ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Team win - Frenchie w/ 41 - RJ first career game winner - Randle vs Fans

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Re: PG: Team win - Frenchie w/ 41 - RJ first career game winner - Randle vs Fans 

Post#1321 » by robillionaire » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:17 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:
It was actually one of RJ's most pathetic embarrasing games as a Knick - but he hit the big shot - so you cheer and move on - take the win. I support RJ 100%, hes a good young pro that works hard, like the whole team does. It's all about wins.

yeah, pretty much. I’m still holding out hope they salvage the season and continue to play hard and compete. I don’t want to watch a tank.

The season doesn’t need to be ‘salvaged’. We’re doing very well considering our bad luck.

Randle is back and better than ever and ready to lead this team to a deep playoff run. Very excited for the future. I really can’t wait to see the Garden rocking again like old times.

I know you’re being sarcastic but as talent starved as the roster already is and with so many having terrible shooting slumps, and somewhat predictable injuries to rose noel and kemba they’re probably lucky to even be 19-20. This could be a lot worse record wise
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,327

Re: PG: Team win - Frenchie w/ 41 - RJ first career game winner - Randle vs Fans 

Post#1322 » by Hes_On_Fire » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:29 am

robillionaire wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
yeah, pretty much. I’m still holding out hope they salvage the season and continue to play hard and compete. I don’t want to watch a tank.

The season doesn’t need to be ‘salvaged’. We’re doing very well considering our bad luck.

Randle is back and better than ever and ready to lead this team to a deep playoff run. Very excited for the future. I really can’t wait to see the Garden rocking again like old times.

I know you’re being sarcastic but as talent starved as the roster already is and with so many having terrible shooting slumps, and somewhat predictable injuries to rose noel and kemba they’re probably lucky to even be 19-20. This could be a lot worse record wise

No sarcasm here!

Julius Randle has been dealt a bad hand this season and is making the best of it. People need to understand it’s a long season and things aren’t always easy. As you said, we are lucky to be 19-20 and that is primarily because Julius is carrying the team on his back.

Once we get Rose and Noel back in form we will be primed for a deep run. Fournier had a slight struggle there for a bit but he’s back now and reenergized. We just need some luck on our side and everyone healthy and we will be a contender. People are underestimating our roster. I don’t think we’re talent starved at all. They’ve just been injured, Covid, and trying to develop chemistry. We’re starting to see the worm turn here now. We’re on track for a 4-5 seed or maybe better.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#1323 » by nedleeds » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:33 am

RJ is a big shot maker, he makes the ones that count! Can't wait to watch this team gel and get that 8th seed. Go ny, go ny, go!
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,270

Post#1324 » by Oscirus » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:37 am

nedleeds wrote:RJ is a big shot maker, he makes the ones that count! Can't wait to watch this team gel and get that 8th seed. Go ny, go ny, go!

Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,270

Post#1325 » by Oscirus » Sat Jan 8, 2022 5:41 am

A game in which rj got two assists in the final minute as well as the winning shot is embarrassing and pathetic then I'll take it.

The only good thing about all this is eventually he'll be traded for some over the hill player we have no business playing for and when he thrives in whatever environment he's been banished to, Im gonna have fun jimniting up this place
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,925

Post#1326 » by F N 11 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 6:46 am

RJ has a simple game. So what, y’all want niccas to have generational athleticism and skill. RJ will be very good at everything and a very good nba player for years to come.

He’s a team guy and when he gets that in between game it’s over.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,549

Post#1327 » by cgmw » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:08 am

Yeah the RJ slander around here is disgraceful. Dude is clearly going to be a solid pro for many years. It’s just internet sh*t talking and agendas.

The last draftee we kept was David “buzzer beater” Lee, so maybe RJ has a chance after all. Although Lee was already 22 y/o as a rookie, which I’m sure MSG would prefer all their draftees to be. I’m rooting for RJ. Would love to see him play 20 years here.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Separatista
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#1328 » by Separatista » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:11 am

When RJ hit the buzzer beater I was surprised of course then flabbergasted because how often is another player other than Randle takes the last shot. Then there was a nagging confusion for me, like a memory that I can’t recall.

It just hit me this morning. The last time RJ had a last shot was that Minnesota game and he missed then Ant said they let him shoot cuz they know RJ’s gonna brick it.

RJ’s perseverance is something admirable in my opinion. On this game alone, how many of his shots did get blocked and still he went after timelord. It’s like that Captain America scene, he just keeps getting up after a beatdown. Now, it won’t stop me from being dissapointed at his game from time to time but I won’t question his will and determination.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,446

Post#1329 » by RHODEY » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:20 am

robillionaire wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

This team isnt talent starved at all, they are just terribly inconsistent. When any 2 starters click we are dangerous. If three starters ever clicked we could take down any team on a given night. But the poor coaching,, inconsistent play, and the lack of a 2 way PG is whats killing us IMO.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1330 » by RHODEY » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:21 am

KnicksGod wrote:Least talked about part of the game, because of the thumb and the banker, is IQ. He had the best late game stuff.

