ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: RJ to Thibs: “I’m The Captain Now” + Juju Snaps Out of Funk

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,298

Re: PG: RJ to Thibs: “I’m The Captain Now” + Juju Snaps Out of Funk 

Post#381 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:48 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote: Chanel doesn’t flip flop. He’s pretty consistent with his takes.

Tell em!!!

No, you face plant hard. I respect the chit eating grin. Own it

Own what? :lol:

That RJ's looked great the past two games, and three of the last five?

I've acknowledged that :lol:

What folks want to hear is that we have a franchise cornerstone.

And my point is that one or two weeks of good play from RJ don't erase 2.5 years of utter and complete inefficiency, and that it's premature to jump to a positive conclusion at this stage. Tell me how this is unreasonable.

If RJ keeps playing this way for long stretches and shows us his days as an inefficient NBA player are behind him, then I'll start being more optimistic.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,659

Post#382 » by DaGawd » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:51 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:So, is Jalen Brunson FVV in the making, or would he wind up being slim Felton?

Brunson is great if you're the team that drafted him, but I wouldn't want to sign him, FVV at the same age was a much better defender, so much so he was guarding the 2 at 6'0. And most importantly Fred is a high volume 3 point shooter while Brunson is meh at best.

They're only similar in body shape, Fred is much much better.

yeah I’ll pass on Brunson. he looks like a backup PG to me.

Same he’s a solid spot starter but I don’t think he’s a long term solution at point
BaF
Washington Wizards
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#383 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:51 pm

evevale wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
evevale wrote:one last thought - the fact that the Garden Faithful tonight chanted for franky to come in, cheered for him to shoot and erupted when the dork made it pretty much says everything there is to know about the fans.

we will love you even if you are as worthless as frank was... you just have to try. julius.

that is all.

And we can love you for writing that - even if you really look like the goblin if the year and not your previous avi.

i am admittedly disappointed that my new avatar did not garner quite the response i was anticipating. very large opportunity squandered... major misfire on the branding front

Reign23 wrote:@ DaGawd, Buzz, Melo, nedless, shams, Chanel and so on

my list of names grows every pg thread. some folks just can't seem to help themselves

Just dump a list of all the forum members. Nobody is immune here.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,126

Post#384 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:52 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Tell em!!!

And my point is that one or two weeks of good play from RJ don't erase 2.5 years of utter and complete inefficiency, and that it's premature to jump to a positive conclusion at this stage. Tell me how this is unreasonable.

If RJ keeps playing this way for long stretches and shows us his days as an inefficient NBA player are behind him, then I'll start being more optimistic.

Clyde acted like this to posters when Frank would have a random good game too, who’s 10x worse than RJ :lol:

We just want to see consistency by RJ. It’s great he’s showing flashes now however. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to prove us wrong.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,871

Post#385 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:52 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Nobody is going to reason with you right now so skip it. You lean in so hard on your opinions that people are going to tease you when it goes the other way. It is written
ImageImageImage
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#386 » by DOT » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:52 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Haha Chanel flips more times than a frittata and I dont even really know wtf a frittata is :lol:

And of course i had to look up the spelling lmao

Chanel doesn’t flip flop. He’s pretty consistent with his takes.

Tell em!!!

Yeah, you're pretty consistent

Consistently bad

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,659

Post#387 » by DaGawd » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:53 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Crazy to me how people are chest thumping about RJs recent stretch without seeing first if he can do this for a prolonged stretch. We’ve see too many times where he hits a serious cold streak and looks like a borderline NBA player to get this confident after a good week lol
BaF
Washington Wizards
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#388 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:53 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Oscirus wrote:why do people think that anythings happening with zion? EIther hes a pelican or he's retiring Theres no in between

because people in the media say he doesn't want to be there, never wanted to be drafted there, so there's some though that he might force his way out early. can he accomplish that ? who knows. if he plans to stay out of shape and off the court until he's traded he might.

Getting fat and getting an exit is known as "Doing The Harden"
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#389 » by BKlutch » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:54 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
True. You're like the mostest and the bestest. Be Best!

Can you say "Be Best!" in that cold, Transylvanian accent?

bhvee buhvast

Nailed it. And you're prettier than that witch, too! :rofl:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#390 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Clyde acted like this to posters when Frank would have a random good game too, who’s 10x worse than RJ :lol:

We just want to see consistency by RJ. It’s great he’s showing flashes now however. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to prove us wrong.

I was actually complimenting Chanel but they didn't get it. I thought their posts attributing RJ's recent surge to his criticisms were funny. I enjoy that kind of self-deprecation. You can learn from that
ImageImageImage
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#391 » by BKlutch » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:I want no part of Zion. Too many good halal trucks in the city. He’ll never get in shape

I'm more worried there would be nothing left over at those trucks for the rest of us!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#392 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:57 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Crazy to me how people are chest thumping about RJs recent stretch without seeing first if he can do this for a prolonged stretch. We’ve see too many times where he hits a serious cold streak and looks like a borderline NBA player to get this confident after a good week lol

Don't take it that seriously. Just posters taking the piss out of each other

We all want RJ to be consistent. It doesn't need to be said as a disclaimer every time we tease each other
ImageImageImage
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#393 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:58 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Nobody is going to reason with you right now so skip it. You lean in so hard on your opinions that people are going to tease you when it goes the other way. It is written

I know folks can't argue the point when they start making judgements about me (or anyone else) as a person.

