ImageImageImageImageImage

Potential Randle trades

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Re: Potential Randle trades 

Post#421 » by nyk2017 » Thu May 12, 2022 3:38 am

How about Randle for Conley and Alexander-Walker. We get a PG for 2 years to be the team leader and mentor McBride and IQ. Jazz get another option of offense that they desperately need.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,890

Post#422 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu May 12, 2022 4:41 am

nyk2017 wrote:How about Randle for Conley and Alexander-Walker. We get a PG for 2 years to be the team leader and mentor McBride and IQ. Jazz get another option of offense that they desperately need.

Yup sounds about right give us the player we had always hoped for 10 years ago now when he's 75 years old and will give us the worst season of his career to date.

Sign me up.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#423 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 12, 2022 6:59 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:How about Randle for Conley and Alexander-Walker. We get a PG for 2 years to be the team leader and mentor McBride and IQ. Jazz get another option of offense that they desperately need.

Yup sounds about right give us the player we had always hoped for 10 years ago now when he's 75 years old and will give us the worst season of his career to date.

Sign me up.

You sound a little tense. It's only our third straight decade of complete and utter incompetence. :meditate:

Spoiler:
Free Palestine
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,111

Post#424 » by moocow007 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:00 pm

You guys still not willing to accept that this Knicks FO is not going to trade Randle unless they can get a superstar in return (IOW...they aren't trading Randle)?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,111

Post#425 » by moocow007 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:02 pm

cgmw wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:At this point, I don't see the Mavs letting Brunson go, especially for Randle.

Knicks may have to look for another potential suitor.

If Brunson has a viable max-type offer from a 3rd team, then you’d think Dallas would rather spend the cap on a starting PF than a backup PG.

Either way, I don’t see Brunson to the Knicks happening without 5% of a $100M contract going to Leon’s son.

Mitch ($15m)
Obi
RJ ($30m)
Fournier ($18m)
Brunson ($25m)

Who knows wtf they’d hope to accomplish with that roster, but it would be peak Knicks to overpay Brunson while Leon’s kid gets a kickback.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#426 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 12, 2022 11:59 pm

moocow007 wrote:You guys still not willing to accept that this Knicks FO is not going to trade Randle unless they can get a superstar in return (IOW...they aren't trading Randle)?

Okay, you're probably right. But what happens if it's the same ol' Randle again to start the season? Just think about the fans at the Garden before you answer. :lol:
Free Palestine
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#427 » by Jimmit79 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:04 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:You guys still not willing to accept that this Knicks FO is not going to trade Randle unless they can get a superstar in return (IOW...they aren't trading Randle)?

Okay, you're probably right. But what happens if it's the same ol' Randle again to start the season? Just think about the fans at the Garden before you answer.
Did Dolan care when fans asked rebuild through draft?
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#428 » by Synciere » Fri May 13, 2022 1:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Okay, you're probably right. But what happens if it's the same ol' Randle again to start the season? Just think about the fans at the Garden before you answer. :lol:

All that’s going to do is lower Randles value even more and make it more likely he stays. But harping on Randle trades is just setting yourself up for anger and disappointment.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#429 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 13, 2022 1:40 am

Synciere wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

All that’s going to do is lower Randles value even more and make it more likely he stays. But harping on Randle trades is just setting yourself up for anger and disappointment.

You’re blaming the fans for Randle’s poor play?
Free Palestine
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#430 » by Appleshampoo » Fri May 13, 2022 1:48 am

Randle and the Knicks 2022 first round pick to a team that wants to trade up. What teams could absorb a Randle contract and make that kind of move?
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,808

Post#431 » by Adelheid » Fri May 13, 2022 2:12 am

Appleshampoo wrote:Randle and the Knicks 2022 first round pick to a team that wants to trade up. What teams could absorb a Randle contract and make that kind of move?

This draft year is looking weak so far

Last year draft was heavy with goodies from top even upto the lower picks (and the knicks traded down, wtf are they even thinking)
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#432 » by Synciere » Fri May 13, 2022 3:50 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Synciere wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Nope, just saying public perception impacts value, and the way we shyt on him, right or not, is lowering his value. I don’t know what he and Thibs need to do to get that ole 2020-2021 thang back, but we’re ALL about to be miserable if he doesn’t get some act right expeditiously.

I really hate signing guys and then paying a premium to get rid of them a year into four year deals. We need to(hell, HAVE TO) raise his value first. That’s why seeing him with the front office in Dallas gave me hope. Even if you want to trade him, you have to at least front like you love him. It’s like I tell my female friends in relationships. If he’s dumb enough to ask for your sexual partner “number”, look that man dead in his face and LIE! Lie like you’ve never lied before. He don’t need to know that! The rest of the league should believe he’s doing everything we ask and is a team player.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,280

Post#433 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 13, 2022 10:21 am

Knicks didn't extend Randle early to trade him. They are building around/with him, not trading him. Not now.

I mean, in a few years, if the right trade came along, I'm sure they'd consider it or do it. But right now? Knicks are absolutely building around or with Randle. I mean, it sucks, we might not like it, but let's apply some logic.
KNICKS007
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#434 » by KNICKS007 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:25 pm

Synciere wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Nope, just saying public perception impacts value, and the way we shyt on him, right or not, is lowering his value. I don’t know what he and Thibs need to do to get that ole 2020-2021 thang back, but we’re ALL about to be miserable if he doesn’t get some act right expeditiously.