Even more least talked about is Taj gibson. He's the real glue to our team.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1331 » by RHODEY » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:22 am

RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1332 » by RHODEY » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:30 am

Gorilla Monsoon wrote:Is this not one of the most polarizing Knicks teams ever?

I mean wow.... Julius gave us a thumbs down and now it's like WW3 in here lol.

I still love this place. Still love the Knicks. I'm rooting for Randle and RJ to succeed big time. I still have some level of faith this can all work out. I like the Knicks' position. A nice batch of young players, plenty of draft capital and some cap flexibility within reach if they were willing to make some trades for the chance at the right free agent. Let's all take a deep breath.

He's sorry....

Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#1333 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat Jan 8, 2022 7:49 am

RHODEY wrote:

I still love this place. Still love the Knicks. I'm rooting for Randle and RJ to succeed big time. I still have some level of faith this can all work out. I like the Knicks' position. A nice batch of young players, plenty of draft capital and some cap flexibility within reach if they were willing to make some trades for the chance at the right free agent. Let's all take a deep breath.

He's sorry....

:lol: "he's sorry"

this would've been so much more powerful as a video of julius just speaking from the heart. the fans would've cheered the sh*t out of him next game. now i'm not sure.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,925

Post#1334 » by F N 11 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:23 am

Randle got what he wanted. Nobody talking about RJ and Evan lmao.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,389

Post#1335 » by Ray Williams » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:06 am

RHODEY wrote:

He's sorry....

He’s sorry he was/is going to get ripped a new aHole.
He’s a sorry excuse for a basketball player.
He’s not sorry for what he said/did,
he’s sorry he’s going to have to pay the consequences.
He’s sorry someone had to write that apology for him because he’s too stupid to do it himself.
Douchebag has the nerve to say no one wants to win more than him when he’s been playing like a lazy disinterested bitch all year.
Yeah, he’s sorry.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#1336 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:19 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Fine and since you don’t even watch games don’t respond to me until you actually watch a game you wanna talk to me about :lol:

Oooooo, terms of engagement. I watched the highlight reels of the last three games, BFG. But thanks for sharing your imaginary rules

No it’s not a rule it’s just the very real terms of me responding back to you any further at this point which I’m not obligated to do

Imagine if we were all in a book club and you decided you weren’t going to read the books anymore but watched a quick synopsis on YouTube right before you showed up, and then as I was sharing my opinion about the book to someone else you decided to constantly condescend to me and troll with things like “what the hell happened to you” and accuse me of some kind of spite against the author, because I didn’t like the book, when you didn’t even bother to do the assignment. So then I have to try to explain in detail what I didn’t like about it when you have no idea what I’m even talking about. I’m sure you can imagine it would be very frustrating to deal with this kind behavior. So if you’re going to continue to condescend and bait me at least read the frigging book.

Sorry, but that analogy is weak. I don’t need to watch every single game to discuss the Knicks after watching games for decades. And you troll the board all the time and I razz you because you’ve adopted every argumentation tactic of your boss Melo.
ImageImageImage
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1337 » by El Poochio » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:28 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:RJ is not helping any team win at the moment. The eye test suggests it, the statistical evidence proves it.

If only he could hit some buzzer beaters to help a team win :o

If only games lasted only one possession.

Maple Mamba Mentality 8-)

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1338 » by El Poochio » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:29 pm

Only stat you need regarding RJ is team record before drafting him and after

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#1339 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:33 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
If only he could hit some buzzer beaters to help a team win :o

If only games lasted only one possession.

Maple Mamba Mentality 8-)

Buzz is on the run now
ImageImageImage
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,041

Post#1340 » by Reign23 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:41 pm

F N 11 wrote:RJ has a simple game. So what, y’all want niccas to have generational athleticism and skill. RJ will be very good at everything and a very good nba player for years to come.

He’s a team guy and when he gets that in between game it’s over.

this

cgmw wrote:Yeah the RJ slander around here is disgraceful. Dude is clearly going to be a solid pro for many years. It’s just internet sh*t talking and agendas.

The last draftee we kept was David “buzzer beater” Lee, so maybe RJ has a chance after all. Although Lee was already 22 y/o as a rookie, which I’m sure MSG would prefer all their draftees to be. I’m rooting for RJ. Would love to see him play 20 years here.

this

Deeeez Knicks wrote:RJ is just not flashy. That is why a lot of people dont like him

and this
formerly known as knickst4pe

Return to New York Knicks