ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: We won and I'm upset.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: PG: We won and I'm upset. 

Post#281 » by GONYK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:57 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=en3pm5acIL_eR10uAZGxpQ&s=19

Lean into small ball, Thibs

a lot relies on thibs adjusting from the way he has played his entire career, do you see it?

Not wholesale, no.

I do think we'll see more wrinkles in this direction. Especially with either Mitch or Noel out every game.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,025

Post#282 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:01 pm

GONYK wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's a nice thought, but Thibs has never given any small ball lineup significant minutes in his career. Once Taj and Mitch are back, it'll be back to 1 C on the floor at all times :lol:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,964

Post#283 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:03 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

a lot relies on thibs adjusting from the way he has played his entire career, do you see it?

Not wholesale, no.

I do think we'll see more wrinkles in this direction. Especially with either Mitch or Noel out every game.

It may take injuries, which given this group can happen. When everyone is healthy is tough to see Thibs sticking with small ball lineups. Hopefully he can adjust but not counting on it
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#284 » by GONYK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:05 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Not wholesale, no.

It may take injuries, which given this group can happen. When everyone is healthy is tough to see Thibs sticking with small ball lineups. Hopefully he can adjust but not counting on it

If we're winning, then it doesn't matter.

We just have to find ways to get Obi a bit more time.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#285 » by Gravy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well that settles it, Obi is as good as AD and Giannis... we found our superstar. Everyone can stop complaining about that now!
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#286 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:13 pm

I'll say it I don't want Obi playing more than 25 minutes... Part of what is making Obi so effective is that he plays at 110% at all times. He's like a runaway Ferrari out there every minute. You start playing him heavy minutes with his play style and he's going to get gassed. I think his wheelhouse is 15 minutes when he doesn't have it and upwards of 25 when he's got it going.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,285

Post#287 » by Zenzibar » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:tyler herro 31 pts 8 reb 3 ast

if we had drafted him 3rd we'd really be in a great spot!

Knicks fail at the draft again. And this is with Coach Cal supposedly liking the Knicks etc etc.

You guys are too funny. Noone was drafting THero 3rd, three years ago :lol:

If we would have had him he would have been an A.W.D shooting 3s and playing no defense.
It took an established coaching staff to develop that kid.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#288 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:26 pm

GONYK wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Not wholesale, no.

If we're winning, then it doesn't matter.

We just have to find ways to get Obi a bit more time.

Yea, its a tricky balance to find. Think Thibs def needs to give Obi more rope and find him more minutes especially when he is playing well. He has been very effective so if we can find more lineups with Obi it can help us win more games
Mavs
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#289 » by rajajackal » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:27 pm

hate being right about randle. wanted to trade him this offseason or let him audition one more year
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#290 » by nykfan42 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:32 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:IQ’s Afro was the difference. It’s really cool.

I thought we had a different player when i saw this haha. Couldn't see his number before I realized it was him. Was pretty dope.
Make the Knicks great again!
nykfan42
Head Coach

Post#291 » by nykfan42 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:42 pm

The iso ball with Randle HAS to stop. He is also still bringing the ball up court too much that leads to an inevitable turnover. He seems to like using his off hand when he forces his way into a double/triple team. Smart move right? Again, YOU'RE NOT A PG! It kills the offense and team when he does this crap. It's easily fixed by simply NOT doing it. You think he watches film and sees the stupid plays he makes and how bad the team is when he is iso'ing for 20 seconds?
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,384

Post#292 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Some of you have to be some of the most arrogant and spoiled fans I've ever come across. Like how can you be upset at a win? Where do you get off complaining about any type of win when we haven't won much the last 20 years? I swear some of you deserve a 20 win team and rooting for 14% ping pong balls forever and never experience ant type of successful seasons!

Yeah, losing a 25 point lead sucked but that's the NBA. It happens to every team! All teams make runs! Especially a Lakers team that came back down like 17 points in Detroit the night earlier and have AD, Westbrook and Melo on their team. Give us credit for not completely losing the lead (which has been a problem this season)! Lakers got close we never allowed them to come all the way back. Fournier and IQ hit big shots all game long and Obi had two dunks whenever the Lakers got it down to 2 or tied it.

I really liked how aggressive Randle and the starters came out to start this game. They all an extra pep to their step. Especially Randle. Like he played extra harder and seemed to want to go at AD and Melo for some reason. He still had too many turnovers but I can live with those if he's trying to make the right plays, which he was. He got Fournier going in the two-man game. Good to see RJ make some shots too.

I think Randle getting into foul trouble in the fourth was a blessing even though he had a good game. It allowed both Obi and IQ to kind of be the center pieces against three future HOFers. Obi was great with his dunks and made a J too. And IQ was just incredible! Every time the Lakers cut it close, he made the big shot. It's a damn same IQ doesn't have a 'hive' or people here don't dedicate their user names to him because this kid deserves it. He plays with a lot of joy, he's fun to watch, he works hard and most importantly, he can actually play. Unlike the past draft pick who were straight trash and seemed more interested in modeling than actually becoming a legit NBA player.

Anyway, good win at home. No need to apologize for any wins. Get them anyway you can! Especially during this tough stretch of games. Hopefully we get Rose and Mitch back soon.
nykfan42
Head Coach

Post#293 » by nykfan42 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:I think some of you are so thirsty to win you actually think Randle played well. He alternated between being an effective scorer and a complete idiot repeatedly and all you guys do is look at his stats and say he was great. Many of you have such low standards that you actually think Randle played good basketball in a game where he ran down the clock for a 24 second violation multiple times. He’s a terrible baskeball player.

Agree here 100%.

The stat line does not tell the whole story at all. It never does when you just try to fill the stat sheet over good team play and winning ala Westbrook. Like I said in my previous post, some of these decisions are easily fixed by not doing them. Playing with some common sense. He loves dribbling into traffic where its an inevitable turnover. Or just holding the ball the entire possession until the late double and triple team comes and he forces up a terrible shot or passes it to someone for a terrible shot, it's a turnover. Every game he does this multiple times and I don't get it. I hate watching him bring the ball up court, it's just stupid for a guy like him to be doing that or thinking it's a good idea.

Like Melo, he is most effective when he makes quick decisions. Once he holds the ball for a few seconds its over and the possession is DOA.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#294 » by KnicksGod » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 pm

I don't see why you couldn't get away with Noel-Randle-Obi-Burks-IQ.

I don't even know if we've tried it. Would the D be so bad, spacing so bad on offense? Not for sure. I thought it's a positionless league.
louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,386

Post#295 » by louisorr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:01 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I'll say it I don't want Obi playing more than 25 minutes... Part of what is making Obi so effective is that he plays at 110% at all times. He's like a runaway Ferrari out there every minute. You start playing him heavy minutes with his play style and he's going to get gassed. I think his wheelhouse is 15 minutes when he doesn't have it and upwards of 25 when he's got it going.

On this particular team, that should be the road map for everyone. Just look at how aggressive Randle came out. That should be the norm not the exception. Of course the downside is never getting guys in rhythm, but I think if they are buying in to slightly less playing time then mentally they can all be going Ferrari speeds all game long. This team should be operating like a gulag. Call them the Marx brothers
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#296 » by nedleeds » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Our power forward shot 41% with 4 turnovers and was -2.

He's shooting a career low 42.2% from the field this year. He's an inefficient chucker, enabled by a calcified coach who won't adjust or watch film and tell him to stop it.

Welcome to hell.

Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#297 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Randle played well for stretches but the frustrating part is that he also regress's to Wandle for long stretches. I know there are reasons why he would need to try to take over and be aggressive but he also seems to take himself out of the game. It seems like mental lapses more then ability. Feels like he is playing against himself a lot of times.

For better and worse he is our #1 right now and we need him to play well.
Mavs
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#298 » by nedleeds » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:06 pm

But what about Thibs makes you think he'll do anything? Randle is the 3rd best player on a good team. There's nothing scratching a top 25 player on the roster. He's going to keep doing it, and probably just triple down on it because he needs to get his numbers to justify the contract. It's a treadmill death spiral and we're the 2004 Bobcats.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#299 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:08 pm

nedleeds wrote:But what about Thibs makes you think he'll do anything? Randle is the 3rd best player on a good team. There's nothing scratching a top 25 player on the roster. He's going to keep doing it, and probably just triple down on it because he needs to get his numbers to justify the contract. It's a treadmill death spiral and we're the 2004 Bobcats.

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#300 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:09 pm

nykfan42 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:I think some of you are so thirsty to win you actually think Randle played well. He alternated between being an effective scorer and a complete idiot repeatedly and all you guys do is look at his stats and say he was great. Many of you have such low standards that you actually think Randle played good basketball in a game where he ran down the clock for a 24 second violation multiple times. He’s a terrible baskeball player.

Agree here 100%.

The stat line does not tell the whole story at all. It never does when you just try to fill the stat sheet over good team play and winning ala Westbrook. Like I said in my previous post, some of these decisions are easily fixed by not doing them. Playing with some common sense. He loves dribbling into traffic where its an inevitable turnover. Or just holding the ball the entire possession until the late double and triple team comes and he forces up a terrible shot or passes it to someone for a terrible shot, it's a turnover. Every game he does this multiple times and I don't get it. I hate watching him bring the ball up court, it's just stupid for a guy like him to be doing that or thinking it's a good idea.

Like Melo, he is most effective when he makes quick decisions. Once he holds the ball for a few seconds its over and the possession is DOA.

The good news is the fix is available. The bad news is Randle knows these are issues of his, but he has regressed anyway. The coaching staff needs to take action.
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks