ImageImageImageImageImage

Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

IQ Vs Maxey

Maxey
54%
Quickley
46%

Total votes: 145

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,261

Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley 

Post#1 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Everybody put your bias aside. Who would you take

With Simmons out, Maxey has been killing with a much bigger role

Im convinced Quickley would be able to do the same if god forbid Kemba gets injured

Who yall rolling with?
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,871

Re: Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley 

Post#2 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:25 pm

I have not watched Maxey enough to have an opinion

But I will say when IQ is cooking he can be amazing

I’m happy with watching IQ grow as a player

IQ can be frustrating, but I love his PASSION. He’s a fighter and I think that matters a lot

His talent to be a scorer seems well above average

Looking at RJ struggle now, I think he has passion and grit and desire normally. But IQ has more raw talent to put the ball in the hole. Maybe that’s what matters in the end since they can both fight on the defensive end enough to matter when they put their minds to it
ImageImageImage
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,004

Post#3 » by Reign23 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:35 pm

how on earth could you take IQ here?
formerly known as knickst4pe
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,261

Post#4 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:44 pm

Reign23 wrote:how on earth could you take IQ here?

As I said Maxey actually has a legit opportunity as a starter

I feel like IQ would shine in the same circumstances

Maxey easily having a much better season. No arguments there
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#5 » by DOT » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:46 pm

Oh for f*cks sake.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#6 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Didn’t Maxey get picked before the Knicks even had an opportunity to take him? If so, we never passed on Maxey for IQ. So this thread is pointless.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#7 » by WajaBawl » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Read on Twitter
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,659

Post#8 » by DaGawd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Knick fans have lil dick syndrome lol.. of course it’s Maxey.. nothing wrong with that tho
BaF
Washington Wizards
WajaBawl
Starter

Post#9 » by WajaBawl » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:08 pm

IQ is the same player he was coming into the league. Floater and a 3, those are his only two moves. Based on the season so far, I genuinely cannot tell you what he worked offensively this past off-season to get better.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,290

Post#10 » by RHODEY » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:12 pm

Reign23 wrote:how on earth could you take IQ here?

Did you watch Maxey when we played him? He's not all that.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,473

Post#11 » by HerSports85 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,126

Post#12 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:18 pm

WajaBawl wrote:IQ is the same player he was coming into the league. Floater and a 3, those are his only two moves. Based on the season so far, I genuinely cannot tell you what he worked offensively this past off-season to get better.

He said he been working on his mid range but I haven’t seen it at all
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#13 » by 2010 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:20 pm

WajaBawl wrote:IQ is the same player he was coming into the league. Floater and a 3, those are his only two moves. Based on the season so far, I genuinely cannot tell you what he worked offensively this past off-season to get better.

To be fair earlier on IQ’s shot just wasn’t falling. Now they’re starting to go in.

But you can tell he has improved his handle, his shooting from 3 off the dribble, his layup package, and his defense. He’s even tried to show a it more court vision too.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
WajaBawl
Starter

Post#14 » by WajaBawl » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:24 pm

2010 wrote:

To be fair earlier on IQ’s shot just wasn’t falling. Now they’re starting to go in.

But you can tell he has improved his handle, his shooting from 3 off the dribble, his layup package, and his defense.

I guess more specifically I meant finishing moves. He said he'd worked on his mid-range all summer. Haven't seen him take a single one. Most of his drives to the rim are high off the glass/floater off the glass finishes. I saw him do that last year as well.

I'll give him credit for his handles and defense especially, but that's about it. Offensively he still looks the same to me.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,286

Post#15 » by Zenzibar » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:51 pm

IQ for me. Let him start and let's even the playing field.

Also, I'd like to see Maxey's stats once Embiid returns and demands the ball. But we all know that Randle will never let IQ shine like this.
Stop All Genocides
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,432

Post#16 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:06 pm

maxey is better right now. no question. he's way more efficient. could quick one day be better ? who knows. he'll probably never get enough minutes here for it to happen though because we're not interested in developing or even letting the kids shine to increase their value for this supposed superstar trade we're gonna use them for. the knicks brain trust are a dumb bunch. then again, most of you wanted to bench him after 5 or so games because he struggled a little, so you're no better.

maxey got 31 minutes in october before anyone was hurt and averaged 15. in november he's getting 40 minutes and averaging 20. quick gets 16 minutes a game and averages 7. you gotta play to put up numbers.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,045

Post#17 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:23 pm

god shammgod wrote:maxey is better right now. no question. he's way more efficient. could quick one day be better ? who knows. he'll probably never get enough minutes here for it to happen though because we're not interested in developing or even letting the kids shine to increase their value for this supposed superstar trade we're gonna use them for. the knicks brain trust are a dumb bunch. then again, most of you wanted to bench him after 5 or so games because he struggled a little, so you're no better.

maxey got 31 minutes in october before anyone was hurt and averaged 15. in november he's getting 40 minutes and averaging 20. quick gets 16 minutes a game and averages 7. you gotta play to put up numbers.

They have different games though, what's happening for Maxey isn't just minutes, his shot is coming around. He had the handle / finishing that IQ lacked but his 3 point shot was trash, now he's hitting threes and it's hard to guard him. IQ doesnt have his burst/finishing ability.
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,060

Post#18 » by TerrenceClarke » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:28 pm

Maxey ... He actually has a legit handle. IQ handle is ass overall. Its what limits his ability to be starter. Maxey was considered the better player since College. IQ basically became a bench player at UK because of Maxey coming in.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#19 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:34 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

He said he been working on his mid range but I haven’t seen it at all

I can tell he's worked on his dribble to set up the 3 and the mid range.
(yes, both shots abandoned him for a while)
He obviously worked, in some way, in trying to improve his PG skills.
I think he's a little better driving the ball, not exactly a strength to begin with, and again, I think the dribble was worked on to add to him being a little more elusive in general.
I'm not sure if he worked on them enough - who knows. Maybe he slacked and got into the NBA famous lifestyle a bit too much, but I doubt he slacked completely off.

Also, Maxey clearly better than IQ.
And drafted before IQ, so wut?
Other than, Knicks stay mediocre and can never quite get the deal done to really get the better guy they really want, see Duarte, Chris, etc in this draft.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#20 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:36 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Maxey ... He actually has a legit handle. IQ handle is ass overall. Its what limits his ability to be starter. Maxey was considered the better player since College. IQ basically became a bench player at UK because of Maxey coming in.

Yet you can tell IQ did, in fact, work on his handle, or at least some moves with it. He's starting from a less place, but he did do some work. Again, maybe not enough and IQ had to learn just what level of maniacal off season work it takes to get better at the NBA level

Return to New York Knicks