ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Get Reddish per Woj

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Re: Knicks Get Reddish per Woj 

Post#1921 » by Oscirus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:48 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:To best utilize Cam with RJ and Randle, you need to play him at Point Guard/Point Forward

He's not a point forward, you can play him in lineups with RJ who can run some offense but Cam has a scorers mindset he's not running offense.

yup at duke when tre went down, it was barrett who became pg not cam
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#1922 » by Oscirus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:49 am

rj vs cam has already started on twitter

Read on Twitter
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Post#1923 » by F N 11 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:10 am

Following the trade, it was revealed that Reddish had requested a trade over the summer. General manager Travis Schlenk worked with Reddish to find the right deal.

Reddish was stuck behind talented wings like Bogdan Bogdanovic and DeAndre Hunter in Atlanta. He is looking for an expanded role and more touches with this trade.

Hmmm this tells me Management and Cams team had to agree on some role right? If not why would he choose NYC?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#1924 » by 2010 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:35 am

F N 11 wrote:
Following the trade, it was revealed that Reddish had requested a trade over the summer. General manager Travis Schlenk worked with Reddish to find the right deal.

Reddish was stuck behind talented wings like Bogdan Bogdanovic and DeAndre Hunter in Atlanta. He is looking for an expanded role and more touches with this trade.

Hmmm this tells me Management and Cams team had to agree on some role right? If not why would he choose NYC?

Definitely politics involved. You know Leon, WWW, Aller, and Perry have been moving on their own accord with disregard to Thibs.

We know this cuz Thibs wanted to keep Bullock but we let him go for Perry’s recommendation of Fournier. We know Thibs wasn’t thrilled with Kemba cuz of his size and need for load management yet the front office brought him in the fold and let Elfrid go anyway.

Furthermore, the evidence exists that that front office is doing what they feel they want to do, without Thibs ultimate approval. Just examine Thibs comments post-Reddish trade — he sounds very “wait and see” about it and quite lukewarm. He lowkey told Leon there’s no room to play his newest acquisition, without a subsequent move.

Hopefully, Thibs is stiff about playing Reddish and it leads to the appearance that the front office isn’t delivering on the opportunity they without a doubt have promised Reddish that he wasn’t getting in Atlanta. This could quite conceivably lead to an inevitable rift between Thibs and members of the front office. It was already previously reported that Thibs has a habit of mocking Aller and being dismissive towards him. If this move leads to Thibs not playing Reddish and making management look as if they reneged on the politics behind the motivations for the acquisition, it could expedite a divorce from Thibs and Rose.

Let’s not forget, the front office brought in Luca Vildoza late last season (another move Thibs wasn’t onboard with), Thibs was dismissive in his comments about playing him at the end of the season and showed his feelings on training camp by cutting Vildoza in favor of a career journeyman Wayne Selden, who has recently been cut by the front office.

Also, keep in mind Scott Perry brought in ex-Orlando Magic player Dwayne Bacon with him in mind to make the final roster spot out of camp. Bacon was a very close friend of Kemba Walker (who again, Thibs wasn’t thrilled with acquiring). So Thibs not only cuts Vildoza, but he cuts Bacon as well and keeps his own journeyman underdog Selden, until the front office ultimately jettisons Selden, plausibly against Thibs’ wishes.

If any of this ends up on a NY Post article without crediting myself or at least RealGM, they owe me a check!

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#1925 » by cgmw » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:52 am

2010 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

Definitely politics involved. You know Leon, WWW, Aller, and Perry have been moving on their own accord with disregard to Thibs.

We know this cuz Thibs wanted to keep Bullock but we let him go for Perry’s recommendation of Fournier. We know Thibs wasn’t thrilled with Kemba cuz of his size and need for load management yet the front office brought him in the fold and let Elfrid go anyway.

Furthermore, the evidence exists that that front office is doing what they feel they want to do, without Thibs ultimate approval. Just examine Thibs comments post-Reddish trade — he sounds very “wait and see” about it and quite lukewarm. He lowkey told Leon there’s no room to play his newest acquisition, without a subsequent move.

Hopefully, Thibs is stiff about playing Reddish and it leads to the appearance that the front office isn’t delivering on the opportunity they without a doubt have promised Reddish that he wasn’t getting in Atlanta. This could quite conceivably lead to an inevitable rift between Thibs and members of the front office. It was already previously reported that Thibs has a habit of mocking Aller and being dismissive towards him. If this move leads to Thibs not playing Reddish and making management look as if they reneged on the politics behind the motivations for the acquisition, it could expedite a divorce from Thibs and Rose.

Let’s not forget, the front office brought in Luca Vildoza late last season (another move Thibs wasn’t onboard with), Thibs was dismissive in his comments about playing him at the end of the season and showed his feelings on training camp by cutting Vildoza in favor of a career journeyman Wayne Selden, who has recently been cut by the front office.

Also, keep in mind Scott Perry brought in ex-Orlando Magic player Dwayne Bacon with him in mind to make the final roster spot out of camp. Bacon was a very close friend of Kemba Walker (who again, Thibs wasn’t thrilled with acquiring). So Thibs not only cuts Vildoza, but he cuts Bacon as well and keeps his own journeyman underdog Selden, until the front office ultimately jettisons Selden, plausibly against Thibs’ wishes.

If any of this ends up on a NY Post article without crediting myself or at least RealGM, they owe me a check!

+1

Looking forward to Leon “Billy Beaning” Alec Burks right out of town. Because Thibs is definitely not playing Cam ahead of his favorite AB.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1926 » by Marty McFly » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:41 am

2010 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

Agreed and to add to this, the front office invested a first rounder on Cam. There’s no way they’re not intrigued by his upside and aren’t going to do what’s necessary to see him develop. I don’t think they’re done making moves.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#1927 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:08 am

Marty McFly wrote:
2010 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

Agreed and to add to this, the front office invested a first rounder on Cam. There’s no way they’re not intrigued by his upside and aren’t going to do what’s necessary to see him develop. I don’t think they’re done making moves.

There's a bit of Kemba being "free money" in that the Knicks had worked through most of their FA acquisitions and were pleased to have a potentially very good player at a cheap price. Yes, they were negligent about getting a PG. But the FO "might" have been more tolerant, though pissed, about Kemba.

But as you say, if the FO burns a pick - which I look at Cam as pushing the pick/asset one year out, since they control Cam through the end of next season, then they might get a bit more pissed off.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,603

Post#1928 » by stuporman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:36 pm

Listening to Locked on Knicks podcast about Cam there was some interesting defensive stats from BBIndex for him...

95th percentile in passing lane defense
86th percentile in defensive match up difficulty
84th percentile in on ball defense
77th percentile in defensive versatility
...and out of 250 players listed on per38...
8th in defensive deflections
29th in contested 3s
36th in loose ball recovered

So it looks like he still is playing active and effective defensively with the types of skills and effort a guy like Thibs would seem to love.

Along with his physical profile which the Knicks have been sorely lacking on the wing and his ability to hit the spot up 3, especially Thib's favorite, corner 3s he just might fight his way into the rotation sooner than later and get a significant role allowing the Knicks to move one of the vet wings.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#1929 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:So, just because I want this to get to 100 pages sooner than later.

Not comparing the players at ALL. Different positions, different styles etc.

But for some reason, Jamal Crawford popped into my mind.

Let's see. Drafted at age 20.
Plays near 60 games first season, same as Cam, starts less, scores about 5 per game to Cam's 10
2nd season, hurt, plays about 20 games. Hmm, same thing with Cam. Jamal scored at 9 per, Cam at 11 (league had different pace etc)
3rd season, Jamal at 10 ppg over 80 games, 30 starts, Cam probably winds up playing 65, probably scores around 12 ppg

Year 4, Jamal jump to 17 ppg and stays there around 9 years.

Anyway, Jamal's an example of a guy drafted young, had a good career, and it took until year 4 to get it together.

Some guys are pretty apparent busts by year 4, other guys are really good right away, some need 3 or 4 years.

IIRC Jamal wasn’t even into basketball growing up and he was more or less learning the game as he went along. He was just gifted with that handle and ability to get blazing hot. It took him a while to find his perfect role as an elite 6th man
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1930 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:53 pm

Oscirus wrote:
evevale wrote:
WajaBawl wrote:I just figured out how to do this avatar stuff. Good looks.

didn't appreciate you rubbing it in my face earlier when i was struggling MIGHTILY while you were sporting your shiny kakashi-sensei avatar. but i approve none the less

nice avi of amanda seyfried. This board approves

Anna Kendrick
ImageImageImage
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#1931 » by Oscirus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
evevale wrote:
didn't appreciate you rubbing it in my face earlier when i was struggling MIGHTILY while you were sporting your shiny kakashi-sensei avatar. but i approve none the less

nice avi of amanda seyfried. This board approves

Anna Kendrick

thats the gif i was talking about their avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1932 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:58 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Oscirus wrote:nice avi of amanda seyfried. This board approves

Anna Kendrick

thats the gif i was talking about their avatar

Got it. You dig those saucer-eyed girls
ImageImageImage
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1933 » by will » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:14 pm

Welp...that Kevin Knox thing didn't go well.

The RJ x Cam Reddish reunion should be fun.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 15,657

Post#1934 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:27 pm

RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1935 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:32 pm

Here's some random guy's take on why Cam is good for the Knicks.

All in service of getting this to 100 pages

thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1936 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:33 pm

Like 1/4 of these bball youtubers sound like Napolean Dynamite
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1937 » by F N 11 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:58 pm

2010 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

Facts and that Bozo didn’t mention getting Cam back just mentioned Rose and Kemba. He’s extremely annoying and dismissive towards younger players.

After he sees his talent I’m sure by end of next week he’s like “his size his versatility and ball handling blah blah” stfu
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1938 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:01 pm

Thibs is going to serve his purpose for another year or two and then Johnnie Bryant will wind up coaching the team.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1939 » by F N 11 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:03 pm

cgmw wrote:
2010 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

+1

Looking forward to Leon “Billy Beaning” Alec Burks right out of town. Because Thibs is definitely not playing Cam ahead of his favorite AB.

We like Burks but he’s not exactly lighting it up. Plus Cam is 8 years younger. We need to slim this down so Thibs won’t be putting potential guys in dog house for his faves.

Deuce wasn’t aggressive offensively for 1 or 2 games and Deuce is back in the dog house for his boy IQ who is giving absolutely nothing.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1940 » by F N 11 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:06 pm

will wrote:Welp...that Kevin Knox thing didn't go well.

The RJ x Cam Reddish reunion should be fun.

First in between the legs pass to Cam trailing for 3 with flashbacks of Duke should be fun.

Return to New York Knicks