ImageImageImageImageImage

Another move has to be coming...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Re: Another move has to be coming... 

Post#61 » by Oscirus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:04 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:So does Obi, Randle and a first rounder get us Zion? Playoffs aside, it would generate tremendous PR...right WWW?

No neither we nor any other team out there can afford zion at the current time
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,579

Post#62 » by Swish1906 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:06 pm

Mavs fan here.

We arent trading Brunson away. We are going to pay him in the summer. Even coming from the bench he was a crunchtime closer and this season he is also starting beside Luka.

I just dont see him leaving for the Knicks in Fa either. He is tight with everyone on the team and the team (and Luka) trust him at the end of games.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#63 » by Oscirus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:08 pm

Swish1906 wrote:Mavs fan here.

We arent trading Brunson away. We are going to pay him in the summer. Even coming from the bench he was a crunchtime closer and this season he is also starting beside Luka.

I just dont see him leaving for the Knicks in Fa either. He is tight with everyone on the team and the team (and Luka) trust him at the end of games.

stop ruining these people dreams, let them dream until the deadline that he can be had for a couple of seconds and the hated knicks of the day pls. kthx
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#64 » by Kampuchea » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:18 pm

Marc Berman is well known by Knicks fans for not knowing anything at all, not having any legitimate sources, and making up articles based on his own personal speculations that never actually come to fruition.

It's annoying that realgm makes wiretaps off of anything he says since he is batting 0.00%. Maybe one day he will get one right by luck I guess?
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#65 » by Slamm Goodbody » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:30 pm

Gorilla Monsoon wrote:
Slamm Goodbody wrote:I think Obi is as good as gone. The way Thibs has been cutting his minutes, it keeps him from getting hurt and keeps him from being exposed. He's shown enough to have value around the league with a down couple of weeks.

Nah, none of that makes sense to me. He's a 2nd year player, lottery pick, and a human highlight reel. He's also been durable. If you're looking to build or preserve his trade value, you play him more minutes and let him produce as much as he can. Seems like tough love from Thibs to me, trying to mold him into a better defender.

Just my thoughts- but I don't think he's being shopped like some fans think he is. If he gets moved, it better be for a significant player.

I hope you're right because I love Obi.
Mardy Collins Superfan
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 792

Post#66 » by KOA » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:18 pm

I donā€™t think it has anything to do with the Mavs not wanting to keep Brunson, itā€™s more that they lack depth and would greatly benefit from a 1 for 2/3 type of transaction. Outside of Luka, KP, and Brunson there really isnā€™t much talent on the roster (Hardaway is having a terrible season).
Swish1906
Head Coach

Post#67 » by Swish1906 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:46 pm

KOA wrote:

I donā€™t think it has anything to do with the Mavs not wanting to keep Brunson, itā€™s more that they lack depth and would greatly benefit from a 1 for 2/3 type of transaction. Outside of Luka, KP, and Brunson there really isnā€™t much talent on the roster (Hardaway is having a terrible season).

Na, the Mavs always had nice roleplayer depth (bench scoring always above average etc) but had problem with the 3rd guy (inconsistent THJ). With the emerge of Brunson as 3rd best dude and bumping down THJ to 4th option it fixes a lot of past issues.

The last thing the Mavs need is to trade Brunson in such a mentioned transaction. And for who anyway? Randle is a bad fit, wont happen. I dont think the Mavs see RJ as a better fit than Brunson (no need to discuss here who is better etc).

There just isnt any trade scenario with the Knicks that makes sense for the Mavs. If they trade Brunson, it would be for Miles Turner as example.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,143

Post#68 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:53 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
KOA wrote:

Na, the Mavs always had nice roleplayer depth (bench scoring always above average etc) but had problem with the 3rd guy (inconsistent THJ). With the emerge of Brunson as 3rd best dude and bumping down THJ to 4th option it fixes a lot of past issues.

The last thing the Mavs need is to trade Brunson in such a mentioned transaction. And for who anyway? Randle is a bad fit, wont happen. I dont think the Mavs see RJ as a better fit than Brunson (no need to discuss here who is better etc).

There just isnt any trade scenario with the Knicks that makes sense for the Mavs. If they trade Brunson, it would be for Miles Turner as example.

