ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: White Supremacist mass shooting in Buffalo

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Re: OT: White Supremacist mass shooting in Buffalo 

Post#101 » by duetta » Mon May 16, 2022 2:37 pm

2010 wrote:
Meat wrote:
2010 wrote:
Compromising rights based on terrorism and fear is never a good idea.

Dead people in school or supermarket ain’t so grand either

Challenge yourself or our politicians to come up with a solution that doesn’t remove rights. Otherwise, you are a part of the problem in the grand scheme of things. People can always be counted on to take the short-sighted approach.

I've thought a lot about this.

Personally, I support a paradigm that returns to the idea of protected speech and 'tolerated' speech.

Protected speech encompasses all forms of speech that unquestionably accept the pluralistic frame that the First Amendment specifically created; tolerated speech is speech that is advocating for totalitarianism in one form or another, be it religious or secular. Within my proposed framework, this tolerated speech is only tolerated so long as an exploration of its roots is useful for understanding the underlying roots of the phenomenon.

There are many forms of totalitarianism - some secular, some religious. All of them have one thing in common - that is, were they to triumph, the First Amendment would be history. In my opinion, Fundamentalist strains of Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc., as well as political movements such as Jacobinism (as in the Jacobins of the French Revolution), Marxism, Fascism, etc. are all inescapably totalitarian - as is any appeal to supremacy based on racial or ethnic identity.

History demonstrates that there are invasive ideologies that, if left to spread, represent a dire threat to a pluralistic society. The First Amendment will not protect us from creeping totalitarianism, inasmuch as recent history demonstrates that bad ideas can spreadly as easily, if not more easily than good ideas. We used to believe that good speech would necessarily crowd out bad speech - but in an era where there are few responsible gatekeepers, and in which many Americans pick and choose their preferred news from social media, this belief has become untenable. No amount of 'good speech' can crowd out 'bad speech' so long as those audiences susceptible to the appeals of' bad speech' (like advocates for white supremacy, religious totalitarianism, etc.) are not exposed to it.

This is a complicated issue, to be sure - but I fail to see, for instance, why any media advocating for racial or religious supremacy should be tolerated going forward, inasmuch as the first thing that these movements would seek were they to become ascendant is to abolish the protections of First Amendment for everyone else!
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,407

Post#102 » by robillionaire » Mon May 16, 2022 2:59 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
In my opinion, is the direct through line you can trace from widespread mainstream conservative rhetoric to the shooter's manifesto. The shooter explicitly mentioned the "great replacement" theory, which broadly states that minorities are replacing white people in American life. His primary weapon, a AR-15 pattern rifle, was adorned with the names of other mass shooters and various slogans of racial hate. He livestreamed the attack, in a similar fashion to one of his other heroes, the perpetrator of the Christchurch, NZ, mosque attack in 2019, which killed 51 people.

It's extremely clear where this kind of rhetoric and poisonous ideology comes from -- we have several figures repeating it on the evening news every day. As Eoin Higgins pointed out, part of the shooter's manifesto was lifted almost word for word from a monologue that Tucker Carlson has delivered on air several times.

I saw a graphic a few months ago that he had mentioned replacement theory rhetoric on his show at least 400 times in the last few years (so probably by now even higher), and a poll showing nearly half of the gop subscribed to this ideology, so this is why I’m saying it’s important to understand the terrorist’s stated reasoning for carrying out the attack is a VERY MAINSTREAM belief in the US subscribed to by tens of millions of people, it’s not even a fringe idea. So how do you increase these white birth rates that they are so deeply concerned about? Well they believe they can do this if they take away women’s reproductive freedom across the entire nation and ban birth control and ban people from even discussing the existence of lgbt people whose identity they see as a threat to birth rates, and all the while inspiring stochastic acts of terror for people like this to start shooting brown people in churches and supermarkets or wherever they congregate. I swear I wouldn’t be surprised if the reinstated miscegenation laws in the near future now that the precedent in the privacy clause is being thrown out by the Supreme Court. Of course one solution to inspire people to have kids is just pay people more money or make it so people can afford food or a house or child care or health care or education but they threw the guy suggesting that out of the corporate board room window because some of those public services might aid a brown person
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,878

Post#103 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 16, 2022 4:51 pm

When you have a SCOTUS judge invoking replacement theory in their legal opinions, and Republican politicians openly spewing white nationalist propaganda that a terrorist used to justify shooting up 80 year old Black women, I can only imagine what will come next.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,532

Post#104 » by Fat Kat » Mon May 16, 2022 5:19 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#105 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 16, 2022 5:22 pm

One would think the govt and their propagandist MSM would prefer a civil war as opposed to a revolution.
:beer: RIP mags
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#106 » by 2010 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:27 pm

Have any of you read Phil Mushnick of the NY Post’s articles for the past couple decades? Openly racist p.o.s. attacks black sports figures and urban culture every single chance he gets and has been doing this forever as a journalist.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,665

Post#107 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 5:36 pm

2010 wrote:Have any of you read Phil Mushnick of the NY Post’s articles for the past couple decades? Openly racist p.o.s. attacks black sports figures and urban culture every single chance he gets and has been doing this forever as a journalist.

Calling Mushnick a journalist is being way too kind.
Free Palestine
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#108 » by Daaaarryyl » Mon May 16, 2022 7:51 pm

I have no idea where to put this, but since the topic here is race:

Anyone see this? White Lyft driver picks up a white woman and man.

Woman is surprised the driver is white, spoke English and was "a normal" guy.

Driver says GTFO-

Read on Twitter
?cxt=HHwWgICxseuKs6wqAAAA
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#109 » by Daaaarryyl » Mon May 16, 2022 7:54 pm

Makes me feel good because there are MORE good people in this world than these animal racists.

But we just need to speak out more rather than let this sh*t go!!!
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,665

Post#110 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 7:57 pm

Daaaarryyl wrote:Makes me feel good because there are MORE good people in this world than these animal racists.

But we just need to speak out more rather than let this sh*t go....

I don't let shyt go. :lol:
Free Palestine
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,908

Post#111 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:13 pm

Daaaarryyl wrote:I have no idea where to put this, but since the topic here is race:

Driver says GTFO-

Read on Twitter

I love white ppl like this, these are our allies :nod:

I applaud this guy so much for calling them out... And then of course u heard the couples racist white pride spew out when she called him a N lover. Not even tryna type that **** out and give power to these corny mfers.

Talks real tough then does nothing. If u tell someone u gona snuff them u better be ready to do it.

Thanks for posting
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,535

Post#112 » by Kidknick! » Mon May 16, 2022 9:46 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Kidknick! wrote:I did myself the disservice of watching this massacre. I think that folks in NYC need to understand that for the most part that when you go north, it's almost as bad as going south. I moved up into a small town on the Orange/Ulster border. And the amount of Confederate flags as outright RACIST bumper stickers on cars is the vast majority. Don't believe me? Just look at the election numbers from the last Presidential. Needless to say, I don't have many people I like nor trust up here.

Yeah I went to Lake George one time and they looked at me like I’m an alien. As a Puerto Rican I Felt really unwelcomed, the hatred even made my white gf uncomfortable. I can onlu imagine how they would treat a black person. Confederate flags and Trump bumper stickers everywhere.

Man, listen, My wife helped organize a peaceful BLM march two years ago in my town. And my neighbor two houses away and his 8 year old kid were out on their porch cursing and his kid was giving the marchers the finger. She also has had beef with the White mothers in town.

There's also a guy whose NY State License plate is "WP 88" which for those who don't know means "White Power, Heil Hitler" on his truck, which also hilariously and ironically also has "Disabled Plates" as well. These people exist and THRIVE outside the bubble of culture in NYC. This is where these GOBLINS live. I'm really trying to convince my wife to move to P.R. I'm at the point where Global Warming is an option to staying here.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,387

Post#113 » by Ray Williams » Mon May 16, 2022 10:07 pm

They need to stop letting these animals surrender. Shoot those pieces of **** until all that’s left is a puddle of blood and unrecognizable flesh.
RealGM

Post#114 » by 2010 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:34 pm

Daaaarryyl wrote:I have no idea where to put this, but since the topic here is race:

Driver says GTFO-

Read on Twitter

And the guy accompanying that p.o.s. Karen has the nerve to call the driver (who is a complete stand-up guy) an “a-hole”. Unreal.

Peep how at the end he called him a “n!66er lover” for the icing on the bigot cake.

RealGM

Post#115 » by 2010 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:58 pm

Ray Williams wrote:They need to stop letting these animals surrender. Shoot those pieces of **** until all that’s left is a puddle of blood and unrecognizable flesh.

Another unspoken topic is guys like that Buffalo mass shooter will go to prison for life but still have it relatively good, considering the circumstances.

He will be placed among his kind and live among a white supremacist prison gang. He will likely achieve rank due to the nature of his crime and be protected. The hicky C.O.’s from whatever obscure place he does his time will likely look after him too and make sure he is good. Cuz as KnixtapeH2O previously stated, C.O.’s in those neck of the woods are largely racist as well, and their whole family sometimes work at the prison. They look after their own and those who think/look like them.

