ImageImageImageImageImage

Maybe Trevor Keels can be better than Johnny Davis

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Re: Maybe Trevor Keels can be better than Johnny Davis 

Post#81 » by DrCoach » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:18 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:Im going to just leave this here. Nobody should expect anything from this pick. If you ask me no thought was even put into this pick. There is no upside.

No upside for a 18 yr McDonalds All American Duke starter?

You say this like it means something. This aint HS or College. athletically he doesn’t cut it in the NBA. He has no place on this team. Who he playing over? There is a reason why he was all the way in the second round. None of those accolades meant schit to the teams drafting obviously.

He literally brings nothing to the table for us over the guards we already have and won’t be in the NBA long.

You are dense if you think being a McDonald All American and starting for Duke at 18 in Coach Ks last year mean nothing.

Johnny Davis would not have gotten drafted last yr avg 7pts per game
KnicksNext
Veteran
And1: 1,509

Post#82 » by KnicksNext » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:20 pm

mpharris36 wrote:Image

:lol:
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#83 » by DrCoach » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:21 pm

NowWHYcee7 wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

You say this like it means something. This aint HS or College. athletically he doesn’t cut it in the NBA. He has no place on this team. Who he playing over? There is a reason why he was all the way in the second round. None of those accolades meant schit to the teams drafting obviously.

He literally brings nothing to the table for us over the guards we already have and won’t be in the NBA long.

LOL. You speak soooooooo confidently. You don't know anything to speak so definitively my guy. Tone it down.

Exactly, hes unfortunately missed the point.

Unless he can show me posts last yr begging to draft Johnny Davis and his 7pts per game…lol

Keels is the same size, younger, and better than Davis was as a frosh. Keels played 0n a team with 5 NBA guys at 18 and scored 11pts per game on arguably Dukes most scrutinized team
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#84 » by DrCoach » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:22 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

So does that mean your guy J.Hardy won't be shyt either since he was also drafted all the way in the 2nd round?

I don't think anyone is saying it'll be an easy road for the kid to make it especially needing to get Thibs to bring you up and play you, we aren't the Miami Heat who always get the best out of their G-League kids, but just saying the kid has talent and now if he can get that talent to transfer over to the NBA game that there's a chance for him.

Why is his so hard for people to acknowledge?

If Keel did a 2nd year chances are hed be the man on that Duke Squad
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#85 » by KnicksNext » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:23 pm

Maybe Randle wins MIP again and maybe RJ wins MVP. Maybe Mitch lights it up from 3 this year. Maybe Burks gets voted into the All-Star Game for his stellar PG play. Maybe Sims becomes the next Dwight Howard.

We can do this all day.
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#86 » by KnicksNext » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:29 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Im going to just leave this here. Nobody should expect anything from this pick. If you ask me no thought was even put into this pick. There is no upside.

Keels didn’t fare well on the combine’s athletic testing. His standing vertical leap (24.5 inches) and shuttle run (3.32 seconds) each ranked third-worst among all prospects.

I literally saw Keels was drafted and then went back to the tab I had open for RealGM. Took about 30 seconds of analysis in my head.

Has H2O done his analysis yet on how Keels should have been a top 10 draft pick, and is on his way to superstardom? I'm waiting H20! Let's here it my friend. :D
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,088

Post#87 » by TerrenceClarke » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:40 pm

DrCoach wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

You are dense if you think being a McDonald All American and starting for Duke at 18 in Coach Ks last year mean nothing.

not more demse than you. DO you realize how many Mc Donald All americans NEVER make it in the NBA? :lol: :crazy:

Like I said those accolades meant nothing cause they weren't good enough to get him drafted as a 1st round pick was the point. You think the Knicks picked him because he was a Mc Donalds All American? . That **** dont mean anything. The majority of studs in the NBA weren't even McDonald All Americans.

And what the fuuuck was a Duke Starter mean? How many Duke Starter NEVER make it in the NBA? THE MAJORITY OF THEM!

You out here being a super hero for a prospect who Ron Baker has a higher standing vertical than him :lol:
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#88 » by KnicksNext » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:43 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

So does that mean your guy J.Hardy won't be shyt either since he was also drafted all the way in the 2nd round?

I don't think anyone is saying it'll be an easy road for the kid to make it especially needing to get Thibs to bring you up and play you, we aren't the Miami Heat who always get the best out of their G-League kids, but just saying the kid has talent and now if he can get that talent to transfer over to the NBA game that there's a chance for him.

Hardy has NBA athleticism and Game and is a much better prospect than him. Your questioning is irrelevant cause I didn’t say because he was picked in the second round he would be bad. I said those accolades meant nothing to the teams drafting. The same for Hardy, but like I said Hardy is in a whole differnet class than this fullback disguised as a NBA guard.

Dude can hardly jump and and athletically will suck on the defensive End.You can sit here and hope all you want. This kid isn’t going to being anything worthy of note in the NBA. We can not be thinking this cat will see the light of day on this squad.

People be so gassed of mediocre that there is even a thread talking about Keels and Johnny Davis lmao. That’s how ridiculous fans misread some of our second round picks that people see. This dude is about athletic as Ron Baker was. How the fuccck you the third worst athletically tested cat in the combine. You realize how many prospects are at the combine lol.

If this cat played for Seton Hall nobody would give a ****. People be gassed off of Duke prospects.

Quoted for truth.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,086

Post#89 » by stuporman » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:45 pm

There's probably going to be at least 3 players drafted after Keels and at least 1 undrafted that will be better than him.

My guess is a possible 3 drafted after are Ryan Rollins, Kendall Brown and Vince Williams with the undrafted player I suspect is.... Jean Montero. :lol:

Keels is going to have to work real hard on his body and agility if he hopes to stick in the league, he has some skills and versatility but he will have to work on those other things to succeed at the next level.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
KnicksNext
Veteran

Post#90 » by KnicksNext » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:45 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Y’all setting yourselves up for disappointment comparing Keels to Johnny Davis..

Pretty sure only one person compared Keels to Davis.

Not even actual GM's, their scouts and the FO people can get drafts right so it's hard to listen to people on a message board talk in facts when they have zero facts is all, and you've been wrong about so many players that it's hard to go by what you say. No disrespect but just last draft you thought Scottie Barnes was a bum as well as F.Wagner and of course there's always the A.Trier, DSJ and J.Randle love to go with so much more from other drafts.

All i said about Keels is there's a chance he could turn out good which goes for every player that comes out of the draft, and has been proven in probably every single draft of players going in the 2nd round ending up making teams and staying on teams for long careers and even become starters.

You shouldn't talk in facts when you don't have facts.

Not to jump in here and not trying to argue, but why even say it then? You're right, every single draft pick has a chance to be good. No reason to even state that.
Orange Mamba
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#91 » by Orange Mamba » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:45 pm

Maybe the Knicks can win a championship next year
DrCoach
General Manager

Post#92 » by DrCoach » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:57 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

not more demse than you. DO you realize how many Mc Donald All americans NEVER make it in the NBA? :lol: :crazy:

Like I said those accolades meant nothing cause they weren't good enough to get him drafted as a 1st round pick was the point. You think the Knicks picked him because he was a Mc Donalds All American? . That **** dont mean anything. The majority of studs in the NBA weren't even McDonald All Americans.

And what the fuuuck was a Duke Starter mean? How many Duke Starter NEVER make it in the NBA? THE MAJORITY OF THEM!

You out here being a super hero for a prospect who Ron Baker has a higher standing vertical than him :lol:

You are dense because you are judging 2nd yr Davis who is 1.5yrs old vs Keels who is 18 , a freshman and started on a stacked Duke Final 4 squad.
Davis didnt start last yr
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,088

Post#93 » by TerrenceClarke » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:03 pm

DrCoach wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

You are dense because you are judging 2nd yr Davis who is 1.5yrs old vs Keels who is 18 , a freshman and started on a stacked Duke Final 4 squad.

You dont comprehend. IDGAF about Davis. I just found it laughable that a thread was made about the two. Im knocking Keels for who is....not him vs davis. lol

Only thing I am judging is an unathelic slow guard who cant shoot. :lol:
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#94 » by Knox » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:27 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
DrCoach wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

You dont comprehend. IDGAF about Davis. I just found it laughable that a thread was made about the two. Im knocking Keels for who is....not him vs davis. lol

Only thing I am judging is an unathelic slow guard who cant shoot. :lol:

We drafted a Goon for hard fouls
That has value. Hopium is strong with this talent
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#95 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:57 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sorry bruh you just been caught in 8k. Receipts don’t lie. :lol:
Next time you try to portray yourself as an expert or try to call out someone on their misses, just remember you missed on a bunch of players. Probably more than anyone here :lol:
#stayhumble

Enjoy your Sunday! Haha

So you now say you have receipts but none to show besides me talking about a couple players that i thought could fit with certain trades but nothing of me ever saying how i'm "Very High" on any of the players you mentioned and now you say i portray myself as an expert when the whole reason we're having this debate is because you got mad that i'm talking about how GM's, their scouts and anyone in the FO can't say how any player in a draft will be at the next level so definitely no fan on a message board (that would obviously include me) can do it. Hahahaha, you make zero sense.

Maybe you can make up some fake receipts like how you're faking everything else you've said i said. :lol: :lol:

Next

Lmfao you really just like Trump. Even with the receipts you still fronting like you never said any of that. You going out sad :lol:

The only one butthurt is you. You got so triggered over a 1 sentence post I made
Y’all setting yourselves up for disappointment comparing Keels to Johnny Davis..

You were so butthurt you replied to my post with 3 paragraphs and started ranting about who I missed on (and actually lied about some of it with zero receipts to back up your trier statement) like any of that is relevent. You really in your feelings bro. :lol: Just take the L and move on Mr. Coby white is a DOG"! Lmao. You digging yourself in a hole deeper and deeper. Oh well I spent enough time exposing you. Remember next time to #stayhumble

You delusional.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#96 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:02 pm

KnicksNext wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Y’all setting yourselves up for disappointment comparing Keels to Johnny Davis..

Pretty sure only one person compared Keels to Davis.

Not even actual GM's, their scouts and the FO people can get drafts right so it's hard to listen to people on a message board talk in facts when they have zero facts is all, and you've been wrong about so many players that it's hard to go by what you say. No disrespect but just last draft you thought Scottie Barnes was a bum as well as F.Wagner and of course there's always the A.Trier, DSJ and J.Randle love to go with so much more from other drafts.

All i said about Keels is there's a chance he could turn out good which goes for every player that comes out of the draft, and has been proven in probably every single draft of players going in the 2nd round ending up making teams and staying on teams for long careers and even become starters.

You shouldn't talk in facts when you don't have facts.

Not to jump in here and not trying to argue, but why even say it then? You're right, every single draft pick has a chance to be good. No reason to even state that.

Obviously there was when some seem to think they have facts about a player that's never played a game in the NBA.
knicks1999
Junior
And1: 124

Post#97 » by knicks1999 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:13 pm

The one thing this FO seems to have done right is draft late..so I do have a little hope in that!
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 980

Post#98 » by NowWHYcee7 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:10 am

TerrenceClarke wrote:
NowWHYcee7 wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:

LOL. You speak soooooooo confidently. You don't know anything to speak so definitively my guy. Tone it down.

I’m not toning schit down. You can think this cat will have a place on this team I don’t.

And you a nobody. It's fine to have an opinion but saying things like "athletically he doesn't cut it in the NBA" is borderline (Please Use More Appropriate Word).

Draft position doesn't mean as much past the top 5...and even then many, many bums have been high draft picks...and then you got guys like Khris Middleton who was drafted 39th....the draft is a crap shoot. But yeah on the internet everyone is an expert.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#99 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:44 am

DrCoach wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

He says all the way in the second round. The Knicks have drafted better in later rounds than they have drafted in the lottery. Our starting C was picked in the second round. Quickley was rated a second round pick on draft night and the Knicks reached to grab him. Same with Grimes. Actually Grimes was mocked more like pick 29 or 30 but we still reached to get him. I couldn't stand him but Trier did bust ass and get buckets and he was a second rounder, Simms second round. And for the record I don't necessarily love reaching but point is saying somebody fell into the second round isn't a good argument for why he won't work out in NY for about the last 5 yrs.

Now give us pick 11, pick 7 or even pick 3.....

What I like about Keels is that when Coach K recruited him he was scouted as an elite shooter. He didn't shoot as well as people expected and most of those plays you see where he's bully balling his way to the basket.....all that stuff that people are saying he can't do in the nba, those are just the things he's supposed to do when his shot isn't falling. People forget, its one season you dont get allot of time to recover. If he can get that shot back to elite levels then you're looking at a Bullock like player who can do some other things on the court as well. And of course that's easier said than done but my belief is guys who shoot figure out how to get themselves straight.

It's true, we're talking about a second round player but who expects a star? Of course not, he was a success if one can say he's an nba plug and play rotation player.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,710

Post#100 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:46 am

Five pages on this guy?

He has to beat out MJ Walker first.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks