ImageImageImageImageImage

2022 New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

2022 New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1 » by Phish Tank » Fri Apr 1, 2022 10:53 pm

Shall we pin this for the upcoming season? Or does it even matter anymore?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Re: 2022 New York Yankees Thread 

Post#2 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Apr 1, 2022 10:57 pm

I don't even care. Would be nice to see a good team with a chance to get to the WS but... whatever. Baseball is the summer and I enjoy watching them no matter what.
:beer: RIP mags
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,213

Post#3 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 1, 2022 11:14 pm

We have a good team. We should push for the playoffs. Can’t really say we’re aiming for a championship though. Ownership is basically hoping we get lucky in the postseason and get hot.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,934

Post#4 » by F N 11 » Sat Apr 2, 2022 12:06 am

I told y’all same old Yankees as of late. I won’t be caring..
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#5 » by Kampuchea » Sat Apr 2, 2022 12:31 am

Yankees are good for the gear, mainly the hats. Baseball? Meh, maybe I’ll catch playoffs
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#6 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Apr 2, 2022 12:45 am

Kampuchea wrote:Yankees are good for the gear, mainly the hats. Baseball? Meh, maybe I’ll catch playoffs

The Yankees brand won’t matter much in the future, the way we’re going. Don’t think brass appreciated why you could go to some rural village in China where they’ve never heard of baseball but still see Yankees logos.
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#7 » by damedash09 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 4:27 am

Anybody see Beltran did an interview with micheal kay
damedash09
Analyst

Post#8 » by damedash09 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 4:31 am

Read on Twitter
damedash09
Analyst

Post#9 » by damedash09 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 4:32 am

Beltran in the booth now calling games and Marwin Gonzalez on the roster. Cash and the players should stop acting like they truly care that they were cheated
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#10 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 1:13 pm

damedash09 wrote:
Read on Twitter

At least he's honest. He's not trying to minimize it or spin it.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 1:24 pm

On the positive side at least the Yankees are trying to add guys that can actually get on base instead of just having a team full of swing and miss guys that almost always seem to go cold as a collective at the same time. While Donaldson may not be Correa if he can stay healthy he could become that catalyst player that the Yankees have been missing and could be huge. Still not comfortable with the starting rotation or the pen so they better hope all the question marks after Cole turn out better than worse. Yankees have a LOT of question marks as we all know.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 5:53 pm

In a Once a Yankee, Always a Yankee move, the Yankees just resigned Greg Bird to a minor league deal after he was cut by the Jays just the day before...

Bird was doing real well in Spring Training with the Jays hitting .333 with 2 homers, 5 walks and just 1 strikeout appearing to be healthy and exhibiting that keen eye he showed while in the Yankees minor league system and first year with the team before he blew out his shoulder.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#13 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 8, 2022 6:32 pm

How do you all feel about the Yankees telling the whole world they didn’t reach a deal with Judge?
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#14 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 7:14 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:How do you all feel about the Yankees telling the whole world they didn’t reach a deal with Judge?

I don't see the big deal. It was something that was discussed in the media already when Judge said he didn't want to negotiate during the season so if there wasn't news he signed an extension people were going to start asking about it. Might as well get out in front and say we didn't manage to get it done.

Personally, I think its a subtle hint that they are preparing for Judge to leave because they don't want to pay what he wants. They openly said this is what we offered 7 years 213.5 million. On face value that's a decent offer for someone with his production, age and injury history. On the other hand, his counting numbers and age are very similar to Anthony Rendon when he got his contract with the Angels of 7 years 245 million. So maybe they are saying we don't want to go over a certain amount of money for him and showed a good offer as a means to save face if he leaves.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by moocow007 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 8:52 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:How do you all feel about the Yankees telling the whole world they didn’t reach a deal with Judge?

