? I thought you were on our side?
Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#1948 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 16, 2022 5:31 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:True. He lost his confidence here but he's still young and has a good coach to teach him.

So we're doing this again?! Knicks cant' develop and we're hoping he can? I'm not sh.itting on the guy but we just went through this and people were literally laughing at us for being Frank stans. Come on.

You're bothered by them laughing at us? :lol: I'm not forcing you to do anything. If you want to trash Frank, no one is stopping you.

Frank is goink to be playing significant minutes in the Western Conference Finals, my friend. This is just his first year with Kidd. Why am I arguing this with you? I thought you were on our side?

I think you're confused. I'm a fan of Frank but what is the point of getting another version of Frank if the Knicks can't develop players.

I will find it ironic if the same people are against Frank but are rooting to draft this kid.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1949 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 5:37 am

Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

I think you're confused. I'm a fan of Frank but what is the point of getting another version of Frank if the Knicks can't develop players.

I will find it ironic if the same people are against Frank but are rooting to draft this kid.

I'm not confused. I hadn't said anything about bringing Frank back but I agree with you. Frank should stay in Dallas if he can. Coming back to the Knicks right now is not a good idea.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#1950 » by thebuzzardman » Mon May 16, 2022 10:17 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:True. He lost his confidence here but he's still young and has a good coach to teach him.

So in his 4 or 5th year he's playing 15 mpg off the bench?

I guess this is the bar for Knicks first rounders now. I guess it is, considering how much Knox and Obi play(ed)
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1951 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Mon May 16, 2022 4:57 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

I guess this is the bar for Knicks first rounders now. I guess it is, considering how much Knox and Obi play(ed)

5th year.

But, counterpoint, he spent the first 4 of those on the **** Knicks roster. So that time's, overall, approximately -2 years in development terms.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#1952 » by 2010 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:01 pm

If we don’t move up, one of these players will be available:

• Mathurin
• Davis
• Daniels
• Washington
• Sochan
• Duren

If we move up the best fits are:

• Ivey
• Sharpe

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Post#1953 » by Richard4444 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:02 pm

About Frank, we need to face some facts.

1) He is playing only 11 minutes on average in this series.

2) The other options for Dallas to play in his position are Sterling Brown and sophomore Josh Green.

3) He still sucks in the offensive end.

4) I always thought Frank could be in the rotation if we had a high-usage player star like Doncic. We dont have someone like Doncic. So we need everybody attacking.

5) Frank can defend more aggressively in the playoffs because there are not so many calls.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Post#1954 » by Richard4444 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:16 pm

2010 wrote:If we don’t move up, one of these players will be available:

• Mathurin
• Davis
• Daniels
• Washington
• Sochan

• Ivey
• Sharpe
• Duren

I think Duren can be available even if we do not move up. Teams are avoiding drafting traditional Centers at the lottery. Besides, a lot of teams ahead of us have a logjam at the Center Spot. Kings (Sabonis, Holmes, Queta); Pelicans (JV, Hayes, Willy); Wizards (KP, Gafford), Spurs (Poetl, Landale, ZCollins).

It can also be our target Dieng (we like French Guys), Agbaji (we like seniors), Eason (we like PFs, and Thibs can play him as SF).
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
RealGM

Post#1955 » by 2010 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:21 pm

Richard4444 wrote:

• Mathurin
• Davis
• Daniels
• Washington
• Sochan

• Ivey
• Sharpe
• Duren

I think Duren can be available even if we do not move up. Teams are avoiding drafting traditional Centers at the lottery. Besides, a lot of teams ahead of us have a logjam at the Center Spot. Kings (Sabonis, Holmes, Queta); Pelicans (JV, Hayes, Willy); Wizards (KP, Gafford), Spurs (Poetl, Landale, ZCollins).

It can also be our target Dieng (we like French Guys), Agbaji (we like seniors), Eason (we like PFs, and Thibs can play him as SF).

That was an error on my part. I put Duren in the wrong category. He was intended to go with the group in the conversation if we stay at 11 or drop to 12.

RealGM

Post#1956 » by 2010 » Mon May 16, 2022 8:28 pm

Johnny Davis had a good college season and should be solid in the NBA, but is he really better as a prospect than a guy like Josh Hart?

WargamesX
General Manager

Post#1957 » by WargamesX » Mon May 16, 2022 8:39 pm

2010 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

• Mathurin
• Davis
• Daniels
• Washington
• Sochan

• Ivey
• Sharpe
• Duren

That was an error on my part. I put Duren in the wrong category. He was intended to go with the group in the conversation if we stay at 11 or drop to 12.

Duren has already shown signs he can defend the perimeter. I think he goes top 10. Size wise he is close to being like Bam, but way less offense.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,329

Post#1958 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon May 16, 2022 8:54 pm

None of these centers are worth a lottery pick, better off just signing McGee in the offseason if we trade Mitch.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1959 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 10:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

Oh stop being such a buzzyman. This is just the beginning of the ascension of Frank. He's found his home. Watch out next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Free Palestine
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#1960 » by WargamesX » Mon May 16, 2022 10:46 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:None of these centers are worth a lottery pick, better off just signing McGee in the offseason if we trade Mitch.

McGee who was part of that Suns game 7 fiasco? No thank you.

draft Mitch, keep Mitch.

I do agree with you about drafting a center. It doesn’t make sense. Just draft a wing.

Return to New York Knicks