ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Russia-Ukraine War

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Re: OT: Russia-Ukraine War 

Post#1821 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 10, 2022 1:11 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
The Russian population is fairly uneducated now. They are going on 30+ years of deemphasizing public education, so they have the exact stupid working class they were going for.

I feel like they got a good head start but the USA will catch up. We can't be that far behind.

The brain drain from Russia due to this war is a real thing. The ones with skills and the sense to know what this war meant for Russian society have skipped the border in the tens of thousands apparently. Maybe we can bring them here to slow down the dumbing down of Americans

I don't know. Then you wind up bringing in bitter zealous over educated Russian nuts like Ayn Rand, who wind up causing all sorts of long term problems with their BS pseudo philosophy.

I think their borscht makes it worth that risk
ImageImageImage
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,948

Post#1822 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue May 10, 2022 2:35 pm

N8isScofield wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:Forgot where I read this recently but there was someone talking about how a lot of these authoritarian governments realized the best way to combat liberal democracy was to utilize extreme nationalism

This is something I learned about almost 25 years ago in Social Studies and yet there are people who I recall sitting in the class next to me who are basically the same ilk as the Capitol rioters. Even education can't combat it. It's appealing to something rotten inside a person which is either innate or learned early at home.

Heh, I was honestly thinking about China more than anything. Even Hungary. But yes, America too. Our country is damn polarized.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#1823 » by robillionaire » Tue May 10, 2022 4:05 pm

There will be a brain drain from the US in the coming years. Educated people with the means will leave. I wouldn’t advise any people fleeing war zones to come here. The people they flew out of Afghanistan to escape the taliban may as well just go on back.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#1824 » by N8isScofield » Tue May 10, 2022 8:16 pm

robillionaire wrote:There will be a brain drain from the US in the coming years. Educated people with the means will leave. I wouldn’t advise any people fleeing war zones to come here. The people they flew out of Afghanistan to escape the taliban may as well just go on back.

I'm waiting for my mother to retire to leave. Last year I sold 2 pieces of real estate here and bought places in London and Madrid. I've got UK and Spanish citizenship so going to divide my time between the 2. I always thought the people who saw the iceberg and didn't make a dash to the rafts on the Titanic were fools. The writing is very clearly on the wall with America. I'd rather be too early than too late.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#1825 » by HighRyzer83 » Tue May 10, 2022 9:11 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The Russian population is fairly uneducated now. They are going on 30+ years of deemphasizing public education, so they have the exact stupid working class they were going for.

I feel like they got a good head start but the USA will catch up. We can't be that far behind.

The brain drain from Russia due to this war is a real thing. The ones with skills and the sense to know what this war meant for Russian society have skipped the border in the tens of thousands apparently. Maybe we can bring them here to slow down the dumbing down of Americans

Russian people are tough, low maintenance, and resourceful. We can stand to interfuse them with some of the entitled knuckle draggers we have here.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#1826 » by BKlutch » Wed May 11, 2022 6:38 pm

Two Russian journalists appear to defy Putin, slamming the war in Ukraine

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/10/media/russia-journalists-criticize-putin/index.html?utm_term=165223071926139029ca8b320&utm_source=cnn_Reliable+Sources+-+May+10%2C+2022&utm_medium=email&bt_ee=2Dex7R%2BVHAfPF%2FfQcUwFZ4wjaHJ6jTEFNu5pzQySA%2FZnjMKQ09xeJ2lcEUrO7W7f&bt_ts=1652230719265

By Henry Klapper, CNN
Updated 7:26 AM ET, Tue May 10, 2022

(CNN Business)Two Russian reporters appeared to post at least 30 articles on Monday that criticized President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

CNN reviewed the articles, which were taken down almost immediately after they were published on a pro-Kremlin news site. Some were pegged to the 77th anniversary of the Soviet Union's defeat of Nazi Germany, while others criticized Putin for using Russia's Victory Day to justify his violent onslaught in Ukraine.

Reporters Egor Polyakov and Alexandra Miroshnikova made several claims in their articles, including that Russian defense officials were "lying to relatives" of those killed on the Russian Navy's Black Sea Fleet flagship. They directly accused Putin of launching one of the "bloodiest wars of the 21st century."

"Putin and his circle are doomed to face a tribunal after the end of the war," Polyakov and Miroshnikova published to the news site Lenta.ru. "Putin and his associates won't be able to justify themselves or flee after losing this war."

Reporting critical of the government in Russian media is extremely rare — especially since the war in Ukraine started in February.

The Russian parliament passed a law in early March criminalizing what it considers to be falsehoods about Russia's war in Ukraine. Breaking that law could result in a 1.5 million ruble (around $21,500) fine or up to 15 years in prison. Putin and state media still refer to the full-scale ground war in Ukraine only as a "special operation."

In March, a long-time Russian TV editor, Marina Ovsyannikova, made headlines for disrupting a live broadcast while holding up an anti-war sign on Russia's Channel 1. She was arrested and fined 30,000 rubles (about $280 at the time.) Ovsyannikova is now reporting for a German-owned news outlet from Russia and Ukraine.

'Putin must go'
Polyakov and Miroshnikova are both business editors at Lenta.ru, a major pro-Kremlin Russian news site. The outlet's parent company was recently bought by Russia's Sberbank (SBRCY), which is subject to US sanctions for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
CNN reached out to the two reporters and lenta.ru for comment but did not immediately receive a response.
Independent Russian news site Mediazone published what it said was a statement from Polyakov and Miroshnikova after the articles made their appearance.

"Putin is a paranoid dictator," they were quoted as saying. "Putin must go. He started a senseless war and is leading Russia into a ditch."

Polyakov and Miroshnikova not only publicly rejected the government line on the Russia's invasion but went as far as to accuse Putin of lying about his intentions in Ukraine from the outset.

"Putin repeatedly lied about his plans for Russia in Ukraine, naming one goal at first then a completely different one." They pointed to Putin's call for a "liberation of Donbass," "de-Nazification," and the "demilitarization of Ukraine," as examples of what they describe as hastily put together justifications for a needless war.

One of the articles focused on what Polyakov and Miroshnikova described as the Russian military lying to families of Russian sailors who died on the Moskva flag ship that sank in the Black Sea last month.

The article claimed the Russian navy may have recirculated old images of the Moskva's crew to suggest more sailors made it off the ship unharmed than really did. "The video of the Black Sea fleet leadership and crew members that the Defense Ministry circulated after the tragedy could've been archival since a relative of a missing crew member actually recognized him in the video itself."

CNN could not independently confirm these claims.

Each article the pair posted to the site started with the same urgent plea under the headline.
"Disclaimer: This material is not approved by the state, therefore the Presidential administration will delete it... In other words: TAKE A SCREENSHOT URGENTLY before it's deleted."

The duo also appeared to sign off from Lenta.ru saying, "We're looking for work, lawyers and probably, political asylum!"

"Don't be afraid, don't be quiet," they continued in an apparent call to action. "Resist! You are not one, you are many! The future is yours!... Peace to Ukraine!"

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#1827 » by nedleeds » Wed May 11, 2022 6:53 pm

N8isScofield wrote:Last year I sold 2 pieces of real estate here and bought places in London and Madrid.

I have an eu(spain) passport also. Spain is a great place to retire with money, especially North where my family was from. But to work and earn a living there is not close to what the average middle class American enjoys. The unemployment there hasn't abated since 1980s, not sure if its dipped below 9%.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1828 » by BKlutch » Wed May 11, 2022 7:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Ukraine blew up the second Russian T-90 tank, the (?former) pride of their military. Putin has been rumored to be purging the leaders of his intelligence services for giving him misleading and even falsified information about Ukraine prior to his invasion. Meanwhile, Putin has put on as much weight as Fat Felton, looks puffy, weak, and not at all like his former self. I suspect that at this time, only his brain remains fully capable of implementing the evil he chooses to unleash on innocent civilians.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#1829 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 12, 2022 7:04 am

BKlutch wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ukraine blew up the second Russian T-90 tank, the (?former) pride of their military. Putin has been rumored to be purging the leaders of his intelligence services for giving him misleading and even falsified information about Ukraine prior to his invasion. Meanwhile, Putin has put on as much weight as Fat Felton, looks puffy, weak, and not at all like his former self. I suspect that at this time, only his brain remains fully capable of implementing the evil he chooses to unleash on innocent civilians.

He could be on steroids given the physical description of him. I recall reading something about him being ill with COVID. Oh yeah, now I remember. I saw video of him having a conversation with someone while he was seated at a table but he was holding onto the table with each hand for dear live. It was clear to me that he must have Parkinson's and he didn't want people to see his hands shaking.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,139

Post#1830 » by thebuzzardman » Thu May 12, 2022 12:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Read on Twitter

He could be on steroids given the physical description of him. I recall reading something about him being ill with COVID. Oh yeah, now I remember. I saw video of him having a conversation with someone while he was seated at a table but he was holding onto the table with each hand for dear live. It was clear to me that he must have Parkinson's and he didn't want people to see his hands shaking.

Someone needs to feed Putin some of that special tea he likes having sent to notable dissidents.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1831 » by BKlutch » Fri May 13, 2022 12:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Read on Twitter

Or he could be shaking from nerves knowing he destroyed his legacy, he destroyed the Russian military, and will either be dead or before a tribunal in months.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1832 » by BKlutch » Sat May 14, 2022 2:13 pm

Here's another point of view on Putin's apparent weakness and illness. Newsweek quotes a Ukrainian intelligence officer as saying he knows Putin has cancer, and will not be around much longer.

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-very-sick-cancer-other-health-issues-ukrainian-official-1706606

Putin 'Very Sick' With Cancer, Other Health Issues: Ukrainian Official
BY EMMA MAYER ON 5/13/22 AT 6:08 PM EDT

Ukrainian official divulged that Russian President Vladimir Putin is "very sick" with cancer and other illnesses, the latest assertion as rumors have swirled regarding Putin's health.

Speculations that Putin is ill have floated around since the start of Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February, as many have been quick to point out instances where the Russian strongman looked pale or sickly.

Most recently, Ukraine's head of military intelligence, Major General Kyrylo Budanov, told Sky News that Putin was in a "very bad psychological and physical condition and he is very sick."

He added that Putin has "cancer and other illnesses," and when Sky News asked if he was merely spreading propaganda, Budanov replied, "It's my job, it's my work, if not me, who will know this?"

The Kremlin has continuously insisted that Putin is in good health, and Newsweek could not independently verify these claims.

Budanov added in his interview that Russia has "suffered heavy losses in manpower and armour and I can say that when the artillery strikes happened, many of the crews abandoned their equipment."

He added that the fighting in Ukraine will be finished by the end of the year, and Russia's defeat in Ukraine "will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation. This process has already been launched and they are moving into that way."

On Wednesday, Putin's absence from an ice hockey game in which he usually plays fueled more speculation that he is unwell, as he gave a video address to players and attendees instead. And last week, a claim about the Russian president was made on Telegram, saying he was preparing to undergo cancer surgery.

This is not the first suspicion that Putin has undergone surgery, and the Kremlin has previously denied that Putin had surgery related to thyroid cancer, online outlet The Moscow Times reported on April 1.

Theresa Fallon, founder and director of the Centre for Russia Europe Asia Studies (CREAS) in Brussels, told The Independent, "[Mr Putin] has always tried to emphasize his fitness and vigor, which is part of his brand. Illness does not fit with Putin's strong man narrative that has been carefully cultivated over the years by the Kremlin. This makes me wonder if there is really something else going on behind the scenes."

TOPSHOT-RUSSIA-HISTORY-WWII-ANNIVERSARY
A Ukrainian official divulged that Russian President Vladimir Putin has "cancer and other illnesses," while the Kremlin continues to deny claims that he is ill. Above, Putin leaves Red Square after the Victory Day military parade in central Moscow on May 9, 2022.

However, as the speculation continues, some believe that instances of Putin looking shaky or ill are only theatrics. Olga Lautmann, a senior fellow at the Center for European Policy Analysis, told Newsweek in an earlier report, "I think that Putin coming out and exhibiting symptoms of sickness was more theatrics and distraction. If Putin was really ill, he wouldn't want people surrounding him to know."

Concerns for Putin's health came most recently after his appearance at the Victory Day parade on May 9, in which he had his legs covered with a blanket and seemed to hold onto the podium tightly when giving an address.

Newsweek reached out to the Russian Defense Ministry and the Kremlin for comment.

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#1833 » by Clyde_Style » Sat May 14, 2022 3:36 pm

BKlutch wrote:Here's another point of view on Putin's apparent weakness and illness. Newsweek quotes a Ukrainian intelligence officer as saying he knows Putin has cancer, and will not be around much longer.

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-very-sick-cancer-other-health-issues-ukrainian-official-1706606
Putin 'Very Sick' With Cancer, Other Health Issues: Ukrainian Official
BY EMMA MAYER ON 5/13/22 AT 6:08 PM EDT

Ukrainian official divulged that Russian President Vladimir Putin is "very sick" with cancer and other illnesses, the latest assertion as rumors have swirled regarding Putin's health.

Speculations that Putin is ill have floated around since the start of Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February, as many have been quick to point out instances where the Russian strongman looked pale or sickly.

Most recently, Ukraine's head of military intelligence, Major General Kyrylo Budanov, told Sky News that Putin was in a "very bad psychological and physical condition and he is very sick."

He added that Putin has "cancer and other illnesses," and when Sky News asked if he was merely spreading propaganda, Budanov replied, "It's my job, it's my work, if not me, who will know this?"

The Kremlin has continuously insisted that Putin is in good health, and Newsweek could not independently verify these claims.

Budanov added in his interview that Russia has "suffered heavy losses in manpower and armour and I can say that when the artillery strikes happened, many of the crews abandoned their equipment."

He added that the fighting in Ukraine will be finished by the end of the year, and Russia's defeat in Ukraine "will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation. This process has already been launched and they are moving into that way."

On Wednesday, Putin's absence from an ice hockey game in which he usually plays fueled more speculation that he is unwell, as he gave a video address to players and attendees instead. And last week, a claim about the Russian president was made on Telegram, saying he was preparing to undergo cancer surgery.

This is not the first suspicion that Putin has undergone surgery, and the Kremlin has previously denied that Putin had surgery related to thyroid cancer, online outlet The Moscow Times reported on April 1.

Theresa Fallon, founder and director of the Centre for Russia Europe Asia Studies (CREAS) in Brussels, told The Independent, "[Mr Putin] has always tried to emphasize his fitness and vigor, which is part of his brand. Illness does not fit with Putin's strong man narrative that has been carefully cultivated over the years by the Kremlin. This makes me wonder if there is really something else going on behind the scenes."

TOPSHOT-RUSSIA-HISTORY-WWII-ANNIVERSARY
A Ukrainian official divulged that Russian President Vladimir Putin has "cancer and other illnesses," while the Kremlin continues to deny claims that he is ill. Above, Putin leaves Red Square after the Victory Day military parade in central Moscow on May 9, 2022.

However, as the speculation continues, some believe that instances of Putin looking shaky or ill are only theatrics. Olga Lautmann, a senior fellow at the Center for European Policy Analysis, told Newsweek in an earlier report, "I think that Putin coming out and exhibiting symptoms of sickness was more theatrics and distraction. If Putin was really ill, he wouldn't want people surrounding him to know."

Concerns for Putin's health came most recently after his appearance at the Victory Day parade on May 9, in which he had his legs covered with a blanket and seemed to hold onto the podium tightly when giving an address.

Newsweek reached out to the Russian Defense Ministry and the Kremlin for comment.

Time to saddle up for another shirtless photo shoot

Behold a pale horse named death
ImageImageImage
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#1834 » by N8isScofield » Sun May 15, 2022 5:29 pm

nedleeds wrote:
N8isScofield wrote:Last year I sold 2 pieces of real estate here and bought places in London and Madrid.

I have an eu(spain) passport also. Spain is a great place to retire with money, especially North where my family was from. But to work and earn a living there is not close to what the average middle class American enjoys. The unemployment there hasn't abated since 1980s, not sure if its dipped below 9%.

Yeah thankfully I can work remotely from anywhere and I have a number of investments so local employment won't be an issue. I hope that things will improve for the average Spaniard though. Very warm people in my experience who deserve better.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,948

Post#1835 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri May 20, 2022 12:00 am

CPAC meeting with Orban in Hungary. Before he became a Putin dog, Orban actually was very anti-Russia but Putin managed to turn him into a Trojan horse. Looks like a bunch of traitors to America are trying to learn the same techniques.
lloydj
Rookie
And1: 97

Post#1836 » by lloydj » Mon May 23, 2022 4:35 pm

N8isScofield wrote:
robillionaire wrote:There will be a brain drain from the US in the coming years. Educated people with the means will leave. I wouldn’t advise any people fleeing war zones to come here. The people they flew out of Afghanistan to escape the taliban may as well just go on back.

I'm waiting for my mother to retire to leave. Last year I sold 2 pieces of real estate here and bought places in London and Madrid. I've got UK and Spanish citizenship so going to divide my time between the 2. I always thought the people who saw the iceberg and didn't make a dash to the rafts on the Titanic were fools. The writing is very clearly on the wall with America. I'd rather be too early than too late.

Never bet against America. This country self heals itself better then any other Country on this Earth, through all keens of Turmoil and Cockamamie Scheming Politician. The smartest people (If not forced to stay in a Dictatorship) on this Earth will always chose America, because their ideas can truly be realized. 8-)
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1837 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 23, 2022 5:03 pm

BKlutch wrote:Two Russian journalists appear to defy Putin, slamming the war in Ukraine

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/10/media/russia-journalists-criticize-putin/index.html?utm_term=165223071926139029ca8b320&utm_source=cnn_Reliable+Sources+-+May+10%2C+2022&utm_medium=email&bt_ee=2Dex7R%2BVHAfPF%2FfQcUwFZ4wjaHJ6jTEFNu5pzQySA%2FZnjMKQ09xeJ2lcEUrO7W7f&bt_ts=1652230719265

By Henry Klapper, CNN

(CNN Business)Two Russian reporters appeared to post at least 30 articles on Monday that criticized President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

CNN reviewed the articles, which were taken down almost immediately after they were published on a pro-Kremlin news site. Some were pegged to the 77th anniversary of the Soviet Union's defeat of Nazi Germany, while others criticized Putin for using Russia's Victory Day to justify his violent onslaught in Ukraine.

Reporters Egor Polyakov and Alexandra Miroshnikova made several claims in their articles, including that Russian defense officials were "lying to relatives" of those killed on the Russian Navy's Black Sea Fleet flagship. They directly accused Putin of launching one of the "bloodiest wars of the 21st century."

"Putin and his circle are doomed to face a tribunal after the end of the war," Polyakov and Miroshnikova published to the news site Lenta.ru. "Putin and his associates won't be able to justify themselves or flee after losing this war."

Reporting critical of the government in Russian media is extremely rare — especially since the war in Ukraine started in February.

The Russian parliament passed a law in early March criminalizing what it considers to be falsehoods about Russia's war in Ukraine. Breaking that law could result in a 1.5 million ruble (around $21,500) fine or up to 15 years in prison. Putin and state media still refer to the full-scale ground war in Ukraine only as a "special operation."

In March, a long-time Russian TV editor, Marina Ovsyannikova, made headlines for disrupting a live broadcast while holding up an anti-war sign on Russia's Channel 1. She was arrested and fined 30,000 rubles (about $280 at the time.) Ovsyannikova is now reporting for a German-owned news outlet from Russia and Ukraine.

'Putin must go'
Polyakov and Miroshnikova are both business editors at Lenta.ru, a major pro-Kremlin Russian news site. The outlet's parent company was recently bought by Russia's Sberbank (SBRCY), which is subject to US sanctions for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
CNN reached out to the two reporters and lenta.ru for comment but did not immediately receive a response.
Independent Russian news site Mediazone published what it said was a statement from Polyakov and Miroshnikova after the articles made their appearance.

"Putin is a paranoid dictator," they were quoted as saying. "Putin must go. He started a senseless war and is leading Russia into a ditch."

Polyakov and Miroshnikova not only publicly rejected the government line on the Russia's invasion but went as far as to accuse Putin of lying about his intentions in Ukraine from the outset.

"Putin repeatedly lied about his plans for Russia in Ukraine, naming one goal at first then a completely different one." They pointed to Putin's call for a "liberation of Donbass," "de-Nazification," and the "demilitarization of Ukraine," as examples of what they describe as hastily put together justifications for a needless war.

One of the articles focused on what Polyakov and Miroshnikova described as the Russian military lying to families of Russian sailors who died on the Moskva flag ship that sank in the Black Sea last month.

The article claimed the Russian navy may have recirculated old images of the Moskva's crew to suggest more sailors made it off the ship unharmed than really did. "The video of the Black Sea fleet leadership and crew members that the Defense Ministry circulated after the tragedy could've been archival since a relative of a missing crew member actually recognized him in the video itself."

Each article the pair posted to the site started with the same urgent plea under the headline.
"Disclaimer: This material is not approved by the state, therefore the Presidential administration will delete it... In other words: TAKE A SCREENSHOT URGENTLY before it's deleted."

The duo also appeared to sign off from Lenta.ru saying, "We're looking for work, lawyers and probably, political asylum!"

"Don't be afraid, don't be quiet," they continued in an apparent call to action. "Resist! You are not one, you are many! The future is yours!... Peace to Ukraine!"

And this …

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/russia-ukraine-war-diplomat-resigns_n_628b8284e4b0415d4d7a158a

DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — A veteran Russian diplomat to the U.N. Office at Geneva says he handed in his resignation before sending out a scathing letter to foreign colleagues inveighing against the “aggressive war unleashed” by President Vladimir Putin in Ukraine.

Boris Bondarev, 41, confirmed his resignation in a letter delivered Monday morning at the Russian diplomatic mission after a diplomatic official passed on his English-language statement to The Associated Press.

“For twenty years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on Feb. 24 of this year,” he wrote, alluding to the date of Russia’s invasion. veteran Russian diplomat to the U.N. Office at Geneva says he handed in his resignation before sending out a scathing letter to foreign colleagues inveighing against the “aggressive war unleashed” by President Vladimir Putin in Ukraine.

Boris Bondarev, 41, confirmed his resignation in a letter delivered Monday morning at the Russian diplomatic mission after a diplomatic official passed on his English-language statement to The Associated Press.
Free Palestine
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1838 » by BKlutch » Wed May 25, 2022 2:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Two Russian journalists appear to defy Putin, slamming the war in Ukraine

By Henry Klapper, CNN

'Putin must go'

And this …

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/russia-ukraine-war-diplomat-resigns_n_628b8284e4b0415d4d7a158a

DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — A veteran Russian diplomat to the U.N. Office at Geneva says he handed in his resignation before sending out a scathing letter to foreign colleagues inveighing against the “aggressive war unleashed” by President Vladimir Putin in Ukraine.

“For twenty years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on Feb. 24 of this year,” he wrote, alluding to the date of Russia’s invasion. veteran Russian diplomat to the U.N. Office at Geneva says he handed in his resignation before sending out a scathing letter to foreign colleagues inveighing against the “aggressive war unleashed” by President Vladimir Putin in Ukraine.

Some have VPNS too!

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#1839 » by 8516knicks » Wed May 25, 2022 8:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

By Henry Klapper, CNN

'Putin must go'

And this …

Thought it said Boris Badenoff for a second... :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1840 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 25, 2022 9:26 pm

8516knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

And this …

Thought it said Boris Badenoff for a second... :lol:

Ha, I did a double-take too. And it's "Badenov". "I make bomb. I give bomb to Moose. Who gets blown up? Me. Ooo boy"
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks