ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions: KNICKS Offseason and Beyond Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,290

Trades and Transactions: KNICKS Offseason and Beyond Thread 

Post#1 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:28 pm

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Re: KNICKS Offseason and Beyond Thread 

Post#2 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:14 am

LEGEND in every sense of the word... Man knows how blessed and revered he is, cocky yet so peacefully humble. Just a pleasure what else can u say... Clyde
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#3 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:00 am

Please please please bring Mitch back, trade Randle... Next season is VERY simple.

The fans are EMBRACING and BEGGING for this very simple effective youth movement.

So much talent possibilities.

1. IQ / Deuce
2. Grimes
3. RJ / Cam
4. Obi / Cam
5. Mitch / Sims

SO. SIMPLE...

1 thru 7 EFFORT, HUSTLE, DEFENSE, rebounding, steals, ball movement, assists, LOBS, decent size, paint protection, blocks, shot altering, scoring out the ass, everyone except Mitch/Sims can hit the 3... That lob game can become such an integral part of our offense to get us easy buckets with Mitch, Sims, Cam...

Maybe Rose comes back and energizes this youth movement.
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,900

Post#4 » by Dubious Handles » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:31 am

It felt nostalgic watching Marcus Morris tear it up last night. I forgot how good he got after breaking out playing alongside Julius.

What do you guys think about bringing him back to play the 3? He can spread the floor for RJ and Julius and gives the team grit which they lacked this season.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,660

Post#5 » by DaGawd » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:54 am

Dubious Handles wrote:It felt nostalgic watching Marcus Morris tear it up last night. I forgot how good he got after breaking out playing alongside Julius.

What do you guys think about bringing him back to play the 3? He can spread the floor for RJ and Julius and gives the team grit which they lacked this season.

He’s old.. why?
BaF
Washington Wizards
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#6 » by Kampuchea » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:56 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Please please please bring Mitch back, trade Randle... Next season is VERY simple.

The fans are EMBRACING and BEGGING for this very simple effective youth movement.

1. IQ / Deuce
2. Grimes
3. RJ / Cam
4. Obi / Cam
5. Mitch / Sims

SO. SIMPLE...

1 thru 7 EFFORT, HUSTLE, DEFENSE, rebounding, steals, ball movement, assists, LOBS, decent size, paint protection, blocks, shot altering, scoring out the ass, everyone except Mitch/Sims can hit the 3... That lob game can become such an integral part of our offense to get us easy buckets with Mitch, Sims, Cam...

Just to be clear, that roster would be one of the worst in the NBA. After this coming draft that is an easy bottom 3 team in terms of talent.

That being said, I am ok with that. As for the roster you posted - would look to trade Mitch, RJ and Cam away for draft picks.
Gorilla Monsoon
Senior
And1: 1,744

Post#7 » by Gorilla Monsoon » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:10 pm

RHODEY wrote:

I'm a Begley hater. The dude has access to the team but never offers any inside info. All he does is play it safe and give you his vanilla takes. I'd much rather listen to CP or Macri talk Knicks because at least those guys are fans and have some personality. I don't know why people write into this guy or care about his opinions.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#8 » by Richard4444 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:09 pm

Dubious Handles wrote:It felt nostalgic watching Marcus Morris tear it up last night. I forgot how good he got after breaking out playing alongside Julius.

He is under contract for the next 2 seasons and would ask for more money than our MLE (we are capped out).
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,900

Post#9 » by Dubious Handles » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:12 pm

Richard4444 wrote:

He is under contract for the next 2 seasons and would ask for more money than our MLE (we are capped out).

spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,729

Post#10 » by spree8 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:56 pm

All I want this off-season is to make smart choices unlike last year.

•Learn from our lesson with Randle… tell RJ we wanna see more from him, and then we’ll take care of him financially next summer. He’s not nearly a max player right now.

•Give Mitch his money. Dude has done well for making peanuts the last 4 years. Give him his max (4/55 I think?). Could always trade him at the deadline.

•Get Brunson for Randle done. It’s solid for both teams. We get the best pg we’ve had in a while. We could do worse than him. He’s unselfish and makes the right plays, no nonsense. I’d prefer something like 4/70, but would do 4/80 if absolutely necessary because with the new CBA, that deal won’t be bad in the near future.

•Draft BPA. I don’t give a fuq what position that is… we need the best talent possible here.

•Dump Fournier, Kemba, Noel, Burks for Westbrook. LAL wanted Hield instead of WB… they do better here. Then we buy out or waive WB.

Jalen Brunson | Deuce McBride
Immanuel Quickley | Derrick Rose
RJ Barrett | Quentin Grimes
Obi Toppin | Cam Reddish | Taj Gibson
Mitchell Robinson | Jericho Sims

+our 11th & 42nd pick.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,930

Post#11 » by knicks94 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:02 pm

The only problem with this thread is that it should have been posted right after training camp.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#12 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:19 pm

S&T Mitch
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#13 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:S&T Mitch

Banned

ONLY if we can't re-sign him. If we cant get a deal done and get nothing for Mitch this front is the absolute worst.