I really hate signing guys and then paying a premium to get rid of them a year into four year deals. We need to(hell, HAVE TO) raise his value first. That’s why seeing him with the front office in Dallas gave me hope. Even if you want to trade him, you have to at least front like you love him. It’s like I tell my female friends in relationships. If he’s dumb enough to ask for your sexual partner “number”, look that man dead in his face and LIE! Lie like you’ve never lied before. He don’t need to know that! The rest of the league should believe he’s doing everything we ask and is a team player.

How are your going to build his value up then trade him, your likely going to be winning games and the FO will be thinking more highly of him. They will be more inclined to add better players to go with his production.

When your winning you don't change much because you don't want to fck up your chemistry. As we seen this yr, it only took 3 players (Kemba, Mitch, Fournier) to sabotage our chemistry from last season
Synciere
Head Coach

Post#435 » by Synciere » Fri May 13, 2022 12:58 pm

KNICKS007 wrote:
Synciere wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:You’re blaming the fans for Randle’s poor play?

How are your going to build his value up then trade him, your likely going to be winning games and the FO will be thinking more highly of him. They will be more inclined to add better players to go with his production.

When your winning you don't change much because you don't want to fck up your chemistry. As we seen this yr, it only took 3 players (Kemba, Mitch, Fournier) to sabotage our chemistry from last season

Yeah, a player playing well and winning games thus making his team and fans think more highly of him is one of those good problems to have, yadig? Like, shyt, I made so much money this year I gotta pay a few stacks to the IRS. First world problems.

Kemba is gone this off-season some way somehow. Not sure how you got to Mitch sabotaging chemistry. Fournier is on a long term deal so he sabotages the future more than the team.

Again, our problem is getting value for guys when your team stinks is difficult. Tainted by association. You want guys in a winning program so they get that good joujou coming off of them, not the twenty year stench we emanate with a few spritzes of Febreeze Berry and Bramble that were 2020 and 2012.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,985

Post#436 » by Richard4444 » Fri May 13, 2022 1:37 pm

KNICKS007 wrote:
Synciere wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:You’re blaming the fans for Randle’s poor play?

We already went on this path in 2020. We probably stuck with Randle after his disastrous first year only to "build his value" to profit on an upcoming trade. That's why we draft his replacement Topin. But Randle went supernova, turned into an all-star player, and led us to the playoff. As a result, we kept him and extend him.

If he performs well again we are going to keep him and build the roster around him. We might choose to trade Toppin instead. It can hurt our long-term building of the team. His high usage style makes him not very easy to fit in most teams. I do not think he will ever attract too much interest from the other franchises. And we can trick ourselves into thinking he is important to the Knicks.

That's why I would trade him now for any slight positive offer. Because there are always desperate teams and Front Offices that need to get better and almost have no assets to trade for a real good player and they can take a shot on Randle.

I hope the fans continue to boo him to force the Front Office into a trade. I do not think the fans' opinion impact so much his trade value.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#437 » by Richard4444 » Fri May 13, 2022 1:48 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks didn't extend Randle early to trade him. They are building around/with him, not trading him. Not now.

I mean, in a few years, if the right trade came along, I'm sure they'd consider it or do it. But right now? Knicks are absolutely building around or with Randle. I mean, it sucks, we might not like it, but let's apply some logic.

Building around him was the last year"s plan. But he was awful this season and irritated most of the fan base.

Thus I do not think the Front Office still trusts him as a building block anymore.

I think the issue is getting a reasonable offer for him. It is going to be hard to find a destination that does not demand sweeteners to take his contract right now. It's unlikely but I hope we can find a new home for him.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KNICKS007
Sophomore

Post#438 » by KNICKS007 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Synciere wrote:
KNICKS007 wrote:
Synciere wrote:

Yeah, a player playing well and winning games thus making his team and fans think more highly of him is one of those good problems to have, yadig? Like, shyt, I made so much money this year I gotta pay a few stacks to the IRS. First world problems.

Kemba is gone this off-season some way somehow. Not sure how you got to Mitch sabotaging chemistry. Fournier is on a long term deal so he sabotages the future more than the team.

Again, our problem is getting value for guys when your team stinks is difficult. Tainted by association. You want guys in a winning program so they get that good joujou coming off of them, not the twenty year stench we emanate with a few spritzes of Febreeze Berry and Bramble that were 2020 and 2012.

As far as Mitch

All you have to do is look how well Randle played with Noel, and how bad he played with Mitch in 2019 and 2021.

The spacing was a stark difference because noel at least has a decent 12 footer, as oppose to Mitch who hasn't taken a single jump shot in 3 seasons
KNICKS007
Sophomore

Post#439 » by KNICKS007 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:10 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks didn't extend Randle early to trade him. They are building around/with him, not trading him. Not now.

Building around him was the last year"s plan. But he was awful this season and irritated most of the fan base.

Thus I do not think the Front Office still trusts him as a building block anymore.

I think the issue is getting a reasonable offer for him. It is going to be hard to find a destination that does not demand sweeteners to take his contract right now. It's unlikely but I hope we can find a new home for him.

He's hanging out with the FO in Dallas, they shielded him from the Media (like they do themselves) when he was struggling.

The FO absolutely does not feel like some fans do about Randle..

I travel a lot for work, and TBH, NY fans are the only fans that sht on Randle
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#440 » by Richard4444 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:18 pm

KNICKS007 wrote:
Synciere wrote:
KNICKS007 wrote:

As far as Mitch

All you have to do is look how well Randle played with Noel, and how bad he played with Mitch in 2019 and 2021.

The spacing was a stark difference because noel at least has a decent 12 footer, as oppose to Mitch who hasn't taken a single jump shot in 3 seasons

I do not think the issue with Mitch was spacing-related.

I guess Mitch began the season very heavy and slow. Only by the second half of the season, he got his spped back.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to New York Knicks