ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Juluis Randle a fraud?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Is Randle A Fraud?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 101

Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,396

Re: Is Juluis Randle a fraud? 

Post#161 » by Guano » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:19 pm

moocow007 wrote:Julius Randle's biggest weakness is the same weakness that Carmelo Anthony had before Knick fans ran Anthony out of town...he's not Lebron James (or similar caliber player). Just like Patrick Ewing's biggest weakness was that he wasn't Michael Jordan.

I think there is truth in this post and the other post that shed light on his actual play being problematic(selfish iso ball with bad effort and weak mentality at times). I think Randle put in the right spot with other really talented players that lift some of the weight off his shoulders can be a key winning player. If RJ turns into Kawhi like I was told he was going to around here it should alleviate some of the burden off Randle.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,421

Post#162 » by JXL » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:39 pm

The problem with Randle (and it was the same with Melo as well) is that they are of the Kobe mindset: taking turnaround fadeaway shots when in the post is the way to get your shot going. Only one problem: ONLY KOBE AND JORDAN PERFECTED THAT SHOT, AND NONE OF THEM ARE THOSE LEGENDS!

There's still hope for Randle though. He just needs to stop taking those kinds of shots and run PnR or PnP with Walker to get his easy shots.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#163 » by F N 11 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:04 pm

moocow007 wrote:Julius Randle's biggest weakness is the same weakness that Carmelo Anthony had before Knick fans ran Anthony out of town...he's not Lebron James (or similar caliber player). Just like Patrick Ewing's biggest weakness was that he wasn't Michael Jordan.

Same thing got AI out the league. At a certain point the game changes and guys have to adjust to impact winning.

Everyone saying “look at Carmelo now”. Well duhhh, he finally embraces catch and shoot which is what people have been saying for years. Randle is not even accepting catch and shoot on wide open shots.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#164 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:13 pm

Wandle
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#165 » by HEZI » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:13 pm

Do people really want to make that Melo comp because it only helps the case against Randle.

Melo went from being the main guy in NY to 3rd banana and failing in OKC to Houston and failing to out the league to now accepting vet min deals to come off the bench. And not only that but he had to do what folks in NY said he had to do which was lose weight and become more catch and shoot and defer to others.

So if you really want to make that comp then yes it’s a good one and we have every right to be on Randles case because how we were right about Melo we are right about Randle
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#166 » by Marty McFly » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:27 pm

to whom? he was always a third best player on a championship contending team to me. that doesn't make him fraud.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,514

Post#167 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:41 pm

Randle doesn't belong in the same sentence as Carmelo Anthony and Patrick Ewing though. I agree these two were underappreciated. Melo and Ewing are all-time greats, Hall-of-Famers, who were failed by New York's front office.

Among all 15 All-NBA players last year, Randle ranked last in scoring efficiency, last in on/off per 100 possessions, and second-to-last in net rating. He's an outsider. He doesn't impact the game like these elite players do.

Randle simply doesn't belong among the NBA's elite. I'm not blaming him for it, but I am critical of him playing as if he did.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#168 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:41 pm

F N 11 wrote:

Same thing got AI out the league. At a certain point the game changes and guys have to adjust to impact winning.

Everyone saying “look at Carmelo now”. Well duhhh, he finally embraces catch and shoot which is what people have been saying for years. Randle is not even accepting catch and shoot on wide open shots.

Not sure you realize but Melo is playing with Lebron and AD. There’s a reason why he’s getting wide open looks there, that he never got on the Knicks. Melo is playing with elite talent there that’s making his life easy. On the knicks? His second best player was JR Smith.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,252

Post#169 » by DOT » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:12 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:

Randle doesn't belong in the same sentence as Carmelo Anthony and Patrick Ewing though. I agree these two were underappreciated. Melo and Ewing are all-time greats, Hall-of-Famers, who were failed by New York's front office.

Among all 15 All-NBA players last year, Randle ranked last in scoring efficiency, last in on/off per 100 possessions, and second-to-last in net rating. He's an outsider. He doesn't impact the game like these elite players do.

Randle simply doesn't belong among the NBA's elite. I'm not blaming him for it, but I am critical of him playing as if he did.

I think just blithely dismissing criticism as "oh, you're just mad he isn't LeBron" is a bit patronizing

His biggest weakness is his inconsistent effort. He was locked in for almost the entirety of last season, but this season it comes and goes. And I don't even have to pull up the stats to tell you that, it's evident from just watching him that he's not giving 100% all the time

Of course, you can get away with that if your team can coast to the playoffs and you turn it on then, but we really can't, and he's shown nothing to indicate that he can

I'm not asking him to be LeBron, or Giannis, or Jokic, or whoever, I want him to be the Julius Randle we saw last year. And right now, he's not that.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,599

Post#170 » by El Poochio » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:20 am

Juluis Randle is definitely a fraud since he is not Julius

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#171 » by F N 11 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:40 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

Not sure you realize but Melo is playing with Lebron and AD. There’s a reason why he’s getting wide open looks there, that he never got on the Knicks. Melo is playing with elite talent there that’s making his life easy. On the knicks? His second best player was JR Smith.

