ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread: Knicks pick 11th and 42nd

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Will we finally get lucky and get a top 5 pick or are we cursed forever

Knicks get a top 5 pick
16%
Cursed forever
84%

Total votes: 100

knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Re: Draft Thread: Knicks pick 11th and 42nd 

Post#1961 » by knickstape21 » Thu Jun 2, 2022 4:58 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
Someone is smart. They always trying these journalism tricks. Everybody know nobody is saying anything with Conviction.

Classic Begley “reporting” that the Knicks could do either this or that… guy never provides real substance.

He will go through EVERY FA name and every possible scenario just throwing shyt at the wall. He does it every year. Same old song a dance. Anyone here could do the same damn thing. It's amazing he has a job. Sports "journalism" is a joke. Especially when it comes to the Knicks. Sauces and sauces everywhere.

But it’s crazy cause most people think he’s the one guy to trust and follow for real insider info when it comes to the Knicks and he rarely comes through with real substance of anything.

Plus, I just think he’s snarky in general and takes underlying jabs at the team. I swear I have more “sources” than he does.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#1962 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Jun 2, 2022 7:32 am

knickstape21 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
Classic Begley “reporting” that the Knicks could do either this or that… guy never provides real substance.

He will go through EVERY FA name and every possible scenario just throwing shyt at the wall. He does it every year. Same old song a dance. Anyone here could do the same damn thing. It's amazing he has a job. Sports "journalism" is a joke. Especially when it comes to the Knicks. Sauces and sauces everywhere.

But it’s crazy cause most people think he’s the one guy to trust and follow for real insider info when it comes to the Knicks and he rarely comes through with real substance of anything.

Plus, I just think he’s snarky in general and takes underlying jabs at the team. I swear I have more “sources” than he does.

Yeah. He's just a trashy hack who acts like he's an insider. And people fall for it. Click bait reporting is all it is. Mention the Knicks for clicks is the name of the game.
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,381

Post#1963 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jun 2, 2022 9:08 am

Zenzibar wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
Also ZERO chance the Knicks FO does it. They don’t hate Randle like the fanbase does, and everything they’ve done indicates they see him as worth more (even after last season) than moving up 4 spots in the draft, and expiring contracts.
I never mentioned swapping picks with Portland.We keep 11. And while the FO may not want to do it...they can't afford to have the fanbase booing him perpetually. And that's where Randle is with Knickfans right now...he's completely lost the fanbase and there's no going back.

Someone tweeted this Gordon Haywood trade scenario. Thoughts? Will this work and would you do it?

Read on Twitter

I hate the idea of adding a contract and adding time, but there's something to be said for clearing roster glut with that trade, plus having another relatively high pick.

Still. The other contracts expire after the upcoming season, GH has another season after that.
It would put him and Fournier expiring at the same time, to the tune of 48 million.
Not that that would matter all that much if RJ gets a Randle sized deal.

Still might do it.

Haywood is a SF/PF now, right? Can he see any time at all at SG - and I mean briefly, or on switches. Just seeing if it's worth it for the roster flexibility.
Hate the idea of giving Thibs another vet to play though.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,479

Post#1964 » by WargamesX » Thu Jun 2, 2022 9:30 am

knickstape21 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:

All the reporters left on the Knicks beat are snarky and take underlying jabs at the team. The only media people who seem to like the team run the fan shows.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#1965 » by Adelheid » Thu Jun 2, 2022 9:48 am

Knicks make little improvements then suddenly follow it up with a big clusterfrak...who in their right mind would like what the team is doing? Everyone and their dogs just anticipate the next team fuk-up
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#1966 » by Polk377 » Thu Jun 2, 2022 1:35 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
RHODEY wrote:I never mentioned swapping picks with Portland.We keep 11. And while the FO may not want to do it...they can't afford to have the fanbase booing him perpetually. And that's where Randle is with Knickfans right now...he's completely lost the fanbase and there's no going back.