There are very few players or situations you may want to somewhat overpay. That player and situation is here with Judge. Look, yes, he's been injury prone since his near MVP season. But just like Jeter, there are certain guys that carry more value than just their on field numbers and stats. Guys that you cannot risk leaving without putting up a decent fight. Judge is one of those guys. He is literally the poster child of the new Yankee Captain and the closest thing to the next Jeter they have. Guys like that, guys who are the face of the franchise, you don't let go cause you're not willing to budge on what you think is fair based on stats.

What this tells me is that the Yankees may also be putting up a dog and pony show when it comes to how serious they are in believing that Anthony Volpe can be the guy that anchors their infield for the next decade and that the smoke and mirrors hype is just to help deflect fans reactions when they decided to pass on every one of those star SS's well before the offseason even started. Let's be honest, Hal and his cheap ass can try to hide and spin all he wants, but it was clear to me this offseason (Seager, Correa, Story, Baez, etc, etc.) just as it was clear the previous offseason (Harper, Machado, etc.) that they have absolutely no plans on giving any more big buck contracts out to any player.

So now Hal thinks that fans are dumb and gullible enough that if they "leak" what they offered Judge that fans will go "oh that's a great deal, so much money, i can't ever make that in a lifetime!!" and actually believe that Hal tried.

I keep getting the image of bean counter Hal asking Cashman "how come the Rays can win without spending money?!?!?" over and over again every time Cashman asks for approval to spend.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#16 » by F N 11 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 8:59 pm

Shocking we still suck can’t run away with a win with our best pitcher going.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#17 » by F N 11 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 9:10 pm

I knew he was going to come through.

Judge turned down 7/230, Judge will probably walk after a monster season. Yankees cheapness is going to end them.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,012

Post#18 » by blue and orange » Fri Apr 8, 2022 10:40 pm

moocow007 wrote:

There are very few players or situations you may want to somewhat overpay. That player and situation is here with Judge. Look, yes, he's been injury prone since his near MVP season. But just like Jeter, there are certain guys that carry more value than just their on field numbers and stats. Guys that you cannot risk leaving without putting up a decent fight. Judge is one of those guys. He is literally the poster child of the new Yankee Captain and the closest thing to the next Jeter they have. Guys like that, guys who are the face of the franchise, you don't let go cause you're not willing to budge on what you think is fair based on stats.

What this tells me is that the Yankees may also be putting up a dog and pony show when it comes to how serious they are in believing that Anthony Volpe can be the guy that anchors their infield for the next decade and that the smoke and mirrors hype is just to help deflect fans reactions when they decided to pass on every one of those star SS's well before the offseason even started. Let's be honest, Hal and his cheap ass can try to hide and spin all he wants, but it was clear to me this offseason (Seager, Correa, Story, Baez, etc, etc.) just as it was clear the previous offseason (Harper, Machado, etc.) that they have absolutely no plans on giving any more big buck contracts out to any player.

So now Hal thinks that fans are dumb and gullible enough that if they "leak" what they offered Judge that fans will go "oh that's a great deal, so much money, i can't ever make that in a lifetime!!" and actually believe that Hal tried.

I keep getting the image of bean counter Hal asking Cashman "how come the Rays can win without spending money?!?!?" over and over again every time Cashman asks for approval to spend.

This☝️

This is a Yankee propaganda virtue signaling ploy to trick the fans.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#19 » by F N 11 » Fri Apr 8, 2022 11:01 pm

blue and orange wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

This☝️

Just doesn’t seem happy. .300 55 hr’s 120 RBI’s incoming.

They didn’t chase better players and legit #2 starter so they can low ball Judge and tell the offer to the media. Judge is a class act but he’s outta here.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,012

Post#20 » by blue and orange » Fri Apr 8, 2022 11:55 pm

F N 11 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

I keep getting the image of bean counter Hal asking Cashman "how come the Rays can win without spending money?!?!?" over and over
again every time Cashman asks for approval to spend.

This☝️

Just doesn’t seem happy. .300 55 hr’s 120 RBI’s incoming.

They didn’t chase better players and legit #2 starter so they can low ball Judge and tell the offer to the media. Judge is a class act but he’s outta here.

Return to New York Knicks