I’m sure y’all been following the deathrow prison escapee Casey White ordeal, and his prison guard lover Vicky White who helped him flee then killed herself.

I gotta put the media on blast too for some things I noticed. In their reportings they seldom mentioned Casey White is a known white supremacist. It was hardly reported despite the scores of articles written about his escape and subsequent capture. It only came out once shirtless pictures of him was released where he has clear and evident white supremacist tattoos such as “SS” lightning bolts, Confederate flag, swaztika, eyes tatted on the back of his head, etc.

So this guy and his C.O. lover were on the run for 11 fkn days and the media and law enforcement downplayed his racist associations and never put people of color on alert of possible motivations for hate related crime sprees. THINK ABOUT THAT! Could have easily been another active mass shooter situation, yet they kept the public in the dark.

Think about how kidnappings and missing persons cases are covered in this country. Think about how embarrassing it is that there is a well-known term called “missing white girl/woman syndrome” and everyone acknowledges it exists, yet nothing is done about the biased media coverage (or lack thereof) when someone goes missing depending on what color they are.

Think about how when you read reports about a white victim, in certain scenarios reporters/writers always mention subjective things like how pretty or handsome the victim was/is in an effort to garner added sympathy from the public. Yet when a person of color is a victim, you never hear/read of such subjective descriptions.

I notice things like this all the time. I know some of you do too.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,068

Post#116 » by Capn'O » Mon May 16, 2022 11:03 pm

2010 wrote:Casey White is a known white supremacist.

I mean, if you wrote this **** as a manuscript "There Go The Whites" the editor would kick it back immediately for being unbelievable. Yet here we are.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,532

Post#117 » by Fat Kat » Mon May 16, 2022 11:45 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,683

Post#118 » by Pointgod » Tue May 17, 2022 12:20 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

If only there was a theory….that looked at things critically…. that would help explain these racial disparities
RealGM

Post#119 » by 2010 » Tue May 17, 2022 12:55 am

Pointgod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

If only there was a theory….that looked at things critically…. that would help explain these racial disparities

Critical Race Theory – under media propaganda attack
The word “woke” – under media propaganda attack

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,908

Post#120 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue May 17, 2022 1:03 am

2010 wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:They need to stop letting these animals surrender. Shoot those pieces of **** until all that’s left is a puddle of blood and unrecognizable flesh.

Another unspoken topic is guys like that Buffalo mass shooter will go to prison for life but still have it relatively good, considering the circumstances.

He will be placed among his kind and live among a white supremacist prison gang. He will likely achieve rank due to the nature of his crime and be protected. The hicky C.O.’s from whatever obscure place he does his time will likely look after him too and make sure he is good. Cuz as KnixtapeH2O previously stated, C.O.’s in those neck of the woods are largely racist as well, and their whole family sometimes work at the prison. They look after their own and those who think/look like them.

I’m sure y’all been following the deathrow prison escapee Casey White ordeal, and his prison guard lover Vicky White who helped him flee then killed herself.

I gotta put the media on blast too for some things I noticed. In their reportings they seldom mentioned Casey White is a known white supremacist. It was hardly reported despite the scores of articles written about his escape and subsequent capture. It only came out once shirtless pictures of him was released where he has clear and evident white supremacist tattoos such as “SS” lightning bolts, Confederate flag, swaztika, eyes tatted on the back of his head, etc.

So this guy and his C.O. lover were on the run for 11 fkn days and the media and law enforcement downplayed his racist associations and never put people of color on alert of possible motivations for hate related crime sprees. THINK ABOUT THAT! Could have easily been another active mass shooter situation, yet they kept the public in the dark.

Think about how kidnappings and missing persons cases are covered in this country. Think about how embarrassing it is that there is a well-known term called “missing white girl/woman syndrome” and everyone acknowledges it exists, yet nothing is done about the biased media coverage (or lack thereof) when someone goes missing depending on what color they are.

Think about how when you read reports about a white victim, in certain scenarios reporters/writers always mention subjective things like how pretty or handsome the victim was/is in an effort to garner added sympathy from the public. Yet when a person of color is a victim, you never hear/read of such subjective descriptions.

I notice things like this all the time. I know some of you do too.

Thats crazy I heard about it but never looked into it thats crazy they kept the details hush when they could of put ppls lives in dangers specifically minorities.

Oh and these 2 white power lovers actually had tje same last name white :lol: just seen that lmao

Stay strapped that's all u can do in this crazy world

Return to New York Knicks