ImageImageImageImageImage

Real talk fellas, how about we wait and see? Revisit in a few months

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Re: Real talk fellas, how about we wait and see? Revisit in a few months 

Post#41 » by Jimmit79 » Tue May 3, 2022 8:56 pm

sol537 wrote:I have zero expectations with this team/owner/franchise. Whatever happens, happens.

Not keeping false hope alive until Dolan is replaced, which could take another couple of decades.
There is 50% chance Dolan might be a vampire so Knicks will never be relevant.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,863

Post#42 » by 8516knicks » Tue May 3, 2022 9:04 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Have you noticed any of the patterns in the last two decades

Spoiler:
As long as Scott Perry remains employed by the Knicks, I won't have any confidence the Knicks are headed in the right direction. A competent organization would've fired him long ago.

''Not a single person here knows the plan of this front office''--''“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” – George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#43 » by spree8 » Tue May 3, 2022 9:06 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:May 17 : Draft lottery - Knicks will move down at least 1 and possibly 2 spots
June 23 : Draft day - Knicks will pass on at least 3 players clearly better than the mediocre guy they draft
June 29 - July 1st : Key decisions on FA, RFA, Extensions, Official start of the 2022/23 NBA season, Negotiations - Lolz. No one comes; Mitch leaves
July 7 - 17 : Summer league - Delusional hyping of mediocre talent begins anew for Knick fans
Sep 20ish : Training camp begins - Sept 27:Thibs has settled on his rotation for the year, where Obi will play 10 mpg, Cam Reddish 3 mpg, IQ 20 mpg and Grimes 10 mpg

We can revisit this at each of the dates. You know in your heart of hearts I am correct at each step.

God damn the truth hurts.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,863

Post#44 » by 8516knicks » Tue May 3, 2022 9:09 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Have you noticed any of the patterns in the last two decades

Spoiler:
As long as Scott Perry remains employed by the Knicks, I won't have any confidence the Knicks are headed in the right direction. A competent organization would've fired him long ago.

Lol Perry came here in 2017... I don't know what anyone in this organization does so I have no allegiance or soft spot for anyone.

There has been a pattern of incompetence since the early-2000s, that has continued to this day.

The fact that Scott Perry is still employed by the Knicks is a major red flag and should inspire pessimism. It shows there's a level of continuity across regimes (first Isiah, then Mills and now Perry), when the Knicks really need a clean break.

Perry clearly cannot evaluate talent or build a coherent roster, as evidenced by his entire resume as a senior executive. Yet the top of the organization views him as an asset, based on the fact that they extended him and that he's still on Dolan's payroll. It is extremely concerning, and I will not believe this organization is truly committed to winning until he (along with most of the players he brought in) is let go.

The Knicks have done absolutely nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt.

old saying reiterating he obvious - "Does a bear sh*t in th woods?"
New saying - "Does Amber Heard sh*t in the bed?'
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#45 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue May 3, 2022 9:09 pm

cgmw wrote:@Chanel

One is better than the other, but Randle was a delusional signing in 2019 just like Melo was in 2008. Neither had any chance whatsoever at a championship here. So yes we enjoyed a single 50 win season, but it ended badly and dumped us immediately into the Steve Mills 3.0 era of shitiness we still find ourselves in today debating whether we’d like to see Tom Thibodeau coach Donovan Mitchell to a best-case-scenario 45 win season and a second round exit before crumbling under the inexorable weight of exactly same Dolan dysfunction we’ve seen over and over again since Bill Clinton was in office.

Would it be fun to watch another dumpster fire burn? Sure. I’m just saying the only answer here is to hire real execs and bank on ping pong balls.

I agree that the first step is be to hire real basketball executives, and not con-artists who steal Dolan's money after selling him bridges. I was against trading picks for Masai Ujiri when those rumors surfaced a few years ago, but in retrospect I was wrong. In hindsight, I would have easily forsaken the picks that became Frank and RJ, or Knox and Obi, for Ujiri. It doesn't seem that he was interested in working under Dolan, however. But money talks, and bull walks.