To pretend that I'm unreasonable is pretty rich when you quoted me, asked me to own it (what?), and now that I constructively, rationally, politely made my case, you're running away from the conversation, but not without questioning my character first.

That's pretty low.

*If I didn't get your humor, then apologies. But it sounded like you were trying to make a point.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#394 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:59 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:I want no part of Zion. Too many good halal trucks in the city. He’ll never get in shape

I'm more worried there would be nothing left over at those trucks for the rest of us!

Look, if we do get Zion and he eats himself out of the league while busting a Knicks unitard we can always BBQ him. The fat drippings will be insane!
ImageImageImage
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#395 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:59 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Own what? :lol:

I was actually complimenting Chanel but they didn't get it. I thought their posts attributing RJ's recent surge to his criticisms were funny. I enjoy that kind of self-deprecation. You can learn from that

Doesn’t look like a compliment at all. Nobody saw it that way. Sounds like you’re changing your tune since you were called out :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,977

Post#396 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:00 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
BKlutch wrote:There was the interview with Rick Brunson, his dad (who was on the Knicks, as some of you remember). Clearly he wants his son to play here, and Jalen is, as you said, unrestricted. He's good, but I don't see him as among the 5 best PGs at this time. Meanwhile, McBride is killing it in the G League ("The league where it's always Summer League")

We NEED to see how much upside McBride has, and we don't need to make a trade with Dallas before then end of the season, giving up valuable assets, to sign Brunson as a FA. If McBride shows he might have as much potential as Grimes seems to have, then I'd rather develop McBride. We could have a McWedding on Center court for the McBride and the McKnicks. Grimes could be the best man. Of course, he could be joined by Grimes, Musk's ex partner, and make it a really Grimy McWedding.

Brunson's limitations were clear last night, but it could be that the poor Dallas play was part of that. After all, when the Knicks have played poorly (Randle slow-ball turnover pounding in the paint style), RJ couldn't play well, and I believe that ruined Fournier's middling-good offensive game, as well as Mitch's game, Grimes' game, Obi's game, etc. So we need to see a bit more from Brunson, too, and I hope he's being scouted.

Don't forget, we have have Rocks Joke You Bater waiting in the wings in Europe. Love to see if his skills translate to the NBA, also.

For me, the big question is if we can acquire talent without gutting the team or its future. Maybe if Nerlens can stay on the floor, he can be traded to clear salary. I don't know how the team will feel about trading Randle, especially if his game evolves in the direction he was going last night. All this means that making a trade requires a serious upgrade in talent, not just acquiring more middling players to fill positions.We NEED A POINT GUARD - we have ½ PG in Rose, maybe ¼ PG in Kemba, so is McBride the ¼ answer this year and maybe ½ PG next year? This is why we have to hope our FO knows WTF they are doing. It's complicated.

Sorry, pseudo-Berman, no easy answers here.

I am still a believer in Deuce. It is hard to pencil him as a future starter at this point, but I want to see him eventually getting some minutes off the bench and take it from there. It is tough since the Knicks have so many guards ahead of him.

We do have lots of guard ahead of him, but that doesn't mean we have our point guard.
Kemba - ¼ time PG, maybe ½ time for some games. NO more than that.
DRose - ½ time PG, maybe occasional 35 minutes, but need to strictly limit that
IQ - not a real point guard, although he has some ball handling skills. Love to see him develop his scoring and defense.
Fournier - NEVER a PG. Fugedaboudit.
Burks - (Jarret) Jack of all trades, master of none. Useful off the bench, but NOT a PG
Grimes - much more of a 2 than a PG
RJ - a 2 or a 3, not a PG, despite his newly shown ability to facilitate
Rocks US JokeUBatus - maybe maybe has NBA skills, but who knows?

So I don't think that Deuce is really buried by other guards at the point - the problem is Thibs doesn't trust him enough yet to play him duing important game situations. If I could only find that crystal ball I lost as a kid -- I'd be able to know which players would be well. And I'd be able to afford great seats, because I'd make a killing in the stock market LOL.

Yea, a lot of mediocre options so there is definitely an opportunity. The way Thibs operates there's a clear pecking order right now and Deuce is at the end due to the trust like you said. I hate playing Burks at PG so much but it is what it is. The offense really runs thru Randle and now RJ a little more and more so I think that is Thibs thought. I would love to see Deuce get more of a shot but might take some time or more injuries. Even with Rose and Kemba out Deuce isnt playing so may take another injury or 2
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#397 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:01 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Own what? :lol:

I know folks can't argue the point when they start making judgements about me (or anyone else) as a person.

To pretend that I'm unreasonable is pretty rich when you quoted me, asked me to own it (what?), and now that I constructively, rationally, politely made my case, you're running away from the conversation, but not without questioning my character first.

That's pretty low.

Chanel. We're busting your balls, not judging your character. We all end up being the butt of each other's jokes here and it was your turn in the barrel. Let it go
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#398 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Clyde acted like this to posters when Frank would have a random good game too, who’s 10x worse than RJ :lol:

Doesn’t look like a compliment at all. Nobody saw it that way. Sounds like you’re changing your tune since you were called out :lol:

It's alright if you didn't understand. When are you going to share your cookies with us?
ImageImageImage
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#399 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:03 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote: Chanel doesn’t flip flop. He’s pretty consistent with his takes.

Tell em!!!

Yeah, you're pretty consistent

Consistently bad

That's true.

It's funny how many things I have in common with RJ!
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#400 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:04 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

It's alright if you didn't understand. When are you going to share your cookies with us?

i ate them all

Return to New York Knicks