I hear you but Lebron only played 6 games. Good point but Melo did t embrace catch and shoot until blazers on.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,372

Post#172 » by Zenzibar » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:02 am

BugginOut wrote:This thread is going to look so stupid in a month, like every other reactionary thread this board makes

We got an allstar/all-NBA who is a guaranteed 20/10/5 every night on a below market contract.

Say what you want about Randle, but he is head and shoulders the best player on a winning team. If you want him to defer more get a player better than him. Every other player on this team, except Rose, looks scared to take a shot. Randle can’t force Kemba and Fournier to generate offense

But as the captain you have to do something to get that +/- on the right side of things. Personally, Randle seems like a good dude and so I want to see him succeed. But I want the NY Knicks to succeed more than just one single player's success.

Like for every collective unit, for each and many years, I want the team not just to do well, but play with great energy and move the fkn ball. That's all.

It may be me, but smart ball movement and great defense is just prettier to watch.
Stop All Genocides
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#173 » by Jay10 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:56 am

The starters are deferring to him too much. They're treating him the way the Lakers did with Kobe in his final season.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#174 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:46 am

Guano wrote:

I think there is truth in this post and the other post that shed light on his actual play being problematic(selfish iso ball with bad effort and weak mentality at times). I think Randle put in the right spot with other really talented players that lift some of the weight off his shoulders can be a key winning player. If RJ turns into Kawhi like I was told he was going to around here it should alleviate some of the burden off Randle.

Yeah at it's core Randle is what he is right? He's a very talented offensive player that you probably don't want to be the no.1 option (and definitely not be CLEARLY the best player) on a top tier team. That's the reality Randle and the Knicks (still) are in. So it's easy to say that Randle should do this or that and the other thing better and be like a superstar player that this team needs. But no one should be expecting that anymore than anyone should have expected Carmelo Anthony to have the same type of impact as if Lebron had decided for NY instead of Miami. And yet fans keep falling into that trap. They look at their best player and expect (rather unrealistically) him to be able to do the things that the other teams best player does. And when he can't, the player sucks and trade him for a wing and a prayer (cause that obviously works).

For Randle to do well you need someone that can get him the ball in more situations where he's already on the move and near the basket. So he can use his terrific offensive feel to get easy shots. The Knicks? They need Randle to handle the ball and run the offense cause...again...they do NOT have anyone that is able to do that consistently. Elfrid Payton was the Knicks starting PG last season. Payton wouldn't even be the backup PG on the majority of the NBA teams. Walker was supposed to be a significant upgrade over Payton and so far he's just been an upgrade (in part cause you can't possibly be less of a starting PG than Elfrid Payton). And yet, fans want the Knicks and Randle to do what again? Let someone else run the offense OR for Randle to be Lebron James or Luka Doncic from an running the offense standpoint? The former is easier said than done. The later is the biggest problem that the Knicks have had for more than 2 decades...they simply have not been able to build a team where more than one star in his prime is on the team. And you simply cannot win in the NBA with just one star UNLESS that star is of a prime time Lebron James caliber player. And even then guys like Lebron and MJ couldn't do it by themselves. So why would anyone expect anything remotely close for Julius Randle?

Again I get fans for being upset. But being upset and blaming Randle for it is unfair. It's the front office's job to bring in talent so that each player is able to be put into best positions to do well. For the Knicks, Randle's "position" has and still is a Lebron James level "position". And that's just nuts cause he's not that type of talent. Which again goes back to every star that the Knicks have had since the 73 Knicks (Bernard King by himself, MRR by himself, Ewing by himself, Starbury by himself, Carmelo by himself and now Randle by himself). Got to be a little realistic here...

It's why I've kept on harping that this team is not enough and IF the plan is to really do something in the playoffs you need to be able to put your cards on the table and make a move for that 2nd star that is in his prime (so no...not Rose and not what we've seen of Walker). Get that top tier guard that can and should be doing the things that Randle so far has been forced to do and let Randle succeed by doing what he's best at doing rather more than what is realistically fair to expect him to be able to do. But instead we get the IHOP waffling where after every good/great win the Knicks don't need nothing and after every bad lost, blow up the team.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:50 am

Jay10 wrote:The starters are deferring to him too much. They're treating him the way the Lakers did with Kobe in his final season.