I thought the Knicks had the foundation for a contender with Melo and Tyson. They had no margin for error, and they screwed up royally with two big moves: amnestying Billups instead of Amar'e, and blocking the trade for Lowry. Those two moves significantly altered the trajectory of the Melo Knicks. Alas, we will never know what could have been. But I personally believe that the pairing of Melo and Chandler was the foundation of a potential contender, until both declined.

PS: I understand your preference for tanking. It makes sense.
Jimmit79
Head Coach

Post#46 » by Jimmit79 » Tue May 3, 2022 9:17 pm

No GM is saving the Knicks even the great Pat Riley ran out of here asap. The Dolans have destroyed the Knicks for decades now James Dolan has zero interest in giving us a real basketball team.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#47 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 3, 2022 9:30 pm

sol537 wrote:I have zero expectations with this team/owner/franchise. Whatever happens, happens.

Not keeping false hope alive until Dolan is replaced, which could take another couple of decades.

Just kill any hope you still might have, I present Dolan's son:

This steroid addled silver spoon mook is going to be the next Knicks owner when James Dolan joins Robert Randolph in hell
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,545

Post#48 » by cgmw » Tue May 3, 2022 9:44 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:

One is better than the other, but Randle was a delusional signing in 2019 just like Melo was in 2008. Neither had any chance whatsoever at a championship here. So yes we enjoyed a single 50 win season, but it ended badly and dumped us immediately into the Steve Mills 3.0 era of shitiness we still find ourselves in today debating whether we’d like to see Tom Thibodeau coach Donovan Mitchell to a best-case-scenario 45 win season and a second round exit before crumbling under the inexorable weight of exactly same Dolan dysfunction we’ve seen over and over again since Bill Clinton was in office.

Would it be fun to watch another dumpster fire burn? Sure. I’m just saying the only answer here is to hire real execs and bank on ping pong balls.

I agree that the first step is be to hire real basketball executives, and not con-artists who steal Dolan's money after selling him bridges. I was against trading picks for Masai Ujiri when those rumors surfaced a few years ago, but in retrospect I was wrong. In hindsight, I would have easily forsaken the picks that became Frank and RJ, or Knox and Obi, for Ujiri. It doesn't seem that he was interested in working under Dolan, however. But money talks, and bull walks.

I thought the Knicks had the foundation for a contender with Melo and Tyson. They had no margin for error, and they screwed up royally with two big moves: amnestying Billups instead of Amar'e, and blocking the trade for Lowry. Those two moves significantly altered the trajectory of the Melo Knicks. Alas, we will never know what could have been. But I personally believe that the pairing of Melo and Chandler was the foundation of a potential contender, until both declined.

Interesting to see your perspective on those Woody teams. Obviously I disagree about their upper-end potential, not the least of why is because I knew perfectly well that an organization run by idiot yes-men emasculated from any actual authority by an idiot boss would inevitably f*ck up with moves like Billups amnesty, nixing Lowry, and trading for Bargnani.

Which is why I continue to be a broken record that Jim Dolan’s one and only hope (shy of purging the org of yes-men moles and handing over total control to an actual basketball expert) is landing a too-big-to-fail MVP caliber player at the top of the draft.

I’m sorry to be Debbie Downer, but there really is 0 hope of a Thibs-Donovan Mitchell plan ever working out. The complex chain of events needed to get to a championship would simply overwhelm the idiots in charge who would inevitably f*ck up a series of decisions just like Billups, Lowry, Bargnani.

God bless Masai Ujiri and the Klutch Lakers for hacking the system for a couple outlier championships, but the intelligence/skill/clout/luck needed for those outcomes are waaaaay beyond the capacity of the Dolan org.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#49 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue May 3, 2022 9:50 pm

cgmw wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

Interesting to see your perspective on those Woody teams. Obviously I disagree about their upper-end potential, not the least of why is because I knew perfectly well that an organization run by idiot yes-men emasculated from any actual authority by an idiot boss would inevitably f*ck up with moves like Billups amnesty, nixing Lowry, and trading for Bargnani.

