ImageImageImageImageImage

2022 New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Re: 2022 New York Yankees Thread 

Post#561 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Aug 4, 2022 4:51 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I'm not going back to the Mets' thread. It's a ghost town over there. Believe it or not, I can also discuss Yankees' news/transactions in a completely unbiased and neutral manner. I just love baseball.

Spoiler:
Don't make me go back to hanging out with blueNorange. Ugh.

Just become a fan of both teams already. :lol:

I'll even get you started by sending you this cap.

When you're talking to Met fans, turn to the right and when you're talking to Yankee fans, turn to the left. No one will notice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,945

Post#562 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Aug 4, 2022 5:06 pm

moocow007 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
But that's in hindsight. When the trade was made that package they sent to Oakland for Gray was significant. NY gave up 3 of their top 5 prospects. It was on par with what the Astros sent Detroit for Verlander. That's the issue. Now you can argue that Verlander didn't want to come to NY (there were a couple reports of that but then reports countering that and that it was the Yankees that didn't want to take on Verlanders contract...which...let's be honest...is more likely with Hal in charge) but at the end of the day they chose a guy that was unproven under pressure and that did not have the track record or talent most apparently because he was cheaper. That the players they traded to the A's also didn't amount to anything doesn't matter cause at the time it was a significant package.

I think Verlander was struggling too, right? I just wonder if the Yankees chased him the second time around. It doesn’t like the Astros paid that much for him, and now he’s gonna be blocking our asses three times in a series

Yep. And again to me at least it came down to dollars and cents. Hal Steinbrenner is more concerned about the bottom line than doing whatever it takes to put his team in the absolute best position to win it all. Now he's the owner and he can do whatever he wants but it feels like his goal is to just put on a good show and make a few bucks than it is to do what his dad did. Frustrating for Yankee fans that lived through the George era especially when you consider that the Yankees make more money than any other team in baseball and is valued MUCH MORE than any other team in baseball and yet Hal Steinbrenner doesn't want to use that advantage more potently. That's why you have a whole bunch of retreads or question marks in the rotation instead of guys that have shown they can perform in the biggest moments cause those guys cost a lot more. I'm positive that the reason they chased Montas instead of Rodon, who you can easily argue is the better pitcher, is because Montas is owed less than a 3rd of what Rodon is owed this season and is under control for next season (compared to Rodon who they'll have to resign for much more). It's not because Montas is the better pitcher for here and now as the Yankees chase the 13 year(?) drought.

I would have given him a fatter contract than Scherzer. Ownership really needs to just stop seeing the NY Yankees buying everything reputation as bad.Just embrace it.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#563 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 5:26 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I'm not going back to the Mets' thread. It's a ghost town over there. Believe it or not, I can also discuss Yankees' news/transactions in a completely unbiased and neutral manner. I just love baseball.

Spoiler:

When you're talking to Met fans, turn to the right and when you're talking to Yankee fans, turn to the left. No one will notice.

I want a subway series so I am rooting ethe Yanks to come out of the American League … but I love busting your balls too. Quite the conundrum. :lol:

I’ll agree to be nice except for the subway series.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#564 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 4, 2022 5:32 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Spoiler:

I want a subway series so I am rooting ethe Yanks to come out of the American League … but I love busting your balls too. Quite the conundrum. :lol:

I’ll agree to be nice except for the subway series.

:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#565 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 4, 2022 5:37 pm

https://images.app.goo.gl/barXwbybneSUe3Uj9

Why can't I get these gifs to post? I use the img button but, can't see the image?

These gifs always work though.

https://media.tenor.com/images/67f1ef894af69f5d2a99501b0ef3f686/tenor.gif?ctx=share
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#566 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 5:53 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:https://images.app.goo.gl/barXwbybneSUe3Uj9

Why can't I get these gifs to post? I use the img button but, can't see the image?

https://media.tenor.com/images/67f1ef894af69f5d2a99501b0ef3f686/tenor.gif?ctx=share

Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#567 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:00 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:https://images.app.goo.gl/barXwbybneSUe3Uj9

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,231

Post#568 » by Papi_swav » Thu Aug 4, 2022 8:44 pm

Now we have a crowded outfield, I'm not sure on this move.. I thought Monty pitched very well, the Yanks just never got any runs when he was pitching which is why he has little wins but I really like him. He's a home grown player and he battled out there, I think I would rather him than Sevy at this point.

Stanton is not great in the outfield but it was proven that he hits alot better when he's on the field rather than DHing. I agree with you guys in putting DJ and Benitendi at the top of the lineup, I get annoyed seeing Judge hitting solo hrs or 2 run HR with DJ on base, it would make alot more sense giving him more RBI opportunities .

Hicks only has 6 HRs for a guy that swings for the fences every single at bat. He's not totally washed but we have better guys now. Hope we can move him in the offseason , his contract isn't terrible but not so great either. We're also going to need a 3B soon, Donaldson has been hitting better lately but he's old now.

Also Torres has to step it up! I mean he was suppose to be our young future star especially after that 38 HR season but he's regressed. I really like our team though, we're having a historical season but we must keep the fire on and we better win that WS this year.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#569 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Aug 6, 2022 5:37 am

If we don't start hitting with RISP this team ain't doing ****... We can't win games with Stanton out? Smh

Holmes needs to find his MOJO otherwise that is a HUGE weakness right now.

It's not time to panic but our record is 6-9 since the break. We need Beni to get going and Bader to take over for Hicks who is just lost.... Guy has 6 HR's but is always swinging for the fences... Donaldson hopefully is finding a groove. Torres needs to creep closer to that .280 avg his first couple of seasons. Feel like he fell in love with the home run ball and it affected everything.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#570 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Aug 6, 2022 12:29 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:If we don't start hitting with RISP this team ain't doing ****... We can't win games with Stanton out? Smh

Holmes needs to find his MOJO otherwise that is a HUGE weakness right now.

It's not time to panic but our record is 6-9 since the break. We need Beni to get going and Bader to take over for Hicks who is just lost.... Guy has 6 HR's but is always swinging for the fences... Donaldson hopefully is finding a groove. Torres needs to creep closer to that .280 avg his first couple of seasons. Feel like he fell in love with the home run ball and it affected everything.

Yanks are playing under .500 over their last 30.

It's not that the team is bad, but they aren't really specifically anything special either.
They're an ordinary playoff bound baseball team
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#571 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Aug 6, 2022 4:52 pm

The sky is falling!!!
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,696

Post#572 » by ccvle » Sun Aug 7, 2022 1:09 am

The lineup looks pretty bad. So many holes.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#573 » by GEOLINK » Sun Aug 7, 2022 1:55 am

ccvle wrote:The lineup looks pretty bad. So many holes.

Missing Big G & Rizzo big time.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#574 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Aug 7, 2022 4:36 am

GEOLINK wrote:

Yea but even still we just have guys that can't hit.... Once again we got blanked.... 2 **** hits by the guy we traded lmao.

So many 0 for 3, 4 once again
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#575 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 7, 2022 7:01 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Yea but even still we just have guys that can't hit.... Once again we got blanked.... 2 **** hits by the guy we traded lmao.

This is your first bad stint of the season. No team goes through the entire 162 game without hitting a couple rough patches. That's what big leads are for. You'll get those guys back soon. I'm a little concerned about your pitching but once you get into the playoffs, you only need a 3-man rotation.

Is Holmes going to be okay?
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#576 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Aug 7, 2022 8:37 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Missing Big G & Rizzo big time.

This is your first bad stint of the season. No team goes through the entire 162 game without hitting a couple rough patches. That's what big leads are for. You'll get those guys back soon. I'm a little concerned about your pitching but once you get into the playoffs, you only need a 3-man rotation.

When's the Subway Series?
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#577 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Aug 7, 2022 11:55 pm

16 hits and now we can't pitch lol

Wake me when it's October
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#578 » by GEOLINK » Mon Aug 8, 2022 12:37 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Missing Big G & Rizzo big time.

Holmes has been the most overused pitcher in the bullpen. It was only a matter of time until all those innings came back to haunt him.

He needs a lot of rest.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#579 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 8, 2022 1:03 am

GEOLINK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Yea but even still we just have guys that can't hit.... Once again we got blanked.... 2 **** hits by the guy we traded lmao.

Holmes has been the most overused pitcher in the bullpen. It was only a matter of time until all those innings came back to haunt him.

He needs a lot of rest.

Just get him ready for the playoffs
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#580 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Aug 8, 2022 2:07 am

Holy shyt! Can you believe this team can't win 162 games a year! Why bother? The most boring best record in baseball I've ever seen. Fire everyone and tank! Sell the team!!!

This run should define them. If they can't bounce back from this and play better when they need to, they won't win it all. Period. The adjustment period after the deadline is a factor. Seems like Benintendi is beginning to pick up hits the last two games. You know Montas was gonna flash Sonny Gray right? :lol:

There's a lot of baseball left to play.

Return to New York Knicks