ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Russia-Ukraine War

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,371
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: OT: Russia-Ukraine War 

Post#1841 » by BKlutch » Thu May 26, 2022 11:58 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
8516knicks wrote:

Thought it said Boris Badenoff for a second... :lol:

Ha, I did a double-take too. And it's "Badenov". "I make bomb. I give bomb to Moose. Who gets blown up? Me. Ooo boy"

Russia couldn't be doing worse if Bullwinkle's Badenov was really running the show war for them.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#1842 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 26, 2022 3:37 pm

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
Thought it said Boris Badenoff for a second... :lol:

Ha, I did a double-take too. And it's "Badenov". "I make bomb. I give bomb to Moose. Who gets blown up? Me. Ooo boy"

Russia couldn't be doing worse if Bullwinkle's Badenov was really running the show war for them.

I saw a report last night that Russia has lost 1/3 of its total military power so far.

Also, that someone in the inner circle tried unsuccessfully to poison/assassinate Putin.
Free Palestine
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1843 » by BKlutch » Fri May 27, 2022 2:33 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I saw a report last night that Russia has lost 1/3 of its total military power so far.

Also, that someone in the inner circle tried unsuccessfully to poison/assassinate Putin.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1844 » by BKlutch » Fri May 27, 2022 3:16 am

Ukraine Is Using Quiet Electric Bikes to Haul Anti-Tank Weapons
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgde8k/ukraine-is-using-quiet-electric-bikes-to-haul-anti-tank-weapons

The Ukrainian military is using stealthy electric bikes modified to carry next-generation light anti-tank weapons (NLAWS) to fight Russia.

Soldiers on electric bikes have been spotted across Ukraine since the early days of the war, mostly on ELEEK brand bikes. e-bikes are fast and, critically, much quieter than a gas powered bike. They allow soldiers to perform quick guard patrols or move swiftly into position.

https://reddit.com/?utm_content=logo&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=439ebf309a5b467fbf1a76f5a835cc99&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=upawar

On Telegram last week, pictures surfaced of the Delfast branded bikes that had been modified to carry massive anti-tank weapons. The two photos showed the e-bike modified with a crate on the back and a huge missile launcher poking from the back.

The e-bikes are used for transporting the launchers; the anti-tank weapons aren’t fired from the back of the bikes. The quiet design and fast speed—a Delfast can reach speeds up to 50 mph—allow the bikes to move NLAWS into position and quickly flee once fired.

Both Delfast and ELEEK are Ukrainian companies. When reached for comment, representatives of Delfast in the United States denied it had sold Ukraine any of its bikes. “Delfast continues to support the people of Ukraine. We are working with governments and the larger tech community to end this war,” a representative of Delfast in the U.S. told Motherboard. “We have not sold Delfast bikes or made modifications to our e-bikes to support any military action. We are also donating 5% of all sales to fund humanitarian efforts in Ukraine.”

This is technically true: Delfast has not sold the Ukrainian military any of its bikes. It gave them away. Daniel Tonkopi, CEO of Delfast, is Ukrainian. When the pictures of the modified e-bikes surfaced on Telegram, Tonkopi shared them on his personal Facebook page and explained what was going on.

“Delfast has been providing electric bikes to the Ukrainian Army since the first day of the war,” he wrote on Facebook. “We transferred electric bikes to the front line, but we did not talk about it—we do some things quietly. Now we've gotten permission from the command, and we're publishing these pictures.”

Tonkopi also shared some quotes he said were feedback from the Ukrainian military about the bike. “The bike was great and can really work for mobile groups,” a member of the Ukrainian military said, according to Tonkopi. “Plans to use it for aero driving tours and with equipment for work on tanks.”

“It was very hot out there. Three cars came back with holes, the guys intact luckily,” said another unnamed member of the Ukrainian military, according to Tonkopi. “One of them got his arm caught on the edge. All in all, your bike was highly appreciated by the guys.”

Tonkopi also mentioned the donations on his Facebook page. “We help the Ukrainian Army from our own pocket,” he said in his post. “Since the first day of the war, we have been donating at least 5% of all revenues to help Ukraine.”

