ImageImageImageImageImage

Planning with Randle on the Knicks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Re: Planning with Randle on the Knicks 

Post#321 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 20, 2022 12:21 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Image

John Malkovich after a coke laden 15 minutes.

Perfect :lol:

He and Quinn Snyder talking basketball until 6 am
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#322 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 21, 2022 11:43 pm

Bored, so -- Just curious, a thought experiment.

If we somehow wound up with Westbrook - not his last year, but say semi-prime or even at his Washington best, and did it keeping Randle and RJ ...

(don't ask me how - probably Leon would trade IQ, OBi, picks along with Kemba, forunier, etc.). i assume that would drop Randle to our #2 option and RJ to #3 (or vice -versa).

Remember this thought experiment has Westbrook in at at least triple double form every other game.

Would that team be able to make the 2nd round? :argue:
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#323 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jun 2, 2022 6:17 pm

Sorry I’m not ready do backup qb.
Randle is a foundational piece while guys like Mitch and obi are supplemental pieces .
Randle was a 20 ppg scorer before ‘ empty ‘ stadiums so I hate that narrative.

It’s 2 years running that Randle is the star for a team with a 5ish defense, so there is still some foundation and I dislike turning on him for thumbs down bad fans
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#324 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 2, 2022 6:30 pm

Randle sucks. Empty stats
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#325 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jun 2, 2022 6:39 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Randle sucks. Empty stats

Did ‘empty stats’ guy even have any help ?
Best option was RJ who did turn on till late in the season and showed he needed the ball in his hands .

You need 2 or 3 guys like him to compete and I’m not sure I’m ready to start back at zero .
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#326 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 2, 2022 6:51 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:

Best option was RJ who did turn on till late in the season and showed he needed the ball in his hands .

You need 2 or 3 guys like him to compete and I’m not sure I’m ready to start back at zero .

Might as well. This team isn't going anywhere.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,250

Post#327 » by DOT » Thu Jun 2, 2022 7:05 pm

I don't know how anyone could have watched Randle last year and come away with the impression he was trying his hardest, it was everyone else who let him down

Especially when you compare him to 2021 Randle. That guy was playing as hard as anyone, and it showed.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#328 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jun 2, 2022 7:48 pm

DOT wrote:I don't know how anyone could have watched Randle last year and come away with the impression he was trying his hardest, it was everyone else who let him down

Especially when you compare him to 2021 Randle. That guy was playing as hard as anyone, and it showed.

Who said he tried his hardest or the everyone let him down ?
Fact is after a 5-1 start this team immediately showed its ceiling as a mind numbing treadmill .
How can people hold him to fugaazy standards like being a leader on a bad team or even better yet body language .

Pissed of embittered fan , ‘ his arm sway just told me f’ you. Am expert in body language . Get him out of here.’

Like really ? The guy was under attack by his own team and fans because frustrations boiled over constantly playing historically bad lineups , not adjusting . Even coach giving up time to time , id push your computer too if you got out of pocket
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,295

Post#329 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Jun 2, 2022 7:49 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Sorry I’m not ready do backup qb.
Randle is a foundational piece while guys like Mitch and obi are supplemental pieces .
Randle was a 20 ppg scorer before ‘ empty ‘ stadiums so I hate that narrative.

It’s 2 years running that Randle is the star for a team with a 5ish defense, so there is still some foundation and I dislike turning on him for thumbs down bad fans

Randle had ONE good season here. He was not a star any other season. Last season he mailed it in after getting the bag. He sucks as a focal point of the team. He's gonna be more and more overpaid as that contract goes on. Unless he can magically have another FOUR seasons like the one decent one he had. It was a bad decision to extend him and it will most likely be a terrible decision to keep him. He's an empty stats player if there ever was one in 2 of his 3 years here. Spin cycle was real. Zero effort was real. The one good season looks like an outlier and that's what they paid him for? Dumb move. Buh bye Boolius.
:beer: RIP mags
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,250

Post#330 » by DOT » Thu Jun 2, 2022 8:13 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
DOT wrote:I don't know how anyone could have watched Randle last year and come away with the impression he was trying his hardest, it was everyone else who let him down

Fact is after a 5-1 start this team immediately showed its ceiling as a mind numbing treadmill .
How can people hold him to fugaazy standards like being a leader on a bad team or even better yet body language .

