ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks could and should take notes from the Yankees

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,906

Knicks could and should take notes from the Yankees 

Post#1 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:05 am

For those of you in the know, Joey Gallo was hitting .159 he was nothing short of abysmal... The Yankees flipped him for the Dodgers 15th best prospect which in turn became our 10th best prospect now.

There are teams that want Randle. I don't care what any fan says about how much he sucks, I'm his biggest critic he's a **** bum. But there are teams that would take a chance on him, give him a new atmosphere, new surroundings.

The Yankees realized their mistake and rectified it.... Why is that so **** hard to do for the Knicks I don't get it. He's not a fit anywhere on this team other than the bench. Get him off this team already....
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,325

Re: Knicks could and should take notes from the Yankees 

Post#2 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:21 am

What teams want Randle Mr Nba Insider
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#3 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:32 am

:eek1:

:beer: RIP mags
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#4 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:50 am

Even though Gallo wasn't performing on offense, he worked his butt hard on the bases and defense. He was liked, and even took responsibility and expressed regret that he wasn't performing up to standards as a Yankee. He's also paid 10 mill this year, and now that the season is almost over, it's a lot less. He will be expiring.

Yankees are definitely a good team to learn from though. They have guys who know how to play in New York, know how to set an organizational culture, their captain is actually a real captain, etc. They just got to lighten the purse strings a bit, which is a weird thing to say as a Yankees fan, but there you go. Oh, and they hate Boston. Eff Boston.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#5 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:01 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:What teams want Randle Mr Nba Insider

I know for a fact the

1. Nunya Business Insiders
2. Coocamonga cracka killaz
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#6 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 4:22 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:For those of you in the know, Joey Gallo was hitting .159 he was nothing short of abysmal... The Yankees flipped him for the Dodgers 15th best prospect which in turn became our 10th best prospect now.

There are teams that want Randle. I don't care what any fan says about how much he sucks, I'm his biggest critic he's a **** bum. But there are teams that would take a chance on him, give him a new atmosphere, new surroundings.

The Yankees realized their mistake and rectified it.... Why is that so **** hard to do for the Knicks I don't get it. He's not a fit anywhere on this team other than the bench. Get him off this team already....

You want to trade Randle for lesser contract and a SRP. That's the comparison....
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Post#7 » by bigtimeRC3 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 4:44 am

There’s no salary cap in baseball. If there was no cap, knicks would have won as many championships as the Yankees.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,652

Post#8 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 5, 2022 8:15 am

bigtimeRC3 wrote:There’s no salary cap in baseball. If there was no cap, knicks would have won as many championships as the Yankees.

That's why I always thought that Dolan would be a great owner of the Mets. And the Wilpons would've been better with the Knicks that had to work with a cap.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,652

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 5, 2022 8:19 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:For those of you in the know, Joey Gallo was hitting .159 he was nothing short of abysmal... The Yankees flipped him for the Dodgers 15th best prospect which in turn became our 10th best prospect now.

With the salary cap projected to go way up, Randle's contract will look like it has value by comparison. He's locked in. Plus, they get rid of Westbrook, which is huge for them. Makes too much sense to me.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#10 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Aug 5, 2022 9:29 am

Get off to a really fast start and be mediocre the rest of the way?
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#11 » by Polk377 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Get off to a really fast start and be mediocre the rest of the way?

Yankees can go 600 the rest of the season and still win the division by 10+ games. We are chillin in cruise control hater :lol:
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,967

Post#12 » by knicks94 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:38 pm

Pay a man $324 million dollars to stink up the joint for an entire decade?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#13 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Aug 5, 2022 4:14 pm

Polk377 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Get off to a really fast start and be mediocre the rest of the way?

Yankees can go 600 the rest of the season and still win the division by 10+ games. We are chillin in cruise control hater :lol:

I mistakenly thought the team was "special" a month ago. Turns out it's the same weak starting pitching, strikes out a lot offense that it's always been the last 5 years.

First round exit.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#14 » by moocow007 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 4:20 pm

The problem is Gallo isn't the Yankees most talented player nor was he pressured to carry the team. By the time he was traded Gallo was basically a defensive replacement. So the Yankees can afford to trade him and not have a talent vacuum created. The reality is in order to win in the NBA you need talent. Brunson is a nice add but he doesn't supplant Randle as the most talented player on this team (yes, sad, that's why the Knicks are one of the least talented teams in the NBA). Now if they can land Mitchell, Mitchell would become the most talented player on this team (he'd be Judge). But that still doesn't automatically make Randle the Knicks Joey Gallo. That makes Julius Randle the Knicks version of Giancarlo Stanton or Gerrit Cole (or Nestor Cortes). The Yankees wouldn't have traded any of those guys cause it would have created a talent vacuum. Same with trading Randle for "whatever". Also Beeter going from being ranked 15th best prospect of the Dodgers to the 10th best of the Yankees doesn't mean that he's some stud prospect. Beeter was getting pounded this season in the minors and there were serious concerns on whether he can actual be a starter in the majors cause his pitch mix isn't all that good or if he's even a possible major league player. Also even though the Yankees kept their top 3 prospects the prospects they didn trade were still blue chip prospects. And how many did they move? 8 of them in total? All from their top 20 prospects list. So Beeter as the 10th best doesn't mean he's really all that good it just means he's getting bumped up cause the Yankees moved about a 1/3 of their top 30.
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#15 » by DLTGWH » Fri Aug 5, 2022 6:23 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

With the salary cap projected to go way up, Randle's contract will look like it has value by comparison. He's locked in. Plus, they get rid of Westbrook, which is huge for them. Makes too much sense to me.

For those of us in “the know”? His stats were printed daily in the news paper and all across the internet for the entire world to see.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#16 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 8:31 pm

moocow007 wrote:The problem is Gallo isn't the Yankees most talented player nor was he pressured to carry the team. By the time he was traded Gallo was basically a defensive replacement. So the Yankees can afford to trade him and not have a talent vacuum created. The reality is in order to win in the NBA you need talent. Brunson is a nice add but he doesn't supplant Randle as the most talented player on this team (yes, sad, that's why the Knicks are one of the least talented teams in the NBA). Now if they can land Mitchell, Mitchell would become the most talented player on this team (he'd be Judge). But that still doesn't automatically make Randle the Knicks Joey Gallo. That makes Julius Randle the Knicks version of Giancarlo Stanton or Gerrit Cole (or Nestor Cortes). The Yankees wouldn't have traded any of those guys cause it would have created a talent vacuum. Same with trading Randle for "whatever". Also Beeter going from being ranked 15th best prospect of the Dodgers to the 10th best of the Yankees doesn't mean that he's some stud prospect. Beeter was getting pounded this season in the minors and there were serious concerns on whether he can actual be a starter in the majors cause his pitch mix isn't all that good or if he's even a possible major league player. Also even though the Yankees kept their top 3 prospects the prospects they didn trade were still blue chip prospects. And how many did they move? 8 of them in total? All from their top 20 prospects list. So Beeter as the 10th best doesn't mean he's really all that good it just means he's getting bumped up cause the Yankees moved about a 1/3 of their top 30.

Randle is far from the best player, most talented don't mean nothing, lots of players never reach they maximum talent potential. Randle doesn't have a single area of his game where he's even great at. Can't shoot, literally awful from 3,can't dribble, can't finish, can't hit free throws, mentally so fragile, passing is an adventure... There's not one thing he excels at and he's turning 28.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#17 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 8:32 pm

DLTGWH wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

For those of us in “the know”? His stats were printed daily in the news paper and all across the internet for the entire world to see.

Not everyone watches the Yankees or baseball period. I only follow the Yankees n standings, check scores.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#18 » by blue and orange » Sat Aug 6, 2022 5:51 pm

How about just not signing the next Joey Gallo, Gallo you would want for a tank job though. If we had a Miguel Andujar sitting in our Dleague this board would explode.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,250

Post#19 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Aug 7, 2022 8:06 am

bigtimeRC3 wrote:There’s no salary cap in baseball. If there was no cap, knicks would have won as many championships as the Yankees.

This!!!

Maybe not as many as the Yankees, but that's the point I was going to make. If Basketball had no salary cap, Dolan would be a lot more like Steinbrenner. He'd have been able to put together a good team through free agency a lot of the time. Basketball is trickier. Baseball is comparatively easy to manage for a team with money.
Go NY Go NY Go
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#20 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Aug 7, 2022 2:54 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:

This!!!

Maybe not as many as the Yankees, but that's the point I was going to make. If Basketball had no salary cap, Dolan would be a lot more like Steinbrenner. He'd have been able to put together a good team through free agency a lot of the time. Basketball is trickier. Baseball is comparatively easy to manage for a team with money.

Right now YAnks are being fairly frugal so they are functioning like a capped team. However, yes all the salary trade rules don't apply and dont carry comparable consequence.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate

Return to New York Knicks