ImageImageImageImageImage

Malcolm Brogdon

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Re: Malcolm Brogdon 

Post#41 » by duetta » Sun May 22, 2022 12:55 pm

Brogdon would be poor value for the 11th pick - so there would have to be significantly more coming our way.

Brogdon hasn't played more than 64 games in a season since his rookie year. He hasn't topped 56 in three seasons.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#42 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 22, 2022 1:36 pm

So, playing along with the Hawksquawk guy that GreenArrow posted, Hawks seem to have an interest in Fournier.

He contends the Knicks looking to shed some of the salary or get Brogdan. Or someone on here did. Anyway.

Fournier to Hawks, Gallo to Indy, Brogdan to Knicks.

I think that's a treadmill as far as salary, but Knicks would get a PG. Still seems like a bad idea to combine Rose and Brogdan on a roster and expect 82 games out of them.

If there is any truth to the Hawks guy stuff, and there probably isn't, Knicks should just send Fournier for Gallo, if Hawks do it.
Free up time at SG for either IQ or Grimes, have Gallo available to stretch the floor at backup 4 for a year, but only do this if Thibs commits to playing Randle 28 mpg at C, since there's no other way to get Obi minutes at PF, since Gallo would still probably see 10 mpg.

Welp, that pretty much cancels out all the ideas
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#43 » by Marty McFly » Sun May 22, 2022 2:39 pm

Adelheid wrote:
blanko wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:Knicks are nowhere near competing and Randle is not a championship piece.

Priority #1 before anything: trade Randle.

No Brogdon.

After coming to the Knicks his value will be negative. If healthy, he will help the Knicks fight for the play-in while stifling player development.

Stick to the script: Draft and develop a guard and develop the ones you have.

What if trading randle means getting brogdon in return? You have to march salaries somehow

I dont think pacers would do that unless a frp is given by the knicks

why? Brogdon isn't that much better than Randle. he's just not the head case Julius is, and he's often injury prone. he's missed 200 games in his 6 year career. he's a 29 year old guard making 20 + mill a year for the next 3 years.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,988

Post#44 » by Richard4444 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:23 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
blanko wrote:
What if trading randle means getting brogdon in return? You have to march salaries somehow

why? Brogdon isn't that much better than Randle. he's just not the head case Julius is, and he's often injury prone. he's missed 200 games in his 6 year career. he's a 29 year old guard making 20 + mill a year for the next 3 years.

Pacers are in rebuilding mode. They do not need Randle. He can hurt the tanking and the developing of young players.

The #11 pick is overkill if we are not getting Myles too. They might want the Dallas pick. They could accept Cam and one or/and some SRPs for Brogdon plus Kemba and Noel's salary dump.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#45 » by Manhattan Project » Sun May 22, 2022 3:45 pm

Do we need another treadmill type move? No.
Do us fans ever really see eye to eye with the front office and ownership? No.

I do like Brogdon the player, but you know what you're getting with him. Good but limited play throughout the season with chronic injuries. If we can somehow make it a three way with Randle going to a third team, Brogdon coming here and various other pieces moving around perhaps I can buy into it just because I want to see Obi get serious run. In no way shape or form am I giving up first rounders or one of the young pieces in Reddish/Obi/Grimes etc.

At this point in my life I'm ready to see the Knicks with a capable point guard, even if it's in limited fashion.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#46 » by newyorker4ever » Sun May 22, 2022 4:32 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:Knicks are nowhere near competing and Randle is not a championship piece.

No Brogdon.

After coming to the Knicks his value will be negative. If healthy, he will help the Knicks fight for the play-in while stifling player development.

This.

I don't understand knick fans that pine over these fringe all stars in this manner. like, bro can we get a franchise player before we start rounding out the core first? This isn't baseball. there's a salary cap in the NBA. Paying Robins and Nightwings 25 mill a year like we have a Giannis on our team. :lol:

and even then, we might actually be able to develop someone into a Brogdon or Brunson if we actually gave them playing time.

We have Reddish, Quickley, Grimes, McBride and Rokas. They have evident talent. If they can't develop one of those guys into a at least a starter, then they're just bad at their job.

The Knicks won't give in and do things the right way though. The stars/franchise players are not choosing to come play here and the Knicks are too big headed/stupid to understand that the only way to get that franchise player in the draft is to not try to win every meaningless game they play especially when they're CLEARLY a bad team to everyone but themselves and they win those meaningless games when they have 10-15 games left in the year. Our front office doesn't have the creativity to make trades for stars even when the good ones come available. We traded a 1st round pick for C.Reddish who'll never be a starting NBA player on a good team because he doesn't want to be.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#47 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun May 22, 2022 6:29 pm

duetta wrote:Brogdon would be poor value for the 11th pick - so there would have to be significantly more coming our way.

Brogdon hasn't played more than 64 games in a season since his rookie year. He hasn't topped 56 in three seasons.

What if we asked for Jalen Smith?
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun May 22, 2022 6:38 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:

No Brogdon.

This.

I don't understand knick fans that pine over these fringe all stars in this manner. like, bro can we get a franchise player before we start rounding out the core first? This isn't baseball. there's a salary cap in the NBA. Paying Robins and Nightwings 25 mill a year like we have a Giannis on our team. :lol:

and even then, we might actually be able to develop someone into a Brogdon or Brunson if we actually gave them playing time.

We have Reddish, Quickley, Grimes, McBride and Rokas. They have evident talent. If they can't develop one of those guys into a at least a starter, then they're just bad at their job.

The Knicks won't give in and do things the right way though. The stars/franchise players are not choosing to come play here and the Knicks are too big headed/stupid to understand that the only way to get that franchise player in the draft is to not try to win every meaningless game they play especially when they're CLEARLY a bad team to everyone but themselves and they win those meaningless games when they have 10-15 games left in the year. Our front office doesn't have the creativity to make trades for stars even when the good ones come available. We traded a 1st round pick for C.Reddish who'll never be a starting NBA player on a good team because he doesn't want to be.

I feel this way sometimes but just remember Donivan Mitchell at 13. Giannes at 14. Booker late in the lottery. Klay Thompson. All the players drafted after ours during the Frank and Knox drafts. If your point is about not having played the vets until the final moment and all that stuff I can feel you for sure.

But to me it's about getting a season in with your younger players at the forefront. And maybe the only difference between what you said and how I feel is that if them playing hard end up to finish exactly where they are now I might not mind that as much as you.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,450

Post#49 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon May 23, 2022 3:40 pm

I'd only do Brogdan if it includes Randle. I think having a guy like Brogdan expedites the development of some of the young guys. But acquiring him to play with Randle makes no sense imo.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,867

Post#50 » by 8516knicks » Fri May 27, 2022 6:15 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
blanko wrote:

And they called Brunson too expensive. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,115

Post#51 » by Snacks » Fri May 27, 2022 8:55 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
duetta wrote:Brogdon would be poor value for the 11th pick - so there would have to be significantly more coming our way.

What if we asked for Jalen Smith?

He's unrestricted and can only get at most 3yrs/15mil --- we can have him if we want him -- I hope we do but I haven't heard anyone utter his name
Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,806

Post#52 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 28, 2022 2:04 pm

Why bother? You guys have the younger, eventually better, and healthier version of him in Miles McBride. I think once Thibodeau realizes (or whoever the next coach the Knicks gets) what you all have in McBride, the Knicks are going to take off big time.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#53 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Why bother? You guys have the younger, eventually better, and healthier version of him in Miles McBride. I think once Thibodeau realizes (or whoever the next coach the Knicks gets) what you all have in McBride, the Knicks are going to take off big time.

McBride the next Brunson.

Rick Brunson
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#54 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 28, 2022 5:48 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Why bother? You guys have the younger, eventually better, and healthier version of him in Miles McBride. I think once Thibodeau realizes (or whoever the next coach the Knicks gets) what you all have in McBride, the Knicks are going to take off big time.

Rick Brunson

Are Knicks fans not a fan? Feel like he was pretty dominant in his short stint in the G League. Thought he was criminally underrated as a prospect. Perhaps I didn't see enough of him during actual NBA gameplay.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Nazrmohamed » Sat May 28, 2022 6:48 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:I'd only do Brogdan if it includes Randle. I think having a guy like Brogdan expedites the development of some of the young guys. But acquiring him to play with Randle makes no sense imo.

See I feel the opposite. Why get a 30yr old PG and keep IQ on the backburner if NOT to try to win now? (And I don't think it would be the best attempt but just sayin). And don't think that what I'm trying to say is that I want to keep either.

I WANT NEITHER Randle or Brogdan. I want to trade Randle for expirings, young players and picks. Whats the point to me in simply trading Randle for ANOTHER veteran that I really dont want playing in front of my young players. Rather go after Westbrook and a draft pick. Maybe can even get Noel and Kemba into the deal.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#56 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 28, 2022 6:51 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Rick Brunson

Are Knicks fans not a fan? Feel like he was pretty dominant in his short stint in the G League. Thought he was criminally underrated as a prospect. Perhaps I didn't see enough of him during actual NBA gameplay.

I don't believe the Knicks, as an org, are that adept at finding talent.

He's probably a career 3rd PG.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#57 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 28, 2022 7:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Rick Brunson

I don't believe the Knicks, as an org, are that adept at finding talent.

He's probably a career 3rd PG.

Understood. Well, as an outsider who hasn’t been jaded by the Knicks character arc, I think you all have a good one on your hands. I suppose time will tell.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#58 » by whocares1 » Sat May 28, 2022 7:52 pm

Relax lol.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#59 » by newyorker4ever » Sat May 28, 2022 7:53 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Rick Brunson

Are posters that name themselves after Nastradamus not able to see that there's a huge difference between playing well in the G-League and playing just as well in the NBA??

We all love the kid but until we see him play well in the NBA then we don't know exactly what he'll be at that level.

Return to New York Knicks