Pissed of embittered fan , ‘ his arm sway just told me f’ you. Am expert in body language . Get him out of here.’

Like really ? The guy was under attack by his own team and fans because frustrations boiled over constantly playing historically bad lineups , not adjusting . Even coach giving up time to time , id push your computer too if you got out of pocket

I assume there's a point in here, it's just too incoherent to find

We get it, Randle has done nothing wrong in his entire life, every single problem last year was caused by everyone else. Randle literally could not have done any better, and he deserves a statue for being so heroic.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#331 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jun 2, 2022 9:47 pm

DOT wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

We get it, Randle has done nothing wrong in his entire life, every single problem last year was caused by everyone else. Randle literally could not have done any better, and he deserves a statue for being so heroic.

Ok my apologies I guess I deserved that , some people can’t function at the thought or slightest hint of physical accosting so for that I was wrong .

But to acknowledge that Julius may be part of the plans moving forward .

And like actually what is your point ? At least I have a lane and say Julius can still have a role here and your response is :
1. He didn’t do everything he could
2. He could have done better
3. It’s not everyone else’s fault
4. He doesn’t deserve a statue

So does that mean you want Julius gone ? Because they sound just like excuses to justify trading him , like they are not even real reasons.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#332 » by Jimmit79 » Thu Jun 2, 2022 10:02 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
DOT wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

Ok my apologies I guess I deserved that , some people can’t function at the thought or slightest hint of physical accosting so for that I was wrong .

And like actually what is your point ? At least I have a lane and say Julius can still have a role here and your response is :

So does that mean you want Julius gone ? Because they sound just like excuses to justify trading him , like they are not even real reasons.
90% of the ppl who want Randle gone are RJ fans because they think Randle is holding RJ back from becoming Tatum 2.0 lol.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,210

Post#333 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu Jun 2, 2022 10:08 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
DOT wrote:I assume there's a point in here, it's just too incoherent to find

90% of the ppl who want Randle gone are RJ fans because they think Randle is holding RJ back from becoming Tatum 2.0 lol.

Read on Twitter
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#334 » by Jimmit79 » Thu Jun 2, 2022 10:12 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

Read on Twitter
His dog got no hops either you see
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,374

Post#335 » by Ray Williams » Thu Jun 2, 2022 10:37 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:

That clown gave zero effort on defense, gtfo with this nonsense.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,374

Post#336 » by Ray Williams » Thu Jun 2, 2022 10:38 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:90% of the ppl who want Randle gone are RJ fans because they think Randle is holding RJ back from becoming Tatum 2.0 lol.

Read on Twitter
His dog got no hops either you see

His dog is worth more than your net worth.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,490

Post#337 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Jun 2, 2022 10:42 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:

Career loser. Only one season in 8 years has he been a net positive on the floor.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,127

Post#338 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jun 2, 2022 11:15 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
DOT wrote:I assume there's a point in here, it's just too incoherent to find

Do you mean the other 9.99% are the RJ haters who still think Randle sucks and want him gone?

I left the .01% for you, by the way
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#339 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jun 2, 2022 11:35 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

That clown gave zero effort on defense, gtfo with this nonsense.

Ya’ll didn’t start saying this until the season was already over.

Once knicks bad ya’ll expected the world out out of him .

He is not even a defensive player. His big let down was shooting efficiency and turnovers but has been a top efficiency guy throughout his career .
People say he was negative but still had positive BPM and DBPM for the season .

He isn’t the perfect player but this whining about effort when the whole team was going through the motions just isn’t excuse enough to act like trading him is the only option .

It was a dead end job last year , don’t act like ya’ll give full effort .
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#340 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jun 2, 2022 11:39 pm

Fact is if he didn’t boo ya’ll , there would be little argument to trade him not even 1 year into extension . It would sound really stupid , except the fans started a war with him .
Guess what the team don’t need the fans .
msg will fill up be Dolan cash cow no matter how mad ya’ll get .
It’s about the team not your feelings.

Return to New York Knicks