ImageImageImageImageImage

Randle Regrests Gesture - Apologizes

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Re: Randle Regrests Gesture - Apologizes 

Post#41 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Jan 8, 2022 10:29 pm

Julius was supposed to double down on this s.hit. I am disappoint.
Revolution starts in the mind...
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,130

Post#42 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Jan 8, 2022 10:42 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:Julius was supposed to double down on this s.hit. I am disappoint.

If you’re not trollin
. why? U really think he’s been playing hard and unselfish this year and we’re all just being lil meanies to him? We should clap like seals when they’re playing like doodoo?

He has sucked with awful body language and has not tried to adjust his game at all. He’s back to 2019-2020 Randle with fans back, when everyone rightfully wanted him gone and we drafted Obi to replace him.

I dont get some of you lol.
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,060

Post#43 » by TerrenceClarke » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Very disappointing he apologized. F them haters! King Julius keep doing ya thing!

Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#44 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:40 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
Huey Freeman wrote:Julius was supposed to double down on this s.hit. I am disappoint.

If you’re not trollin
. why? U really think he’s been playing hard and unselfish this year and we’re all just being lil meanies to him? We should clap like seals when they’re playing like doodoo?

He has sucked with awful body language and has not tried to adjust his game at all. He’s back to 2019-2020 Randle with fans back, when everyone rightfully wanted him gone and we drafted Obi to replace him.

Revolution starts in the mind...
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,175

Post#45 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:07 am

TrueWarrior wrote:

If you’re not trollin

What's crazy is the boos didn't rain down until halfway through the season. That means fans sat on their hands for 38 games of Randle's horrible play and attitude with no signs that it's getting through, and now it bothers him that they are expressing how they feel. So to him it's either shower him with MVP chants or deal with his bull$#!t. We see you Julius.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,259

Post#46 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:29 am

Hopefully everybody can put this behind them.

No one looked particularly good in that story.

The crowd for booing the team and flip-flopping like mad. Randle for not keeping his head in the game and reacting to the crowd with a stupid gesture. None of these things are new - doesn't mean that they're right in my personal opinion.

As far as Randle's reaction postgame is concerned, I had no problem with it. Just keep your head in the game during the game.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#47 » by vallen » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:38 am

Its Cool Jules. Just look at the comments in this thread and you should feel zero need to apologize. NY fans may be the most passionate, but they are also the most douchey of all fans and thats saying something considering Boston exists.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#48 » by Marty McFly » Sun Jan 9, 2022 1:29 am

Julius has to learn how to control his emotions. I do too, I'm just not a multi million dollar athlete.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#49 » by HighRyzer83 » Sun Jan 9, 2022 4:00 am

Or maybe not follow it up with a stinker.
The effort tonight was unacceptable. I don't care how many letters he writes, this was garbage he put out on the court after that.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,359

Post#50 » by Ray Williams » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:28 pm

vallen wrote:Its Cool Jules. Just look at the comments in this thread and you should feel zero need to apologize. NY fans may be the most passionate, but they are also the most douchey of all fans and thats saying something considering Boston exists.

Yes, ask to get traded to a town with non-douchy fans that will accept your lollygagging bull and cheer you like they all had lobotomies.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#51 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:46 pm

vallen wrote:Its Cool Jules. Just look at the comments in this thread and you should feel zero need to apologize. NY fans may be the most passionate, but they are also the most douchey of all fans and thats saying something considering Boston exists.

Oh stop. When you don't like a player you're as douchey as they come
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#52 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jan 9, 2022 11:49 pm

Two home games on Monday and Wednesday

If Randle plays poorly it could get weird
ImageImageImage
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,286

Post#53 » by Zenzibar » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:41 pm

What they are saying and I can see, is that Dolan and endorsers were vexed at Randle and fkn with their market. The IG posted may have even been from a PR firm and not Julius himself. Let's see it and hear it from the self professed King of NY himself.
Stop All Genocides
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,216

Post#54 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:28 pm

:eek1: I believe him.
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,143

Post#55 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:34 pm

Philly fans got us both beat
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#56 » by ohboy109 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Very disappointing he apologized. F them

haters! King Julius keep doing ya thing!

Nothing to hate he a low iq accident waiting to happen loser
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#57 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Philly fans got us both beat

ImageImageImage
BlueAndOrange33
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#58 » by BlueAndOrange33 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:06 pm

If I were Julius Randle. I wouldn't take the boos personal. I'd wear them as a badge of honor.

Because it's sad to say but I witnessed New Yorkers boo both of Derek Jeter @ Yankee Stadium they booed him not even 20 games into his season and this was even after already winning 3 World Series Championships and all because he was batting under .200 and not even 20 games into the season? It was heartless.

And also Patrick Ewing. I witnessed Madison Square Garden boo our legend. They booed him for an entire game and they booed him every time he touched the ball. It was disheartening to watch. He was already aging, his knees were on ice and he'd already given his heart and soul to New York City basketball. And MSG booed him? It was sad to see.

Love you while you're up before kicking you while you're down types of New York fans booed both of Derek Jeter and Patrick Ewing.

Fans also take their years of frustration out on Rookie kids getting drafted. Booed PorziƆgis on draft night and many of others who've came before him. Some way of welcoming kids into New York. Some say it's tradition. I feel it's disgusting. Because first impressions can become lasting impressions (especially come Free Agency).

Hopefully one day MSG faithful will learn that booing players doesn't work. It hasn't worked since dating back to after 1972-1973. If anything. Booing your best player doesn't help him break out of a slump. It only causes them to feel more pressure and become more stressed out. And to shoot more in order to win the fans back.But it's never worked.

Some think Julius Randle is playing with a lack of effort or energy. But he's not. He's fatigued @ times. Coach Thibs rides him like a work horse. He plays him almost 40 minutes per game. Almost running him into the ground. And before covid protocol dating back to last year + this year Julius Randle had only missed 1 game. We shouldn't confuse fatigue with lack of effort.

I felt bad for Julius Randle. He gave his all to NYC basketball last year. And maybe he's just trying too hard this year to become an All-Star again. But to boo him and boo him in front of his child? And as fans we then expect him not to react as if he's not a human and/or if he's emotionless?

I'm personally glad he gave a thumbs down followed by telling MSG faithful to STFU. Those were probably the same fans who boo every innocent Rookie kid drafted and also the same fans who booed Patrick Ewing.

Don't take it personal Julius Randle. Wear those boo birds with a badge of honor. It just means you're the best player on the team.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#59 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm

I think it is worth pointing out that nowhere in his statement did he ever actually apologize
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,932

Post#60 » by Jeffrey » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:35 pm

I don't think he wants to be here. His body language says it all and this wasn't just recent. It's been a few months now.

Return to New York Knicks