ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread: Knicks pick 11th and 42nd

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Will we finally get lucky and get a top 5 pick or are we cursed forever

Knicks get a top 5 pick
16%
Cursed forever
84%

Total votes: 100

TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,946

Re: Draft Thread: Knicks pick 11th and 42nd 

Post#861 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri May 20, 2022 8:28 pm

WargamesX wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Called Fournier to us way before anyone else did. He's almost on Woj/Shams level reliable at this point

Elf, Frank, Knox, Bamba….Pinson back as the 15th man

probably Bamba… him trying to recruit Donovan on social media is pretty funny

I hate the guy but Thibs would turn bamba into a monster!!!!!!!!!!!
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,657

Post#862 » by DaGawd » Fri May 20, 2022 8:30 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Elf, Frank, Knox, Bamba….Pinson back as the 15th man

probably Bamba… him trying to recruit Donovan on social media is pretty funny

Didn’t we think the same about Mitch
BaF
Washington Wizards
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#863 » by WargamesX » Fri May 20, 2022 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#864 » by WargamesX » Fri May 20, 2022 8:31 pm

DaGawd wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
WargamesX wrote:probably Bamba… him trying to recruit Donovan on social media is pretty funny

Thibs ain’t turning him into a monster. He’s just affordable
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#865 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri May 20, 2022 8:34 pm

WargamesX wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

Thibs ain’t turning him into a monster. He’s just affordable

I think Mitch has played his best ball under thibs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch is just who he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bambas infinitely more talented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#866 » by El Poochio » Fri May 20, 2022 8:38 pm

Randle for #4 lets go!!!

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#867 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:42 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
I quoted you saying that he'd help their team and laughed. He'll probably not play another game, his knee is cooked. I know he has a never to be exercised team option in 23-24. Refute anything I said rather than telling me **** I already know.

- he isn't helping anyone
- he's negative value

We can also go review your laughable takes on Randle's value that have all been proven wrong over the last year if we want to throw the word 'dummy' around.

Yeah bro there's a reason I have you on my ignore list.

I don't really give a F what you wanna dig up. Go ahead amuse yourself. You're in this thread all over everyone's nuts anyway. Might as well hop on mine too.

If you think a guy who got all defense votes just 2 seasons ago on a mid level expiring is terrible value to the point we'd have to compensate someone to take him that's your opinion I guess... it's a bad one but to each his own.

I thought I was on your ignore list? Who's on who's nuts? Maybe you can put your expert point guard assessment you used on Elfrid Payton to use on this draft or Brogdon. Calling me a dummy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knickfan1982 wrote:Elfrid Payton is certainly an NBA rotation point guard. Is he starter material? No. But he's definately good enough to be a backup somewhere.

Knickfan1982 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:We aren't rivals buddy. You may want to check the rafters. We play in the same division.

The Knicks don't have a top 50 player on the roster. Yes or no? If you think the Knicks have a top 50 player then you're on another planet from where I see the talent.

The Celtics have 2 top 50 players on their roster. Brown and Tatum. They are far, far closer to being competitive. They've been to 2 conference finals recently. The Knicks haven't in 23 years.

I don't care about what's hanging on the rafters. We're not playing against Larry Bird anymore. I don't care if Boston has 2 top 50 players on its roster. We beat them as many times this year as they've beaten us. We're neck and neck for the last playoff spot. They're rivals.

It might be that you're confusing two different people. I am Knickfan1982. I was born in 1982. I don't know Knicksfan1992. He's much closer to his early 30s than I am that bastard.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,892

Post#868 » by Guano » Fri May 20, 2022 8:48 pm

evevale wrote:not even joking we bring back elf I'm **** done

Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#869 » by cgmw » Fri May 20, 2022 9:08 pm

SARGO127 wrote:This should be the last year of a “tank”.

IQ, Deuce, RJ, Grimes, Obi, Cam, Mitch (+#11). Play these guys big minutes. Clear up cap (Randle, Fournier).

Those guys will progress. If we make the playoffs with those guys, GREAT. If we end up in the lottery, GREAT. Then we have another young piece to add with endless cap in 2023. Add Rokas in 2023 as well.

Why anyone wants to be a 40-42 win team blows my mind.

Because because because Kenny Atkinson got KD and Kyrie to join up after 40 wins and Knick leadership exists in a time warp at least 3 years behind present times.

Setting the goal posts back to [40 wins = Championship b*tches!] is mostly about the lie that it will somehow make MSG cool again to attract superstars, but also the reality that MSG, Inc. is required by law to show profitability to shareholders.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Post#870 » by Richard4444 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:13 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
I never said iso players are bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just take it to the extreme!!!!!!!!!!!

Like if a player doesn’t have handle or as some people call it “a bag” you will disregard everything else good that they do and say you don’t want that player!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There’s more to the game of basketball than just straight up ISO’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you know that so I’ll say this again…..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be better 3tothehead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually you guys who take it to the extreme. Yall have the same mindset as our front office, which is building our team with limited role players. Yall dont want stars. So ya I will keep gunning for ISO players until we actually get one who's good. And no, Cam does not count. :lol:

some people putting the carriage before the horse. 3&d guys like mikal bridges are nice and necessary but really if you tryna win a chip but they don't really matter until you get the horse to drive the carriage. once you get the horse, you build the carriage

It's very hard to find a horse at #11. We will be lucky to find a really good wheel.

Also, we need good assets to trade for a vet horse.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,093

Post#871 » by moocow007 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:53 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:TEAM ISO FOR THE WIN!!!!!

YOU KNOW THE DRILLY!!!!

People don't wanna admit it but you need good ISO players if you wanna reach far in the post season. Just look at the best players of the remaining teams in the playoffs. Tatum, Luka, Butler, Jaylen Brown, Steph Curry. All guys who can ISO. But nah, lets fill the team up with more role players!!! More franks!!!! :lol:

Yeah I think folks forget that Steph Curry is one of the best ISO players in the NBA. It's not the ISO that's the problem, it's the how good is the rest of the team and is the ISO player good enough all by himself without much help to get you to win that has been the Knicks problem.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#872 » by newyorker4ever » Fri May 20, 2022 9:55 pm

Juggynaut wrote:Getting Brogdon would be so dumb. DRose is better than him. Just start DRose + IQ at backup.

DRose is not better than M.Brogdon. Brogdon is a really good two way player when healthy and can shoot from 3 as well as do everything else.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,290

Post#873 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri May 20, 2022 10:08 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Juggynaut wrote:Getting Brogdon would be so dumb. DRose is better than him. Just start DRose + IQ at backup.

DRose is not better than M.Brogdon. Brogdon is a really good two way player when healthy and can shoot from 3 as well as do everything else.

Brogdon is a role player on a good team. A good role player, but a role player.

He's not worth the financial investment for the Knicks imo. Not that you said they should invest.

Rose was arguably more of a difference-maker last year than Brogdon's ever been.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#874 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri May 20, 2022 10:10 pm

Guano wrote:

If she leaves………….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LEAVEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#875 » by F N 11 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:10 pm

First off I want Mo because he’s a stretch big.

Seems like we targeting a wing even with Cam. Next season is going to be weird.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#876 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri May 20, 2022 10:15 pm

Read on Twitter
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#877 » by newyorker4ever » Fri May 20, 2022 11:43 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Brogdon is a role player on a good team. A good role player, but a role player.

He's not worth the financial investment for the Knicks imo. Not that you said they should invest.

Rose was arguably more of a difference-maker last year than Brogdon's ever been.

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,534

Post#878 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri May 20, 2022 11:43 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:It's actually you guys who take it to the extreme. Yall have the same mindset as our front office, which is building our team with limited role players. Yall dont want stars. So ya I will keep gunning for ISO players until we actually get one who's good. And no, Cam does not count. :lol:

some people putting the carriage before the horse. 3&d guys like mikal bridges are nice and necessary but really if you tryna win a chip but they don't really matter until you get the horse to drive the carriage. once you get the horse, you build the carriage

It's very hard to find a horse at #11. We will be lucky to find a really good wheel.

Also, we need good assets to trade for a vet horse.

it is true that it is hard to find a horse at #11, which is why I am a proponent of tanking. I subscribe to the theory of obtaining the highest pick that you can in order to maximize your chances of finding that horse. if not to play the lotto game, then we can just use those top picks as good assets to trade for a vet horse as you mention above. i.e. the AD trade featured #2 pick lonzo ball, #2 pick brandon ingram + other FRP's.

in today's NBA, It really looks like you need at least 2 guys to get a deep playoff push. who are we really discussing here as potential vets that we can obtain via trade? Donovan Mitchell? KAT? by the looks of things they're going to be the second guy right? nothing to sneeze at, because guys like that can be hard to get and would make our team better, but reality is, getting that first guy is even harder, and I think we should swing for the fences until we get one. i am extremely doubtful that we can get that first guy in free agency and/or have the assets to obtain one in a trade with our consistent stream of middling picks.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,444

Post#879 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 20, 2022 11:49 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Guano wrote:

If she leaves………….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LEAVEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys leave, then I leave. Where would we go? Take it down to Mexico! Guadalajara won't do, now. Well I did not think a girl could so cooooool. And I'm never going back to my old school. (Horns and lead guitar solo!)
Free Palestine
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#880 » by newyorker4ever » Fri May 20, 2022 11:53 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Didn’t know where to post this but…….!!!!!!!!!

I wonder who it could be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it’s elfrid Payton………. :-x :-x !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m curious to know what it is too. This guy is pretty plugged in with the league

Called Fournier to us way before anyone else did. He's almost on Woj/Shams level reliable at this point

I called that Fournier would be a horrible signing before anyone else did so i guess i'm pretty plugged in myself. 8-)

Return to New York Knicks