ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 11th pick, the NY Knicks select???

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,339

Re: With the 11th pick, the NY Knicks select??? 

Post#41 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed May 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Guano wrote:Image

That the least enthusiastic "hype up" I've ever seen.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
KNICKS007
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#42 » by KNICKS007 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:17 pm

DaGawd wrote:I don’t see the fit with another solid role player. Time to take a swing

If they pick any position other than a PG or Center, I see this as a complete waist of time because there will be zero PT available.

I would trade that pick along with 1 vet 1 young player for D Russell
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,510

Post#43 » by Iron Mantis » Wed May 18, 2022 3:20 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:The oldest player they can find.

No.

The powerforwardest player they can find.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,013

Post#44 » by R-DAWG » Wed May 18, 2022 3:21 pm

I think the question I'm going to be asking myself is what is the cost to get up to Detroit's pick at #5, or Sacramento at #4.

There seems to be consensus that the 3 big guys are going to go 1-3. Seems like the only real debate is Chet vs Jabari for #1. And Sacramento is not in need of a point guard at #4. So there may be an opportunity to move up for a reasonable cost to grab Jaden Ivey.

I would be willing to give up:
Pick #11
One of: Obi Toppin, Cam Reddish, Quentin Grimes or Immanuel Quickely
Dallas 2023 1st

SAC or DET would get a future draft pick, a rookie scale rotation contributor, while still being in position to add a wing at #11.

Knicks consolidate their assets to take a home run swing on Ivey.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#45 » by knickstape4ever » Wed May 18, 2022 3:29 pm

I like Davis and Mathurin with the 11 pick if one of them is available. also Duren and AJ (surprised to see him fall in some mocks, still think he goes top 8 for sure)

would love to get another pick to get TyTy

haven't seen much Daniels, but if the growth spurt is true, he becomes more intriguing

don't get the Duren hate. he'd be a pretty safe pick. I know we got Mitch, but if some team throws him the bag, maybe it's worth it to go cheaper at the position
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#46 » by knickstape4ever » Wed May 18, 2022 3:31 pm

Read on Twitter
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,089

Post#47 » by TerrenceClarke » Wed May 18, 2022 3:36 pm

R-DAWG wrote:I think the question I'm going to be asking myself is what is the cost to get up to Detroit's pick at #5, or Sacramento at #4.

There seems to be consensus that the 3 big guys are going to go 1-3. Seems like the only real debate is Chet vs Jabari for #1. And Sacramento is not in need of a point guard at #4. So there may be an opportunity to move up for a reasonable cost to grab Jaden Ivey.

I would be willing to give up:
Pick #11
One of: Obi Toppin, Cam Reddish, Quentin Grimes or Immanuel Quickely
Dallas 2023 1st

SAC or DET would get a future draft pick, a rookie scale rotation contributor, while still being in position to add a wing at #11.

Knicks consolidate their assets to take a home run swing on Ivey.

There is no cost, both those teams value those picks. Unlike us they want they high draft picks. They don't want any of our trash. Those teams did not tank basically to trade for our trash. No team will trade with the knicks that high up. Absolute none.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,089

Post#48 » by TerrenceClarke » Wed May 18, 2022 3:39 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Meat wrote:Ill say it till i'm blue in the face, but Ousmane Dieng has to be the pick. Thats the home run swing, sure you might strike out, but that's the gamble

Isn't this like Ntilikina Part 2: Son Of Ntilikina?

In all seriousness, he looks like a good player to take a chance on

Things that seem to jump out:

He has legit 6'9" height with a long wingspan
He's not rail thin. He nearly has an "NBA body" at age 18, frame looks like he'll easily get stronger while not sacrificing quickness
As least in highlights, he has more moves and handle and advanced passing than Frank had at the same age or older

In a league where a lot of the PF's are former SF's and quite a few of the SF's are what used to be guards, he seems to have close to legit "old school" PF size, while having a true SF type of game.

Yeah, I think he's worth a gamble.

He def worth the gamble. He is just not old enough to be drafted by the current regime :lol: . If you cant legally buy a drink we dont want you.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,220

Post#49 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed May 18, 2022 3:43 pm

No to Duren!!!!!!!
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#50 » by Dave DaButcher » Wed May 18, 2022 3:47 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:I like Davis and Mathurin with the 11 pick if one of them is available. also Duren and AJ (surprised to see him fall in some mocks, still think he goes top 8 for sure)

would love to get another pick to get TyTy

haven't seen much Daniels, but if the growth spurt is true, he becomes more intriguing

don't get the Duren hate. he'd be a pretty safe pick. I know we got Mitch, but if some team throws him the bag, maybe it's worth it to go cheaper at the position

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=BdI44rhLNX7JeOMvHgQosw
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#51 » by DrCoach » Wed May 18, 2022 3:53 pm

Tari Eason intrigues me
knickstape4ever
Head Coach

Post#52 » by knickstape4ever » Wed May 18, 2022 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter

height is solid, but he needs to cut that body fat %, he'll become more explosive if so
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#53 » by Richard4444 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:02 pm

Options at #11:

Trading for a star: It's our Front Office wish. But I do not think there are good options right now. Especially young stars. I want to believe our Front Office is smart enough to not be tempted to get older players and advance their own clock to build a contender team. Besides, to get a young star right now, we would have to offer a great haul, it would hurt our long-term chances.

Trade for a role player: I want to believe the Front Office would not trade this pick for an old role player like Brogdon to not advance their own clock. It's possible they look to trade for Myles Turner (assuming he promises to extend for the same money). But I think that in the end, they want to wait for Mitch"s definition, and after they have a clear prediction of the next season's roster is going to look like. Besides, they would rather get Turner using different assets.

Impossible: Chet, Jabari, Banchero, Ivey, Sharpe and Murray. Trading up would cost us an arm and a leg. I am sure the other teams would not accept our vets to trade up. The Dallas pick lost a lot of his value and would not be very tempting. Even Obi, IQ, or an unprotected future pick would not be enough to move up in my opinion. Maybe RJ or a combination of an unprotected pick, IQ, and Obi could be enough to climb. But it would be really risky. I think it is unlikely.

Main targets: Johnny, Baturin, Dyson, and perhaps Griffin. I think these will be the main targets. For the track record, our Front Office is not happy with consolation prizes. If they do not get their men, they will trade down (or even out). If they believe the players left are pretty sure the same, they will look for moving down to get additional assets in the process. Charlotte could be a dream partner having #13 and #15. They love to collect 2023 protected picks too.

Duren: First it's risky getting a Center in the new NBA. Especially one that is not hyped as a Top 4 pick 2-way savant as Embiid, Ayton, Mobley, Towns, and JJJ. Duren is not a great offensive prospect (shot only 63% FT). You can risk getting another Onyeka, Bamba, Jalen Smith, Isaiah Stewart, Jason Hayes, Goga, Okafor, ZCollin, Patton, Giles, Bender, Marquese, Papagianis, Thon Maker, WCS, Kaminsky and Ellenson - some Top 20 recent picks that busted or are struggling to find themselves. Only Bam, Sabonis, Poetl, Nurkic, Sengun, and Turner were successful picks right off the bat in that Top 20 range that did not stand out as top4 picks. The odds are not so good. Then, we already have a backup rookie center in Sims. I doubt the Front Office would start a #11 Top pick rookie next season. If we do, it is like tanking since the beginning.

Tyty: Another short inexperienced PG who did not stand out in College. We already have IQ and Deuce - both were showing progress at the end of the past season. It would not be great asset management to keep 3 players for the same position, all inexperienced and not very tall. Besides, there is a limit of short players you can start together and, therefore, there is a limit of short players we may have on a balanced roster. He might drop.

Sochan: First he can be another PF in NBA and we are full of those. Besides, Sochan, as a bad shooter, can give us spacing problems. Especially using him next to a no-shooter center and an unreliable shooter PF. He might drop just like Clarke did.

If we trade down, we could target Tyty, Sochan, Dieng, Agbaji, Eason, Mark Williams, etc.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#54 » by Juggynaut » Wed May 18, 2022 4:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Am I the only 1 that likes Mark Williams? He kinda reminds me of Rudy Gobert.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#55 » by DrCoach » Wed May 18, 2022 4:18 pm

Would be a great mitch replacement
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#56 » by Jimmit79 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:32 pm

With 11th pick Knicks select? Who cares Knicks will suck as long as Dolan family runs the franchise.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#57 » by N Y K » Wed May 18, 2022 4:44 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:With the 11th pick, the NY Knicks select???

Medi Ocrity

I'm trying to find highlights of this Medi Ocrity on YouTube, but my search keeps returning clips of the Knicks 21-22 season...?
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,502

Post#58 » by j4remi » Wed May 18, 2022 4:47 pm

Meat wrote:Ill say it till i'm blue in the face, but Ousmane Dieng has to be the pick. Thats the home run swing, sure you might strike out, but that's the gamble

Yeah, I think we've got so much depth that a home run swing is due. At 11, with all of the depth and youth we already have, aim for a potential game changer.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,946

Post#59 » by snadler » Wed May 18, 2022 4:54 pm

I think the more appropriate question is what value does the #11 pick have on the trade market
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#60 » by Richard4444 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:06 pm

Juggynaut wrote:
Read on Twitter

Am I the only 1 that likes Mark Williams? He kinda reminds me of Rudy Gobert.

The issue with picking centers is that they are hard to be evaluated in this new NBA (with few exceptions). In the last 8 years, we had a lot of mediocre/busts centers picked in the Top 20, and lot of low picks/second/undrafted good/great centers. Teams are opting to invest top20 picks on wing/PG players. And roll the dice on a center with a low pick/undrafted player.

Top20 hits (I do not count obvious consensus centers like Embiid, Ayton, Mobley, JJJ, Towns) - Bam, Sabonis, Poetl, Nurkic, Sengun, and Turner.
Top 20 mediocre/busts/still struggling: Onyeka, Bamba, Jalen Smith, Isaiah Stewart, Jason Hayes, Goga, Okafor, ZCollin, Patton, Giles, Bender, Marquese, Papagianis, Thon Maker, WCS, Kaminsky, and Ellenson.
No Top 20 hits: Jokic, Capela, Powell, Portis, Nance, Looney, Harrel, Holmes, Zubac, Allen, TByrant, Mitch, Gafford, Claxton, Wood, Bouchet, Theis. Maybe we can add Yurtseven, Heisntestein, Tillman, P. Reed, and Sims in the future.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven

Return to New York Knicks