ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Team win - Frenchie w/ 41 - RJ first career game winner - Randle vs Fans

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,036

Re: PG: Team win - Frenchie w/ 41 - RJ first career game winner - Randle vs Fans 

Post#1381 » by Capn'O » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:08 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:They both were trash deals. Me and sham kept telling y’all about Kembas knees being done but y’all didn’t wanna hear it :lol:

I'd rather take two years of Kemba not being able to play and a higher pick vs. 4 years of Schroeder at a higher number. The low cap hit that Schroeder ended up taking... I'd take that deal over Kemba. But for what he was asking for in the summer? Absolutely not. Similarly, the deal the Bulls got DeRozan for vs. the max was an excellent signing. Sometimes a player is good at one number and bad at another.

We didn’t have to give Schroder a 4 year deal though. We most likely could’ve gotten him for 2-3 years. He would’ve settled for it cause it’s the best offer he would’ve got.

I do agree sometimes a player is good at one number and bad at another. Schroder with a 4 year deal likely wouldn’t haven’t panned out as good as you would want it to be

I could've been talked into beating the Celtics offer or doing something like the Kemba deal with DS. Anything bigger... I'd balk at that. The real question is why the Knicks don't commit long term to the position. Garland... Ball... Haliburton... anyone. It's so confusing.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,274

Re: PG: Team win - Frenchie w/ 41 - RJ first career game winner - Randle vs Fans 

Post#1382 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:20 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
I'd rather take two years of Kemba not being able to play and a higher pick vs. 4 years of Schroeder at a higher number. The low cap hit that Schroeder ended up taking... I'd take that deal over Kemba. But for what he was asking for in the summer? Absolutely not. Similarly, the deal the Bulls got DeRozan for vs. the max was an excellent signing. Sometimes a player is good at one number and bad at another.

We didn’t have to give Schroder a 4 year deal though. We most likely could’ve gotten him for 2-3 years. He would’ve settled for it cause it’s the best offer he would’ve got.

I do agree sometimes a player is good at one number and bad at another. Schroder with a 4 year deal likely wouldn’t haven’t panned out as good as you would want it to be

I could've been talked into beating the Celtics offer or doing something like the Kemba deal with DS. Anything bigger... I'd balk at that. The real question is why the Knicks don't commit long term to the position. Garland... Ball... Haliburton... anyone. It's so confusing.

If we had the first pick in the draft and the reincarnation of Magic Johnson was available we’d still pick Frederic Weis
ImageImageImage
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,414

Post#1383 » by Guano » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

why would we address our eternal pg problem when we could get another pf
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#1384 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:29 pm

dennis schroeder isn't a pg, just because you're 6 feet tall doesn't mean you're a pg.

schroeder is also one of the dumbest players to ever dribble a ball
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,036

Post#1385 » by Capn'O » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:29 pm

Yeah - when we drafted Obi my assumption was a Randle trade was lined up. Rozier or something. Not so much...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1386 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:35 pm

also enough with haliburton, he's not special -- he fell to #15 because he's already maxed out.

his sophomore season is exactly like his rookie season, there's no jump in anything ... this is who he is, a good player but when you're using the 8th pick you'd like more room for improvement.

like obi year 2 vs year 1 are 2 different guys ... with haliburton it's the same finished product.

i don't even see the kings re-signing him to a big contract if he's going to be a 13 and 7 player.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1387 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:36 pm

Capn'O wrote:Yeah - when we drafted Obi my assumption was a Randle trade was lined up. Rozier or something. Not so much...

it was supposed to be that way, but then obi got hurt and thibs fell in love with fools gold.

and now we're here, handcuffed to randle's contract.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#1388 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:37 pm

Capn'O wrote:Yeah - when we drafted Obi my assumption was a Randle trade was lined up. Rozier or something. Not so much...

It prob was, but then JuJu went ham in empty gyms.

I still think Obi was the right pick. Hali is good but Obi’s potential is better. He’s already proving not to be some turnstile on D like everyone thought. Average now Id say, but may be a clear plus soon. If he ever gets his 3 ball above 33% consistently then thats a scary weapon with everything else he already brings in the paint and on the break. But it’s all for nought if he’s only gonna play 10 mpg lol. Lets see the Julius-Obi frontline unleashed more at least.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1389 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:45 pm

also if the knicks draft haliburton, thibs wouldn't play him 31 minutes in his rookie year, he wouldn't be playing 34 minutes in his sophomore year.

he'd be playing 20 minutes, having sheepish numbers and posters here would be citing how obi toppin is averaging 20 and 8 on another team and how the knicks should've drafted him.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1390 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:48 pm

blueNorange wrote:dennis schroeder isn't a pg, just because you're 6 feet tall doesn't mean you're a pg.

schroeder is also one of the dumbest players to ever dribble a ball

I cannot and will not ever trust that man’s hair
ImageImageImage
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#1391 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:52 pm

blueNorange wrote:also if the knicks draft haliburton, thibs wouldn't play him 31 minutes in his rookie year, he wouldn't be playing 34 minutes in his sophomore year.

he'd be playing 20 minutes, having sheepish numbers and posters here would be citing how obi toppin is averaging 20 and 8 on another team and how the knicks should've drafted him.

Bingo Bango BnO.

Just feels like Obi is underrated here because many didnt want him and he barely plays. Not like he hasn’t earned more time and by most advanced stats he helps the team out there. No doubt hed be averaging like 16-18 ppg/7-8 rpg/2-3 apg/1 bpg with constant highlights right now if he was starting somewhere else and fans would be drooling over him.

Another thing with Obi is that he’s producing despite little PT, seemingly not supported fully by his coach, having no PG, and being on a slow paced team. The guy has had everything stacked against him and is still doing as well as we can realistically hope.

But I digress. He gonna play 10 mpg and get yanked if he does anything wrong, and prob get traded soon. Too bad.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1392 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:54 pm

also lost in all the madness is how petty and spiteful thibs is.

he calls obi a backup qb, which is odd because he didn't play bad at all when randle was gone, and since then has played him 18 minutes in the 2 games since.

this guy is going to ruin obi's career just because he doesn't want to be told what to do.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1393 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:55 pm

blueNorange wrote:also lost in all the madness is how petty and spiteful thibs is.

he calls obi a backup qb, which is odd because he didn't play bad at all when randle was gone, and since then has played him 18 minutes in the 2 games since.

this guy is going to ruin obi's career just because he doesn't want to be told what to do.

Do you think he broke Kemba on purpose? Feels that way to me
ImageImageImage
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#1394 » by Oscirus » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:56 pm

On another note, I won't ever stfu about this but why let our best perimeter defender go for someone who does the same thing cept significantly worse defense?

I don't even need the entire team built around rj but can he at least get a formidable starting pg?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#1395 » by Oscirus » Sat Jan 8, 2022 8:58 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
blueNorange wrote:also if the knicks draft haliburton, thibs wouldn't play him 31 minutes in his rookie year, he wouldn't be playing 34 minutes in his sophomore year.

Bingo Bango BnO.

Just feels like Obi is underrated here because many didnt want him and he barely plays. Not like he hasn’t earned more time and by most advanced stats he helps the team out there. No doubt hed be averaging like 16-18 ppg/7-8 rpg/2-3 apg with constant highlights if he was starting somewhere else and fans would be drooling over him.

But I digress. He gonna play 10 mpg and get yanked if he does anything wrong, and prob get traded soon. Too bad.

This team is def gonna get Isiah Thomas edited. Just a matter of when an all star on the declining years of their career becomes available.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1396 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:00 pm

Oscirus wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:

Bingo Bango BnO.

Just feels like Obi is underrated here because many didnt want him and he barely plays. Not like he hasn’t earned more time and by most advanced stats he helps the team out there. No doubt hed be averaging like 16-18 ppg/7-8 rpg/2-3 apg with constant highlights if he was starting somewhere else and fans would be drooling over him.

This team is def gonna get Isiah Thomas edited. Just a matter of when an all star on the declining years of their career becomes available.

we're almost halfway through the season and dame is still shooting 40%, he looks like the decline is settling in.

time for the knicks to send rj, iq, obi, grimes, deuce, and so many first rounders for lillard.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#1397 » by whocares1 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:22 pm

blueNorange wrote:also lost in all the madness is how petty and spiteful thibs is.

Speculating this but I have to agree. The first game Obi played he benched him for an extended time for no reason and then threw him back in late in the 4th. The second game he played Obi practically all game which was just weird. And then the back qb comments were just unnecessary and he could’ve hyped up Randle in a way that didn’t insult Obi.

Overall it’s clear tho that even the media didn’t really bother Thibs about it, so Obi is going to lose this battle. He will be traded this off-season for sure.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#1398 » by whocares1 » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:26 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

I honestly think he did too. He must’ve not liked how the bad press from benching Kemba was looking for him and he decided to play a guy with known knee problems 37, 40, 43, 40, and 33 minutes in consecutive games. Ofc Kemba obliged bc he was benched for wanting to sit out when Derrick went down and the Knicks were short at the guard. Just some really shady behavior from Thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1399 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:33 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I honestly think he did too. He must’ve not liked how the bad press from benching Kemba was looking for him and he decided to play a guy with known knee problems 37, 40, 43, 40, and 33 minutes in consecutive games. Ofc Kemba obliged bc he was benched for wanting to sit out when Derrick went down and the Knicks were short at the guard. Just some really shady behavior from Thibs.

Yeah, I figured some of you saw it that way too.

It is not the kind of explanation to normally reach for, but in this case it was so blatantly out of accordance with the original premise that Kemba came here with the understanding his minutes would be managed to protect his health that I see no other interpretation to make.

Stuff like this makes it hard to stand behind Thibs. It’s not only malicious, it is detrimental to the success of the team. I don’t respect someone who cuts their own nose off out of spite. Thibs is that guy
ImageImageImage
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#1400 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Jan 8, 2022 9:34 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Idk if it’s nefarious behavior. Thibs is just a nut job who doesn’t believe in stamina or rest lol. He’s playing Julius 40 mpg again too right out of covid. Despite all the criticism he’s gotten over this stuff as a coach he hasn’t changed.

Return to New York Knicks