ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: How do you feel about wearing shorts like Jalen Green?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,541

Re: OT: How do you feel about wearing shorts like Jalen Green? 

Post#21 » by Kidknick! » Tue Aug 9, 2022 7:04 pm

Trends change, it is what it is. I wear at or slightly below the knee because I'm from that 90's era.

Low tops and bootyhuggers back like it's the 60's.
aromeoj
Senior
And1: 601

Post#22 » by aromeoj » Tue Aug 9, 2022 7:09 pm

why are we talking bout mans shorts?

Twitter: aromeoj | Instagram: aromeoj | Sports Marketer | Sneakerhead
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,933

Post#23 » by GettinitDone » Tue Aug 9, 2022 7:16 pm

I grew up in 90s, at school we hated our once per week sports because our shorts were Stockton short shorts. Girls obviously don't mind, but all the guys wanted the knee length shorts.

I think Green's shorts are a tad longer than Stockton shorts... he is setting a trend, they look good on him, makes players who wear long shorts feel too baggy. Jordan Poole and Jaylen Brown also rock short shorts.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,004

Post#24 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Aug 9, 2022 8:59 pm

aromeoj wrote:why are we talking bout mans shorts?

off-season boredom :meditate:
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#25 » by Nostrand Ave » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:55 am

Ma10 wrote:

That's just ridiculous.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#26 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:30 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:Image

Have we changed passed the baggy AI look of the 90s?

Do you wear shorts above the knees?

When you look on Nike.com, some of the shorts are like this too:

https://www.nike.com/w/mens-shorts-38fphznik1

I ask because I wear my shorts above the knees like Jalen Green. I work out a lot and it's more functional and aerodynamic. I haven't gotten clowned but a few older relatives tell me they're too short. What do you think?

I wear shorts above the knee but this dude is straight up sus. There's a difference between form fitting and ghey shyt.
ellobo
Veteran
And1: 4,477

Post#27 » by ellobo » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:53 pm

I ask because I wear my shorts above the knees like Jalen Green. I work out a lot and it's more functional and aerodynamic. I haven't gotten clowned but a few older relatives tell me they're too short. What do you think?

Just noticed that Jalen Green is wearing a Michael Jordan t-shirt. On a recent general board thread (trolling Knicks fans about Brunson, Randall, and Obi losing a pro-am game) someone posted this video of John Rogers, CEO of Ariel Investments and former Princeton team captain, roasting MJ in a one on one game. Rogers is wearing his shorts just above the knee and MJ is in full baggies.

Coincidence? I think not.

Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling the truth.
Bob Ross
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,511

Post#28 » by Bob Ross » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:25 pm

I do not care about the fashion choices of the rich
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,680

Post#29 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:10 am

You got to have the legs for it. *wink*
Free Palestine
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#30 » by Marty McFly » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:05 am

how old are them older relatives? magic and showtime wore some short ass shorts.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#31 » by Marty McFly » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:06 am

As far as the question, the only thing that worries me about short shorts is my dick popping out when I walk up the stairs.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#32 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:32 pm

Marty McFly wrote:As far as the question, the only thing that worries me about short shorts is my dick popping out when I walk up the stairs.
No draws blues?

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#33 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:03 pm

I work in the fashion industry. Short shorts for men are actually in style right now. Heck even at my age, I wear short shorts. But then again I can squat over 450lbs (repeatedly) and therefore have the legs for it. You need to have muscular thighs for the short shorts to work for you IMO. The big thighs also prevent your pee pee from popping out cause it creates a hermetic seal around the leg holes. :o
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#34 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:17 am

moocow007 wrote:I work in the fashion industry. Short shorts for men are actually in style right now. Heck even at my age, I wear short shorts. But then again I can squat over 450lbs (repeatedly) and therefore have the legs for it. You need to have muscular thighs for the short shorts to work for you IMO. The big thighs also prevent your pee pee from popping out cause it creates a hermetic seal around the leg holes. :o
You guys don't wear underwear.with your shorts?

HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,905

Post#35 » by HerSports85 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:36 am

Listen the ladies are loving the short shorts! We call them hoochie daddy shorts. So yessss please keep wearing them. But like wingo said, only if you have the legs!

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by moocow007 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:17 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
moocow007 wrote:I work in the fashion industry. Short shorts for men are actually in style right now. Heck even at my age, I wear short shorts. But then again I can squat over 450lbs (repeatedly) and therefore have the legs for it. You need to have muscular thighs for the short shorts to work for you IMO. The big thighs also prevent your pee pee from popping out cause it creates a hermetic seal around the leg holes. :o
You guys don't wear underwear.with your shorts?

I was just trying to help out the other guy. I wear underwear. I don't like my willy that free. :lol:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by moocow007 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:20 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Listen the ladies are loving the short shorts! We call them hoochie daddy shorts. So yessss please keep wearing them. But like wingo said, only if you have the legs!

Read on Twitter

Exactly. Same way guys like girls showing their tight asses, girls like guys that do the same. Girls are just as much horndogs as guys, they just don't show it openly as much as guys do.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#38 » by nedleeds » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:20 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Don't really care, but John Stockton is smiling.

Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
ellobo
Veteran
And1: 4,477

Post#39 » by ellobo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:28 pm

HerSports85 wrote:Listen the ladies are loving the short shorts! We call them hoochie daddy shorts. So yessss please keep wearing them. But like wingo said, only if you have the legs!

Read on Twitter

Damon Young in the Washington Post:
https://wapo.st/3C6vz4Y

I tried it: The Day I Wore ‘Hoochie Daddy Shorts’
By Damon Young

Cold thighs on a hot day feels like a paradox. Or perhaps like a picnic spread with fried chicken from a cooler. But on May 21, as the temperature climbed to 88 degrees in Pittsburgh, I was possessed by an unusual feeling on my thighs. Maybe “cold” is hyperbole. Cold thighs on a hot day would suggest a serious circulation issue. Something in need of rheumatological intervention. But they did feel chilly.

I felt other unusual things there too. A light breeze. A drop of perspiration from my brow. A (presumably) hungry gnat. A spectacle of sensations due to a decision I made that morning, to put my slim-fitting, above-the-knee, Levi’s jean shorts on, and then cuff them so that they were (approximately) eight inches above my knee — creating a homemade version of what are now known as “hoochie daddy shorts.”

The etymological origin of hoochie daddy shorts is unclear. But the term entered our lexicon this spring to describe (presumably straight) men who’ve begun wearing form-fitting shorts that are short enough to reveal mid-to-upper thigh meat. (Which is something queer men have been doing, well, forever. But forgive us. We’re slow!) It’s a natural evolution of men’s fashion, where the loose and baggy clothes of the ’90s and early aughts have progressively given way, over the past 20 years, to slim, skinny and even asphyxiatingly snug fits. A glance at the NBA draft synopsizes this change. In 2003, the year future superstars LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade were selected, they looked like sentient pinch pleat curtains about to arrest Al Capone. But if they were drafted in 2022, their suits would be tailored, their slacks would be tapered and their ankles and shins would be NC-17.

And while hoochie daddy shorts might be new to this generation, they’re not new. If you’re fortunate enough to have pictures of the 60- and 70-year-old men in your life from when they were in their 20s and 30s, you might see them in shorts so short they could be drawers. One of my favorite images from that era — and maybe my favorite of any era — is of Marvin Gaye and Jesse Jackson playing one-on-one. Both are wearing headbands, both look like extras on “American Bandstand,” and both are billboards for lavish leg meat.

Anyway, armed with the confidence of seeing dozens of contemporary men on social media revealing excessive thigh, I decided to try it myself. “If they can do it, so can I,” I thought to myself. (“How do you like them apples, Marvin Gaye?” I also thought, which might have just been the result of post-covid brain fog.) And then, two hours later, after venturing outside and running various errands, I had another thought: “Yeah ... this is paradoxical and anticlimactic.”

I anticipated catcalls, impromptu photoshoots, compliments on my “bravery,” invitations to secret societies and a cascade of hoochie daddies inviting me to hoop. Maybe I’d even encounter a hoochie daddy flash mob, and we’d frolic down the street together, eating tacos and crowding bike lanes. None of this happened.

I did not anticipate what actually happened, which is that having more exposed thigh meant that my thighs would be more exposed to the elements. With no fabric to protect me, my thighs got chilly. And then wet. And then ravaged by gnats. And then, when I got into my car, which was parked in the sun, it felt like I was sitting on lava. (For people who regularly sit bare thighs on hot car seats, is it something that hurts every time, like a tattoo? Or do you build up a gradual tolerance for fire on your glutes?)

Two hours later, after venturing outside and running various errands, I had another thought: “Yeah ... this is paradoxical and anticlimactic.”

Also, it felt like … hmmm. Have you ever joked “Get a room!” at someone being a bit too randy in public? It felt like the universe was telling my thighs to “Get a room!”

Other things it felt like the universe was telling me:

“Your wife said you left your zinc pills on the kitchen counter.”

“I told you not to skip leg day.”

“You are 43.”

That said, there were some unexpected benefits. I felt more evolved. Like I was the type of man who owned a monocle and only spoke in Shakespearean monologues, like Joe Morton on “Scandal.” I also felt taller. And, strangely, faster. Like the hoochie daddy shorts would’ve shaved a half-second off my 40 time.

Ultimately, I think straight men are overdue in freeing ourselves from the shackles of Holy Spirit-approved hemlines. Maybe the shortest of shorts aren’t for you, but our thighs should at least have options. Bare or covered. Regular or crispy. The customer is always right.

Would I do it again? Let me get back to you after I finish these squats.
Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling the truth.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,953

Post#40 » by Stannis » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter

haha I think calling them hoochie shorts is a little much. We ain't flooding the pools and beaches in speedos yet. :lol:

Men's clothing continues to get more fitted. And I actually think women's clothing is trending towards baggy.

It seems like this kinda look is in:
Spoiler:

Over sized tops too:
Spoiler:
https://soxy.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/How-To-Wear-Oversized-Shirts-6.jpg

I do think men clothing is getting a little too tight:

Spoiler:
https://youraverageguystyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Mens-Fashion-Blogger-Grey-T-Shirt-Skinny-Jeans-Outfit.jpg

Once you get the stretch in fabric, it's too much.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks