ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: White Supremacist mass shooting in Buffalo

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,440

Re: OT: White Supremacist mass shooting in Buffalo 

Post#81 » by robillionaire » Mon May 16, 2022 3:50 am

seren wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
seren wrote:The world? You mean the USA. These things rarely happen elsewhere in the world.

These things happen in places where these people rub shoulders with blacks and start to feel their numerical paranoia. It's Not limited to the USA by any stretch. And anti black racism is global...if you doubt that do a google search.

I followed your advice and have not come up with any country with the mass shootings occurring at the same level as USA. I would appreciate if you have those sources. More than happy to read.

They do happen, but sure not at the frequency as we have. But you can look up the people that this shooter was emulating such as Brenton Tarrant or Anders Breivik (in fact he had their names written on his gun) for examples of how similar white supremacist terror can happen globally

I have read the manifesto and watched the shooting. The shooter went on the fascist breeding ground for pretty much every single terrorist attack, 4chan and specifically /pol/ and became radicalized into fascism and inspired by people like Tarrant and Dylann Roof the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter among various others and to copy him

During the shooting the terrorist finds a cashier cowering for his life, the terrorist tells him sorry (presumably because he is white) and moves along. If you look at his gun it is covered in memes from 4chan, names of other white nationalist terrorists, synagogue shooters, names of people in the waukesha vehicular attack which I presume he thinks he is avenging, and various racial slurs and Nazi iconography

As far a a solution to a genocidal political movement it’s the same today as it always has been

We passed the ban guns or ban hate speech exit ramps a long time ago, personally I agree with Rhodey build communities and prepare for self defense because the government that also happens to have the worlds largest prison population and whose police are infiltrated with white supremacists an kill over a thousand ppl year sure won’t protect us

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,480

Post#82 » by RHODEY » Mon May 16, 2022 3:51 am

seren wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
seren wrote:The world? You mean the USA. These things rarely happen elsewhere in the world.

These things happen in places where these people rub shoulders with blacks and start to feel their numerical paranoia. It's Not limited to the USA by any stretch. And anti black racism is global...if you doubt that do a google search.

I followed your advice and have not come up with any country with the mass shootings occurring at the same level as USA. I would appreciate if you have those sources. More than happy to read.

Off the top of my head...

Southafrica had hundreds of mass shootings/killings of black people from 1800's- 1990's?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_South_Africa

For example..the The Sharpville Massacre (1960) 250 black people were killed when the white supremacist police opened fire on a crowd.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Sharpeville-massacre

There's the Christchurch mosque attacks in New Zealand, that killed 50 defensiveness people.

and I'm sure I could find more mass killings committed by genocidal white supremacist extremists.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,136

Post#83 » by Capn'O » Mon May 16, 2022 4:08 am

robillionaire wrote:
seren wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

They do happen, but sure not at the frequency as we have. But you can look up the people that this shooter was emulating such as Brenton Tarrant or Anders Breivik (in fact he had their names written on his gun) for examples of how similar white supremacist terror can happen globally

I have read the manifesto and watched the shooting. The shooter went on the fascist breeding ground for pretty much every single terrorist attack, 4chan and specifically /pol/ and became radicalized into fascism and inspired by people like Tarrant and Dylann Roof the Pittsburgh synagogue shooter among various others and to copy him

During the shooting the terrorist finds a cashier cowering for his life, the terrorist tells him sorry (presumably because he is white) and moves along. If you look at his gun it is covered in memes from 4chan, names of other white nationalist terrorists, synagogue shooters, names of people in the waukesha vehicular attack which I presume he thinks he is avenging, and various racial slurs and Nazi iconography

As far a a solution to a genocidal political movement it’s the same today as it always has been

We passed the ban guns or ban hate speech exit ramps a long time ago, personally I agree with Rhodey build communities and prepare for self defense because the government that also happens to have the worlds largest prison population and whose police are infiltrated with white supremacists an kill over a thousand ppl year sure won’t protect us

What you said above is what I'm talking about. These are cells. Those networks need to be monitored as terrorist networks.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#84 » by Meat » Mon May 16, 2022 4:16 am

RHODEY wrote:
seren wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Southafrica had hundreds of mass shootings/killings of black people from 1800's- 1990's?

