ImageImageImageImageImage

Let's get Kyrie and KD on the knicks now...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Let's get Kyrie and KD on the knicks now... 

Post#1 » by nyk2017 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:28 pm

Knicks should trade Noel, Burks for nothing or attach second round picks. Then sign Kyrie into cap space. Then trade Randle, Fournier, choice of one of Reddish, Quickley or Grimes, all three FRPs from yesterday, Knicks FRP from 2023, Dallas FRP from 2023 plus 2 FRP swaps for KD.

Knicks would have Kyrie, KD, RJ, Mitchell Robinson, Toppin as starters. Rose, Quickley or Grimes, Reddish and Simms as backup. Overnight championship contender.

The knicks would not have really haven’t mortgaged that much of the future.

Nets could rebuild around Simmons. They wold still have a borderline playoff team. they could even extract value out of Randle and Fournier and then trade them for more draft assets.

Of course that would require a very creative and gutsy front office which the Knicks don’t have.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,954

Re: In lieu of current events in the NBA, new plan for the Knicks... 

Post#2 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:33 pm

Yea, no Kyrie. That would be the type of dumbass move they would do.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#3 » by SARGO127 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:48 pm

What the **** is this
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,223

Post#4 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:49 pm

:eek1:
:beer: RIP mags
nyk2017
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by nyk2017 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:55 pm

SARGO127 wrote:What the **** is this

This is a better option then give $25 million per year for 4 years to Brunson and trading 3 FRP's for Murray and ending up without any superstars in a superstar league and getting stuck in 15-20 NBA draft purgatory in perpetuity without any chance of winning NBA title or winning the draft. i.e Pacers, Wizards, Blazers type of situation
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#6 » by DOT » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 am

nyk2017 wrote:

This is a better option then give $25 million per year for 4 years to Brunson and trading 3 FRP's for Murray and ending up without any superstars in a superstar league and getting stuck in 15-20 NBA draft purgatory in perpetuity without any chance of winning NBA title or winning the draft. i.e Pacers, Wizards, Blazers type of situation

So where do we get a superstar in your plan?

All I see is us getting Kyrie Irving, who's a star in the 50 or so games a year he plays but is clearly not a superstar.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
nyk2017
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by nyk2017 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:58 am

DOT wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:

All I see is us getting Kyrie Irving, who's a star in the 50 or so games a year he plays but is clearly not a superstar.

Please re-read the post. it is clearly stated in there
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#8 » by DOT » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:23 am

nyk2017 wrote:
DOT wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:

So we become budget Nets with RJ instead of Harden

Yeah, that'll totally work out. It's like y'all aren't actually looking at anything going on, just see "KD and Kyrie make ball go in hoop" and pretend like they'll suddenly figure out how to be drama free with us.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
nyk2017
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by nyk2017 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:07 am

DOT wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:
DOT wrote:So where do we get a superstar in your plan?

So we become budget Nets with RJ instead of Harden

Yeah, that'll totally work out. It's like y'all aren't actually looking at anything going on, just see "KD and Kyrie make ball go in hoop" and pretend like they'll suddenly figure out how to be drama free with us.

I'd rather take a chance with Kyrie and KD over whatever nonsense the current FO has planned with Brunson. That plan has almost no chance of resulting in a championship. KD and Kyrie along with rest of Knicks have a better chance but I agree it could all backfire.
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#10 » by -YogiBiz- » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:59 am

nyk2017 wrote:

Kyrie is crazy, but not crazy enough to consign himself to this nonsensical organization.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#11 » by Polk377 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:41 pm

nyk2017 wrote:Knicks should trade Noel, Burks for nothing or attach second round picks. Then sign Kyrie into cap space. Then trade Randle, Fournier, choice of one of Reddish, Quickley or Grimes, all three FRPs from yesterday, Knicks FRP from 2023, Dallas FRP from 2023 plus 2 FRP swaps for KD.

Knicks would have Kyrie, KD, RJ, Mitchell Robinson, Toppin as starters. Rose, Quickley or Grimes, Reddish and Simms as backup. Overnight championship contender.

Nets could rebuild around Simmons. They wold still have a borderline playoff team. they could even extract value out of Randle and Fournier and then trade them for more draft assets.

Of course that would require a very creative and gutsy front office which the Knicks don’t have.

Yea because the KD-Kyrie team up went so well in BK :crazy:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:44 pm

nyk2017 wrote:Knicks should trade Noel, Burks for nothing or attach second round picks. Then sign Kyrie into cap space. Then trade Randle, Fournier, choice of one of Reddish, Quickley or Grimes, all three FRPs from yesterday, Knicks FRP from 2023, Dallas FRP from 2023 plus 2 FRP swaps for KD.

That honestly may be better than the Nets team they trotted on the floor for most of last season.
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#13 » by -YogiBiz- » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:57 pm

moocow007 wrote:

That honestly may be better than the Nets team they trotted on the floor for most of last season.

You're trolling. I know it. But it makes too much sense to be trolling. Why are we getting Kyrie....
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,148

Post#14 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:05 am

Regardless of how talented Kyrie is, Dolan would never sign off on someone who generates that many headlines that have any level of what Dolan sees as controversy.

Now, do the Knicks and MSG do dumb stuff that generates...headlines? Yes they do.
But Dolan is megalomaniacal egotistical pr*ck who thinks those headlines are the press victimizing him when he does regular stuff.
Doesn't stop him from looking at a player or GM and saying "Nope, don't want that"
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#15 » by Adelheid » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:12 am

leon -- if he does go with the decision to get ky and kd...its like him saying to dolan "fire me please"

its a fireable offense, people
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#16 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:27 am

I think you'll be disappointed but I think allot of Knicks fans will be disappointed with what they'll actually do.

I think the Knicks do sign Brunson
I think the Knicks do keep Randle
And I think the Knicks trade all those picks and maybe RJ and Reddish for some player who is legitimately a star but not KD and Kyrie. Obviouslly guys like Burkes and Noel expirings would be added for filler. Someone like Bradley Beal or maybe it's Donovan Mitchell. But in doing so they'll probably spare guys like Quickley,Grimes, Toppin and Simms

Brunson/Rose
Mitchell/IQ
Fournier/Grimes
Randle/Toppin
Robinson/Simms

I think that roster competes.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#17 » by WargamesX » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:48 am

They are just bringing Brunson in. They probably see him as the horford to this Knicks squad. I think they are going to run Fournier and Randle back but we got to hope that is to build up their value for a trade.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#18 » by KnixinSix » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:55 pm

nyk2017 wrote:

Brunson , Murray are underrated and are culture guys along with high IQ, high intangible players. The top 4 on the team would be right up there with most any NBA team.

KD/Kyrie have a lot of mileage, are cantankerous, and are injury prone.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,387

Post#19 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:16 pm

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#20 » by nedleeds » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:26 pm

nyk2017 wrote:Knicks should trade Noel, Burks for nothing or attach second round picks. Then sign Kyrie into cap space.

Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.

Return to New York Knicks