Militaries across the world have been developing electronic stealth bikes for around a decade. Australia has been testing them for the scouting missions and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)—the Pentagon’s mad scientists—began throwing money at the problem in 2014. The development has led to two prototypes: the NightHawk and the Nightmare. The SilentHawk is a hybrid model that sounds about as loud as a vacuum cleaner and can get up to 80 mph. Less is known about the Nightmare.

The speed and low heat signature make e-bikes ideal for reconnaissance and special operations. In addition to the NLAW hauling Delfast bikes, reports have flourished online of Ukraine using e-bikes to move snipers around the battlefield and quickly deliver medical supplies.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1845 » by BKlutch » Fri May 27, 2022 3:22 am

And if the previous post wasn't enough, read this. If they weren't killing thousands of innocent civiliants, it would be laughably bad. But it's just genocidally bad.

Russian Military Readies 60-Year-Old Tanks and Civilian Boats as War Drags On

Old tanks are coming out of storage, the Russian Navy is eying civilian ships, and there’s no longer an upper limit on military recruitment age. by Matthew Gault

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dgnyb/russian-military-readies-60-year-old-tanks-and-civilian-boats-as-war-drags-on

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#1846 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 27, 2022 5:59 am

BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Russia couldn't be doing worse if Bullwinkle's Badenov was really running the show war for them.

That has to be flipping Putin out very bigly.
Free Palestine
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1847 » by BKlutch » Fri May 27, 2022 1:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

That has to be flipping Putin out very bigly.

Knicks fans should hope it is flipping Putin out very Quickley.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1848 » by BKlutch » Fri May 27, 2022 6:53 pm

Russia's Shrinking War in Ukraine

Areas of contested fighting in the war in Ukraine March, April, and May 2022

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/05/24/world/europe/russia-shrinking-war-ukraine.html

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#1849 » by 8516knicks » Sun May 29, 2022 12:43 pm

BKlutch wrote:Russia's Shrinking War in Ukraine

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/05/24/world/europe/russia-shrinking-war-ukraine.html

Russian dead in Ukraine war - now 30,000. I think that's 5-10,000 in May? How long can they keep going at that rate?? :crazy:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/russian-soldier-death-toll-reaches-30000-in-ukraine-war/
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,280

Post#1850 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 29, 2022 1:31 pm

Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,365

Post#1851 » by Zenzibar » Sun May 29, 2022 5:50 pm

Some Jew, Black, etc hating members of Ukraine's scumbag ulta white Azov regiment many here want to continue to fund with billions of our dollars. Interesting.

Stop All Genocides
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#1852 » by BKlutch » Mon May 30, 2022 2:28 am

8516knicks wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Russia's Shrinking War in Ukraine

Russian dead in Ukraine war - now 30,000. I think that's 5-10,000 in May? How long can they keep going at that rate?? :crazy:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/russian-soldier-death-toll-reaches-30000-in-ukraine-war/

Lets do the math:
Starting # of Russian soldiers: 175,000
Killed so far..................... .-30,000
Captured, deserted, wounded: -30,00. Total 60,000 removed from the battlefield.

Remaining:.......................115,000

Total combatants decreased by 60,000 in 3 months, or 20,000 per month. At this rate, their army will be totally gone in 5 months.

But this won't happen — the best were probably lost first, along with 12 generals, so attrition will increase. Their tanks are disappearing at a rapid rate and their equipment is in low supply. So realistically, if the losses continue at this rate, they'd be lucky to still be fighting in 3 months.

Of course, Putin could suddenly be required to have a "change of heart" and resign, their economy will be struggling, they're low on combat ships, and they can't easily resupply. Ukraine may get Harp Missiles that can attack over 35 miles into Russia and Harpoon missiles that could sink the rest of the Russian fleet. New Russian leadership could arrange a ceasefire well before then they run out of soldiers under the age of Wingo.

I mourn the Ukrainian civilians who are dying, but I also mourn the soldiers on both sides. The Ukrainian soldiers are dying to save their homeland. The Russians are dying because they have no real choice, given their leadership. Wars like this should never be fought. How the peace is handled is crucial the the well being of this portion of the word, and far beyond, too.

8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#1853 » by 8516knicks » Mon May 30, 2022 4:30 am

Zenzibar wrote:Some Jew, Black, etc hating members of Ukraine's scumbag ulta white Azov regiment many here want to continue to fund with billions of our dollars. Interesting.

Looks photoshopped to me..
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#1854 » by 8516knicks » Tue Dec 6, 2022 3:46 pm

Okay, while we're stuck in Mid/neutral, time for a post about a country on a winning streak. :D

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,239

Post#1855 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Dec 6, 2022 4:01 pm

Zenzibar wrote:Some Jew, Black, etc hating members of Ukraine's scumbag ulta white Azov regiment many here want to continue to fund with billions of our dollars. Interesting.

There's no evidence that the Ukraine is a fascist state, or even that they have a strong fascist faction within the state. Nato and the EU stands against fascism just as much as they stand against communism. One photo, even if it's real and you provided no evidence that it is, but even if it is, 10 people? That's meaningless.

America probably has 50 or 100 times as many dedicated fascists as the Ukraine does. America might have more loyal fascists than any other nation in the world, God bless us. The irony behind this is that fascists in the US are more likely to say "just let Russia win" rather than siding with their own, which by itself, should be further evidence that the Ukraine isn't a bastion of fascism.
Go NY Go NY Go
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,823

Post#1856 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 6, 2022 4:26 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:

There's no evidence that the Ukraine is a fascist state, or even that they have a strong fascist faction within the state. Nato and the EU stands against fascism just as much as they stand against communism. One photo, even if it's real and you provided no evidence that it is, but even if it is, 10 people? That's meaningless.

America probably has 50 or 100 times as many dedicated fascists as the Ukraine does. America might have more loyal fascists than any other nation in the world, God bless us. The irony behind this is that fascists in the US are more likely to say "just let Russia win" rather than siding with their own, which by itself, should be further evidence that the Ukraine isn't a bastion of fascism.

I was going to say, while I can't speak on the authenticity of this picture, I don't doubt that Ukraine has Nazis. I'm sure that there are fascists are all over Eastern Europe. Hell, we know for a fact that they're in Hungary and Italy and in control of their governments.

And yet, that has nothing to do with the USA's continued support for Ukraine. Trying to pretend that Zelenskyy is some kind of nazi, or the general populace of Ukraine are nazis is pretty ridiculous. Russia is the aggressor and in the wrong, and their war on Ukraine has negatively impacted the world economically. In my paternal home country of Barbados, the disruption of grain imports from Ukraine has had a huge impact on food production. That's more than enough reason to continue to support their defense while working towards a diplomatic resolution. Putin is a c*nt that needs his wings clipped.

And it's pretty silly to see American conservatives talking about other countries having nazis when they're a bunch of theocratic fascists themselves, and some of them are full blown terrorists. At last check, one of America's nazis just shot up a power station and sunk an area in North Carolina into darkness, leaving thousands without power over...*checks notes*...a drag show being held in the area.

Everything the American far right complains about is 100% projection.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#1857 » by Zenzibar » Tue Dec 6, 2022 6:45 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:

Sup. I posted that awhile ago, but I have since realized something very very disturbing.
You know I was actually thinking that both American political parties are fostering Neo-Nazism/fascists'.
I also have seen that if there is a civil war, as some intellectuals have warned, it'll be ignited by this movement.
Stop All Genocides
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,239

Post#1858 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Dec 6, 2022 7:23 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Sup. I posted that awhile ago, but I have since realized something very very disturbing.
You know I was actually thinking that both American political parties are fostering Neo-Nazism/fascists'.
I also have seen that if there is a civil war, as some intellectuals have warned, it'll be ignited by this movement.

I disagree with you again. Neither party is fostering Neo-Nazism, though a faction on the right kind of is. I don't know any Nazis, but I've read about some of them, and they seem like Trump/Margorie Taylor Green supporter types. I don't know of any Nazis that support key democrat issues like BLM, climate change, abortion rights, the me-too movement, so the Nazis are pretty firmly entrenched on the far end of only one of the two parties and they're a minority in that party as well.

One thing about Nazi-ism, is that it's really not a philosophy. It's just gung-ho pro nationalism. Which is why Nazi's can take any side on international issues. They're pro-Putin now because Putin helped Trump, but they have no loyalty to anyone or anything outside of themselves. Nazi-ism isn't so much a party as it's a rallying cry, but once rallied, then the decisions of how to organize still remains. It's basically a mess waiting to happen.

