ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Draft Post Mortem

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Grade the trade

A+
7%
A
1%
B+
1%
B
8%
C+
5%
C
7%
D+
3%
D
5%
FU
63%

Total votes: 216

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,436

Re: Knicks Draft Post Mortem 

Post#981 » by KnicksGod » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:00 pm

Brunson to Obi sounds good to me.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#982 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:03 pm

F N 11 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Letsss goo Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Brunson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. Ok.

This sounds like what it sounds like. Knicks lose out on Brunson and end up looking dumb for trading a first with Kemba for cap space. We never had a plan A or plan C since Brunson is plan B.

Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,532

Post#983 » by Kidknick! » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:06 pm

At this point, it gonna be hilarious when Dallas re signs Brunson. And all that's left so is cap space and "Ghost picks" that probably won't convey.
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,726

Post#984 » by ezmoney707 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:08 pm

F N 11 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Letsss goo Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Brunson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. Ok.

This sounds like what it sounds like. Knicks lose out on Brunson and end up looking dumb for trading a first with Kemba for cap space. We never had a plan A or plan C since Brunson is plan B.

lol you got all that from that tweet huh :lol:
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,230

Post#985 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:17 pm

More and more I’m hooked….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We may have the best player in this Draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor Keels Folksssssss TREVOR KEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#986 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:18 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:More and more I’m hooked….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and this post right here is when green satan cursed trevor keels. another young talent ruined by green satan.

bookmark this post folks for future references!!!!!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,210

Post#987 » by Kampuchea » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:20 pm

Lot's of bickering and arguing about nonsense going on in here. I sense the mpHammer from mpHarris is removed from the holster deciding if it's time to drop.

Since it's offseason though....

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,075

Post#988 » by TerrenceClarke » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:41 pm

Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,550

Post#989 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:57 pm

Poor kid never stood a chance vs the devil!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,306

Post#990 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:58 pm

Gravy wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Gravy wrote:Did they move the pick so they could sign Brunson? It was confusing but I thought it was mostly to free up cap space and they did not like the players in that range.

They had to free up cap space for a player they wanted a year ago... because they capped themselves out and ended up in the lottery...only to trade the pick for a player they could have had if they didn't cap themselves out to begin with. IOW...they suck.

Those signings do look worse now. We still have 22 picks though...How mad is everyone going to be when we dont draft all 22 players :D
This draft is going to be interesting to see who becomes the superstar we didnt pick at 11. They liked Ivey, if they did not like anyone else I wouldnt want to force them to pick someone at random on the 1% chance they are they next Kawhi. Most likely we would be watching AJ Griffin get 10 minutes a game for the next 4 years behind RJ, Grimes and Reddish.

It's pretty clear they DGAF about the draft. Those picks will be traded most likely for some second and third tier players. In the meantime...every other team in the league will be better than the Knicks. The process!!!
:beer: RIP mags
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#991 » by Jimmit79 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:05 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I'm starting to convince myself Mo Bamba is a missing piece.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

No "More like he's a missing link" jokes please
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#992 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:40 pm

DaGawd wrote:
F N 11 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Yeah. Ok.

NGL i wouldn’t be upset at all losing out on Brunson. Very good player but from the very beginning I wanted to either A) Start IQ at point and see what he can do 1A) Get a star/all star caliber point guard.. I can’t absolutely positively say Brunson belongs in the 1A group.

Ah, but we watched the 11 pick and Duren leave our hands. If Brunson doesn't come, then we gave up those assets (helping OKC and Detroit) simply to get off Kemba's expiring deal and some low future picks.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,495

Post#993 » by Iron Mantis » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:41 pm

Adelheid wrote:
stuporman wrote:So next season the Knicks have their own first round pick, the Dallas first round pick and potentially but not likely up to 3 more first rounders? What if just one of them convey so the Knicks have 3 firsts in double draft....this can't be right, someone correct me this isn't it.

This was the most confusing draft day deal I ever paid attention to...ouch my brain

2023 first round pick via Detroit (protected 1-18 until 2024, protected 1-13 in 2025, protected 1-11 in 2026, protected 1-9 in 2027)
2023 first round pick via Washington (protected 1-14 in 2023, protected 1-12 in 2024, protected 1-10 in 2025, protected 1-8 in 2026)
knicks' own pick

2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee (protected 1-4)

$18 million in cap space

so, the knicks have up to 3 picks in 2023 including their own. But the probability of the WAS and DET picks conveying is pretty slim given their current conditions

In other words:

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,895

Post#994 » by DaGawd » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:46 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

NGL i wouldn’t be upset at all losing out on Brunson. Very good player but from the very beginning I wanted to either A) Start IQ at point and see what he can do 1A) Get a star/all star caliber point guard.. I can’t absolutely positively say Brunson belongs in the 1A group.

Ah, but we watched the 11 pick and Duren leave our hands. If Brunson doesn't come, then we gave up those assets (helping OKC and Detroit) simply to get off Kemba's expiring deal and some low future picks.

Sucks the way they used assets to clear space for him.. just goes to show how out of touch this FO is on the direction/ceiling of this team. The Knicks are not a Jalen Brunson acquisition away from being contenders.. It was really wasteful
BaF
Washington Wizards
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#995 » by BBALLER4FR » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:52 pm

DaGawd wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
DaGawd wrote:NGL i wouldn’t be upset at all losing out on Brunson. Very good player but from the very beginning I wanted to either A) Start IQ at point and see what he can do 1A) Get a star/all star caliber point guard.. I can’t absolutely positively say Brunson belongs in the 1A group.

Sucks the way they used assets to clear space for him.. just goes to show how out of touch this FO is on the direction/ceiling of this team. The Knicks are not a Jalen Brunson acquisition away from being contenders.. It was really wasteful

Plus we gotta roll into next season featuring Randle, a guy who gets to choose whether he wants to contribute to or torpedo the season... and whether you want to believe it or not, it really is up to him. 'Preciate ya Thibs.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,608

Post#996 » by Gravy » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:06 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Gravy wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
They had to free up cap space for a player they wanted a year ago... because they capped themselves out and ended up in the lottery...only to trade the pick for a player they could have had if they didn't cap themselves out to begin with. IOW...they suck.

Those signings do look worse now. We still have 22 picks though...How mad is everyone going to be when we dont draft all 22 players :D
This draft is going to be interesting to see who becomes the superstar we didnt pick at 11. They liked Ivey, if they did not like anyone else I wouldnt want to force them to pick someone at random on the 1% chance they are they next Kawhi. Most likely we would be watching AJ Griffin get 10 minutes a game for the next 4 years behind RJ, Grimes and Reddish.

It's pretty clear they DGAF about the draft. Those picks will be traded most likely for some second and third tier players. In the meantime...every other team in the league will be better than the Knicks. The process!!!

If every other team is better we get the worst record for a top pick! This is what we wanted!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#997 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:20 am

Read on Twitter

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!

Letsss just wait and see what Leon has in store Folksssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN LEON WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheGreenArrow
RealGM

Post#998 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:23 am

Read on Twitter
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#999 » by F N 11 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:31 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!

Letsss just wait and see what Leon has in store Folksssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN LEON WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You joking right ?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#1000 » by whocares1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:31 am

thebuzzardman wrote:I'm starting to convince myself Mo Bamba is a missing piece.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

No "More like he's a missing link" jokes please

I honestly prefer the idea of him over Mitch if he can at least shoot 35% from three. I’m not sure how good of a shot blocker he is, or if he’s a good offensive rebounder like Mitch is, but he would give us much needed spacing out there.

Return to New York Knicks