Which is why I continue to be a broken record that Jim Dolan’s one and only hope (shy of purging the org of yes-men moles and handing over total control to an actual basketball expert) is landing a too-big-to-fail MVP caliber player at the top of the draft.

I’m sorry to be Debbie Downer, but there really is 0 hope of a Thibs-Donovan Mitchell plan ever working out. The complex chain of events needed to get to a championship would simply overwhelm the idiots in charge who would inevitably f*ck up a series of decisions just like Billups, Lowry, Bargnani.

God bless Masai Ujiri and the Klutch Lakers for hacking the system for a couple outlier championships, but the skill/clout/luck needed for those outcomes are waaaaay beyond the capacity of the Dolan org.

All good points, I agree. Your pessimism is perfectly justified.

I have no expectations either.

I mostly talk from a perspective of what I would do, or what options I would consider in terms of basketball ops if MSG were a Chanelocracy.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,311

Post#50 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 3, 2022 9:58 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:I agree that the first step is be to hire real basketball executives, and not con-artists who steal Dolan's money after selling him bridges. I was against trading picks for Masai Ujiri when those rumors surfaced a few years ago, but in retrospect I was wrong. In hindsight, I would have easily forsaken the picks that became Frank and RJ, or Knox and Obi, for Ujiri. It doesn't seem that he was interested in working under Dolan, however. But money talks, and bull walks.

God bless Masai Ujiri and the Klutch Lakers for hacking the system for a couple outlier championships, but the skill/clout/luck needed for those outcomes are waaaaay beyond the capacity of the Dolan org.

I mostly talk from a perspective of what I would do, or what options I would consider in terms of basketball ops if MSG were a Chanelocracy.

Evale - please create a TS% 3D Model that will be the basis for the statue outside Chanel's MSG
cgmw
RealGM

Post#51 » by cgmw » Tue May 3, 2022 10:07 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:I agree that the first step is be to hire real basketball executives, and not con-artists who steal Dolan's money after selling him bridges. I was against trading picks for Masai Ujiri when those rumors surfaced a few years ago, but in retrospect I was wrong. In hindsight, I would have easily forsaken the picks that became Frank and RJ, or Knox and Obi, for Ujiri. It doesn't seem that he was interested in working under Dolan, however. But money talks, and bull walks.

The first move of the cgmw era at MSG…

Spoiler:
Jimmit79
Head Coach

Post#52 » by Jimmit79 » Tue May 3, 2022 10:16 pm

cgmw wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
cgmw wrote:Interesting to see your perspective on those Woody teams. Obviously I disagree about their upper-end potential, not the least of why is because I knew perfectly well that an organization run by idiot yes-men emasculated from any actual authority by an idiot boss would inevitably f*ck up with moves like Billups amnesty, nixing Lowry, and trading for Bargnani.

Spoiler:
Is that mills herb zeke and steve stoute?
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#53 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue May 3, 2022 10:20 pm

cgmw wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
cgmw wrote:Interesting to see your perspective on those Woody teams. Obviously I disagree about their upper-end potential, not the least of why is because I knew perfectly well that an organization run by idiot yes-men emasculated from any actual authority by an idiot boss would inevitably f*ck up with moves like Billups amnesty, nixing Lowry, and trading for Bargnani.

Spoiler:

:lol:
cgmw
RealGM

Post#54 » by cgmw » Tue May 3, 2022 10:29 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:All good points, I agree. Your pessimism is perfectly justified.

Spoiler:
Is that mills herb zeke and steve stoute?

Spoiler:
hundreth
Senior
And1: 373

Post#55 » by hundreth » Wed May 4, 2022 12:41 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Lmao not even any beat reporter has any idea what this front office is thinking. That's kinda scary. So many things need to happen and so many different directions they can go. Yet few sorely obvious ones.... Randle & vets gone, RJ, Obi, Quick, Grimes in.... Very simple

Fans are literally giving u a pass this coming season to go full youth movement, ignoring standings.

