ImageImageImageImageImage

Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

IQ Vs Maxey

Maxey
54%
Quickley
46%

Total votes: 145

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Re: Tyrese Maxey VS Immanuel Quickley 

Post#201 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:18 am

Gravy wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Gravy wrote:IQ kinda sucked for half the season in a backup role. I dont see how starting would have turned him into Maxey

Oh another Maxey is this unbelievable talent but quick is not.. Yawn

Maybe bc when quick actually got starter minutes and actually started he looked great? Oh forgot games didn't matter, doesn't count crowd.

Maxey started 8 games his rookie season while IQ started 3.... Maxey started 74 games his sophomore season while IQ, u guessed it started THREE. But that doesn't account for Maxey being further along in his development right guys? Nope.

So IQ played more minutes than Maxey his rookie season 19.4 compared to 15.3 for Maxey... And guess what? IQ scored more points 11.4 for IQ while Maxey scored 8. It's almost like if u play more minutes u get better production... Crazy concept I know :roll:

How about we just shelve this discussion until next season bc it's getting ridiculous how many ppl wanna appoint Maxey and throw IQ to the sharks when the have similar numbers....

IQ played more minutes this season than his rookie year and his points, field goal, 3pt and free throw percentages actually all went down

No perspective bro...

He was learning to run the point. Does that not matter?

And my point about minutes was that in they rookie seasons IQ played more minutes and scored more points.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Post#202 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:23 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Let's say Quickley becomes better than Maxey... look, I can dream, can't I?

Kentucky guards stay being underrated though. Hmmm. Hard look at TyTy?
Better than Maxey at what? Being a PG without having 2 MVPs and a loaded team to pass to, with 30 percent less minutes? He already is.

Maxey averaged 24ppg, 5apg, 4rpg on 51% shooting in 14 games without Embiid/Harden this season, your posts are peak blind homerism :lol:
He could score 100 points doesn't make him a better PG.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#203 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:25 am

RHODEY wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Better than Maxey at what? Being a PG without having 2 MVPs and a loaded team to pass to, with 30 percent less minutes? He already is.

Maxey averaged 24ppg, 5apg, 4rpg on 51% shooting in 14 games without Embiid/Harden this season, your posts are peak blind homerism :lol:

I'm pretty sure he would never lose minutes at PG to Alec Burks even with Thibs at coach :lol:

Quickly stinks as a PG I really dont know what you are watching but then again you did argue with me about how Brickillian Hayes was this magnificent PG too so there's that
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#204 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:27 am

HEZI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I'm pretty sure he would never lose minutes at PG to Alec Burks even with Thibs at coach :lol:

Quickly stinks as a PG I really dont know what you are watching but then again you did argue with me about how Brickillian Hayes was this magnificent PG too so there's that
I'm pretty sure with Thib as his coach..he would.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#205 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:32 am

RHODEY wrote:
HEZI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:He could score 100 points doesn't make him a better PG.

I'm pretty sure with Thib as his coach..he would.

Mhm :lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#206 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:37 am

HEZI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Now u just sound foolish af bro.... This is the same coach that started Taj Gibson at times, started Elfrid Payton, played Obi 8-9 minutes a game some nights.... He only got 11 minutes this season.

But u for w.e reason wanna use any point to tear down IQ? It's corny for no reason... Why yall going so hard against IQ I don't get it
HEZI
RealGM

Post#207 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:44 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Now u just sound foolish af bro.... This is the same coach that started Taj Gibson at times, started Elfrid Payton, played Obi 8-9 minutes a game some nights.... He only got 11 minutes this season.

But u for w.e reason wanna use any point to tear down IQ? It's corny for no reason... Why yall going so hard against IQ I don't get it

IQ stinks, deal with it and he's gotten over 20 mpg to prove it. Just like your boy Robinson, he aint that good, his numbers prove it and so does the eye test. But you can live in your little dream world and pretend he's something he's not
DENVER NUGGETS
HEZI
RealGM

Post#208 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:49 am

21/8/8 for the 21 year old starting PG on a contender

But he's no Immanuel Quickly though :rofl:
DENVER NUGGETS
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#209 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:50 am

HEZI wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

IQ stinks, deal with it and he's gotten over 20 mpg to prove it. Just like your boy Robinson, he aint that good, his numbers prove it and so does the eye test. But you can live in your little dream world and pretend he's something he's not

Lol, so if IQ stinks that means that Maxey is what an ok/good player? They have pretty similar stats

Both good young players but go ahead and put that crown on Maxeys head and poison IQ's turkey leg :roll: :lol:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,034

Post#210 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:53 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

I'm not going hard at IQ, I'm going hard at yall for just throwing all logical thought out the window on this. If Maxey were on our team and IQ was on the Sixers, and Maxey was posting the same type of numbers with us you'd be laughing at anyone for suggesting IQ is on his level. There are things IQ simply does not do well, that have nothing to do with him "learning a new position" like you keep saying. He doesn't get to the rim and that has nothing to do with playing PG, he gets to the rim at a similar rate as Fournier, do you not see how that's a problem? Maxey is 3x the rate of getting there, and he did it last year as well while not spending much time on the floor with Embiid.

If you don't think Thibs would want a guy at guard who gets to the rim almost as much as RJ you're buggin.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#211 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:55 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Now u just sound foolish af bro.... This is the same coach that started Taj Gibson at times, started Elfrid Payton, played Obi 8-9 minutes a game some nights.... He only got 11 minutes this season.

Lol, so if IQ stinks that means that Maxey is what an ok/good player? They have pretty similar stats

Both good young players but go ahead and put that crown on Maxeys head and poison IQ's turkey leg :roll: :lol:

Yeah they have as similar stats as RJ Barrett and Luka Doncic :lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#212 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:59 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

I'm not going hard at IQ, I'm going hard at yall for just throwing all logical thought out the window on this. If Maxey were on our team and IQ was on the Sixers, and Maxey was posting the same type of numbers with us you'd be laughing at anyone for suggesting IQ is on his level. There are things IQ simply does not do well, that have nothing to do with him "learning a new position" like you keep saying. He doesn't get to the rim and that has nothing to do with playing PG, he gets to the rim at a similar rate as Fournier, do you not see how that's a problem? Maxey is 3x the rate of getting there, and he did it last year as well while not spending much time on the floor with Embiid.

If you don't think Thibs would want a guy at guard who gets to the rim almost as much as RJ you're buggin.

Maxey is clearly ahead of IQ in terms of development, Ive never stated otherwise. He had the entire season to start while IQ started 3 games and only played 23 minutes...

And no I wouldn't be if Maxey were in these ridiculous circumstances with this clueless organization that starts Alec Burks at pg in a lost season and continued to bring IQ off the bench
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#213 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:59 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Don't mind him he's still mad the Knicks and 14 other teams passed on Cole Anthony.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,034

Post#214 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:02 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Now u just sound foolish af bro.... This is the same coach that started Taj Gibson at times, started Elfrid Payton, played Obi 8-9 minutes a game some nights.... He only got 11 minutes this season.

Maxey is clearly ahead of IQ in terms of development, Ive never stated otherwise. He had the entire season to start while IQ started 3 games and only played 23 minutes...

And no I wouldn't be if Maxey were in these ridiculous circumstances with this clueless organization that starts Alec Burks at pg in a lost season and continued to bring IQ off the bench

Burks got a higher percentage of his shots at the rim than IQ. You really don't seem to get how big of a problem that is and maybe one of the reasons why he didn't start.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#215 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:04 am

RHODEY wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Don't mind him he's still mad the Knicks and 14 other teams passed on Cole Anthony.

I'm more upset now that we didn't move up two more spots for Maxey. 23/9/8 in game 2 of the playoffs after dropping 38 for the "not a PG". I know you are real upset right now

Speaking of Cole, IQ is not even on his level but here you are going to war for the worse player once again :lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#216 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:09 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Burks got a higher percentage of his shots at the rim than IQ. You really don't seem to get how big of a problem that is and maybe one of the reasons why he didn't start.

Getting to the rack and improving his dribble is two of the main points I been saying all year that quick needs to work on, along with mid range.

I'm from the hood we worked on our dribble in elementary school and mastered it in middle school bro to not have any type of cross over to shake your man is crazy to me. This was the era of and1 mixtape for us.. However IQ knows what he needs to work on. Hes hungry. I wouldn't doubt him.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#217 » by RHODEY » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:11 am

HEZI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

I'm more upset now that we didn't move up two more spots for Maxey. 23/9/8 in game 2 of the playoffs after dropping 38 for the "not a PG". I know you are real upset right now

Speaking of Cole, IQ is not even on his level but here you are going to war for the worse player once again :lol:
The war for the real estate I own in your head is already over. :-?
HEZI
RealGM

Post#218 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:19 am

RHODEY wrote:
HEZI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Don't mind him he's still mad the Knicks and 14 other teams passed on Cole Anthony.

The war for the real estate I own in your head is already over. :-?

This is how you bow out huh? :lol:
DENVER NUGGETS
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,479

Post#219 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:24 am

HEZI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

I mean IQ probably puts up the same numbers or better than Cole if he got the same 30+ minutes a night that Cole gets in Orlando. Even with his slow start
HEZI
RealGM

Post#220 » by HEZI » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:35 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
HEZI wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Don't mind him he's still mad the Knicks and 14 other teams passed on Cole Anthony.

I mean IQ probably puts up the same numbers or better than Cole if he got the same 30+ minutes a night that Cole gets in Orlando. Even with his slow start

Probably not since he’s not better and actually looks worse in a season where he got more minutes than he did in the season he played less but I guess in the world of playing make believe anything is possible
DENVER NUGGETS

Return to New York Knicks