ImageImageImageImageImage

Donovan Mitchell

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,116

Re: Donovan Mitchell 

Post#441 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 6, 2022 10:32 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Our odds of keeping Bryant just went up.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=CvpmhwNn8s3_W46PX6km5A

Honestly, I don't even give a sh*t anymore. Thibs is the coach, and while it might have been nice to have Bryant succeed him, that's not happening for another couple of years.

Knicks did their usual starph*cking hires/hook CAA and Kentucky up, by hiring Bryant and Payne. I'm sure they are good coaches, but again, Knicks probably had zero consideration that they'd coach the Knicks, other than maybe it would make Mitchell come here, but the Knicks f*cked up any thin chance they had at him, even though that chance was about .00000000001%, based on how the Knicks draft and manage assets.

So, whatever. Let's enjoy a couple or more 35 win seasons, bad draft position, no truly good of forward thinking moves, and then fire Thibs and start the process of mediocrity all over again.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#442 » by Adelheid » Mon Jun 6, 2022 11:07 am

Woodson professed his love for the knicks then left the team for the freakin indiana hoosiers

Payne left the team to be a coach in college once more

Now JB is prolly thinking of ditching the knicks for the utah gig

just wow...someone in the coaching staff or team must be stinkin' up the joint. It just has to be.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#443 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 6, 2022 11:51 am

Adelheid wrote:Woodson professed his love for the knicks then left the team for the freakin indiana hoosiers

just wow...someone in the coaching staff or team must be stinkin' up the joint. It just has to be.

Counterpoint is that coaches do leave for better opportunities.
Woodson, I think was just around to cash a check, maybe update his resume with a recent job, and then being a head coach is better than an assistant.
Payne it was known he wanted a college head coaching job for years. It was stated when he was hired. We could view the Knicks as helping to hook him up, raising his profile a bit, though I think he was hired based on his Kentucky work 100% and not the Knicks.
Bryant is another example of the Knicks hooking up a guy, in that he's a regarded assistant, gets an assistant coaching gig, which is a step to head coaching, and if a head coach job comes up and he has a chance, we should assume he'll jump on it.

Would be nice if the Knicks considered the state of their coaching staff over providing opportunities for CAA clients, but hey, it's the Knicks.

I guess we could speculate that this helps raise the profile of the FO, in that they had coaching staff members in demand, but I doubt it. It's the Knicks. They suck.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#444 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Jun 6, 2022 2:05 pm

We were never getting him
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#445 » by Adelheid » Mon Jun 6, 2022 2:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Adelheid wrote:Woodson professed his love for the knicks then left the team for the freakin indiana hoosiers

Counterpoint is that coaches do leave for better opportunities.
Woodson, I think was just around to cash a check, maybe update his resume with a recent job, and then being a head coach is better than an assistant.
Payne it was known he wanted a college head coaching job for years. It was stated when he was hired. We could view the Knicks as helping to hook him up, raising his profile a bit, though I think he was hired based on his Kentucky work 100% and not the Knicks.
Bryant is another example of the Knicks hooking up a guy, in that he's a regarded assistant, gets an assistant coaching gig, which is a step to head coaching, and if a head coach job comes up and he has a chance, we should assume he'll jump on it.

Would be nice if the Knicks considered the state of their coaching staff over providing opportunities for CAA clients, but hey, it's the Knicks.

I guess we could speculate that this helps raise the profile of the FO, in that they had coaching staff members in demand, but I doubt it. It's the Knicks. They suck.

If they hung out a bit longer, they could have been next in line

I got what you mean there though...The knicks sure arent reaping the most benefits out of these opportunities but its CAA's pockets sure are going to be filled with all the juicy commision that they are about to receive. I suppose Dolan is alright with this setup but its probably more that he is just totally oblivious with what is happening
snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,943

Post#446 » by snadler » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:33 pm

Are you criticizing the knicks for having assistant coaches leaving to become head coaches?
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,934

Post#447 » by Fury » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:37 pm

Lol they're all leaving for head coaching jobs, man.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,704

Post#448 » by F N 11 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:53 pm

nyknicks09 wrote:Hopefully Atkinson still available once Thibs gets the boot.

Udoka, Bryan, Kerr, …
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,808

Post#449 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Jun 6, 2022 5:18 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:We were never getting him

Which is good.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#450 » by duetta » Tue Jun 7, 2022 12:28 am

Bulls want Gobert. Not sure what they have that Utah will want.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,312

Post#451 » by rajajackal » Tue Jun 7, 2022 12:46 am

obi toppin is my most untouchable knick
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,555

Post#452 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 2:12 am

rajajackal wrote:obi toppin is my most untouchable knick

None of them are untouchable for the right player but RJ, Obi & Grimes I want to retain more than anyone and Mitch but he's a FA.

It just doesn't make sense to trade any of the young guys when they're all projecting up.... Everyone's value will only increase next year and that's a pretty easy guess.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#453 » by Jimmit79 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 2:22 am

Guys here say stuff like untouchable need to ask yourself are you going to cap out for next 4-5 years by paying RJ Mitch Obi IQ Grimmes???
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,555

Post#454 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 4:07 am

Jimmit79 wrote:Guys here say stuff like untouchable need to ask yourself are you going to cap out for next 4-5 years by paying RJ Mitch Obi IQ Grimmes???

All depends if they take that leap to the next level and beyond. Signing Mitch to a contract wont cap us out. RJ will get close to a max from us if he stays healthy not a doubt in my mind so prepare yourself.

Obi and Grimes look very promising as starters and still have a ton of room to grow as does RJ and Mitch who were already starting.

We don't even know what position IQ will be playing. He could be a dominant sg/combo, idk how far his pg skills will go. I hope we give him the opportunity to run with it.
bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Post#455 » by bigtimeRC3 » Tue Jun 7, 2022 5:34 am

Only reason why Alec burka is here is because of Johnny bryant. It will be a shame if he goes back to jazz. Maybe Alec might go back there.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#456 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 7, 2022 10:27 am

bigtimeRC3 wrote:Only reason why Alec burka is here is because of Johnny bryant. It will be a shame if he goes back to jazz. Maybe Alec might go back there.

Actually, I think both of them are here because of Walt Perrin.

Well, Walt Perrin for Burks, and WWW, Perrin for Bryant, as Perrin probably recommended him, but WWW spoke it into Leon's ear that Bryant is close with Mitchell, so he was hired on the basis of two recommendations.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#457 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue Jun 7, 2022 10:58 am

Or the coaches left for better opportunities.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#458 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 7, 2022 11:00 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:

Or the coaches left for better opportunities.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

That's anywhere but the Knicks. I'm surprised they retain anyone for more than a year
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#459 » by Fat » Tue Jun 7, 2022 11:14 am

Jimmit79 wrote:Guys here say stuff like untouchable need to ask yourself are you going to cap out for next 4-5 years by paying RJ Mitch Obi IQ Grimmes???

Nobody on our roster is untouchable fans just become attached and fall blind to the truth
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#460 » by EMG518 » Wed Jun 8, 2022 2:30 am

duetta wrote:Bulls want Gobert. Not sure what they have that Utah will want.

Maybe they want to make a deal around swapping Vucevic and Gobert.

Return to New York Knicks