I guess we disagree on everything :lol:

The FO should 100% ignore what the fans want. Especially Knicks fans. Some people here suggested they wouldn't trade Frank and Knox for Anthony Davis. Knicks fans have no standards and no taste - unless you forgot that the MSG crowd once booed Melo and chanted for Frank.

It's a good thing nobody knows what this FO is thinking. If it was known, they would lose all leverage.

Building around RJ, Obi, Quickley and Grimes probably doesn't lead you anywhere. The Knicks still miss that elusive elite talent.

Knicks fans are right to want to bet on the youth instead of overpaying for middling vets.

What you’re saying is missing a key detail. How does a team which isn’t a desirable free agent destination acquire this elusive elite talent you speak of? Well I’ll tell you, it’s by investing in your youth and developing them properly. Guys like Donovan Mitchell and Jokic who were drafted later would have ended up worthless scrubs if they were drafted by the Knicks. Do you know why? Because of this attitude where unless you’re the first pick, an instant star, or a middling vet you have no business getting minutes or the time of day.

It’s no coincidence the Knicks haven’t signed any of their draftees since forever. This is how we treat our players, like dispensable trash. The rest of the league does not do this. They have more patience, less expectations, and as such the players miraculously turn into “elite” talent.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,248

Post#56 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 4, 2022 2:47 am

spree8 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:May 17 : Draft lottery - Knicks will move down at least 1 and possibly 2 spots
June 23 : Draft day - Knicks will pass on at least 3 players clearly better than the mediocre guy they draft
June 29 - July 1st : Key decisions on FA, RFA, Extensions, Official start of the 2022/23 NBA season, Negotiations - Lolz. No one comes; Mitch leaves
July 7 - 17 : Summer league - Delusional hyping of mediocre talent begins anew for Knick fans
Sep 20ish : Training camp begins - Sept 27:Thibs has settled on his rotation for the year, where Obi will play 10 mpg, Cam Reddish 3 mpg, IQ 20 mpg and Grimes 10 mpg

We can revisit this at each of the dates. You know in your heart of hearts I am correct at each step.

I just want to point out, with the 11th spot, the odds of moving down 2 in the draft is about 1 in 900. Teams 12 and 13 would both need to get top 4 picks. That's unlikely.

Teams when they land around, you know 1-6 or 7 or even 8, odds of falling back 1 spot or even 2 or 3 is pretty high. The Knicks aren't the only team to slip in the draft, the way the lottery is set up, it's pretty common to slip backwards. One team wins a top 4 pick and moves forward, every team that picked before that team moves back one. Moving back is more common than moving up.
Go NY Go NY Go
cgmw
RealGM

Post#57 » by cgmw » Wed May 4, 2022 2:54 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
spree8 wrote:

I just want to point out, with the 11th spot, the odds of moving down 2 in the draft is about 1 in 900. Teams 12 and 13 would both need to get top 4 picks. That's unlikely.

Teams when they land around, you know 1-6 or 7 or even 8, odds of falling back 1 spot or even 2 or 3 is pretty high. The Knicks aren't the only team to slip in the draft, the way the lottery is set up, it's pretty common to slip backwards. One team wins a top 4 pick and moves forward, every team that picked before that team moves back one. Moving back is more common than moving up.

I wonder what the Parlay odds would be on:

1) Knicks move up to top 4 pick;
2) Knicks trade top 4 pick;
3) Knicks receive Zion

Bet it's better than 1 in 900. If we do move up top 4, I think there’s like a 90% chance Leon would trade it.
KnicksNext
Veteran
And1: 1,509

Post#58 » by KnicksNext » Wed May 4, 2022 4:49 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Is it possible to put aside your right to stop **** complaining about things that haven't happened yet and wait and see what actually **** happens? U seen this story a thousand times? It's a pattern 100% i get it... But who **** cares. U rather just talk about how everything bad that could happen will every comment? Its getting mad old... Like trashing our youth that ish been beyond old for awhile now.

May 17 : Draft lottery
June 23 : Draft day
June 29 - July 1st : Key decisions on FA, RFA, Extensions, Official start of the 2022/23 NBA season, Negociations
July 7 - 17 : Summer league
Sep 20ish : Training camp begins

Once FA began and was nearing an end i called out Leon & co. the minute it looked like we had a piss poor plan in free agency... Then I got blasted for having poor foresight... Hindsight I was right, you may be too but wait for the **** time to rant. Or continue beating a dead horse, its in your right. Good chance I'll invoke my sig motto quite a bit.

Not a single person here knows the plan of this front office. So enough of the tired woe is me never ending knicks saga. One tweet doesn't mean ****

Before someone tries to flip my words don't get it twisted, ranting about how much Randle sucks or Thibs or RJ or our youth... w.e ur cup of tea is not the same as talking about decisions that are months from being revealed.

Come correct if u gona challenge me on this. Carry the hell on peasants :dontknow: :censored: :argue:

-no eve im not drunk, can't sleep :lol:

Basically you're saying we should not post at all, but you do realize there isn't anything else to talk about, is there? I guess if we all had your rose colored glasses on we could sit on here and praise how all of our youth are future stars, yada yada yada.. but I prefer to live in reality and think critically based on my knowledge of basketball. We're light years away from being good or having franchise talents on our team. We could be in that situation right now, but we're the Knicks and we draft potential starters instead of future stars, and we add middling vets to ensure we don't get to the top of the draft.

Sure, we can wait and see, but then we wouldn't have anything to talk about. So what's the point of that? :lol:

And I like you, dude. You're a great, passionate Knicks fan. I've just been to abused year after year for 10+ years with this team and don't see what you see in terms of our future potential and youth.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#59 » by KnicksNext » Wed May 4, 2022 4:53 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Is it possible to put aside your right to stop **** complaining about things that haven't happened yet and wait and see what actually **** happens? U seen this story a thousand times? It's a pattern 100% i get it... But who **** cares. U rather just talk about how everything bad that could happen will every comment? Its getting mad old... Like trashing our youth that ish been beyond old for awhile now.

May 17 : Draft lottery
June 23 : Draft day
June 29 - July 1st : Key decisions on FA, RFA, Extensions, Official start of the 2022/23 NBA season, Negociations
July 7 - 17 : Summer league
Sep 20ish : Training camp begins

Once FA began and was nearing an end i called out Leon & co. the minute it looked like we had a piss poor plan in free agency... Then I got blasted for having poor foresight... Hindsight I was right, you may be too but wait for the **** time to rant. Or continue beating a dead horse, its in your right. Good chance I'll invoke my sig motto quite a bit.

Not a single person here knows the plan of this front office. So enough of the tired woe is me never ending knicks saga. One tweet doesn't mean ****

Before someone tries to flip my words don't get it twisted, ranting about how much Randle sucks or Thibs or RJ or our youth... w.e ur cup of tea is not the same as talking about decisions that are months from being revealed.

Come correct if u gona challenge me on this. Carry the hell on peasants :dontknow: :censored: :argue:

-no eve im not drunk, can't sleep :lol:

And to be transparent, reading your posts and others posts about how great our youth will is annoying as well. I've seen you talk up every single young kid we have on our roster at one point or another. That is equally as annoying to continue to read that over and over again. And when someone disagrees with you and tells you to slow down a bit with your future predictions, you usually come at them hard and tell them to STFU and GTFO.

Can you see how that might be mad old as well?
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#60 » by KnicksNext » Wed May 4, 2022 4:54 am

Perfect REALISTIC summary of what's to come. :lol:

Love the bolded part as well. After two summer league games a few posters on here will be talking our 1st round mediocre player as the next big thing in the league. Happens literally every summer.

Return to New York Knicks