Still banned
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#14 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:55 pm

spree8 wrote:All I want this off-season is to make smart choices unlike last year.

•Learn from our lesson with Randle… tell RJ we wanna see more from him, and then we’ll take care of him financially next summer. He’s not nearly a max player right now.

•Give Mitch his money. Dude has done well for making peanuts the last 4 years. Give him his max (4/55 I think?). Could always trade him at the deadline.

•Get Brunson for Randle done. It’s solid for both teams. We get the best pg we’ve had in a while. We could do worse than him. He’s unselfish and makes the right plays, no nonsense. I’d prefer something like 4/70, but would do 4/80 if absolutely necessary because with the new CBA, that deal won’t be bad in the near future.

•Draft BPA. I don’t give a fuq what position that is… we need the best talent possible here.

•Dump Fournier, Kemba, Noel, Burks for Westbrook. LAL wanted Hield instead of WB… they do better here. Then we buy out or waive WB.

+our 11th & 42nd pick.

Agree with everything except Brunson. Let IQ and Deuce handle the point guard duties. No reason to overpay for Brunson when IQ has shown he can facilitate and get into the paint.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#15 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:04 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

Banned

ONLY if we can't re-sign him. If we cant get a deal done and get nothing for Mitch this front is the absolute worst.

Still banned

Dime a dozen
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#16 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:16 pm

Double s&t. Bring it on. I want to see Aller's work close up. :D
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#17 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

Banned

Still banned

Dime a dozen

No way buzz. 2nd best offensive rebounder in the league and 4th in blocks. He's a walking double double that does everything on defense. Let him play with a point guard like IQ and he'll dominate even more.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,729

Post#18 » by spree8 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:44 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
spree8 wrote:All I want this off-season is to make smart choices unlike last year.

+our 11th & 42nd pick.

Agree with everything except Brunson. Let IQ and Deuce handle the point guard duties. No reason to overpay for Brunson when IQ has shown he can facilitate and get into the paint.

I get u. I’m lookin at the getting off Randle part too, and getting an extra (young) playmaker who likes to share the ball is a great substitute. I figure there’s still plenty of playing time for Deuce, and I think Brunson n IQ can play together. Brunson plays with Luka who’s really ball dominant, so he’d have no issue sharing playmaking duties with IQ.

I think Obi n Mitch would benefit greatly from having two playmakers in the lineup with them, as would RJ. Doesn’t hurt that he’s from the area and has ties to this organization too considering his pops was a Knick n Leon’s client.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#19 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:08 am

spree8 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

+our 11th & 42nd pick.

I get u. I’m lookin at the getting off Randle part too, and getting an extra (young) playmaker who likes to share the ball is a great substitute. I figure there’s still plenty of playing time for Deuce, and I think Brunson n IQ can play together. Brunson plays with Luka who’s really ball dominant, so he’d have no issue sharing playmaking duties with IQ.

I think Obi n Mitch would benefit greatly from having two playmakers in the lineup with them, as would RJ. Doesn’t hurt that he’s from the area and has ties to this organization too considering his pops was a Knick n Leon’s client.

I feel u im not opposed to Brunson the kid can play clearly. Just would rather not tie up contract to him w.o seeing what IQ can become. I think IQ is more than fine for next season of evaluation for a young team.

The passes IQ was making really makes me confident in his point guard abilities. He was even showing ability to get to the rack and get passed guys. He started keeping his dribble. He really looked like a point guard out there. And he can shoot the net off the rim when he's hot.

If we get Brunson that's our point of the future. I'm ok with it I just rather see what we have in IQ and Deuce than give Brunson a multi year contract.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#20 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:18 am

Kampuchea wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

1. IQ / Deuce
2. Grimes
3. RJ / Cam
4. Obi / Cam
5. Mitch / Sims

SO. SIMPLE...

Just to be clear, that roster would be one of the worst in the NBA. After this coming draft that is an easy bottom 3 team in terms of talent.

That being said, I am ok with that. As for the roster you posted - would look to trade Mitch, RJ and Cam away for draft picks.

I think we'd be far from a bottom team. Add a Rose and Fournier off the bench for veteran scoring. Not thrilled bc Thibs is the coach and who knows if he'd ever start such a young team. Now u should have a better team than this season.

IQ / Deuce
Grimes / Rose
RJ / Fournier
Obi / Cam
Mitch / Sims / Taj

Something like that to start. Burks off the bench? Lol nah we know most likely most of the vets are gone hopefully to move Randle.

Starting Grimes and IQ will have a huge impact on both ends compared to Burks / Fournier.

Return to New York Knicks