ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: We won and I'm upset.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,414

Re: PG: We won and I'm upset. 

Post#401 » by Synciere » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 pm

2010 wrote:Kemba don’t even have pride no more. Dude be dropping single-digit games consistently with a proud smile on his face. At this point I think dude just wanted to finally get home. Basketball is kinda secondary to him.

Damn this is truly a pessimistic view of Kemba. He’s on a team with 5 guards who have all had games where they play very well. He’s not complaining or causing any sort of a distraction in spite of being benched most fourth quarters. He’s taking his medicine like a man and being a good teammate. A bad teammate would be worried about getting his points even if we’re losing.

Personally I like this version of Kemba. Eventually he’ll take over the Derrick Rose role when we get our franchise point guard.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Post#402 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:51 pm

robillionaire wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Not only that but he plays with Brickemba and Fournier and RJ who have been historically bad for the last dozen games while the bench has Rose Burks and IQ who have been much better than the 3 I mentioned. A bunch of plus minus stats don’t prove he’s better and again I would love to swap their roles for a couple games just to show how silly this narrative is

It's not that silly though. Do you want consider JR a smart player with intangibles to his game?

he leads the team in points rebounds and assists find someone else to do intangibles he's out here doing tangibles

in fact we have the best "intangibles" players ever (nerlens) and most people here don't like him either

we only like flash and sizzle and only for players we drafted with babyfaces
Loool. So true about Noel.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#403 » by 2010 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Synciere wrote:
2010 wrote:Kemba don’t even have pride no more. Dude be dropping single-digit games consistently with a proud smile on his face. At this point I think dude just wanted to finally get home. Basketball is kinda secondary to him.

Damn this is truly a pessimistic view of Kemba. He’s on a team with 5 guards who have all had games where they play very well. He’s not complaining or causing any sort of a distraction in spite of being benched most fourth quarters. He’s taking his medicine like a man and being a good teammate. A bad teammate would be worried about getting his points even if we’re losing.

Personally I like this version of Kemba. Eventually he’ll take over the Derrick Rose role when we get our franchise point guard.

I see what you’re saying. But my biggest issue with his passive approach is it’s allowing Julius Randle to be his own worst enemy. If Kemba is more assertive and knows when to use his stature to get the ball out of Randle’s hands when he starts to stagnate the offense, it’ll be better for Kemba’s personal production and the team overall. But this nondescript version of Kemba does himself and the team a disservice. He is out there playing like he is George Hill (without the defense), just happy to play off the ball, spot up, and score 6pts on hitting a couple 3’s, with no effort to get into the teeth of the defense.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,639

Post#404 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:35 pm

2010 wrote:
Synciere wrote:

I see what you’re saying. But my biggest issue with his passive approach is it’s allowing Julius Randle to be his own worst enemy. If Kemba is more assertive and knows when to use his stature to get the ball out of Randle’s hands when he starts to stagnate the offense, it’ll be better for Kemba’s personal production and the team overall. But this nondescript version of Kemba does himself and the team a disservice. He is out there playing like he is George Hill (without the defense), just happy to play off the ball, spot up, and score 6pts on hitting a couple 3’s, with no effort to get into the teeth of the defense.
Kemba ain't Kemba no more.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Return to New York Knicks