Being anti-Nazi makes sense because Nazi's focus on scapegoats and that can be cruel and even lead to holocausts. Being pro-Nazi is based on illusion, a false promise. Trump was as close to that as America has been in a long time. Senator McCarthy had aspects of that going on, focusing people on scapegoats. I think he borrowed from Nazi-ism and the American public seems abnormally susceptible to being warned about scapegoats.

It's true that 10 years ago, there was growing support for a Nazi-party in the Ukraine, but that was in response to Russian threat. It was a reaction. The Ukraine has gone in a different direction, a more European direction. Grow the economy, increase trade, try to join the EU. This is what Russia fears, but because "They're becoming European" isn't a good rallying cry, Russia says "They're Nazis", when in fact, the Ukraine has gone in the other direction.

As for the rest of your post, fine, America is divided between two parties, but the problem isn't that there are Nazis on both sides. I don't even know what that means or if you even know what Nazis are. Sometimes the left is called "censorship Nazis" or "politically correct Nazis" - but lets be real. That's not true Nazi-ism. It's just attaching a word to something else, and it's not even real censorship. It's just vocal objection and shaming.

Unless your idea of a civil war is a war of words, then I disagree with your post. If you're warning us about a war of words, well, I think you're too late. We already have one.
Go NY Go NY Go
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#1859 » by Zenzibar » Tue Dec 6, 2022 8:18 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

I disagree with you again. Neither party is fostering Neo-Nazism, though a faction on the right kind of is. I don't know any Nazis, but I've read about some of them, and they seem like Trump/Margorie Taylor Green supporter types. I don't know of any Nazis that support key democrat issues like BLM, climate change, abortion rights, the me-too movement, so the Nazis are pretty firmly entrenched on the far end of only one of the two parties and they're a minority in that party as well.

One thing about Nazi-ism, is that it's really not a philosophy. It's just gung-ho pro nationalism. Which is why Nazi's can take any side on international issues. They're pro-Putin now because Putin helped Trump, but they have no loyalty to anyone or anything outside of themselves. Nazi-ism isn't so much a party as it's a rallying cry, but once rallied, then the decisions of how to organize still remains. It's basically a mess waiting to happen.

Being anti-Nazi makes sense because Nazi's focus on scapegoats and that can be cruel and even lead to holocausts. Being pro-Nazi is based on illusion, a false promise. Trump was as close to that as America has been in a long time. Senator McCarthy had aspects of that going on, focusing people on scapegoats. I think he borrowed from Nazi-ism and the American public seems abnormally susceptible to being warned about scapegoats.

It's true that 10 years ago, there was growing support for a Nazi-party in the Ukraine, but that was in response to Russian threat. It was a reaction. The Ukraine has gone in a different direction, a more European direction. Grow the economy, increase trade, try to join the EU. This is what Russia fears, but because "They're becoming European" isn't a good rallying cry, Russia says "They're Nazis", when in fact, the Ukraine has gone in the other direction.

As for the rest of your post, fine, America is divided between two parties, but the problem isn't that there are Nazis on both sides. I don't even know what that means or if you even know what Nazis are. Sometimes the left is called "censorship Nazis" or "politically correct Nazis" - but lets be real. That's not true Nazi-ism. It's just attaching a word to something else, and it's not even real censorship. It's just vocal objection and shaming.

Unless your idea of a civil war is a war of words, then I disagree with your post. If you're warning us about a war of words, well, I think you're too late. We already have one.

Bro, no disrespect but you wrote a WHOLE lot but said relatively little different IMO.
As far as Nazisim, it's historically birthed when a portion of the population that was once in power, is now in their perspective disenfranchised. In the case of the U.S. the radical nationalists are the white confederates you mostly saw during Trump's regime. The same ones that rioted and stormed the Capitol.

To say they've gone away or not simmering to raise in arms is negligent.
Stop All Genocides
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#1860 » by Synciere » Tue Dec 6, 2022 8:40 pm

Yeah funding the Ukraine always seemed sus to me but if you judge every country by their worst, most bigoted everyone would be incarcerated.

Return to New York Knicks