ImageImageImageImageImage

This team needs Ben Simmons

Moderators: Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, Thugger HBC, mpharris36, NoLayupRule

User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
Posts: 10,999
And1: 18,882
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#41 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:59 pm

We don't have anything they'd want, and you all hated Payton, why would you like 6'10" Payton?
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 23,105
And1: 27,814
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Asheville
     

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#42 » by robillionaire » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:14 pm

Randle at the stretch 5 and Simmons as a point forward and a few of our shooters and that’s an improvement over what we have
Richard4444
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,588
And1: 3,324
Joined: Dec 28, 2018
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
   

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#43 » by Richard4444 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:15 pm

It's very funny how a lot of posters can aggressively trash our roster and at the same time think they can be traded for established stars.

I guess they think our opponents have really dumb front offices.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 66,284
And1: 62,825
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's Stop and Get A Hot Dog
 

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#44 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:35 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:We don't have anything they'd want, and you all hated Payton, why would you like 6'10" Payton?


I think that's most of the point. I'd be interested in a flip situation but not at the price Morey wants.
BAF Clippers
PG: Conley, Melton
SG: SGA, Trent
SF: PG13, Craig
PF: DFS, JM Green
C: Stifle Tower, Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:
"Greatness wasn't worth anything if you couldn't share it."-Kobe
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
Posts: 13,840
And1: 12,655
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#45 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Richard4444 wrote:It's very funny how a lot of posters can aggressively trash our roster and at the same time think they can be traded for established stars.

I guess they think our opponents have really dumb front offices.


Simmons value is so low we could probably get him for Randle straight up!!!!!!

Ingram would be a little more tricky but it can be done!!!!!!

Nobody’s out here saying we should trade our trash for the Lukas of the world!!!!!!!

We’re being realistic here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
Posts: 13,840
And1: 12,655
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#46 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:We don't have anything they'd want, and you all hated Payton, why would you like 6'10" Payton?


I think that's most of the point. I'd be interested in a flip situation but not at the price Morey wants.


Would you do Randle and Rj for Simmons???!!!??????
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 66,284
And1: 62,825
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's Stop and Get A Hot Dog
 

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#47 » by Capn'O » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:45 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:We don't have anything they'd want, and you all hated Payton, why would you like 6'10" Payton?


I think that's most of the point. I'd be interested in a flip situation but not at the price Morey wants.


Would you do Randle and Rj for Simmons???!!!??????


No.
BAF Clippers
PG: Conley, Melton
SG: SGA, Trent
SF: PG13, Craig
PF: DFS, JM Green
C: Stifle Tower, Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:
"Greatness wasn't worth anything if you couldn't share it."-Kobe
User avatar
sol537
RealGM
Posts: 10,050
And1: 1,999
Joined: Nov 07, 2001

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#48 » by sol537 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:51 pm

Randle + Fournier for Simmons + scraps. They'd still need a 3&D point guard, but they'd have a pretty strong big three in Embiid + Randle + Tobias with decent guard depth and 3-pt shooting. And with Randle + Tobias soaking up minutes, Embiid can rest more over the course of the season. I don't see Philly coming away with more talent than what Randle would give them. You can argue against fit, but it's not the worst fit especially if Randle is motivated on defense like he was last season.
User avatar
robillionaire
RealGM
Posts: 23,105
And1: 27,814
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
Location: Asheville
     

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#49 » by robillionaire » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:52 pm

sol537 wrote:Randle + Fournier for Simmons + scraps. They'd still need a 3&D point guard, but they'd have a pretty strong big three in Embiid + Randle + Tobias with decent guard depth and 3-pt shooting. And with Randle + Tobias soaking up minutes, Embiid can rest more over the course of the season. I don't see Philly coming away with more talent than what Randle would give them. You can argue against fit, but it's not the worst fit especially if Randle is motivated on defense like he was last season.


Sounds like a great deal for Philly let’s help them win a championship just to do it
User avatar
sol537
RealGM
Posts: 10,050
And1: 1,999
Joined: Nov 07, 2001

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#50 » by sol537 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:53 pm

We then build around Simmons + IQ + RJ + Obi. Walker could get bought out. Rose + Taj become the veteran teachers teaching the kids how to play and win the right way.
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
Posts: 13,840
And1: 12,655
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#51 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:56 pm

sol537 wrote:We then build around Simmons + IQ + RJ + Obi. Walker could get bought out. Rose + Taj become the veteran teachers teaching the kids how to play and win the right way.


The thing with Simmons is that he allows every other player to be there best offensively!!!!!!!!!

Julius can’t do **** without the ball in his hands!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard4444
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,588
And1: 3,324
Joined: Dec 28, 2018
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
   

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#52 » by Richard4444 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:09 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:It's very funny how a lot of posters can aggressively trash our roster and at the same time think they can be traded for established stars.

I guess they think our opponents have really dumb front offices.


Simmons value is so low we could probably get him for Randle straight up!!!!!!

Ingram would be a little more tricky but it can be done!!!!!!

Nobody’s out here saying we should trade our trash for the Lukas of the world!!!!!!!

We’re being realistic here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


About Randle for Simmons.

1) Simmons's value will not increase for the time being. The sixers are waiting for some team to get desperate and trade a star for peanuts.

2) Randle's value might increase. It's not intelligent to trade an asset when it is undervalued. I think he is trying to adapt. He made a really good game against Chicago who reminded me of last year's Randle. And in the game before, he stop the 2pt jumpers and hit a lot of 3s.

3) The Sixers don't want Randle. He is not a good partner for Embiid. Tobias is a better PF than Randle for the Sixers because he doesn't clog the paint or hold the ball too much. We would have to get a third team evolved that could give a player who the Sixers want and probably this player would be a better fit to us than Simmons is.

About any Ingram trade.

1) Pelicans are not willing to trade Ingram. It's too difficult for a small team like The Pelicans to get a young star player like Ingram in a long deal. They will hold as much as possible. The Pelicans will not rebuild while they have Zion on the roster.

2) Ingram does not have any leverage to ask for a trade. His contract is long. He is not old. He can not threaten to not play because the Pelicans are tanking for this season. He does not have the political power to push for a trade. The Pelicans are not treating him badly like the Sixers did with Simmons to give him an excuse to break bad. He has less leverage than Simmons.
Richard4444
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,588
And1: 3,324
Joined: Dec 28, 2018
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
   

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#53 » by Richard4444 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
sol537 wrote:We then build around Simmons + IQ + RJ + Obi. Walker could get bought out. Rose + Taj become the veteran teachers teaching the kids how to play and win the right way.


The thing with Simmons is that he allows every other player to be there best offensively!!!!!!!!!


Unless if the opponent players keep themselves 3 meters away from him while they block the passing lanes, challenging him to shoot from long range.
nedleeds
Head Coach
Posts: 6,069
And1: 5,134
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Contact:
       

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#54 » by nedleeds » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:15 pm

sol537 wrote:We then build around Simmons + IQ + RJ + Obi. Walker could get bought out. Rose + Taj become the veteran teachers teaching the kids how to play and win the right way.


3 of those guys can't shoot. 1 can't shoot at all even layups, 1 can only shoot layups, 1 can only make stand still 3s for 3-4 game stretches. Can't imagine a worse idea. Simmons is dreadful on offense, and makes almost $40 million, and has injury history, and is a low effort bum off the court.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
User avatar
Marty McFly
RealGM
Posts: 25,409
And1: 7,832
Joined: Sep 15, 2009
     

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#55 » by Marty McFly » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:45 pm

I've been a devil's advocate for Ben but this team would need quite the overhaul for him to reach his potential. RJ and Randle would have to go right off the bat.

you basically have to field a team of 3/D guys for it to work.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 94,717
And1: 21,801
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#56 » by moocow007 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:51 pm

And when Ben Simmons turns into a girl once the NY media and fanbase gets on him for not being able to be THE guy on the team...then what? The Knicks want someone that can defend they'd be better off trying to trade for Tybulle. Let some other team crazy enough to trade for Simmons.
spree2kawhi
Head Coach
Posts: 6,768
And1: 2,109
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#57 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:43 am

moocow007 wrote:And when Ben Simmons turns into a girl once the NY media and fanbase gets on him for not being able to be THE guy on the team...then what? The Knicks want someone that can defend they'd be better off trying to trade for Tybulle. Let some other team crazy enough to trade for Simmons.

Exactly. And now close this thread.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,055
And1: 1,481
Joined: Aug 13, 2001

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#58 » by Ray Williams » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:And when Ben Simmons turns into a girl once the NY media and fanbase gets on him for not being able to be THE guy on the team...then what? The Knicks want someone that can defend they'd be better off trying to trade for Tybulle. Let some other team crazy enough to trade for Simmons.

He’ll shrink and play like a little girl the same way Randle did for us in the playoffs. Which is why The priority should be getting Randle the hell off this team.
TexasMassacre
Sophomore
Posts: 151
And1: 157
Joined: Aug 09, 2021
 

Re: This team needs Ben Simmons 

Post#59 » by TexasMassacre » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am

The only trade to make would be:

Philly gets: Randle, Kemba, Knox

Knicks get: Simmons, Embiid, Thybulle

Fair is fair.

Return to New York Knicks