ImageImageImageImageImage

Which pick is the biggest steal if they dropped to us @11?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who would you definitely pick if they dropped to us @11

AJ Griffin
11%
Dyson Daniels
11%
Bennedict Mathurin
26%
Shaedon Sharpe
45%
Johnny Davis
8%

Total votes: 38

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Re: Who would you definitely pick if they dropped to us @11 

Post#21 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 9, 2022 4:08 pm

RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
I listed players projected to go before 11. Davis is generally expected to be there for us.

No he’s not. A lot of mocks have him in the top 10. Your poll is not good. It has two AJ griffins :lol:

Wow you are still butt hurt ... :D My poll may suck but Wiseman is still Ass :lol: :P

Looks like you felt the pressure and added Davis to the poll 8-)
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,229

Re: Which pick is the biggest steal if they dropped to us @11? 

Post#22 » by The Lamma » Thu Jun 9, 2022 5:40 pm

Angryfatboy wrote:Sharpe

This guy is easily the biggest mystery of the draft. We have high school tapes and what, one current workout video? Imo it's suspect that he's so behind the shadows with the whole draft process. And frustrating. Does anyone here have anything more tangible and recent to go on with this guy?

Sharpe and Griffin look like the two biggest boom/bust guys projected in the top 7
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#23 » by Fat » Thu Jun 9, 2022 6:21 pm

The Lamma wrote:
Angryfatboy wrote:Sharpe

This guy is easily the biggest mystery of the draft. We have high school tapes and what, one current workout video? Imo it's suspect that he's so behind the shadows with the whole draft process. And frustrating. Does anyone here have anything more tangible and recent to go on with this guy?

Sharpe and Griffin look like the two biggest boom/bust guys projected in the top 7

Definitely the mystery man but if he’s there at 11 I’d say go for it.

Sharpe with the 11th pick and role player type of guy with the second rounder pick
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Post#24 » by RHODEY » Thu Jun 9, 2022 6:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:No he’s not. A lot of mocks have him in the top 10. Your poll is not good. It has two AJ griffins :lol:

Wow you are still butt hurt ... :D My poll may suck but Wiseman is still Ass :lol: :P

You seem have low self esteem and a very fragile ego. Congratulations you won the internet! I hope you feel vindicated now :thumbsup:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#25 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 9, 2022 6:42 pm

RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Wow you are still butt hurt ... :D My poll may suck but Wiseman is still Ass :lol: :P

You have low self esteem and very fragile ego. I hope you feel vindicated now :clap:

You're very arrogant and stubborn. I hope you learn to be humble next time my friend. Cheers! :beer:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#26 » by RHODEY » Thu Jun 9, 2022 6:47 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Looks like you felt the pressure and added Davis to the poll 8-)

You have low self esteem and very fragile ego. I hope you feel vindicated now :clap:

You're very arrogant and stubborn. I hope you learn to be humble next time my friend. Cheers! :beer:

Ah that's what its is...huh? I made you feel small sometime long ago and you've had a cross to bear against me since then. Waiting for just the right moment to return the favor....

If I ever hurt your feelings sorry- it was never my intention. I respect you and your posts. You are opinionated (like me)...and stubborn (like me :) ) If we ever got into it ( I honestly don't recall) it was never personal.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,127

Post#27 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 9, 2022 6:52 pm

Sharpe has the tools to develop into a force in the NBA but it's also possible that he'll end up being the SG version of Marvin Bagley III (he does have a bit of that Bagley-ish vibe). But at 11th overall, if he's still on the board, you take that risk 10 times out of 10 unless you're so absolutely sure that you have someone else that will be the next Kawhi or PG13 (2 guys that were picked right in the Knicks current range that no one felt had dropped and should have gone much higher).
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#28 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jun 9, 2022 6:54 pm

RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:You have low self esteem and very fragile ego. I hope you feel vindicated now :clap:

Ah that's what its is...huh? I made you feel small sometime long ago and you've had a cross to bear against me since then. Waiting for just the right moment to return the favor....

If I ever hurt your feelings sorry- it was never my intention. I respect you and your posts. You are opinionated (like me)...and stubborn (like me :) ) If we ever got into it ( I honestly don't recall) it was never personal.

All I said was the poll was ass. You took it personal :lol:

I dont have any problems with you and never did in the first place. So it’s all good
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#29 » by RHODEY » Thu Jun 9, 2022 7:23 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:You're very arrogant and stubborn. I hope you learn to be humble next time my friend. Cheers! :beer:

All I said was the poll was ass. You took it personal :lol:

I dont have any problems with you and never did in the first place. So it’s all good

:kiss no homo....
Spoiler:
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,229

Post#30 » by The Lamma » Thu Jun 9, 2022 7:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:Sharpe has the tools to develop into a force in the NBA but it's also possible that he'll end up being the SG version of Marvin Bagley III (he does have a bit of that Bagley-ish vibe). But at 11th overall, if he's still on the board, you take that risk 10 times out of 10 unless you're so absolutely sure that you have someone else that will be the next Kawhi or PG13 (2 guys that were picked right in the Knicks current range that no one felt had dropped and should have gone much higher).

Right on. There's an ocean of difference in risk between rolling the dice on him at 5 where he's frequently mocked versus taking him at 11. As a result, I'd bet he falls somewhere halfway-ish in between
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#31 » by RHODEY » Thu Jun 9, 2022 7:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:Sharpe has the tools to develop into a force in the NBA but it's also possible that he'll end up being the SG version of Marvin Bagley III (he does have a bit of that Bagley-ish vibe). But at 11th overall, if he's still on the board, you take that risk 10 times out of 10 unless you're so absolutely sure that you have someone else that will be the next Kawhi or PG13 (2 guys that were picked right in the Knicks current range that no one felt had dropped and should have gone much higher).

They were comparing him to Kawhi because of the big hands I think.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,127

Post#32 » by moocow007 » Thu Jun 9, 2022 9:53 pm

RHODEY wrote:

They were comparing him to Kawhi because of the big hands I think.

Sharpe yeah but that's not why I mentioned Kawhi. I mentioned Kawhi as in IF they felt there was someone else (an alternative) to drafting Sharpe that could be the next Kawhi. Didn't mean Sharpe was the next Kawhi but rather if they felt that someone like Sochan or Brown (2 guys that some have actually compared to PG13 and Kawhi at their respective points in their careers) was the real deal (the next Kawhi or PG13) then even if Sharpe is there you take Sochan or Brown. But they'd better really be sure. Bottom line, if Sharpe is there at 11 (and assuming he doesn't have a significant career altering injury or some criminal record in the making) you take him doesn't matter if he hasn't played a game all season.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#33 » by Marty McFly » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:25 am

Malaki Branham will be the steal of the draft.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,065

Post#34 » by Jeffrey » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:47 am

Shadeon Sharpe sounds like he would drop.

Return to New York Knicks