ImageImageImageImageImage

Jalen Brunson obsession

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnicksNext
Veteran
And1: 1,509

Re: Jalen Brunson obsession 

Post#861 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 21, 2022 1:46 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
work on you reading comprehension, my guy. maybe youll understand what i typed then

Again, you provide nothing to back up your statement. Good day sir, no reason to continue.

Every time some posts this, I see this:

:lol:
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#862 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 21, 2022 2:28 am

NoStatsGuy wrote:
8516knicks wrote:********************
"...but jalen brunson aint it, trust me..." --- so, just curious, who is IT in your eyes?

An obtainable, affordable PG that meets your demands?

Or is this yet another post by someone who can't find A SINGLE, GETTABLE, AFFORDABLE PG for the Knicks in the ENTIRE NBA? :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

yea that would be amazing, if id know that.

like i said in my original post, i think we need a young point guard that can grow with the team. i dont know who that is at this moment.

i would love someone like haliburton. but this is where we are behind every NBA team right now. They were all smart enough to lock their pg up for the future. Garland/SGA/haliburton, etc. maybe lonzo is gettable that would be the kinda player we need.

but we dont have to know the answers right now. we just cant overpay for a player, that clearly is not the answer. that also doesnt mean i dont want him on the team at all. but i am not convinced, that he will be better than fournier or someone else.

Yes, what about Jalen Brunson? Did you know that 25 is not old? Did you know that Obi is 24? :lol:
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#863 » by Marty McFly » Sat May 21, 2022 2:48 am

imagine having 50 mill tide up on Brunson and Randle. :lol:
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#864 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 21, 2022 3:01 am

Marty McFly wrote:imagine having 50 mill tide up on Brunson and Randle. :lol:

imagine having it tied up with Doncic and Brunson and having your team playing in the conference finals. 8-)
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#865 » by Marty McFly » Sat May 21, 2022 3:38 am

8516knicks wrote:

imagine having it tied up with Doncic and Brunson and having your team playing in the conference finals. 8-)

a luxury only Mavs fans have.

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,483

Post#866 » by Fat Kat » Sat May 21, 2022 1:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Just start this man
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#867 » by duetta » Sat May 21, 2022 2:14 pm

If you're Brunson and you have a chance to get paid while playing serious playoff basketball next to Luca for the foreseeable future, why come to the Knicks? I mean, seriously? Cuban has to pay his ticket inasmuch as he's too important to that team to let go for random assets. How does Mitch help them (assuming that he's an asset that we can send there)? The playoffs are increasingly a three-point shooting contest in which players like Mitch cannot contribute.

If Cuban wants to alienate Luca and make him consider his options, then he lets Brunson go.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,539

Post#868 » by cgmw » Sat May 21, 2022 3:40 pm

duetta wrote:If you're Brunson and you have a chance to get paid while playing serious playoff basketball next to Luca for the foreseeable future, why come to the Knicks? I mean, seriously? Cuban has to pay his ticket inasmuch as he's too important to that team to let go for random assets. How does Mitch help them (assuming that he's an asset that we can send there)? The playoffs are increasingly a three-point shooting contest in which players like Mitch cannot contribute.

If Cuban wants to alienate Luca and make him consider his options, then he lets Brunson go.

What about Randle?

Dallas is getting absolutely slaughtered in the paint and they have Dinwiddie basically playing the same role as Brunson. Idk how far Cuban thinks they can get with a 6’6 215 lbs PF + stretch five frontcourt.

Maybe Randle’s local connection and Bullock chemistry make it happen.

Bertans
Randle
Finney-Smith
Bullock | Dinwiddie
Luka

Much better balance IMO.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#869 » by duetta » Sat May 21, 2022 4:20 pm

Dallas can take Randle off my hands without surrendering their 2nd star!
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#870 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 21, 2022 8:14 pm

One player sucks, and one player is really good. You might not want to group those two together. Also, just because we make a colossal mistake on one player, does not mean we should not consider signing another player for big money. If we follow that philosophy, the Knicks will never sign any good players.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#871 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 21, 2022 8:20 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just start this man

I mean, I like Quick as much as the next guy, but what in these photos suggests we should start him? He loves being in NY, and he plays ball a bit in the offseason?
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#872 » by KnicksNext » Sat May 21, 2022 8:22 pm

duetta wrote:If you're Brunson and you have a chance to get paid while playing serious playoff basketball next to Luca for the foreseeable future, why come to the Knicks? I mean, seriously? Cuban has to pay his ticket inasmuch as he's too important to that team to let go for random assets. How does Mitch help them (assuming that he's an asset that we can send there)? The playoffs are increasingly a three-point shooting contest in which players like Mitch cannot contribute.

Can't you just let us pretend that something good might just happen to our franchise for once? :lol:
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#873 » by Marty McFly » Sat May 21, 2022 9:51 pm

KnicksNext wrote:

One player sucks, and one player is really good. You might not want to group those two together. Also, just because we make a colossal mistake on one player, does not mean we should not consider signing another player for big money. If we follow that philosophy, the Knicks will never sign any good players.

what philosophy? the philosophy based in the reality that the salary cap exists in the NBA? I know its inconvenient to talk about, but if anyone aught to know that signing decent players to big contracts isn't conducive to anything other that paper tiger contenders, it would be knicks fans.

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,483

Post#874 » by Fat Kat » Sat May 21, 2022 11:22 pm

KnicksNext wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just start this man

I mean, I like Quick as much as the next guy, but what in these photos suggests we should start him? He loves being in NY, and he plays ball a bit in the offseason?

Has nothing to do with the pictures. He’s training with Chris Brickley and we’re not getting Brunson. I like the way he ended the season and Burke starting would be franchise malpractice. Who would you like to start?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#875 » by Reign23 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:35 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just start this man

based on cool social media posts? sure
formerly known as knickst4pe
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#876 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 22, 2022 12:36 pm

KnicksNext wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
8516knicks wrote:********************
"...but jalen brunson aint it, trust me..." --- so, just curious, who is IT in your eyes?

An obtainable, affordable PG that meets your demands?

Or is this yet another post by someone who can't find A SINGLE, GETTABLE, AFFORDABLE PG for the Knicks in the ENTIRE NBA? :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

yea that would be amazing, if id know that.

like i said in my original post, i think we need a young point guard that can grow with the team. i dont know who that is at this moment.

i would love someone like haliburton. but this is where we are behind every NBA team right now. They were all smart enough to lock their pg up for the future. Garland/SGA/haliburton, etc. maybe lonzo is gettable that would be the kinda player we need.

but we dont have to know the answers right now. we just cant overpay for a player, that clearly is not the answer. that also doesnt mean i dont want him on the team at all. but i am not convinced, that he will be better than fournier or someone else.

Yes, what about Jalen Brunson? Did you know that 25 is not old? Did you know that Obi is 24? :lol:

Knicks need to trade Obi, not on the timeline of RJ, IQ and whoever Knicks draft this year
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#877 » by Reign23 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:43 pm

tbh we might be nearing max territory for Brunson anyway.
formerly known as knickst4pe
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#878 » by 8516knicks » Sun May 22, 2022 7:05 pm

Reign23 wrote:tbh we might be nearing max territory for Brunson anyway.

Brunson is staing put. I'm sure both Jay Wright and his dad have told him what Rollie M. told Jay = "Don't mess with happy!" :wink:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,216

Post#879 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun May 22, 2022 7:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Lock this bad boy up Folksssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brunsons not coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woj has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,075

Post#880 » by TerrenceClarke » Sun May 22, 2022 7:42 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lock this bad boy up Folksssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brunsons not coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woj has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop

Return to New York Knicks