For example..the The Sharpville Massacre (1960) 250 black people were killed when the white supremacist police opened fire on a crowd.

There's the Christchurch mosque attacks in New Zealand, that killed 50 defensiveness people.

and I'm sure I could find more mass killings commuted by genocidal white supremacists.

Now you're just taking the piss, he clearly means now not 30-40 years ago.
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,560

Post#85 » by Kidknick! » Mon May 16, 2022 4:20 am

I did myself the disservice of watching this massacre. I think that folks in NYC need to understand that for the most part that when you go north, it's almost as bad as going south. I moved up into a small town on the Orange/Ulster border. And the amount of Confederate flags as outright RACIST bumper stickers on cars is the vast majority. Don't believe me? Just look at the election numbers from the last Presidential. Needless to say, I don't have many people I like nor trust up here.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,440

Post#86 » by robillionaire » Mon May 16, 2022 4:27 am

Kidknick! wrote:I did myself the disservice of watching this massacre. I think that folks in NYC need to understand that for the most part that when you go north, it's almost as bad as going south. I moved up into a small town on the Orange/Ulster border. And the amount of Confederate flags as outright RACIST bumper stickers on cars is the vast majority. Don't believe me? Just look at the election numbers from the last Presidential. Needless to say, I don't have many people I like nor trust up here.

As long as you are south of the Canadian border you are south
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,915

Post#87 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 16, 2022 4:43 am

Kidknick! wrote:I did myself the disservice of watching this massacre. I think that folks in NYC need to understand that for the most part that when you go north, it's almost as bad as going south. I moved up into a small town on the Orange/Ulster border. And the amount of Confederate flags as outright RACIST bumper stickers on cars is the vast majority. Don't believe me? Just look at the election numbers from the last Presidential. Needless to say, I don't have many people I like nor trust up here.

Yup. There's a reason they live out there away from everyone... "us"

I been locked up in Fishkill, Ulster, Altona... 555 devils den rd... Some of the most racists CO's there.. On the bus ride up u see all the white pride they have. My brother is incarcerated in Ulster right now just got sent back few months ago...

Biden told trump why don't u outlaw the white supremacists... Anyone ask ask him why he don't? Old **** is more racist than anyone.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#88 » by RHODEY » Mon May 16, 2022 5:29 am

Meat wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
seren wrote:

and I'm sure I could find more mass killings commuted by genocidal white supremacists.

Now you're just taking the piss, he clearly means now not 30-40 years ago.

How convenient.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#89 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 5:29 am

RHODEY wrote:
seren wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Refugees from African countries have been turned away by European countries as opposed to the Ukrainians. Also, Black residents of Ukraine (mostly students) were prevented from leaving in favor of white Ukrainian citizens despite where they were on line. Also, we turned away all of these South American refugees who were fleeing the more horrific situations in their countries which we, the USA, helped create.

We're just involved in all of these shyt around the world while the country is stressed the fck out and at each other's throats. We have high profile people on the media and in congress spewing the most hateful rhetoric on top of the white supremacist cops ("Oath Keepers").

I hope that the DOJ indicts Trump before primary season for the '24 Presidential Election. That's going to be crazy either way.
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#90 » by RHODEY » Mon May 16, 2022 5:37 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

I been locked up in Fishkill, Ulster, Altona... 555 devils den rd... Some of the most racists CO's there.. On the bus ride up u see all the white pride they have. My brother is incarcerated in Ulster right now just got sent back few months ago...

Biden told trump why don't u outlaw the white supremacists... Anyone ask ask him why he don't? Old **** is more racist than anyone.

These accounts jibe with my experiences and personal accounts that Ive heard. They need to turn the light on those cockroaches up there.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#91 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 6:10 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

This is what's on Fox News every weekday night at 9 p.m. Tucker Carlson is spewing the same KKK type rants that were in this kid's manifesto.

Free Palestine
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,868

Post#92 » by 8516knicks » Mon May 16, 2022 9:01 am

Someone on twitter had a tellingy sardonic comment - "If Kyle Rittenhouse had been at the grocery store, he would have fought back against the shooter."
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,868

Post#93 » by 8516knicks » Mon May 16, 2022 9:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
seren wrote:

Refugees from African countries have been turned away by European countries as opposed to the Ukrainians. Also, Black residents of Ukraine (mostly students) were prevented from leaving in favor of white Ukrainian citizens despite where they were on line. Also, we turned away all of these South American refugees who were fleeing the more horrific situations in their countries which we, the USA, helped create.

We're just involved in all of these shyt around the world while the country is stressed the fck out and at each other's throats. We have high profile people on the media and in congress spewing the most hateful rhetoric on top of the white supremacist cops ("Oath Keepers").

I hope that the DOJ indicts Trump before primary season for the '24 Presidential Election. That's going to be crazy either way.

"Refugees from African countries have been turned away by European countries as opposed to the Ukrainians. "
Did u see where the Russians won't let THEIR OWN retreating soldiers decimated in Ukraine from their OWN fringe areas back across the border into Russia proper? Only REAL Russians!
Kidknick!
Head Coach

Post#94 » by Kidknick! » Mon May 16, 2022 9:16 am

I wanna know how his AR was purchased in NY yet there was no mag lock on it? That's the rule in this state.
Kidknick!
Head Coach

Post#95 » by Kidknick! » Mon May 16, 2022 9:21 am

RHODEY wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

These accounts jibe with my experiences and personal accounts that Ive heard. They need to turn the light on those cockroaches up there.

The thing about these towns that I mentioned is Ulster is the furthest part of NY that any of the NYPD, FDNY and EMS employees can live in and be able to work in NYC. Its no coincidence that a town like Goshen (Aka Cop town USA) is also a main stronghold of the "Oathkeepers".

These towns are full of Civil servants who hate the people who pay their salaries.

The rules on where these folks can live in order to work in a city where the MAJORITY of people are black, brown and yellow needs to change.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,331

Post#96 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:04 pm

Yeah I went to Lake George one time and they looked at me like I’m an alien. As a Puerto Rican I Felt really unwelcomed, the hatred even made my white gf uncomfortable. I can onlu imagine how they would treat a black person. Confederate flags and Trump bumper stickers everywhere.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#97 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 1:34 pm

Capn'O wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
seren wrote:

What you said above is what I'm talking about. These are cells. Those networks need to be monitored as terrorist networks.

… and dismantled.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#98 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 1:37 pm

robillionaire wrote:

As long as you are south of the Canadian border you are south

New England?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#99 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 1:39 pm

In my opinion, is the direct through line you can trace from widespread mainstream conservative rhetoric to the shooter's manifesto. The shooter explicitly mentioned the "great replacement" theory, which broadly states that minorities are replacing white people in American life. His primary weapon, a AR-15 pattern rifle, was adorned with the names of other mass shooters and various slogans of racial hate. He livestreamed the attack, in a similar fashion to one of his other heroes, the perpetrator of the Christchurch, NZ, mosque attack in 2019, which killed 51 people.

It's extremely clear where this kind of rhetoric and poisonous ideology comes from -- we have several figures repeating it on the evening news every day. As Eoin Higgins pointed out, part of the shooter's manifesto was lifted almost word for word from a monologue that Tucker Carlson has delivered on air several times.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#100 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 16, 2022 1:45 pm

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2022/05/14/mass-shooting-on-water-street-downtown-milwaukee-after-bucks-nba-playoff-game-vs-boston-celtics/9775305002/

21 people were injured in shootings in downtown Milwaukee; Mayor Johnson imposes curfew Saturday night

Milwaukee's downtown entertainment district, a space to celebrate and come together as a city, was rocked by gun violence Friday night after three shootings left at least 21 people wounded — including 17 shot in one incident.

Hours later, Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson imposed a curfew in the area for Saturday and Sunday nights.

“We're going to do something about what happened here in this neighborhood last night," Johnson said at downtown's Red Arrow Park. "It will not be tolerated."

The violence hit an entertainment district that has been battered by two years of the pandemic and other high-profile incidents of gun violence, including two homicides earlier this year.

On Friday night, 11,000 people gathered at the Deer District outside of Fiserv Forum where the Milwaukee Bucks lost to the Boston Celtics in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference semifinal playoff.

By Saturday morning, police evidence markers, trash and personal belongings like shoes and combs could be seen along Water Street. Blood dotted the sidewalks.

“It was the perfect storm,” Assistant Police Chief Nicole Waldner said.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks