ImageImageImageImageImage

Marc Stein reporting a possible trade of Randle for Westbrook?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Re: Marc Stein reporting a possible trade of Randle for Westbrook? 

Post#161 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:33 pm

Every summer you guys hope for a Randle trade and it never happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,625

Post#162 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:34 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

But Brooklyn isn't interested in what the Lakers can offer. You left that part out.

Are you on your 5th pina colada already?
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,294

Post#163 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:35 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Keep hope alive!!

Read on Twitter
?t=Ifp-Osu76Jre2Z8I_nn-uA&s=19

Why does the DM trade have to happen for this? Makes no sense. If they don't get DM,they can use RW for a year either way or, buy him out and move on with a ton of cap space left next year. As a salary dump without a Mitchell trade...they wouldn't need picks back either.

Randle/Evan/Rose for RW straight up. That should leave max cat room on our books next year right?
:beer: RIP mags
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,217

Post#164 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:36 pm

It works salary wise if the Lakers trade Westbrook + THT + picks for Kyrie + Randle :o

Or can send Randle to the Nets in the 4 team deal

Get it done Leon!
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#165 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:40 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Read on Twitter

Why does the DM trade have to happen for this? Makes no sense. If they don't get DM,they can use RW for a year either way or, buy him out and move on with a ton of cap space left next year. As a salary dump without a Mitchell trade...they wouldn't need picks back either.

Randle/Evan/Rose for RW straight up. That should leave max cat room on our books next year right?

We would open up a lot of cap space with that move. I would look to move Randle either way.

Just a guess, but seems like Donovan Mitchell doesn't really want to play with Randle so that may be why its contingent on that trade.
Mavs
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#166 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:41 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Every summer you guys hope for a Randle trade and it never happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its gotta happen one of these days :lol:

Otherwise, 7 years of Randle is going to be rough.
Mavs
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#167 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:42 pm

god shammgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
yes. and to be honest i'm not even sure l.a. is really interested in that. westbrook is expiring and they could have a lot of cap space next summer when kyrie is a free agent. they'd be stuck with randle for 4 years. and maybe the nets actually trade kd eventually and then brooklyn decides to get kyrie out of there right away. nobody else but l.a. will trade for him. so i definitely don't see them paying for this. the rumor actually was that the knicks might be interested in this, not the lakers.

The Lakers have one year left with LeBron to win a chip. After this season, he’s an UFA and will sign with whatever team Bronny gets drafted by and play for the vet minimum. After that, the Lakers will need to replace LeBron. Enter Randle.

bronny is in high school. he can't play in the nba until 2024. and they're not winning a chip by adding randle. nor can he or will they want him to replace lebron. nothing you said made the slightest bit of sense. :lol:

Okay, I was off by one year. But I'm right about everything else and the fact that it's two years supports doing this trade even more. LeBron is gone from LA once Bronny gets drafted. So that give LA two (not one, as I erroneously stated) to win a chip with that group. Westbrook is a goner. Randle is the only player out there who's available.

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/news/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-future-uncertain-bronny-james

The Future Of LeBron James And The Lakers Remains Uncertain
LeBron James is eligible for a contract extension with the Los Angeles Lakers, but his future in the NBA depends greatly on what happens in the 2024 NBA Draft with his son LeBron “Bronny” James Jr.

BRETT SIEGEL
22 HOURS AGO

Some NBA players are lucky if they are still able to play at a relatively high-level at 37-years-old.

Set to turn 38 in December, LeBron James is not only still playing at a high-level, but he is still a Top-5 player in the NBA when healthy. On-pace to pass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for first on the NBA’s all-time scoring list during the 2022-23 season, James truly has nothing left to prove or achieve in his career.

An 18-time All-Star, 18-time All-NBA performer, a four-time champion, four-time MVP and four-time Finals MVP, James will go down as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, players in NBA history.

However, there is still one personal achievement that the soon-to-be 20-year veteran would like to fulfill and that is playing with his son LeBron “Bronny” James Jr. for at least one year in the NBA.

Bronny is 17-years-old and getting ready to begin his senior year in high school at Sierra Canyon. Widely expected to be a “one-and-done” talent when he goes to college, James Jr. will be eligible for the 2024 NBA Draft, which would come after his father’s 21st season in the league.

By the time Bronny James is in the draft, LeBron James will be 39-years-old and it is likely that by this point, he will be ready to pass the torch along to his son.

Playing with Bronny though remains the only thing LeBron still wants to do in his career though and during the 2021-22 season, James spoke with The Athletic in an exclusive interview and stated that his intention is to play with his son.

“My last year will be played with my son,” James said. “Wherever Bronny is at, that’s where I’ll be. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. It’s not about the money at that point.”
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#168 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:43 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Read on Twitter

We would open up a lot of cap space with that move. I would look to move Randle either way.

Just a guess, but seems like Donovan Mitchell doesn't really want to play with Randle so that may be why its contingent on that trade.

:lol: You making up stuff now to fuel your hopes
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#169 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:44 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Every summer you guys hope for a Randle trade and it never happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its gotta happen one of these days :lol:

Otherwise, 7 years of Randle is going to be rough.

It’s gonna be rough for you not me
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#170 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:46 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

No man, I saw a report on that too.
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#171 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

No man, I saw a report on that too.

:lol:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#172 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:54 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

RJ and Donovan Mitchell were dapping it up after the game. Randle tried saying saying something and they just ignored him and gave him a side eye look :lol:

Randle was being defended by Rudy Gobert as the clock was ticking, and apparently, he didn’t like it. Randle pushed Gobert’s hand away before getting into a verbal tussle with Donovan Mitchell. Randle was then seen passionately explaining something to coach Tom Thibodeau, as the rest of the Knicks shook hands with the Jazz.
Mavs
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#173 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 6:59 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

RJ and Donovan Mitchell were dapping it up after the game. Randle tried saying saying something and they just ignored him and gave him a side eye look :lol:

Randle was being defended by Rudy Gobert as the clock was ticking, and apparently, he didn’t like it. Randle pushed Gobert’s hand away before getting into a verbal tussle with Donovan Mitchell. Randle was then seen passionately explaining something to coach Tom Thibodeau, as the rest of the Knicks shook hands with the Jazz.

So because of a little argument, that means he doesn't want to play with him? :lol:

Ive heard enough conspiracy theories today
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#174 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Aug 4, 2022 7:08 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote: :lol: You making up stuff now to fuel your hopes

So because of a little argument, that means he doesn't want to play with him? :lol:

Hmmm, Donovan Mitchell just posted highlights of him crossing Randle and dunking on him

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=uHO-9zT-m6zJX1OHoiWfLw
Mavs
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#175 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Aug 4, 2022 7:14 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Hmmm, Donovan Mitchell just posted highlights of him crossing Randle and dunking on him

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

He posted that to fuel the Knicks rumors. That's what athletes do to mess with fans. You reading too much into everything :lol:

And he didn't even dunk on him :lol:

TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Post#176 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Aug 4, 2022 7:23 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Lol look at that stellar D by our “star”.

Him and Mitchell together would lead the league in the following defensive move:

Blueprint.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#177 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Aug 4, 2022 7:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:So because of a little argument, that means he doesn't want to play with him? :lol:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

He posted that to fuel the Knicks rumors. That's what athletes do to mess with fans. You reading too much into everything :lol:

And he didn't even dunk on him :lol:

That game was bad. You could see it on both the Knicks and Jazz. Everyone was sick of Randles antics. Mitchell was yelling at Randle then had great things to say about RJ

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=h5F54sHGLvkSpLGPYQY16w
Mavs
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,891

Post#178 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Aug 4, 2022 8:47 pm

2010 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
i don't think it's remotely possible that l.a. is giving up a 1st for julius randle

Read on Twitter

The fact that there is that much footage…

The fact that I NEVER seen shots THAT off in all my years playing around the country is so crazy coming from an NBA player. How can u be that bad of a shooter?
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,309

Post#179 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu Aug 4, 2022 8:55 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
2010 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Read on Twitter

The fact that there is that much footage…

The fact that I NEVER seen shots THAT off in all my years playing around the country is so crazy coming from an NBA player. How can u be that bad of a shooter?

Russ is sensitive. People mock and haggle him every time he takes a shot. It clearly got deep into his head where he 2nd guesses him self. I could be wrong but it seems like anxiety to me, I wonder if he was that off in UCLA or in his early OKC days
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#180 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Aug 4, 2022 9:08 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Read on Twitter

You might imagine so, but I did the calculation a couple of days ago and what you actually end up with is (I) RJ's cap hold and (II) 25 million in cap space if you renounce Cam. And that includes some incomplete roster charges which you might have filled this year above minimum salary, and no salary seu aside for 2023 draft picks.

Edited for trying the calculation again and getting more space.

Return to New York Knicks