ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Juluis Randle a fraud?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Is Randle A Fraud?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 101

NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Re: Is Juluis Randle a fraud? 

Post#121 » by NYKat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:The poll numbers say a lot BTW

I didn’t expect a two-thirds consensus, but there you have it

It’s ridiculous, and just shows how reactionary everybody is around here

the guy drops 31 and 12 in a win and not even a full week later he is fraud that fans are exploring trade packages for…

Can’t make it up
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,700

Post#122 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:26 pm

I'm going to make a "Is Thibs the right coach for us?" thread.
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,319

Post#123 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:28 pm

NYKat wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:The poll numbers say a lot BTW

I didn’t expect a two-thirds consensus, but there you have it

It’s ridiculous, and just shows how reactionary everybody is around here

the guy drops 31 and 12 in a win and not even a full week later he is fraud that fans are exploring trade packages for…

Can’t make it up

OK, we're all frauds. Meanwhile, if you really want to discuss it you can address our actual concerns which are not hard to understand
ImageImageImage
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#124 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:32 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
That take is spot on to me. JR is guarding his turf. We need them both cooking to have any chance. I'd like to see a players only meeting happen. They're not playing in concert.

Berman wrote it so......

Yall love gossip. Still stuck in 2009. Either the Knicks are good or they aren't good. Boring, I know but everything else is just bull rumors. Berman has no idea what these guys feel about eachother and neither do we.

Berman has nothing to do with what I said, nor do feelings. This is an observation that 2010 made and I agree with. The starting lineup is not playing in concert right now. It's my turn, your turn and the players aren't good enough for that. To make no mention of defense.

Oh for sure. I'm not saying the ingredients aren't there, I just refuse to watch this turn into a soap opera which is what we've been used to for so long. Randle needs to get this **** together because I disagree with the critics. It's like they watched the Knicks play hard last yr and almost enjoy hating on it.

This year they just gotta do it. Do your job. Randles gotta organize his shooting session and be the leader he was last yr. Kemba needs to be more aggressive. His defense isn't gonna improve and that's a damn shame but gimme the offense you gave last night, every night. He's only playing a half game anyway, ball our. Stop deferring and make **** happen. RJ needs to do what he started this year saying, play defense. You see, RJ came in playing defense and his offense was in the dumps. Then he started hitting his shots, got full of himself and toned back the defense. I don't care if he scores 15. It may suck for his legacy but score your 15 efficiently and truly become a great defender and F the critics.

The rest of the guys doing poorly are basically system players and I think they're doing poorly cuz of Thibs. Would I love everybody to be like Peyton and Bullock? Nope, I'd like them to be better and they are but you can motivate Peyton and Bullock with that defense/2 pass offense. I think you're right and they aren't on the same page but I think Thibs is the one responsible. I think everything you speak of is a play calling problem and because of it new guys aren't buying into the defense
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,497

Post#125 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#126 » by Jimmit79 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 pm

The ppl hating on Randle after signing max deal imagine what they will do to RJ once he signs max deal lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,700

Post#127 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:48 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Do we know what his contractual bonuses are?

Because if that is true, it definitely matches up with the way he is playing. I’ve seen him fight teammates for boards this season and its disgusting

Read on Twitter

I’m sad, I forgot he has a trade kicker.

Ugh, 15%, Sorry Dolan, pay up

Those incentives are big so seems he is tanking on the defensive end to focus on gobbling up boards and jack shots. Sigh

This is the truth: He did NOT give NY a discount. He was lucky he got as much as he did based on how atrocious he was vs. ATL. The FO probably thought the incentives were a clever motivator, but it is backfiring and he is just whoring for stats. It takes way more intensity and energy to win defensive honors than it does to ballhog for stats

At this rate, he'll never make that $10+ million bonus because he sure isn't making any all-defense team.

I don't like the 15% trade kicker, though I seem to recall them getting renegotiated if it's the sticking point and the player wants to move on. I can't remember the specifics so I could be wrong on that. Also, the option year should always be a team option unless we're talking about a generational talent. What would Randle say at that point anyhow? Blow up the deal after coming off that playoff performance? So that was weak on our (i.e. Leon's :lol: ) part.

On the players' only meeting, I heard Clyde and Albert talking about how Fournier took a stand and complained about the lack of ball movement, i.e. Randle being a ball hog, which is probably why we didn't see Randle hardly take a shot in the 1st quarter against the Hornets. Did he got all butt hurt over it? I dunno. Anyhow, the starting lineup just doesn't play with any kind of flow yet.
Free Palestine
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,520

Post#128 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:49 pm

BugginOut wrote:This thread is going to look so stupid in a month, like every other reactionary thread this board makes

We got an allstar/all-NBA who is a guaranteed 20/10/5 every night on a below market contract.

Say what you want about Randle, but he is head and shoulders the best player on a winning team. If you want him to defer more get a player better than him. Every other player on this team, except Rose, looks scared to take a shot. Randle can’t force Kemba and Fournier to generate offense

Derrick Rose is our best player. All the regular season numbers point towards this, as does our record before and after the Rose trade, but it became crystal clear in the playoffs.

20-10-5 are raw numbers. If your scoring numbers are not efficient, and your assists are the byproduct of a style of play that's not actually conducive to team play, then these numbers are highly misleading. Westbrook's style of play has not been conducive to winning the last couple of years, yet he's been a 20-10-10 guy. Volume doesn't mean much when it's not accompanied by efficiency. Domantas Sabonis was also a 20-10-5 guy last year - is he a top 3 guy on a championship team? I don't think so. He's a 6th man on a great team imo.

All-Star, All-NBA are perception awards. They're in large part based on narratives - they're not necessarily rooted in facts.

Al Jefferson, Carlos Boozer, David Lee, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Victor Oladipo all made All-NBA teams. None of these guys was a relevant NBA player in the grand scheme of things. History will not remember them. Their team simply overachieved one year, and one player had to get rewarded, however disproportionate. That's how it goes.

People fell for the hype with KP as well.

Julius is just another false prophet. He's KP part deux.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#129 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hate when people do that though.

Attribute claims made by different people to the same imaginary person, just to make everybody that disagrees with you sound dumb and hypocritical.

That's incredibly dishonest.

I don't know why I'm taking this seriously lol but that's a a-hole move.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#130 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Attribute claims made by different people to the same imaginary person, just to make everybody that disagrees with you sound dumb and hypocritical.

He’s saying people being too over reactionary. Let’s see how he looks by the all star break at least
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#131 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
BugginOut wrote:This thread is going to look so stupid in a month, like every other reactionary thread this board makes

We got an allstar/all-NBA who is a guaranteed 20/10/5 every night on a below market contract.

Say what you want about Randle, but he is head and shoulders the best player on a winning team. If you want him to defer more get a player better than him. Every other player on this team, except Rose, looks scared to take a shot. Randle can’t force Kemba and Fournier to generate offense

Derrick Rose is our best player. All the regular season numbers point towards this, as does our record before and after the Rose trade, but it became crystal clear in the playoffs.

20-10-5 are raw numbers. If your scoring numbers are not efficient, and your assists are the byproduct of a style of play that's not actually conducive to team play, then these numbers are highly misleading. Westbrook's style of play has not been conducive to winning the last couple of years, yet he's been a 20-10-10 guy. Volume doesn't mean much when it's not accompanied by efficiency. Domantas Sabonis was also a 20-10-5 guy last year - is he a top 3 guy on a championship team? I don't think so. He's a 6th man on a great team imo.

All-Star, All-NBA are perception awards. They're in large part based on narratives - they're not necessarily rooted in facts.

Al Jefferson, Carlos Boozer, David Lee, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Victor Oladipo all made All-NBA teams. None of these guys was a relevant NBA player in the grand scheme of things. History will not remember them. Their team simply overachieved one year, and one player had to get rewarded, however disproportionate. That's how it goes.

People fell for the hype with KP as well.

Julius is just another false prophet. He's KP part deux.

To be fair to Randle his regular season last year was significantly better than any whole season KP had as a Knick

Still, Randle's playoff performance puts a damper on last season anyway. I don't recall anyone making the All-Star game being that abysmal in the playoffs
ImageImageImage
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#132 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

He’s saying people being too over reactionary. Let’s see how he looks by the all star break at least

Yeah but I don't think anybody who said Randle should've won MVP or been in that conversation are now saying he should be benched or traded.

The fans who believed he deserved All-NBA are likely the one saying we should be patient.

The fans who didn't believe he deserved All-NBA or that he was carrying the team are likely to be the ones saying he shouldn't be starting or playing for this ball club.

This guy just arbitrarily chose to give Randle the benefit of the doubt, and dismisses anybody who questions Randle as hypocritical or crazy, because the possibility that they might be right threatens his sense of optimism, which he needs to cope with the reality of being a fan of a cursed franchise. That's it. Chanel sees through people.

PS: I don't mind people saying we should be patient with Randle. I personally disagree, but it's definitely not an unreasonable take. But no need (in this guy's case) to distort reality to dismiss other opinions.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#133 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Put it this way:

Many here are saying Randle needs to get back to last season's form. That means play defense, move the ball, be a leader, etc.

There is no reasonable explanation for his about face other than effort

I'm sure many giving him the business now will give him back his props if he changes course

So consider these warning shots from the most intense fan base in the NBA. It's not coming from nowhere

If he does correct himself it will not be like we were blowing smoke or that you should ride your horse through the forum like Napoleon Bonaparte (though I can't stop you, because I know you would).

And if he doesn't correct himself, it will be a damn shame, because we're not wrong about his current level of play

It's not like we have a choice to wait until mid-season to see how it goes with Randle, but judgment has already been passed based on the playoffs and his early season play. It's up to him to reverse those opinions which are substantially more than random hot takes
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#134 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:09 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’m sad, I forgot he has a trade kicker.

Ugh, 15%, Sorry Dolan, pay up

Those incentives are big so seems he is tanking on the defensive end to focus on gobbling up boards and jack shots. Sigh

This is the truth: He did NOT give NY a discount. He was lucky he got as much as he did based on how atrocious he was vs. ATL. The FO probably thought the incentives were a clever motivator, but it is backfiring and he is just whoring for stats. It takes way more intensity and energy to win defensive honors than it does to ballhog for stats

At this rate, he'll never make that $10+ million bonus because he sure isn't making any all-defense team.

I don't like the 15% trade kicker, though I seem to recall them getting renegotiated if it's the sticking point and the player wants to move on. I can't remember the specifics so I could be wrong on that. Also, the option year should always be a team option unless we're talking about a generational talent. What would Randle say at that point anyhow? Blow up the deal after coming off that playoff performance? So that was weak on our (i.e. Leon's :lol: ) part.

On the players' only meeting, I heard Clyde and Albert talking about how Fournier took a stand and complained about the lack of ball movement, i.e. Randle being a ball hog, which is probably why we didn't see Randle hardly take a shot in the 1st quarter against the Hornets. Did he got all butt hurt over it? I dunno. Anyhow, the starting lineup just doesn't play with any kind of flow yet.

The Knicks are a very dangerous place for French people
ImageImageImage
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#135 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:12 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:I hate when people do that though.

Yeah but I don't think anybody who said Randle should've won MVP or been in that conversation are now saying he should be benched or traded.

The fans who believed he deserved All-NBA are likely the one saying we should be patient.

The fans who didn't believe he deserved All-NBA or that he was carrying the team are likely to be the ones saying he shouldn't be starting or playing for this ball club.

This guy just arbitrarily chose to give Randle the benefit of the doubt, and dismisses anybody who questions Randle as hypocritical or crazy, because the possibility that they might be right threatens his sense of optimism, which he needs to cope with the reality of being a fan of a cursed franchise. That's it. Chanel sees through people.

PS: I don't mind people saying we should be patient with Randle. I personally disagree, but it's definitely not an unreasonable take. But no need (in this guy's case) to distort reality to dismiss other opinions.

Oh there’s plenty of people who was overrating Randle last year that want him benched or traded now. Just look at the Prime Melo vs Randle thread. I think that’s his point. A lot of people who were on his nuts last year are turning on him when it’s still early in the season. The over reactionary people. That’s who he was referring to, or at least that’s how I interpreted it
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#136 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:He’s saying people being too over reactionary. Let’s see how he looks by the all star break at least

Oh there’s plenty of people who was overrating Randle last year that want him benched or traded now. Just look at the Prime Melo vs Randle thread. I think that’s his point. A lot of people who were on his nuts last year are turning on him when it’s still early in the season. The over reactionary people. That’s who he was referring to, or at least that’s how I interpreted it

On his nuts?

No, he was really good last year and then he was garbage in the playoffs
ImageImageImage
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#137 » by 2010 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:43 am

Randle just needs to move the ball, defend, and play with effort. You know, the same way he was playing when we started off 5-1. He does that, and all the chatter will stop.

The problem is he keeps underestimating New York. He tried that his first season here when he kept playing like a selfish dolt, tryna do it all by himself, and almost ran himself outta town.

You cannot fool this city, the fans, or the media for too long. The microscope is too large here.

When you overplay the role you’re supposed to be in, we’ll see it. When you stat-pad, we’ll see it. When you play selfishly for stats and contract incentives, we”ll see it. When you lack energy and effort, we’ll see it. When you steal rebounds from your fellow teammates, we’ll see it. When you sulk when your teammates are rolling, we’ll see it. When you love it when we chant MVP for you, but get butthurt when we chant O-BI for your vastly improved backup, we see it. When you don’t help the helper and take defensive possessions off then jog back on D and get beat by your man, we’ll see it. When you haven’t dived for a loose 50/50 ball this season (yet hurt role players like Mitch and Noel have – countless times), we’ll notice we haven’t seen it.

When you front like you’re a hardworking leader by example, yet we’ve literally seen Patrick Ewing sweat buckets on The Garden floor, protecting the paint…and the whole damn building, we will see it.

Yo Julius Randle, this ain’t Dallas Texas!
Bingo Bong — THIS IS NEW YORK!!!

Stop tryna PLAY US and get back to PLAYING THE RIGHT WAY!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#138 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:51 am

2010 wrote:Randle just needs to move the ball, defend, and play with effort. You know, the same way he was playing when we started off 5-1. He does that, and all the chatter will stop.

The problem is he keeps underestimating New York. You cannot fool this city, the fans, or the media for too long. The microscope is too large here.

When you overplay the role you’re supposed to be in, we’ll see it. When you stat-pad, we’ll see it. When you play selfishly for stats and contract incentives, we”ll see it. When you lack energy and effort, we’ll see it. When you steal rebounds from your fellow teammates, we’ll see it. When you sulk when your teammates are rolling, we’ll see it. When you love it when we chant MVP for you, but get butthurt when we chant O-BI for your vastly improved backup, we see it. When you don’t help the helper and take defensive possessions off then jog back on D and get beat by your man, we’ll see it. When you haven’t dived for a loose 50/50 ball this season (yet hurt role players like Mitch and Noel have – countless times), we’ll notice we haven’t seen it.

Sticky this post
ImageImageImage
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#139 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:08 am

2010 wrote:Randle just needs to move the ball, defend, and play with effort. You know, the same way he was playing when we started off 5-1. He does that, and all the chatter will stop.

The problem is he keeps underestimating New York. He tried that his first season here when he kept playing like a selfish dolt, tryna do it all by himself, and almost ran himself outta town.

You cannot fool this city, the fans, or the media for too long. The microscope is too large here.

When you front like you’re a hardworking leader by example, yet we’ve literally seen Patrick Ewing sweat buckets on The Garden floor, protecting the paint…and the whole damn building, we will see it.

And New York fans booed Ewing so bad that he demanded trades to Miami. Don't give Knicks fans any more credit than disloyal whiners who are far too entitled for their basketball history.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,868

Post#140 » by 8516knicks » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I'm going to make a "Is Thibs the right coach for us?" thread.

How about is Thibs mainly responsible for targeting Fournier and washed Kemba ahead of others? And pegleg Nerlens?

Return to New York Knicks