Someone tweeted this Gordon Haywood trade scenario. Thoughts? Will this work and would you do it?

Read on Twitter

I hate the idea of adding a contract and adding time, but there's something to be said for clearing roster glut with that trade, plus having another relatively high pick.

Still. The other contracts expire after the upcoming season, GH has another season after that.
It would put him and Fournier expiring at the same time, to the tune of 48 million.
Not that that would matter all that much if RJ gets a Randle sized deal.

Still might do it.

Haywood is a SF/PF now, right? Can he see any time at all at SG - and I mean briefly, or on switches. Just seeing if it's worth it for the roster flexibility.
Hate the idea of giving Thibs another vet to play though.

Only way I take Hayward is if Charlotte takes Fournier. Knicks don't have room for both of them as the trade would make one of them the 6th man in this scenario. Quickley, Ivey, Barrett, Randle, Robinson would be the starters with a bench of Rose, Grimes, Fournier/Hayward, Toppin, Sims.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,330

Post#1967 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:28 pm

I would rather have Hayward then Randle.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1968 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:33 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:I would rather have Hayward then Randle.

Yeah really the only knock on Hayward is he's always getting knicked up (pun intended) but he's still a useful player when healthy.

Charlotte really missed him at the end of the season
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#1969 » by JXL » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:39 pm

Read on Twitter
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1970 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:40 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Yeah really the only knock on Hayward is he's always getting knicked up (pun intended) but he's still a useful player when healthy.

He has a shorter contract, and is a better fit. Would free up some minutes for Obi. Doesn’t really make sense for Charl though. Hard to see a deal that would make sense for both teams
Mavs
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1971 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:43 pm

JXL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Done. If only we could do something like that
Mavs
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,459

Post#1972 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:46 pm

Do people really think Sacramento is trading Ivey for Randle? :lol:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,309

Post#1973 » by DOT » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:48 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Do people really think Sacramento is trading Ivey for Randle? :lol:

The Kings are kind of Knicks West, so it's a possibility.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#1974 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:48 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

He has a shorter contract, and is a better fit. Would free up some minutes for Obi. Doesn’t really make sense for Charl though. Hard to see a deal that would make sense for both teams

Jordan is kind of dumb like us so I could see it. Too bad WE wouldn't though. Bet Rose/Perry/WWW/Perin ask for LaMelo in return for Randle. :lol:
JXL
General Manager

Post#1975 » by JXL » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:48 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Do people really think Sacramento is trading Ivey for Randle? :lol:

They would like to be in the playoffs after a 16 year drought. They are already loaded with guards, adding another is redundant, they really need at stretch 4, cause Sabonis is more of a 5 with a bit of range. Randle + Sabonis is a good combo cause they're also really good passers.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,309

Post#1976 » by DOT » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:49 pm

I haven't even watched any of Ivey or really the top 4

Don't want to feel too depressed when we can't get them, plus for the first time in BaF, I'm picking outside the top 5, so no reason to scout for that either.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#1977 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:49 pm

DOT wrote:

The Kings are kind of Knicks West, so it's a possibility.

True but they can't be THAT dumb. I still have a hard time believing this FO would have the balls to do it either. Would be exciting though!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,499

Post#1978 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:50 pm

Eventually you all will face reality again when Randle is back starting next season. He’s not going anywhere unless we’re getting a significant upgrade in the front court
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#1979 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:52 pm

JXL wrote:

They would like to be in the playoffs after a 16 year drought. They are already loaded with guards, adding another is redundant, they really need at stretch 4, cause Sabonis is more of a 5 with a bit of range. Randle + Sabonis is a good combo cause they're also really good passers.

Really wish you were the Sacramento GM!

Randle/Sabonis/Fox is a disaster imo.
JXL
General Manager

Post#1980 » by JXL » Thu Jun 2, 2022 2:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Eventually you all will face reality again when Randle is back starting next season. He’s not going anywhere unless we’re getting a significant upgrade in the front court

BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Return to New York Knicks