ImageImageImageImageImage

Donovan Mitchell

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,285

Re: Donovan Mitchell 

Post#321 » by Zenzibar » Sun May 8, 2022 3:27 pm

KnicksNext wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Image

This is not the Isiah Thomas management group, Leon Rose is not trading away RJ, stop it y'all.

The young man is only 21 and probably an all-star consideration next year. Donovan is nice, no doubt, but we'll be the Utah Jazz of the East if we trade 3 of our best young players and 4 #1s.

No thank you.

The Utah Jazz of the East? So, a team that averaged close to 50 wins each year for the last 6 years? When was the last time the Knicks accomplished that? You wouldn't take that? I'll take it in a heartbeat, and all Knicks fans should as well. And if Utah keeps their core intact, and adds to it, they have a chance to get over the hump. They have Wade and Ainge now, so I could easily see them making serious improvements and getting farther than the Semis. Wade and Ainge did not go there to lose.

2021-22 Jazz 49-33 .598 5th, West Conference 2-4 .333 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2020-21 Jazz 52-20 .722 1st, West Conference 6-5 .545 Lost West Conf Semis
2019-20 Jazz 44-28 .611 6th, West Conference 3-4 .429 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2018-19 Jazz 50-32 .610 5th, West Conference 1-4 .200 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2017-18 Jazz 48-34 .585 5th, West Conference 5-6 .455 Lost West Conf Semis
2016-17 Jazz 51-31 .622 5th, West Conference 4-7 .364 Lost West Conf Semis

Bro, but we just said Donovan won't be there becuase he'll be hypothetically traded to the Knicks, so how could Ainge and Wade "add" to that team without Spida?
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#322 » by Marty McFly » Sun May 8, 2022 3:45 pm

considering the Mitchell's fit with Randle is asinine since Randle shouldn't even be part of the equation moving forward that said, every move the knicks make going forward should be telegraphing a Tank. It's not feasible to build a contender around Mitchell, we won't have the picks and we won't have the cap space. It just doesn't make any practical sense.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#323 » by rajajackal » Sun May 8, 2022 4:39 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=iz1EMQP-Rpl2XenzGeG4MQ

Indeed, they didn't watch him

Spoiler:
with rose coloured glasses.

love rj but i'd rather trade him than the obi/quick tandem if it came down to it
KnicksNext
Veteran
And1: 1,509

Post#324 » by KnicksNext » Sun May 8, 2022 7:29 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:Image

This is not the Isiah Thomas management group, Leon Rose is not trading away RJ, stop it y'all.

The young man is only 21 and probably an all-star consideration next year. Donovan is nice, no doubt, but we'll be the Utah Jazz of the East if we trade 3 of our best young players and 4 #1s.

No thank you.

The Utah Jazz of the East? So, a team that averaged close to 50 wins each year for the last 6 years? When was the last time the Knicks accomplished that? You wouldn't take that? I'll take it in a heartbeat, and all Knicks fans should as well. And if Utah keeps their core intact, and adds to it, they have a chance to get over the hump. They have Wade and Ainge now, so I could easily see them making serious improvements and getting farther than the Semis. Wade and Ainge did not go there to lose.

2021-22 Jazz 49-33 .598 5th, West Conference 2-4 .333 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2020-21 Jazz 52-20 .722 1st, West Conference 6-5 .545 Lost West Conf Semis
2019-20 Jazz 44-28 .611 6th, West Conference 3-4 .429 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2018-19 Jazz 50-32 .610 5th, West Conference 1-4 .200 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2017-18 Jazz 48-34 .585 5th, West Conference 5-6 .455 Lost West Conf Semis
2016-17 Jazz 51-31 .622 5th, West Conference 4-7 .364 Lost West Conf Semis

Bro, but we just said Donovan won't be there becuase he'll be hypothetically traded to the Knicks, so how could Ainge and Wade "add" to that team without Spida?

We can also hypothetically think about the most realistic option, which is Mitchell stays on the Jazz and Ainge and Wade add players to improve the team. We're all just speculating about something that's probably not going to happen. Those two are not stupid. They want to win, and I'm sure they know that dumping a 25 year old star is probably not the best route to try to win a championship. Bro.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#325 » by KnicksNext » Sun May 8, 2022 7:38 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
KnicksNext wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:On Kobe, LeBron, or Curry's level? I highly doubt it.

