ImageImageImageImageImage

OT The Dave Chappelle tackle...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Re: OT The Dave Chappelle tackle... 

Post#41 » by j4remi » Fri May 6, 2022 8:11 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
j4remi wrote:Turns out the dude is a wannabe MAGA rapper who had rap songs about Trump and Dave's dumb "it musta been the LGBT" community joke got a bunch of people blaming the trans-community for something it had nothing to do with...which kinda gets at their point that Dave's jokes can be harmful to people's views on Trans and greater LGBT community since I scrolled past a few posts that immediately just assumed it was an activist.

I didn't really think it was a trans person and I had heard the same thing about the dude being MAGA. That didn't surprise because comedians are getting heckled and confronted by MAGAts during their stand up routines. But I did think the joke was pretty funny. I'm sorry but I busted out laughing when I read that, especially after just getting attacked. He and Rock both had great punchlines after getting physically attacked on stage.

Did people really think that the dude was a "trans man" because of Dave's joke? If they thought it, it was probably due to the animosity the LGBTQ community has for him. I can't think of anyone else that hates Dave. Why did this Black MAGA dude (that's another issue ... Black MAGAts? How does that happen?) wish to harm Dave?

I think a decent majority wouldn't just conclude it was actually a trasn-activist attack over the joke. But the problem is with the ones who do. And as I've always said, Dave demonstrably understands this problem because he plainly stated that's why he left Chappelle's Show. A white guy in the room laughed a little too hard at one of his sketches and he realized that some people weren't taking the joke right.

It's the leap from "trans activists are mad about jokes" to "since Trans activists are mad about jokes, they'd violently attack Chappelle" without much evidence to support it that gets them upset. Their "animosity" hasn't fomented into the types of threats or attacks that would be precursors to that as far as I know. And that's kinda what I keep trying to point out. ****'s funny until it becomes cover to treat a group of people as inherently violent or dangerous. They keep asking not to be misrepresented and the response is "you're attacking me."

Like I'll keep saying, "bigots ruin everything." They use "just jokes" as cover and it makes it so groups that actually face harsh discrimination (of which trans-people have it really bad) have to be more defensive. And then people get mad at the defensive behavior or treat it as unreasonable because "hey it's just a joke." But people are defensive because they're the ones that have to worry about dealing with the repercussions.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: OT The Dave Chappelle tackle... 

Post#42 » by NoLayupRule » Sun May 8, 2022 1:50 pm

Capn'O wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:its horrible that this happened
Dave handled it pretty well

there is a major issue with our society thats we approve of a pile of security guards stomping the hell out of this man after the fact as well. We celebrate it.

he was wrong. doesnt make it ok to bash his head in.
this is a problem with society. and why people just accept that a person sent to jail should be treated like garbage, raped and beaten, left to sit in Rikers for years without trial, etc

we all need to show more humanity to each other

From the guards' perspective I can kind of understand the value of being excessive in this case to set a precedent about rushing stages generally after the Will Smith incident. Not that they were necessarily thinking that outright but it's in the back of everyone's mind now that people would think they could intimidate a performer with no consequences.

But I don't celebrate it.

Id agree if it wasnt standard practice for every bouncer in every situation they find themselves in / create

Return to New York Knicks