Keep enjoying KP when his knees finally fully blow out, but before his contract his up

Myles Turner. Sure, the Pacers want to add a PG when they already have one better than Brunson.
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#69 » by Dave DaButcher » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:55 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
KOA wrote:

Wow, and I thought we Knicks fans tended to massively overrate our players! I like Brunson, but claiming heā€™s worth RJ or Randle (even the regressed iteration) is as silly as was the decision to pay Porzingis the max.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,053

Post#70 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:56 pm

Brunson is not that great. Backup PG at best.
Itā€™s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ainā€™t directed directly at me, I donā€™t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,143

Post#71 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:59 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Brunson is not that great. Backup PG at best.

If minutes availability counts, he'd be the best PG on the Knicks if acquired.

I think it would be in the offseason, for reasons that make sense for both teams, IF it were to happen.

He's a nice player. I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't happen.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,003

Post#72 » by Reign23 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:04 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Brunson is not that great. Backup PG at best.

he started 24 games:

19.0 pts / 6.8 ast / 4.3 reb / 1.1 stl
50.7% FG / 36% 3FG / 78.6% FT

how is he a backup at best?
formerly known as knickst4pe
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,944

Post#73 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:25 pm

IQ,Obi and Evan for Dfox and bagley!!!!!!!!!!

Fox/Drose
Cam/grimes
Rj/Burks
Randle/bagley
Mitch/bagley
Swish1906
Head Coach

Post#74 » by Swish1906 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:28 pm

Dave DaButcher wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:
KOA wrote:

Wow, and I thought we Knicks fans tended to massively overrate our players! I like Brunson, but claiming heā€™s worth RJ or Randle (even the regressed iteration) is as silly as was the decision to pay Porzingis the max.

You know there is something important like fit? Randle is a poor fit for this Mavs team, thats why Brunson has more value for the Mavs (additional on being cheaper). Even if the one guy puts up "just" 16/5/5.

And maybe you didnt realize how good Brunson is this season. Or how poor RJ. Brunson is the far better playmaker, which is damn important to give Luka breaks...again, thats why Brunson is a better fit than RJ

btw: https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=barrerj01&p1yrfrom=2022&player_id1=brunsja01&p2yrfrom=2022&sum=0&request=1
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,867

Post#75 » by GettinitDone » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:31 pm

:evil:
TheGreenArrow wrote:IQ,Obi and Evan for Dfox and bagley!!!!!!!!!!

Fox/Drose
Cam/grimes
Rj/Burks
Randle/bagley
Mitch/bagley

IQ, Obi, and Evan wouldn't interest Kings to trade us Fox alone. To them, Fox is their All Star and best player. Maybe if we put in Grimes and a 2nd rounder.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,944

Post#76 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:38 pm

GettinitDone wrote::evil:

Fox/Drose
Cam/grimes
Rj/Burks
Randle/bagley
Mitch/bagley

IQ, Obi, and Evan wouldn't interest Kings to trade us Fox alone. To them, Fox is their All Star and best player. Maybe if we put in Grimes and a 2nd rounder.

Not trading grimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iq Obi and a couple of 1st rd picks would be more than enough for Dfox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#77 » by cgmw » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:40 pm

Swish1906 wrote:
Dave DaButcher wrote:
Swish1906 wrote:

You know there is something important like fit? Randle is a poor fit for this Mavs team, thats why Brunson has more value for the Mavs (additional on being cheaper). Even if the one guy puts up "just" 16/5/5.

And maybe you didnt realize how good Brunson is this season. Or how poor RJ. Brunson is the far better playmaker, which is damn important to give Luka breaks...again, thats why Brunson is a better fit than RJ

btw: https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=barrerj01&p1yrfrom=2022&player_id1=brunsja01&p2yrfrom=2022&sum=0&request=1

Thatā€™s right, the Knicks want to be more competitive now for a playoff push so they would consider trading one of their (only) two marquee players for a career backup PG.

Sounds about right.

You know what else sounds rightā€”STFU and GTFO.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#78 » by Marty McFly » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:44 pm

The move is Randle. At this point I'm not entirely sure for what though. McCollum, Simmons, Turner, Sabonis?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#79 » by cgmw » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:45 pm

I imagine the offer for Brunson would be based around Fournier and another rotation player. Not sure the math, but I could see Fournier-Kemba being the likely offer for Brunson. Could also see Toppin and Burks involved.

Fit wise, Fournier could go back to being a reliable 18ppg wing alongside Luka. Reddish would step in to fill the void
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#80 » by Marty McFly » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:48 pm

GettinitDone wrote::evil:

Fox/Drose
Cam/grimes
Rj/Burks
Randle/bagley
Mitch/bagley

the rumor is they still want to build around him. maybe they'd send us Halliburton with Hield's contract for Randle.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.

Return to New York Knicks