And that's who's fault if true? Randle's? If Randle is able to force the rest of the starters to defer to him then I'd question if I want any of those starters to be starting. More likely it's because Thibs game plans it that way or because as of right now and still Randle is by far the best player on this team (which is not a good thing).
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,396

Post#176 » by Guano » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:51 am

moocow007 wrote:
Guano wrote:

Yeah at it's core Randle is what he is right? He's a very talented offensive player that you probably don't want to be the no.1 option (and definitely not be CLEARLY the best player) on a top tier team. That's the reality Randle and the Knicks (still) are in. So it's easy to say that Randle should do this or that and the other thing better and be like a superstar player that this team needs. But no one should be expecting that anymore than anyone should have expected Carmelo Anthony to have the same type of impact as if Lebron had decided for NY instead of Miami. And yet fans keep falling into that trap. They look at their best player and expect (rather unrealistically) him to be able to do the things that the other teams best player does. And when he can't, the player sucks and trade him for a wing and a prayer (cause that obviously works).

For Randle to do well you need someone that can get him the ball in more situations where he's already on the move and near the basket. So he can use his terrific offensive feel to get easy shots. The Knicks? They need Randle to handle the ball and run the offense cause...again...they do NOT have anyone that is able to do that consistently. Elfrid Payton was the Knicks starting PG last season. Payton wouldn't even be the backup PG on the majority of the NBA teams. Walker was supposed to be a significant upgrade over Payton and so far he's just been an upgrade (in part cause you can't possibly be less of a starting PG than Elfrid Payton). And yet, fans want the Knicks and Randle to do what again? Let someone else run the offense OR for Randle to be Lebron James or Luka Doncic from an running the offense standpoint? The former is easier said than done. The later is the biggest problem that the Knicks have had for more than 2 decades...they simply have not been able to build a team where more than one star in his prime is on the team. And you simply cannot win in the NBA with just one star UNLESS that star is of a prime time Lebron James caliber player. And even then guys like Lebron and MJ couldn't do it by themselves. So why would anyone expect anything remotely close for Julius Randle?

Again I get fans for being upset. But being upset and blaming Randle for it is unfair. It's the front office's job to bring in talent so that each player is able to be put into best positions to do well. For the Knicks, Randle's "position" has and still is a Lebron James level "position". And that's just nuts cause he's not that type of talent. Which again goes back to every star that the Knicks have had since the 73 Knicks (Bernard King by himself, MRR by himself, Ewing by himself, Starbury by himself, Carmelo by himself and now Randle by himself). Got to be a little realistic here...

It's why I've kept on harping that this team is not enough and IF the plan is to really do something in the playoffs you need to be able to put your cards on the table and make a move for that 2nd star that is in his prime (so no...not Rose and not what we've seen of Walker). Get that top tier guard that can and should be doing the things that Randle so far has been forced to do and let Randle succeed by doing what he's best at doing rather more than what is realistically fair to expect him to be able to do. But instead we get the IHOP waffling where after every good/great win the Knicks don't need nothing and after every bad lost, blow up the team.

this is good life advice, too. don't place expectations on people that are unrealistic - it's bad for everyone involved.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:52 am

F N 11 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Same thing got AI out the league. At a certain point the game changes and guys have to adjust to impact winning.

I hear you but Lebron only played 6 games. Good point but Melo did t embrace catch and shoot until blazers on.

The Knicks needed Melo to be more than just catch and shoot is the problem with this.
APE
Junior
And1: 549

Post#178 » by APE » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:34 pm

Him & Kemba need to figure out how to play together.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#179 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:29 pm

HEZI wrote:Do people really want to make that Melo comp because it only helps the case against Randle.

Melo went from being the main guy in NY to 3rd banana and failing in OKC to Houston and failing to out the league to now accepting vet min deals to come off the bench. And not only that but he had to do what folks in NY said he had to do which was lose weight and become more catch and shoot and defer to others.

So if you really want to make that comp then yes it’s a good one and we have every right to be on Randles case because how we were right about Melo we are right about Randle

You just described any top tier player that failed to win anything all by himself. Charles Barkley...failure and a bum. Heck by this analogy John Stockton and Karl Malone...even though they had each other...are failures and bums. And "we" were not even on the same page when it comes to Anthony so saying that makes no sense and assumptions that isn't valid. You realize that the consistently best player Carmelo Anthony had during his Knicks tenure was JR Smith right? JR Smith...this guy...

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#180 » by seren » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:29 pm

People acting like Randle is disrupting a well oiled machine. Let’s get real.

Return to New York Knicks