We shall see, Chanel. You have a good chance at being right, but my eyes tell me this kid has a chance to be real, real special. But let's connect again after he takes Memphis at least to the Finals and go from there, I have no issue with that. But I do believe, yes, that Morant is going to be top 50 all-time, maybe top 15-25. We'll just have to wait and find out.

EDIT: Barring injury, but does that need to be said?

Yeah for sure, it will be an interesting conversation to have in 3-4 years.

melo made an interesting comp the other day when he said Morant looked like the PG version of Giannis. Can't keep him out of the paint, and his supreme athletic ability (and touch) is just overwhelming for the defense when he gets to the basket. 70.6 FG% from 0-3 feet. That's even better than Kyrie Irving.

I still believe that he will need to develop a reliable jumper to reach the Kobe, LeBron, Curry tier. But you could be 100% right. We'll see. He's been a joy to watch.

I guess the barring injury comment DOES need to be said. :roll:
I think he's okay, though. Hopefully. Would really suck to have a DRose part 2 with a bad knee injury.

I like that comp. The PG version of Giannis. There's a lot of truth to that. If you've watched this playoffs, teams simply just cannot stop him. It's impossible. When he gets that downhill momentum going down the lane, teams don't have a clue what to do. Do you triple team him? If you do, he'll probably STILL hit the shot. Also, Memphis has some good shooters, so he can just dish it to one of them for a wide open three. On the flipside if you don't double, triple team him when he drives, he's gonna smoke you and score.

Also, he's getting better and better at shooting 3's. Did you see his half court shot to end the half? He KNEW that was going in. Sickening. If he's can get those 3 percentages even higher, what can you do? You damned if you do and damned if you don't with Ja. He's special.

Another sign of a future hall of fame player.. he wants the ball at the end of the game. There have been several games in this series (including two games ago) where he literally had the ball every possession, and scored on every possession. What a pleasure to watch another MJ type killer attitude. I know, I know. He's not MJ. I'm just talking about the way he approaches games. He's also has a super high bball IQ. Sky is the limit (barring injury)

And yeah, he sure is a joy to watch. This Memphis/GS series is must watch TV, as was the Minny/Memphis series. He's one of the most exciting players to come along in a long time. I really hope he's not injured.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#326 » by KnicksNext » Sun May 8, 2022 7:49 pm

Marty McFly wrote:considering the Mitchell's fit with Randle is asinine since Randle shouldn't even be part of the equation moving forward that said, every move the knicks make going forward should be telegraphing a Tank. It's not feasible to build a contender around Mitchell, we won't have the picks and we won't have the cap space. It just doesn't make any practical sense.

I don't disagree with you (hypothetically suggesting somehow the Knicks get him), it's not such a bad spot to be in to start building your team around a 25 year old star. Living in my fantasy world, if we somehow had enough assets to get Mitchell AND Ayton (23), you're on your way.

Living in a fantasy world is the only coping mechanism I have being a Knick fan. :lol:
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#327 » by Jimmit79 » Sun May 8, 2022 7:59 pm

I don't think Donavon is coming here after next trade deadline the CAA most likely get fired and Dolan brings in the next set of clowns for Knicks fans to blame.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,940

Post#328 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon May 9, 2022 7:52 pm

Read on Twitter

I’ve said it before folks and I’ll say it again……!!!!!!!!!!!

Hard Pass on Dmitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARD PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#329 » by Catchall » Mon May 9, 2022 8:11 pm

Jazz fan here, listening in. A couple things to be aware of:

1) You guys are the Knicks. Your track record for drafting and developing young talent is very poor going back 10 years. If you guys like Donovan Mitchell, you should have drafted him instead of Frank Ntilikina.

2) If you were able to trade for a star, whether that's Donovan or someone else, your goal would then be to clear cap space and use that star to attract free agents. You want to be like the Lakers. You want to create a culture and situation where star players from all around the league want to join up and come play in New York. That's the paradigm you should be trying to achieve. It's a massive fail that the Knicks haven't been able to do that despite being in a destination market.

3) If you are able to trade for Donovan, which is doubtful, you would immediately be plotting your next move and asking yourself what All Star-caliber player can you get to come join him. This year, you'd be thinking about Zach Lavine. Next year it will be someone else.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#330 » by Catchall » Mon May 9, 2022 8:20 pm

rajajackal wrote:mitchell's value will probably never be lower between the first round exit and the rumored trade demands behind the scenes, so i can understand going for it, but we'd have to be willing to make some other sacrifices in order to build a team that fit him

You're dealing with Danny Ainge and Justin Zanik. They're not going to trade Donovan unless its for a hero's ransom, even if Donovan asks out. You'd be looking at a top-4 pick this year (if you move up), plus two unprotected picks and a swap.

It's only worth it if you can line up another high-caliber player to come join Donovan in free agency this year or next. You'd need to recruit star players in pairs, like the Clippers did with Kawhi and Paul George.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,588

Post#331 » by evevale » Mon May 9, 2022 8:54 pm

Catchall wrote:Jazz fan here, listening in. A couple things to be aware of:

1) You guys are the Knicks. Your track record for drafting and developing young talent is very poor going back 10 years. If you guys like Donovan Mitchell, you should have drafted him instead of Frank Ntilikina.

2) If you were able to trade for a star, whether that's Donovan or someone else, your goal would then be to clear cap space and use that star to attract free agents. You want to be like the Lakers. You want to create a culture and situation where star players from all around the league want to join up and come play in New York. That's the paradigm you should be trying to achieve. It's a massive fail that the Knicks haven't been able to do that despite being in a destination market.

3) If you are able to trade for Donovan, which is doubtful, you would immediately be plotting your next move and asking yourself what All Star-caliber player can you get to come join him. This year, you'd be thinking about Zach Lavine. Next year it will be someone else.

hey jazz fan, tl;dr btw -

1) you guys could trade donovan and rudy and no one would care
2) you guys could keep donovan and rudy and no one would care
3) you guys could bulldoze whatever your arena is called to the ground and again - no one would care
Catchall
RealGM

Post#332 » by Catchall » Mon May 9, 2022 9:00 pm

evevale wrote:

3) you guys could bulldoze whatever your arena is called to the ground and again - no one would care

lol, your franchise is ass, you haven't been relevant in two decades, and you're hoping you can trade for one of our players.

Hope that wasn't too long for ya.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,021

Post#333 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon May 9, 2022 10:08 pm

Catchall wrote:
evevale wrote:

lol, your franchise is ass, you haven't been relevant in two decades, and you're hoping you can trade for one of our players.

More titles than your franchise though 8-) Also, we don't go to Jazz board to discuss anything with you, because we don't care what you have to say, nobody wants to see you, your cousin and his 2 wives discussing whether or not Matt Harpring should be in the hall of fame.

Beat it.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,036

Post#334 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon May 9, 2022 10:27 pm

Guan0 come get your Utah friend outta here!!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,021

Post#335 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon May 9, 2022 10:43 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Guan0 come get your Utah friend outta here!!

Guano dresses like Karl Malone, it's no wonder his disciples found their way here.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,036

Post#336 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon May 9, 2022 11:18 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Guan0 come get your Utah friend outta here!!

Guano dresses like Karl Malone, it's no wonder his disciples found their way here.

Guan0’s LinkedIn picture
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,359

Post#337 » by Ray Williams » Mon May 9, 2022 11:52 pm

Catchall wrote:
evevale wrote:

How about you go **** yourself. Your franchise will never be relevant, nobody gives a **** about you sheepfukers, that’s why you’re here looking for attention.Can’t find any Jizz fans to talk to? Stfu and gtfo douchebag.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,556

Post#338 » by dc » Tue May 10, 2022 12:49 am

All trolling aside, it's not a winning proposition to empty the cupboard for Mitchell, which is what you'd have to do to get him. For all his faults, he's still a 25 year old all-star with 3 years left on his contract. A small market team isn't going to trade away a guy like that for cheap.

If they pulled such a move, I'm sure fans/media would be excited for a bit of time and there would be all sorts of optimism with a shiny new toy, but it'd get old quickly as you'd soon realize what kind of limitations the team and its future would have. Knicks would be left with too few assets to surround him with to build a team that matters.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#339 » by Spree2Houston » Tue May 10, 2022 1:54 am

No sh*t Captain Obvious. We been known this lol
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#340 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 10, 2022 3:25 am

:lol: cold blooded. Skeet skeet skeet.
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks